Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. We don't have interesting ones here damn it Adelaide Museum needs a makeover it's doesn't change. Maritime one is ok. Whale Museum hasn't changed in over 20 years.
  3. Keep hands and arms inside the vehicle during charging to avoid electrocution hazard! The article below goes into greater detail (some what) on what looks to me like SOI technology. Still wondering how to get that charge rate without letting out the magic smoke. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5083367/Fisker-patent-solid-state-battery-charges-MINUTE.html
  4. Cincinnati Ohio, but it's basically in Kentucky. I live in Lexington, so it's just a little over an hour's drive. I tell ya man, that place is beyond bonkers. They literally have manikins of people riding on dinosaurs.
  5. The problem with tech companies is they sometimes have ulterior motives. Bias towards certain manufacturers or websites. Gathering information for ad targeting or worse. And they are politically biased to the Left. Which is a bit scary as well. I believe AI in controlled circumstances is a valuable tool. Yeah! I'm living for the day I own a Robot that I can program to scratch my back exactly where it itches! Give it a couple generations. Humans generally like to be guided even if they claim they don't. Enough will drink the coolaid. No doubt! Every sanctuary in America at least...regardless of denomination...has at least one big screen up on the wall. And many have Worship Leaders, music etc. who are almost robotic already. Please stand. You may sit down. Please stand as we rejoice! ...and on and on and on.... I can see where Robots could replace all these guys...even the preachers. With an infinite number of combinations of sermons to draw from...all programmed to say the right thing at the right time to extract the maximum number of dollars from a given congregation. WoW! I just convinced myself of the future of religion in at least America!! More frightening really than weaponized Robots...which..btw...thanks for the link>
  6. I had a full on fully functional Darth Vader costume for Halloween one year. Forget what grade I was in...
  7. Oh, man, we joke about it all the time. What state is that in? I've met visitors who's been there but no one I know on the museum staff has. Most of us would like to go there but are afraid we'd get in trouble for chuckling and heckling.
  8. Vader kid is awesome
  9. Be Loose Use Soft Hues LOOSE
  10. I'm not a big fan of commercials, but the photo from above comes from this one, which is quite possibly the cutest commercial mankind ever made:
  11. The closest 'major' museum near me is that BS Creation Museum by Ken Ham. Would love to know what you think of that place.
  12. See? Even as a little boy Darth Vader took his training seriously:
  13. wait! what? you're saying you don't know either?
  14. That is just so damn cute!
  15. You'd think, but I've been working there for fifteen years and Black Friday is always packed. It helps that this museum is one of the largest in the world, so it's a great family activity for everyone coming in to see relatives. And it also helps that some of Chicago's ritziest shopping is within walking distance. A long walk, but it's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, so a lot of people will be out. We've had a miserable fall.
  16. May I politely say that Chris Spears has a different take from CBS News in Denver?
  17. I am playing devils advocate here, we both know there will be flaws, all software is flawed. Even ours Look at the internet, it wasn't really intended to turn out like this either. If you set a child in front of the television for 20 years and never told it how humans should treat each other what kind of person would they be? When dealing with a blank slate it's best to write a few suggestions at the top or expect there to be therapy bills later. The problem with tech companies is they sometimes have ulterior motives. Bias towards certain manufacturers or websites. Gathering information for ad targeting or worse. This seems to be getting more blatant in my opinion. Intelligence (real or simulated) does not guarantee free will. As far as being truly artificial I think this is impossible to achieve. Some part of the creator always shows up in the creation. Part ego part accident. If you are interested in my thoughts on weaponization of ai they are posted at length in the slaughterbots thread. I don't believe its a good idea but I also don't believe it can be stopped. I have to agree, these are interesting times. I believe AI in controlled circumstances is a valuable tool. I just don't think we humans have the capacity to not screw it up. Lately I wonder if whatever caused us to come into being had similar discussions? Just because you could doesn't mean you should. Give it a couple generations. Humans generally like to be guided even if they claim they don't. Enough will drink the coolaid.
  18. Lol Crystal who just got married does, she'll see it opening weekend. I don't mind the movies.
  19. A museum with Black Friday crowds? I thought it was almost exclusively for retail stores and such.
  20. Yeah, if you don't like store crowds you must not like theater crowds, especially on the opening day of a film like Star Wars. I just wait for them to stream. You should come to our museum tomorrow. Black Friday is one of the busiest days of the year. I actually look forward to it becuse it's the one place I enjoy crowds. And it will be crowded.
  21. I see youre back online now...so kindly respond
  22. I gots Star Wars on the brain. Can't wait for the new one, yet I realistically won't see it till long after it's release.
  23. Yeah, no kidding...
  24. I don't like crowds it affects my Anxiety. Plus way too many trashy people around
  1. Load more activity