Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I know that US immigration enforcement agencies are no longer using the term, and can understand why its offensive and disparaging, but this situation was handled extremely badly by the school. To the teen's point, the term has been, and is still being used. His teacher missed a good opportunity to educate. Choosing to instead escalate the matter was an unnecessary overreaction.
  3. irn skeptic I too first read this case as a credious kid but learned a bit as time passed, I can put a few more hole in the case, anyone who has welded, not brazing know that welding shield glass will block the sun meaning "welding goggles" would be a rotten terrible choice for eye protection when playing geologist, you couldnt see your find, The glove had it melted or burned wouldn't have allowed his fingers injured. My grandmother raised me and she had a collection of mismatched trays, dishes etc she broght with her one tray would have matched what ever grid was used as a template to make the burns, and if we are talking interstellar craft would it really have such an arcanic propulsion system? He didn't say aliens though yet described it just like craft from movies etc of the era, he jumped the look at me bandwagon and of course had ufo resechers involved. Idk what happened but I sure am not the credious kid thinking it was aliens.
  4. According to Reduxx reporter Anna Slatz, "Blaire Fleming, born Brayden, is currently playing women’s Division I volleyball for San Jose State University." Fleming competes on the university's indoor volleyball team in the fall, as well as its beach volleyball team in the spring. Fleming wears #3 on the women's team. All those records should be taken away from him. According to Fleming's official bio on the San Jose State athletics website, the player stands 6'1" tall and is a redshirt junior. Fleming previously played at Coastal Carolina University, on the women's team, but left after one year. That one year was the 2020-21 season. South Carolina lawmakers introduced a bill in 2021 to ban transgender women (biological males) from women's sports. The bill eventually passed in 2022. But Fleming had left for the California-based university prior to the start of the 2021-22 season. The SJSU bio also says that Fleming graduated from John Champe High School in Virginia in 2020, where Fleming competed on the girls' volleyball team. Fleming also played on the Virginia Juniors girls' club team. It goes on to laud Fleming for helping the high school team win a school-record 19 matches and setting the school record with 30 kills in a match while also setting the school's single-season record with 266 kills.
  5. Don't know about y'all, but it seems crazier than a shoeshine in a shitstorm that ostriches didn't exist before the 5th Dynasty. Harte
  6. I'd argue there is no such thing as "comfortably racist". But that's not really the point of the thread, and I appreciate the point of view you put forward, even if I don't agree with it. Thanks for the chat, it has been productive
  7. Started here. Chapter XIII - The Innocents Abroad - Mark Twain, Book, etext (telelib.com) Harte
  8. It's like the guy just used the term "druid" because he felt like it. Reminds me of Twain calling all his different hired guides "Ferguson": in "The Innocents Abroad." Harte
  9. In an email to the Carolina Journal, Leah McGhee described an incident in Central Davidson High School in Lexington where her 16-year-old son was suspended for three days last week over the term. According to McGhee, an English teacher was giving an assignment that involved using vocabulary words such as the word "alien." In response, her son asked if the teacher meant "like space aliens or illegal aliens without green cards?" Another student allegedly took offense to the term and threatened to fight McGhee’s son, forcing the teacher to contact the assistant principal. The staff later deemed the term to be offensive to Hispanic students and punished him. "Because of his question, our son was disciplined and given THREE days OUT of school suspension for ‘racism,’" McGhee wrote to the Carolina Journal. "He is devastated and concerned that the racism label on his school record will harm his future goal of receiving a track scholarship. We are concerned that he will fall behind in his classes due to being absent for three consecutive days." She also stated that the school has so far refused to remove the suspension from her son’s record and that her family has already begun working with an attorney. In response to the suspension, McGhee’s son told the Carolina Journal, "I didn’t make a statement directed towards anyone; I asked a question. I wasn’t speaking of Hispanics because everyone from other countries needs green cards, and the term ‘illegal alien’ is an actual term that I hear on the news and can find in the dictionary." https://www.foxnews.com/media/north-carolina-high-school-student-suspended-using-term-illegal-alien-report
  10. Hi Cookie Well I guess you just can't put your money where your mouth is then
  11. Duke Wellington

50,000 Russian soldiers confirmed dead in Ukraine

Alternatively, I`m just ignoring you due to your track record in the Ukraine debates. Nite, nite!
  12. 2 comments. 1. the video sucked. Don't they have professionals in the military that can film better than that? Awful. It looked like a glob of seaweed over a swamp. 2. It looks like Jeremy Corbell is the go-to guy for leaked military videos.
  13. Hi Cookie So your numbers are bs, gave you a chance once ahain for no apperant rrason
  14. The blue one was whippet cross staghound and the white one, whippet cross greyhound. I still have the white one Tilly. I did pest control on rabbits with them in Oz.
  15. Baby sharks gather in 'nurseries' close to the shore
  16. The suspicion would fall on the winner in Trump's case. And not just because of his whining about it, but because some of his whining wasn't wrong. Not a good thing even if there was no fiddling with the vote. Very bad thing, in fact. The kind of thing that might make you wear a buffalo horned hat. LOL Harte
  17. Excellent coverage. much better than the OP, thanks
  18. That would be the first thing I would think of if I believed in an afterlife. But since I don't, it's not a concern. Yes I get that, but how exactly do they think they will be reunited? Definitely not in their original forms. Some kind of invisible, barely detectable form of energy? What kind of a reunion would that be? It's not my intent to upset people here or challenge their beliefs/hopes in any way as I understand that losing a loved one is difficult. It's just that for me personally, not having such beliefs or hopes makes accepting loss much easier.
  19. Kenemet

Atlanteans

(Noooooooooooo!!!!!! (sob) Not another "alternate time" topic!!!!! (sob) Try it, and we gonna whap ya with a bundle of stale fish sticks!!!!
  20. With RFK, you don't know if it's a joke or an actual intention.
  21. Yeah, that's the ticket. Harte ETA: Lovitz. Yeah, I said Lovitz. That's the ticket...
  22. He said there was a "druid civilization." This isn't possible. A civilization is a large collective of humans who build and live in cities and who have a distinct culture, practice farming, have a society with different classes, have a distinct technology, and many specialized jobs (much as I hate to cite Quora, this is a good answer: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-society-culture-and-civilization#:~:text=What is the difference between civilizations and societies%3F,classes of individuals) within it.) Druids were highly specialized individuals within the Celtic culture (the Celts weren't really a civilization.) They didn't build druid-only cities, or have jobs that included "potato farmer" and "chicken rancher" and "sex worker" and "mayor" and "policeman."
  23. Cape May Beach has ordinance issues too. Some still undiscovered. @Doc Socks Junior When we were installing the sea level gauges I was making jokes about hitting a bomb with the auger.
  24. Just read this this morning. I'd like to add that hominids also didn't evolve to fill a niche. Their evolution was strictly environmentally driven which would mean more species because we were entering environments where we didn't belong.
  25. Of course they are, and the Pentagon has admitted that in recent years, *finally*. I've been preaching that for a long time. You have some bogie fly into American airspace and US military can't do a darn thing about it, then *that* - is a potentially grave danger to American sovereignty. I believe that the US military learned much about threats of UFO's in 1943, Battle of LA. That airship was completely impervious to every ordinant that the US Army threw at it.
  1. Load more activity