Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. After struggling to bond with members of their own flock, a matte black cockatoo and bright green lorikeet have become unexpected friends. Greg Iron, director of Bonorong wildlife sanctuary in Tasmania, described their relationship as being “love at first sight” for Raphael, a musk lorikeet who was previously kept without a permit. “He’s just obsessed,” he said, adding that George, the much bigger red-tailed black cockatoo was “probably a bit bewildered” at first. “The second Raphael was in the enclosure … it was like ‘you’re the one’,” he said. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/apr/19/musk-lorikeet-red-tailed-black-cockatoo-friendship-bonorong-wildlife-sanctuary-raphael-george
  3. Want to bet on that, I know someone who is as wrong on anything to do with Ancient Egypt as it is possible to believe, in fact it's almost impossible to believe that anybody could be so wrong, but cladking, you exceed all expectations. And what happened to the Coffin Texts, and how can the PT look like any version of the BoD when the PT are without illustrations, and the BoD are littered with vignettes. Even on what the text says, the PT do not look like the BoD as the BoD are an evolution of the PT transmitted through the CT. Of course there are parts that have remained the same, or almost, but you used the word "exactly", and this is not splitting hairs.
  4. Abramelin

Atlanteans

Zod, this was an example of your sarcasm, right?
  5. Abramelin

Atlanteans

I'm going to save this one.
  6. A Florida man was stunned to come back from a European trip and – upon checking his phone bill – realize that he had been charged a staggering $143,000 by his phone company for using his device while overseas. ABC Action News reported that Rene Remund and his wife had toured Switzerland last September and had even gone to a T-Mobile store to share his travel plan with his phone provider before leaving. But the gigantic bill apparently reflected using some 9.5 gigabytes of data while overseas on a phone that had not been set up for international roaming. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/18/143000-t-mobile-bill
  7. I will comment on your last quoted part. I've not a lot of interest in historical hauntings from ancient Greece or wherever. There is enough evidence from today from myself, experiencers and investigators for me to believe it is genuine phenomena beyond reasonable doubt. My real interest then becomes what does this tell us about reality.
  8. How did I not understand? You said the people were going to be asked whether or not they felt as if they were being watched, was that before or after the experiment started? Honestly it doesn’t matter. The suggestion could also have been implanted after the test. The fact that they were told at all negates any possible scientific value.
  9. You don't understand the experiment he is talking about. The feeling of being stared from behind is well known all over the world, and most people claim to have experienced it themselves. There have been surprisingly few empirical investigations of this phenomenon. I describe a simple experimental procedure with subjects and lookers working in pairs. In a random sequence of trials, the looker either looked at the back of the subject, or looked away and thought of something else. Such experiments showed a very significant excess of correct over incorrect guesses. When subjects were being looked at, they guessed correctly about 60% of the time, whereas in control trials, when they were not being looked at, their guesses were close to the chance level of 50%.
  10. So you’re going to pretend my post was incomprehensible in order to justify you running and hiding for days? I’m sorry if multiple paragraphs at a time are too much for you to process and understand. That doesn’t reflect well on your self professed alleged abilities to read and understand scientific papers. I DID just challenge you. Several days ago, after you implied I was biased, I noticed you had no response, you simply slunk away and hid after insulting me. Since by your own admission you are apparently unable to comprehend answers made up of too many paragraphs, I will amend my original response to make it a more manageable level for you. Let me actually lay it out for you YET AGAIN Sounds like a specific challenge to me.
  11. Renovating a kitchen can be expensive but a couple from Dorset have found it to be a lucrative exercise after they discovered more than 1,000 17th-century coins hidden under the floor. Betty and Robert Fooks were removing the kitchen’s concrete floor to create more ceiling height at their farmhouse in Dorset when Robert, an agricultural engineer, discovered a smashed glazed pottery bowl full of 400-year-old coins. The couple reported it to the local finds liaison officer and it was sent to the British Museum for cleaning and identification. The coins, known as the Poorton hoard, are coming up for sale at Duke’s auctioneers in Dorchester, Dorset, and are expected to fetch about £35,000. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/18/dorset-couple-find-17th-century-treasure-hoard-while-renovating-kitchen
  12. LightAngel

The importance of nature in your life

Priceless. 😄
  13. Then they weren’t “controlled” to begin with because the suggestion of possibly being watched was put into their heads before this alleged experiment even began. What you’ve just provided (assuming your vague example even happened) perfectly illustrates a textbook example of the power of suggestion.
  14. Respond to that lengthy run-on mess? How? Give me one precise question or challenge right here and your wait will be over.
  15. Almost tempting but I don't know if I could renounce my family or guitar.
  16. Now I'm sure there are complicated psychological reasons for this sense, but I recall controlled scientific studies that seem to show people have an actual psychic ability to know they are being stared at. The gist of the experiments that show this is to ask people if they feel they are being watched and then to have and remove watchers. The experiment indicated people knew they were being watched more than chance would predict. The Sense of Being Stared At Excerpt: The significant positive scores in my experiments confirm that the feeling is a real phenomenon that depends on factors as yet unknown to science. Non-human animals likely also share this kind of sensitivity, giving new significance to the evolution of predator/prey relations, mating, and social systems. Now as an ability one can clearly see the selective evolutionary advantage of such psychic abilities.
  17. A new ancient species of snake dubbed Vasuki Indicus, which lived around 47 million years ago in the state of Gujarat in India, may have been one of the largest snakes to have ever lived, suggests new research published in Scientific Reports. The new species, which reached an estimated length of between 11 and 15 meters, was part of the now extinct madtsoiidae snake family, but represented a distinct lineage that originated in India. The new species is named Vasuki Indicus after the mythical snake round the neck of the Hindu deity Shiva and in reference to its country of discovery, India. The authors describe 27 mostly well-preserved vertebra, some of which are articulated, which appear to be from a fully-grown animal. https://phys.org/news/2024-04-discovery-ancient-giant-snake-india.html
  18. Tom1200

Atlanteans

Cataclysmic isostatic geomungus uplift of sedimentatised eigenharmonious geosynchronous-but-static quasiplausible continents transferred this canal (and many others like it) to Mars. My evidence? Long words.
  19. Today
  20. Bhavesh Bhandari and his wife have built their wealth in the lucrative construction business, amassing an enviable fortune of over Rs 200 crore ($24 million). Like most other millionaires, they have enjoyed a life of luxury complete with opulent houses, expensive cars, and pretty much anything else their hearts desired. But the two recently decided to give it all up in order to become Jain ascetic monks, inspired by their two children – a 16-year-old son and a 19-year-old daughter – who adopted the same path in 2022. On April 22, the Gujarat power couple will renounce all worldly possessions, sever ties with their families, and embark on a barefoot journey across India, surviving only on alms. https://www.odditycentral.com/news/indian-couple-donate-24-million-forune-to-charity-to-adopt-monkhood.html
  21. I wonder what else it could have been... beside an alien spaceship?
  22. And self care isn't the best idea. 200-300 years ago there was hardly any mentally ill people? He missed the Wars of Religion, the French Revolution and a big mess in Africa, Eastern Europe and on the Steppe.
  23. The "stick" has almost completely vanished today so it must have been very faint in 1837. Perring didn't notice it. Rowe didn't draw the bottom end of the stick in 1931 even if we can see it on the picture from 2024. Mistakes happens - rational and logical.
  24. We should be working towards no trade barriers with anyone at all. As has been pointed out to you before liberalised markets are self-regulating and self-correcting. So if an industry is lost, inflation drops, wages drop, and that attracts investment to setup a new business to replace it. We remove all trade barriers to cause a decent chunk of our organisations to go out of business. Those are the ones who cannot compete without trade barriers. The new organisations that replace it to take advantage of the lower inflation and wages while pushing them back in, need to have a competitive advantage to cope with no trade barriers. So, overtime, we drift to an economy based on organisations with a comparative advantage, technological advantage, resource advantage, or expert knowledge advantage. It builds a world beating economy. Its called accumulating those businesses which are good at what they do, and getting rid of the rest to be left with only the cream of the crop. The EU does not do that, it does it amongst its member states, but imposes trade barriers at the border of the block.
  25. What happens to mice that do have functioning immune systems? How many mice were involved in the experiment? The abstract does not say. How many mice died? From cancer? How many died after the 90 day experiment? The abstract does not say.
  1. Load more activity