talking to myself

Photo

Trump Rap

Posted by markdohle , 02 March 2016 · 313 views

Trump Rap

I know this is not a good place to play, but I decided write some
"Trump Rap". It is both in fun and serious. I get confused over politics, but can't say I trust this guy.

Trump Rap

Yo Yo,

Gather round friends and listen to me

I from the billionaire...

Photo

The Little Way

Posted by markdohle , 01 March 2016 · 267 views

The Little Way

In sum, then, the little way is often is often a little way of darkness. It’s about accepting that we are to put with ourselves---with all the darkness of our weakness, brokenness, and sin---without getting discouraged.From the book:  33 Days of Merciful Love
by Michael E. Gaitley. ...

Photo

Fortitude/ Endurance

Posted by markdohle , 29 February 2016 · 252 views

Fortitude/ Endurance

I wasn’t sure I could make it up all those steps. I was beginning to feel that this might be thrusting me over the edge of my endurance level. I could turn back, but I kept thinking - the top can’t be too far away. I was so tired I couldn’t look up. I could only look at the stone step...

Photo

Compassion and Beneficence (Our True-North)

Posted by markdohle , 27 February 2016 · 249 views

Compassion and Beneficence
(Our True-North)

“The world today is closer together and adherents of non-Christian religions live among us. In this situation, for the sake of understanding and peaceful coexistence, it is necessary to take a look over the fence of our own cultural context into the world of...

Photo

Purity of heart, failure, listening, confession and healing

Posted by markdohle , 26 February 2016 · 228 views

Purity of heart, failure, listening, confession and healing

(Transference: the shift of emotions, especially those experienced
in childhood, from one person or object to another, especially
the transfer of feelings about a parent to an...

Photo

A man fatigued and under pressure

Posted by markdohle , 25 February 2016 · 196 views

A man fatigued and under pressure

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and not wake up!

(Something a man on retread told me.)

I was taking to one of the men on retreat here.  His life was out of control, his job was something that he hated and he and his wife were constantly fighting over money...

Photo

The sea, Ayn Rand, hotdogs, and a job in 1976 (This is an older piece written in July of 06).

Posted by markdohle , 23 February 2016 · 213 views

The sea, Ayn Rand, hot-dogs, and a job in 1976

(This is an older piece written in July of 06).

I remember visiting some of the family in Texas, it was in 1976 and I guess I spent about 4 months there.  I was 26, questioning on which direction that I wanted my life to go in.  I was not in any kind of crisis, but just...

Photo

Bitterness, life and trust

Posted by markdohle , 22 February 2016 · 260 views

Bitterness, life and trust

A man asked me a question about why 'God is doing bad things to him"?  He was bitter and angry and I was hesitant to reply.  I believe any reply to questions like these is iffy to say the least.  Below is my response and I am not sure if it was the right one to make or not.  Sometimes life can seem like...

Photo

Our journey

Posted by markdohle , 21 February 2016 · 214 views

Our journey

We are pilgrims, not always something easy to contemplate, it means we are all on a journey towards somewhere, that place is at the end of our ride though this life.

The route is hard and dangerous for all, there is pain, heartbreak,
confusion and loneliness often will dog us all the days of our lives,though surrounded by...

Photo

A woman who shone more than she knew

Posted by markdohle , 20 February 2016 · 204 views

A woman who shone more than she knew

One way that many people deal with their interior life is to try to repress all that would allow growth in self knowledge.  The problem with this is that it takes a great deal of energy to do so and can in fact lead to depression, or being compulsively busy.  It takes a lot of energy to keep things...

Photo

This might be a rant, not sure, let me know

Posted by markdohle , 20 February 2016 · 227 views

This might be a rant, not sure, let me know

I was having a conversation with a man who called himself a ‘freethinker’.  It is a funny term; seeming to imply that they are the only ones who think for themselves and that everyone else is I guess a ‘un-free-thinker’.  Sort of like being a un-cola drink; were-in...

Photo

Accosted in the name of truth

Posted by markdohle , 19 February 2016 · 212 views

Accosted in the name of truth

A week ago, right after community Mass, I had a run in with one of our guest.  Nice young man, very conservative, devout and thinking about entering the priesthood.  He was upset over how we relate to certain types of guests who stay in our retreat house.  He was forceful, perhaps angry and seemed to be...

Photo

We grow into something beautiful or monstrous

Posted by markdohle , 17 February 2016 · 239 views

We grow into something beautiful or monstrous

“God never violates our free will. It is up to us whether we want to receive
God’s grace or not. It is up to us whether we will co-operate
with it or waste it” (Faustina Diary, 1107).

Today many try to deny that we are free, that we have a will that can be...

Photo

Joy and freedom for me in Panama (The experience of the lightness-of-being)

Posted by markdohle , 16 February 2016 · 278 views

Joy and freedom for me in Panama
(The experience of the lightness-of-being)

I do believe that many of our pleasant memories of the past are often cleaned up so that we can enjoy them.  I believe that is something good and studies have shown that nostalgic memories are very positive and help those who have them to...

Photo

When our journey truly commences

Posted by markdohle , 15 February 2016 · 394 views

When our true journey truly commences

“The Father who waits for us in order to cast off our garments of exhaustion,
of apathy, of mistrust, so He can clothe us “with the dignity which only a true
father or mother knows how to give their children, with the
garments born of tenderness and love.”---Pope...

Photo

Connecting the parts of our lives

Posted by markdohle , 14 February 2016 · 387 views

Connecting the parts of our lives

I enjoy customer service…I enjoy serving others.  And now I use the word to serve God…a natural fit…to serve.
I had not connected the two parts of my life…the two parts are now one; writing reveals. ---Gail Bardis

People who serve others because they truly...

Photo

That faith finds expression in concrete everyday action

Posted by markdohle , 14 February 2016 · 366 views

That faith finds expression in concrete everyday action

The spiritual and corporal works of mercy, the pontiff said, “remind us that faith finds expression in concrete everyday actions meant to help our neighbors in body and spirit: by feeding, visiting, comforting and instructing them. On such things...

Photo

Breaking cycles

Posted by markdohle , 13 February 2016 · 361 views

Breaking cycles

Life is made up of cycles.  Some are inherited from our families, others simply adopted, which can cause a great deal of frustration and pain in our lives.  Ways of dealing with life that only lead to another turn of the wheel, since what needs to be dealt with is buried under strategies that...

Photo

To change the world we must be good to those who cannot repay us." ~Pope Francis

Posted by markdohle , 12 February 2016 · 312 views

To change the world we must be good to
those who cannot repay us." ~Pope Francis

When Christians forget that Christ identifies with all we meet; especially those who are overlooked and considered unimportant, it is then when we are absorbed into the cultures that we live in.  When that happens, our ability to make change for the...

Photo

The mystery of union with Christ and with others

Posted by markdohle , 11 February 2016 · 213 views

The mystery of union with Christ and with others

Once, the image was being exhibited over the altar during the Corpus Christi procession [June 20, 1935].  When the priest exposed the Blessed Sacrament, and the choir began to sing, the rays from image pierced the Sacred Host and spread out all over the world.  Then I heard these words: ...