talking to myself

Photo

Restitution

Posted by markdohle , 05 January 2012 · 58 views

Restitution

Our actions, even if compulsive, with no bad will behind them, have the same affect on others as the same act that is done freely and perhaps with malice. Our free actions are a form of self creation, our compulsive ones are what imprisons and will not allow movement forward towards inner healing and community.

Our free...

Photo

Step out

Posted by markdohle , 05 January 2012 · 62 views

Step out

Fear is there to warn us of some threat, which is good, it keeps us safe. There are times however when feeling ‘safe’ is just an excuse not to step out and take a chance. I suppose the only way I can deal with fear is to face it, probably a temperamental thing, I can’t do otherwise, the regret is too great if I don’t.

Photo

Flesh incarnated

Posted by markdohle , 04 January 2012 · 74 views

Flesh, incarnated

Once you connect with someone, no matter how slight; there is a change. The closed circle becomes a little larger and the learning to ‘see’ differently moves forward a pace. People do not deserve pity and for the most part most don’t want it. However to be seen, listened to and not judged self righteously; well who does not...

Photo

Commonality

Posted by markdohle , 03 January 2012 · 58 views

Commonality

People learn from their own pain to be empathetic and compassionate
towards those with whom they met, who are outside the family, religion,
race and country. We learn of our commonality through struggle and suffering and in the
receiving of mercy from others.

Photo

Our lives have meaning

Posted by markdohle , 03 January 2012 · 50 views

Our lives have meaning

For the Christian, the Word, or Christ is the way to seek to understand life and what it is about. In Christ, God emptied himself and dived full bodied into our human experience with all of its joys and sufferings. Perhaps each religion does this, gives tools to help us make sense of our lives and what they are...

Photo

Incapacity

Posted by markdohle , 01 January 2012 · 111 views

Incapacity

The more I want a heart of flesh, the greater is the burden in the knowledge of my incapacity. In my younger years I constructed some very high and strong barriers to keep what I fear out. When they were placed, I guess they were needed. Now they are a hindrance. Or perhaps on the other hand a spur to keep me moving forward;...

Photo

Thirst

Posted by markdohle , 31 December 2011 · 54 views

Thirst

I think that in my own life I spend an awful lot of time ‘seeking’ this center in things that in the end do not hold. Finitude cannot fill the void that seeks infinity. I dance around that inner calling and attraction and there are times when I don’t understand why. It is like being filled with thirst, yet unwilling to drink from...

Photo

Impossible situations

Posted by markdohle , 31 December 2011 · 57 views

Impossible situations

There are human situations that are simply impossible. I suppose for caregivers, whether they are working with a family member or friend, or like myself, who works where there are more than a few patients; situations arise wherein there is no solution, but something that has to be accepted and lived through. The...

Photo

Limitations

Posted by markdohle , 30 December 2011 · 47 views

Limitations

We live in a world of limitations. I am sure that those who know me become frustrated when they encounter certain restrictions in me, especially when they seek to be deeply understood and listened to. At times I can’t do it. Don’t have the experience, depth, intelligence, or the insight, to be able to make that jump in regard...

Photo

Sociopath

Posted by markdohle , 29 December 2011 · 64 views

Sociopath
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

There is someone I know (lets call him Will), who seems to be a sociopath, though perhaps I will never actually know. He is a pleasant enough person, easy to get along with and seems to be caring of others. Then things come up later on, usually after he is gone, for he is very good at covering...

Photo

Easy way out

Posted by markdohle , 27 December 2011 · 54 views

Restless night

It was a strange night. William was awake for most of it. When I went in at about 11 PM to check in on him, because he was yelling at someone he thought was in his room; I found his bed pretty much torn apart. He was very animated acting like he was talking to a lot of people in his room and having trouble keeping up...

Photo

Easy way out

Posted by markdohle , 26 December 2011 · 33 views

Easy way out

To become a compassionate and loving human being, is an uphill journey that takes discipline and the courage to not allowing my failures or those of others to derail me. Again, to become a cynic about human nature is the easy way out and has a kind of romantic, world weary charm about it, but it leads nowhere, because all I...

Photo

Blessed day

Posted by markdohle , 25 December 2011 · 94 views

Blessed day

Went to Midnight mass last night. Took "Ron" with me. Got him up around 11PM. Did not give him his night meds at the regular time. He enjoyed it very much and seemed to know where he was at and what it was about. On the way back to his room he did ask what building we were in. When we got near his room, he...

Photo

The great reward

Posted by markdohle , 24 December 2011 · 67 views

The reat reward

The greatest gift is simply love, simple, direct and down to earth. Expressed in homely ways that can bring comfort to those in pain, solace to those who grieve, affection and touch for those who long for a healing touch and also hard words of truth when needed. As the heart expands, the reward for loving is simply to...

Photo

Paradox supreme

Posted by markdohle , 24 December 2011 · 211 views
Merry Christmas

Paradox supreme

Cosmos vast,
no end in sight,
light years countless
it would take to traverse,
yet in a child is Divinity shown;
in a cave born,
small and weak;

paradox supreme.

“And a child shall rule them”.

Photo

No matter what the cost

Posted by markdohle , 22 December 2011 · 171 views

No matter what the cost

Often when I am in the emergency room with a charge, I will often hear a sound that truly tears at the human heart. It is the wailing of incomprehension, of a very small child, having some kind of medical intervention done. I would think there are few people in the world who are not effected by such a sound. Here...

Photo

When maturity takes hold

Posted by markdohle , 21 December 2011 · 73 views

When maturity takes hold

Mercy leads to healing, which can take years to accomplish as maturity takes hold and inner honesty takes deeper root. So mercy is yes a grace, freely given, not only by God but also by humans (again I feel a sign of grace active in the world), that is like a leaven, that slowly does its work as we continue on...

Photo

Asking for mercy

Posted by markdohle , 20 December 2011 · 173 views

Asking for mercy

Sometimes mercy can be understood and its cost in asking and receiving it, when on occasion something hurtful or cruel is done to a loved one; someone central to ones life and existence’, a wife, husband, friend etc. I have experienced this. The reality of the injustice done can cause deep wells of sorrow and suffering and...

Photo

Shadow of divine reality

Posted by markdohle , 20 December 2011 · 60 views

Shadow of divine reality
(This is one way of looking at mercy, from the perspetive of my being a christian)

To extend mercy is freeing. The one who is the beneficiary however may not understand it, or accept it. Or if he does, it may take time for the work of mercy to bring up the reality of the evil done, by the wrongdoer. I feel that...

Photo

To painful to encounter

Posted by markdohle , 19 December 2011 · 56 views

Too painful to encounter

Activity keeps boredom at bay, for if what lies beneath the boredom experienced, is far from boring. Noise, excessive activity, the manic desire not to be alone, or quiet, is there for a reason. For there is much in each unique individual that could be either too painful to encounter, or perhaps very dangerous to...