talking to myself

Photo

A bad start

Posted by markdohle , 26 June 2012 · 254 views

A bad start

William had a bad start this morning when we got him up.  You never know what the experience will be when it is time to get him out of bed.  Some mornings he is happy, others in a very bad mood and it can be difficult to clean, dress and place him in his Gerry-chair.  This...

Photo

Personal infallibility

Posted by markdohle , 25 June 2012 · 362 views

Personal infallibility

I had a good time with a friend today.  We talked about different subjects, events and our interpretation of what is going on.  Our differences are many, though this has more to do with our personalities than with issues; it is how we react to certain situations or ideas.  I have learned long ago that people need...

Photo

Anger, rage and lust

Posted by markdohle , 25 June 2012 · 463 views

Anger, rage and lust

Anger, rage and lust seem to be made up of fire, or at least that is how I look at it.  I think of myself as being a person full of fire, jagged edges and inner conflict.  Red is my least favorite color because of my identifying with these often disturbing emotions and yes desires.  For revenge at times, for sex,...

Photo

Somthing good

Posted by markdohle , 24 June 2012 · 258 views

Somthing good

There are many ways that people deal with their failures and guilt.  One way is to try to blame someone else.  Another ploy is to admit that a bad choice was made, or that one was overwhelmed in the moment and did not know what they were doing.  Of course there is truth to it much of the time, but still there is something...

Photo

Too focused

Posted by markdohle , 24 June 2012 · 394 views

Too focused

A friend of mine wanted me to help him to learn to drive.  Now he is a very tense kind of fella, very focused and organized, almost too much so.  So we got in the car and off we went.  At first he was doing ok, but then I noticed he was only looking at the road in front of him, not at his rear-view or left and right mirrors. ...

Photo

Waiting on the Lord

Posted by markdohle , 23 June 2012 · 485 views
nothingness, waiting, dryness and 1 more...

Waiting on the Lord

One aspect of prayer, one that is often uncomfortable and at times can be actually painful, when all we can do it to wait on the Lord.  Waiting takes up a lot of time even in our day to day lives.  We wait at airports, doctors and dentist offices, even for an important call.  There can be an experience of nothingness in...

Photo

Freedoms

Posted by markdohle , 23 June 2012 · 357 views

Freedoms

Those that are different are in fact dark mirrors that can lead to inner freedom, if what we see reflected is understood and accepted.  Of course there is nothing simple about any of this, the difficulty remains and I just stumble along, more flat on my face than upright, yet I am hopeful.  Each person has to find a way to live...

Photo

Where will it end?

Posted by markdohle , 22 June 2012 · 392 views

Where will it end?

A friend of mine brought me some rice and beans today.  A simple dish, but one that I believe I could eat everyday without tiring of it....sort of like chicken.  It is funny how little it takes to satisfy, to make one content, yet there is still the rat race that seems to be getting ever faster and crazier.  Technology...

Photo

A long chain of little things

Posted by markdohle , 22 June 2012 · 322 views
choice, decision, little things

A long chain of little things

I would think it a common experience that each morning is looked upon as a new beginning.  Another chance to move forward with our lives in ways that are important and of course central to the desirer for a deeper more meaningful life, be it in ones job, school, our religious aspirations, spiritual  path, or...

Photo

Inner whirlwind

Posted by markdohle , 21 June 2012 · 426 views
inner voices, chaos, trust

Inner whirlwind

I don't always know what is going on inside,
my shadow(s) sometimes show themselves
wispy figures hard to make out;
they so like to hide,
or perhaps it is my own doing;
arrogance is the quality I see,
also contempt as well
aspects I am afraid to face head on,
then I wonder,
am I real, a fake, or just someone...

Photo

Our affect and importance

Posted by markdohle , 21 June 2012 · 245 views

Our affect and importance

It is hard to understand how important we each are to each other in our different families, neighborhoods, countries, as well as in our different belief systems.  The affect we have on one another is often underrated and I believe can lead to a great deal of suffering, as well as fragmentation, both in our...

Photo

Pharisees R us

Posted by markdohle , 20 June 2012 · 234 views

Pharisees R us

It was those who were religious, who knew the bible and went to synagogue and temple that Jesus directed his anger towards….The Pharisees were actually good people and had the respect of the population…. We are I believe those Pharisees of today, or can be, if we find ourselves judging and condemning others in...

Photo

Thread on the Ten Commandments

Posted by markdohle , 20 June 2012 · 290 views

Thread on the Ten Commandments

I am somewhat hesitant on writing on this subject, but have been asked to and am going to attempt to give this subject the attention it deserves.  I am not a scholar by any means, but I have from an early age dedicated a lot of energy to the study of my religious tradition and how it has impacted my life.  I...

Photo

From one generation to the next

Posted by markdohle , 19 June 2012 · 267 views

From one generation to the next

I have a memory that happened to me when I was about three or four.  I am sure I was at that young age because I can remember being in our car, in the back seat and how small I was.  I had to stand up to look outside the window.  I guess it was downtown St. Louis, because I could see so many skyscrapers when...

Photo

A dream

Posted by markdohle , 18 June 2012 · 293 views

A dream

A dream

I had a dream last night, in which one of the men I took care of was a central part of it.  It was just a dream but we did have a conversation and the gist of it was this:  “Mark, the only thing that it central for you is to grow in love, nothing else matters, just do that”.  Joachim was a very devout and loving...

Photo

A Tabernacle

Posted by markdohle , 18 June 2012 · 241 views

A Tabernacle

Christ Jesus dwells in all hearts; it is when we understand this that we can begin to comprehend the statement of Jesus:  “Whatever you do to the least, you do unto me”.  It is about the radical immanence of God.  For Catholics the Eucharist points to this reality, often hidden from our understanding, the infinite...

Photo

Truly human

Posted by markdohle , 17 June 2012 · 258 views

Truly human

Being a Christian is about allowing Jesus to work through us, from our heart united to his pure, loving, human heart.  It is about “being’ before ‘doing’.  Loving ourselves, something hard won, that comes through self knowledge, which allows us to see others as brothers and sisters on the path who fall...

Photo

Abstruse

Posted by markdohle , 17 June 2012 · 242 views

Abstruse

Talking is cheap, writing about the Christian path is cheaper still, and anyone can do it. By touting high sounding words… that can just be icing over nothing at all….zilch underneath--- sort of like cotton candy, just not very sweet to the taste.  Quoting scriptures can be the most insidious of all, for it is easy...

Photo

Inner thirst

Posted by markdohle , 16 June 2012 · 286 views

Inner thirst

Longing is akin to thirst, something sharp, painful, and leading to an often frantic exploration to find some quenching.  Or like hunger, a deep gnawing in the pit of the stomach, which demands the inner void to be filled, if not with healthy food, then with anything to lessen the all consuming feeling of inner abandonment. ...

Photo

One word

Posted by markdohle , 16 June 2012 · 312 views

One word

William was good this morning,
he was talkative, laughing and singing,
his eyes bright, happy and after we finished
I stayed and talked to him,
not sure he understands but he seems to enjoy
these moments of just being together,
then he looked at me and his eyes brightened
and he said one word, in a very powerful...