Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Take it up with Encyclopedia Brittanica, that’s his source. However, it’s interesting the whole explanation here…I don’t really want to bog down in it but I could see it meaning, a core concept of safe place….a place to be free, or own a house, someone with money, nobility….even a safe anchorage, a safe harbour, a place to set up house and inhabit freely. The inverted commas of “free, noble man” is not an etymology….it’s a meaning term, of an original concept, embodied into a current concept meaning. In Berber, it has the meaning “free, noble man”. There is no consensus on its etymology. It seems to be the agent noun of an ancient radical *ZƔ which could be related to the verbal root ZƔ (“to set up tent”), attested in Central Atlas Tamazight and to the pan-Berber noun tazeqqa (“house”) (pl. tizeɣwin). If this link is correct, the word amaziɣ would have originally meant “the nomad, he who lives under the tent” or “the inhabitant, the resident”. [1] With the regular sound correspondence of Tamazight ɣ to the corresponding Semitic roots k, q; in turn a related Afroasiatic language group, is ز ك و (z-k-w), which does have the meaning of “free”, “to be purified from excess”, “to dispense of filth or materials”, to improve”, “to free something of inefficiencies”, “to shed its burdens”, “not to be bogged down”, “to allow to thrive or move freely”.[2]
  3. From Part 2 (Executive Summary): (from https://www.aaro.mil/Portals/136/PDFs/AARO_Historical_Record_Report_Volume_1_2024.pdf ) Any questions?
  4. the13bats

Trump to announce 2024 run

Very, very well said, What was shoddy to say the least was BOMs incompetent response to covid. It's weird to me, tRump subjects seem to feel the need to go full blow rabbit hole on anti vaccine yet their lord and master vaxxed as did many of them, well the ones who didn't die taking Trump's advice.
  5. LoL Doesn't inspire confidence in an education secretary does it. Isn't this the chick who says she would punch out inspectors or something? Classy.
  6. tcgram

Rogue's Gallery III

Great pictures everyone! 😊
  7. First you guys get a wannabe Trump in the Boris Johnson failure, now you're following right wing America on social issues. Has the UK lost its identity? What's next, ditch fish n chips and bangers and mash for a hot dog and Budweiser?
  8. I'm not sure the best reaction to your post: revulsion at its contents or thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention. Or mockery at the p*$$-poor quality of these facile immature rants. Might I propose some more perceptive alternatives? "Black, white, green and red, Hamas want every Jew dead." "LGBT stand with Hamas; please don't kill us just for laughs." "We are clueless college kids. So we're shouting kill the Y*ds." "From the river to the sea, Kent's a quite nice place to be." 1400 academics... Do you think - if all these eminent scholars got together at a conference and looked around... and saw that's how many innocent people were massacred on Oct 7th... they might have a collective moment of self-awareness? Then either change their position 180° and call out Hamas for the cowardly filth they are, or at least skulk off home and shut the flip up.
  9. Perhaps she's been to the library and borrowed the book 'Basic Biology for Dummies'.
  10. This may perhaps be worthy of a separate thread, but given that this thread was created to allow a (somewhat self proclaimed) expert with insider knowledge to make many claims, and, as far as I can see, those claims were refuted or shown to be exaggerations or unsupported.... well, maybe what follows puts the finishing touches to the paintjob.. I'm about to quote from the long awaited final (?) report from AARO. What's AARO? Glad you asked. From it's Wiki: And here is what that report, released just last month, had to say, after that body, which is slowly but surely putting itself out of business added in all the recent stuff, like the triangular and other UFO's associated with the Nimitz and anything else, old or new, that has cropped up. My emphasis: From Part 1 (The Introduction) From https://www.aaro.mil/Portals/136/PDFs/AARO_Historical_Record_Report_Volume_1_2024.pdf ) OK, seems legit... For extracts of Part 2 (Executive Summary) ... see my next post..
  11. psyche101

You talking belief? What a joke!!!!! There's an entire world outside Alabama.
  12. psyche101

First point. Your terminology betrays your poor sources. Mega phara or big pharma or pr whatever you want to call them are without doubt at the leading edge of technology. Yes, you would indeed trust them over that liar Trump or the inexperienced conspiracy laden GOP. Again, following a political trail on a medical issue is a fools errand. Second point. No trials? BS. 199 candidates in clinical development plus 180 vaccine candidates in clinical trials plus 50 vaccine candidates in phase iii clinical trials and 11 candidates in phase four post licensure surveillance says your wrong Google the numbers. And before that, research on it actually began in the early 1990s, and two diseases that are very close to COVID—SARS in 2003, and MERS helped bring the mRNA vaccine development to present day use. No. You're not using the term correctly. Not even close. You have perpetuated political misinformation. Overlapping. Explain exactly where the issue lies here. Why do you maintain there is reason for concern? It's a well known technology. Although they were overlapping, not in parallel, explain the advantages of putting the tests in series. No. It's a myth. And created both out of ignorance and political handballing. MYTH: The COVID vaccines were not rigorously tested, which is why they have only emergency authorization approval and not full Food and Drug Administration approval. (Update: Pfizer’s vaccine received full FDA approval on August 19) FACT: “Vaccine developers didn’t skip any testing steps, but conducted some of the steps on an overlapping schedule to gather data faster.”—Johns Hopkins Medicine Assoumou: This is the most common question I get asked. I think there is a perception that things moved very fast, but we want to underscore that the technology being used now was being studied for a decade. The main difference between emergency use versus full FDA approval is that you need two months of monitoring rather than six months. When you look at the history of vaccines, if patients were to develop side effects, these occurred within two months. We are now over six months into our experience with these vaccines. We have not seen anything that would make us believe that the risks outweigh the benefits. And vaccines have saved so many lives. Hamer: The development was more rapid than many other vaccines. But it used the same process of phase one and phase two trials following appropriate safety measures. Stage three trials were large-scale trials done rigorously with very clear outcome definitions. The safety measures and approaches taken are standard for clinical trials. They just did it more rapidly than usual. The full process review is ongoing and we are already hearing that Pfizer will have full FDA authorization by September and Moderna soon after. https://www.bu.edu/articles/2021/myths-vs-facts-covid-19-vaccine/ Then why don't you take your time to read them properly and understand why they were not rushed, where an ignorant layman led by political narratives might think otherwise. That is what the articles try to achieve is it not? You don't know what phase is alleged rushed do you? You don't really know if it was paperwork or specific tests that were allegedly rushed so you? You're regurgitating a narrative. There's a reason that the professionals say it wasn't rushed. There's also a reason politicians are saying it was. The facts are there is over a decade of work behind the vaccine and four phases of trials. Because the information that illustrates no corners were cut come from the medical field. Again, you keep involving politics. It's where you go wrong here. It doesn't matter what Biden or Trump say anymore than it matters what that raving loon RFK says. It's not their field. No. Red tape is not testing. It's not technically involved. It has no bearing on medical applications. It's a guideline to follow. People's general ignorance of mRNA technology is the only hurdle. Yes. Would you let people freeze because of some bylaw that can't fit the current situation? If trials were completed why would you make people suffer. Silenced my backside. There's hundreds of links to that claim rendering the claim ineffective. This is from 2020 Earlier, Republican U.S. Representative Brad Wenstrup, a physician and Trump supporter, dismissed those concerns in a call with reporters, saying the U.S. Food and Drug Administration would ensure any new vaccine was safe. "We believe the FDA is not going to approve something that isn’t safe and effective," Wenstrup said. https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2671R8/ A trump supporter flip flipped is what actually happened. His actual complaint is that it would have pushed the Biden administration to cut corners, inadvertently admitting that is what is currently the situation he wished to challenge. Then he is saying that it was mandated too quickly to military. For what? Is he saying it's a money making exercise? Because we both know that's a dumb angle. The money was coming no matter what. The companies involved knew they faced a global situation and the return would be global. Again. Politicians know nothing about vaccine testing is making. You might as well quote a sanitation worker. And yet their superiors, the most experienced, were in unison with the majority of the profession. And that was the case. The majority of the medical profession, GPs to brain surgeons agreed it was the best option. People in the medical profession who wondered only let themselves down. They had more opportunity than you or I to get things from a horses mouth. Ask them why didn't they do that instead of fear mongering. If be interested in what an answer is. Breakaway groups like the frontline doctors took a political stance and spread doubt and misinformation. Every single one of them should now have their licences removed for the harm they caused. I see Simone Gold only got sixty days jail. She should have been charged with multiple counts of manslaughter for every person she and her group of liars led to their death. Yeah, we've been over this in the lab leak BS. Thank your idiot president Trump. His Chyna virus crap really p***ed off xi. Quite frankly it's amazing the orange idiot didn't start a war with his dumb mouth. Quite frankly it could have been much worse. I got some interesting stories too. Doesn't make them true. I'm not one to place importance on gossip. Still apples and oranges Nobody in government fits in a lab anymore than a doctor fits in the presidents chair. Two completely different things. We have established that you wouldn't see a politician about a medical issue. Of course not, you're not silly, so what exactly is the point of continually returning to what politicians say about the vaccine? Can you name any who actually worked on it? Well you should switch doctors because that's not good advice. Feel free to tell him I said so. My doctor is a very polite fellow and would say his advice isn't sound. It's not just you. It's everyone around you too. Another place people go wrong with vaccine fear. A poor choice and a stupid one New Zealand is living proof. Lowest death count per capita. Lowest infection rates. Best results in the world. Because their government had a set and did what needed to be done. So many people in the states means many wayward crazies as well. Your government buckled and caved under that pressure. It's a weak move. Something to be ashamed, not proud of. People died because your leaders were weak. Yes. My bad I got carried away. Sorry about that. You know it was the prime measure for the 1918 Spanish flu? And it worked? And that event has been documented extensively? It's been in practice since mediaeval times. It's how STDs, the black plague and other major pandemics were handled. Sailors in the 14th century sat in quarantine. History in a Crisis — Lessons for Covid-19 Without too much trouble, here is one such link. https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.0611071104 Yet it's politicians questioning the testing process while doctors are saying they are wrong. I will always trust my chief medical officer over your politicians. Remember this is a global pandemic. We all had a dog in this race, yours was Pfizer, ours Astra Zenica. This is mRNA technology. It's not a bunch of witches boiling bane and bats wings. The science is actually very interesting. If you do understand it, what aspect of the vaccine do you feel could offer long term effects knowing how the vaccine targets the virus and lifespan of the vaccine in your body? They were!!! That's what anti vaxers were calling hidden vaccine side effects!! What you have listed comprised what conspiracy theory clowns were trying to say was a death sentence over two years ago! What was it? 112 side effects listed publically as possible adverse reactions I think. There's plenty of threads on it right here. Testing was thorough. There's no good reason at all to think one will be crippled in years to come. That's a actually ludicrous if you know anything about how the vaccine works Four phases of trials were completed. What are you saying was actually limited? It's reckless and helps nobody to fear monger ignorance either. That accomplishes less than nothing as it sets a path backwards. If one doesn't know, either learn it or shut it I reckon. I didn't set out to prove anything. You are the one talking about hypothetical changing social landscapes. I'm just chiming in. Considering current trends, big families aren't going out but religion is. It's as likely there won't be a tipping point to set religion back into the positive as opposed to the negative trend being set. Big families will continue if religion doesn't. That will set the trend into more leaving religion as current trends indicate. I think there would have to be some defining event, like that portrayed in three body problem to make religion attractive enough to revitalise numbers and set the trend back to positive.
  13. I did mention a possible Sea People connection, yes.
  14. I think we do. @skyeagle409 has a excellent catalog of evidence
  15. Essan

80's One Hit Wonders

Obviously an American list since a lot of them were far from being one hit wonders - Madness had over a dozen top 10 hit singles (albeit only on No.1 - House of Fun) A few I hadn't heard of because they weren't even no hit wonders in the UK .....
  16. Interesting opinion piece on the Iranian regime and its ambitions to dominate the Middle East, overthrow Western-style democracy, wipe out Israel, and impose Shia Islam on the world. Iran's main goal: Destroy the world as we know it, impose Shia Islam globally The massive armada of some 330 drones, ballistic, and cruise missiles, launched by Iran toward Israel in the early hours of April 14, marked a sea-change in the anti-Israel approach the Iranian regime has pursued since its foundation in 1979. Its anti-Israel policy was embedded in the broad strategy known originally as the Shia Crescent, and later – when Sunni Hamas was embraced as an effective ally – as the Axis of Resistance, and now dubbed the Ring of Fire. The objective has been to acquire as much power and influence as possible across the Middle East in pursuit of its aim to become dominant, both politically and spiritually, in the region. https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-798405
  17. Hamas kills aid workers to manufacture Gaza food crisis, Fatah charges The Palestinian political faction Fatah charged on air that Hamas had deliberately killed aid workers, stolen aid and manufactured a food crisis in Gaza, according to a Palestinian Media Watch (PMW) investigation published on Sunday. A Fatah TV anchor reported that Hamas had attacked aid workers, stolen food and water and caused food prices to skyrocket in the Gaza Strip – which PMW said constituted a triple crime. https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-798185
  18. Today
  19. Sorry. I seem to be in some type cognitive decline the last year or so getting that doesn't mix well with my OCD nerves issues, anyway point is I missed your point, I worked in a sanitaria botanica, Yes! Many things that are used in "magic" sure do have a base in actual science, I just happen to be making a concoction of lavender, rosemary , etc for a weird minor skin rash I have on a few fingers, not just sage but many herbs have antibacterial antiviral etc priorities so of course perhaps back before humans knew about bacteria they were using "cleansing" herbs that helped with stuff so it was hailed as "magic" In fact I'm delighted that science is looking at natural remedies a bit more and not dismissing it as folk magic. Edit to add Let's take lavender since it's well known, it does have a calming effect on some people, in my 20s when I first got drdp and panic I used herbs then let a Dr talk me into benzos that bout killed me ,I don't drink. Smoke or take drugs but I do use herbs.
  20. I just check- Phobos was a prison for an eldricht abomination and Deimos was an Ice Warrior sleeper ship.
  21. There was no point. Just your take on the numbers. Did. Just not in so many words.
  22. the13bats

Why Do Women Like Men With Dad Bods?

I'm tired, very bad day night drained so will wax here a bit, being a comfortable straight guy I never paid much attention to mens builds , I was thinking about the OP question thread title, it would seem when I think back over forty years the happiest couples I saw knew were people who weren't all cut fit but rather average to a bit out of shape, i knew guys who wanted arm candy andcwere never happy and seems the girls who wanted cut fit guys weren't actually happy in the relationship, Perhaps girls who like less fit guys are actually attracted to how the guy treats them so a cut body isn't a priority.
  23. pellinore

Stopping Illegal immigrants

A different solution has been suggested:
  24. Her understanding of the issue has evolved? It smacks more of a case of one step forward, two steps back.
  25. The following opinion articles offer some perspectives on what's going on at US campuses and how Jews should perhaps respond. The events at Columbia University show Jews can only count on themselves It feels like the 1930s because it has once again become normal and even trendy to be antisemitic. The words of fear that are coming out of Diaspora Jewish communities are likely what we would have heard in Germany when the Nazis were coming into power. https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-798508 It might be time to start our own Jewish Ivy League The wave of hostility toward Israel and Jews that swept across elite colleges after the October 7 Hamas attacks isn't a passing storm; it's a full-on hurricane. Jewish families are pulling their kids out of the Ivies faster than you can say, "Free Palestine." They're opting for safety over prestige because who wants their kid to end up in a place where it's safer to be a TikTok troll than a Jewish student? https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-798574
  26. NHC tracking disturbance as hurricane season approaches | WFLA The National Hurricane Center identified an area of low pressure in the Atlantic on Wednesday. This comes just after meteorologists predicted an “extremely active” hurricane season, which officially begins on June 1. “I don’t think we’ll end up seeing our first system, but we’re letting you know we’re watching it out there, and the season is just around the corner,” Max Defender 8 Meteorologist Rebecca Barry said.
  1. Load more activity