Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. that last bit, if stupidity were a choice then surely it would be an immoral one lacking empathy for a society that has to support you. I dont think stupidity is a choice... Perhaps ignorance, willful ignorance of key issues facing society could be seen as immoral.
  3. The polls during the election were intentionally deceptive. I watched them being called out week after week and shown exactly why they were wrong it was right in the fine print. They were way over sampling democrats
  4. Update on the playoffs: I'm getting crushed by Myles Championship Bracket 69.86 223.71 Rocky Mountain High 8-5-0 | 2nd 94.20 184.98 Sweetpumper 7-6-0 | 3rd 153.33 214.90 Toroballistic 6-7-0 | 5th 101.51 250.39 The Jacobites 10-3-0 | 1st Consolation Bracket 60.04 184.25 Brooklyn Maulers 7-6-0 | 4th 161.98 260.77 Myles 5-8-0 | 6th 63.89 141.10 Wentzylvania 2017! 4-9-0 | 8th Bye 101.33 243.01 Game of Bones 5-8-0 | 7th Bye
  5. aren't windows dangerous on space crafts because they block none of the radiation from space...
  6. Is it true them cooks on master chef are doin the grub cause that menu look a bit posh specially them chip n bread wiv an egg
  7. I've got the Top Gear special episode on DVD where the lads go to the Atacama.
  8. So being set into a life of manual labor would be preferable to you? Or do you simply not wish to work and want to be free to do whatever you like, whether it is of use or benefit to society?
  9. Doesn't effect the Enterprise. It seems like some people on here are incapable of understanding the concept of "advancement of technology".
  10. ‘We feel like our system was hijacked’: DEA agents say a huge opioid case ended in a whimper After two years of painstaking investigation, David Schiller and the rest of the Drug Enforcement Administration team he supervised were ready to move on the biggest opioid distribution case in U.S. history. The team, based out of the DEA’s Denver field division, had been examining the operations of the nation’s largest drug company, McKesson Corp. By 2014, investigators said they could show that the company had failed to report suspicious orders involving millions of highly addictive painkillers sent to drugstores from Sacramento, Calif., to Lakeland, Fla. Some of those went to corrupt pharmacies that supplied drug rings. The investigators were ready to come down hard on the fifth-largest public corporation in America, according to a joint investigation by The Washington Post and “60 Minutes.” Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/mckesson-dea-opioids-fine/2017/12/14/ab50ad0e-db5b-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.116846e7caa7
  11. Strangely it used to be the other way around for me. Clinical depression meant that listening to that inner voice would have been fatal, I constantly fought it. In your case it does sound like self sabotage, having seen many people do similar. CBT can sometimes work but you need to find someone good at it to work with, and that's a rare thing :(. From my perspective you are describing the eternal battle between the conscious and subconscious mind. While they are one they are also very separate and interact causing physical change to brain wiring. I believe the interplay between the two is the 'You', the decision machine as it were. Just keep on trying as you yourself say .
  12. Ha ha ha ha, it is getting mushy in here.
  13. Okay, 'nother group hug.
  14. Uh huh...and I'm sure you'd make precisely the same argument if it was Trump who did this. Cough, HACK, cough...
  15. You owe Nada, I am honored to be your friend, I earned it. And to see you happy is beautiful. And, TC is just an angel, she is! And Hammer IMHO is very close to his authentic self, he is working on himself. His saltiness is really more about him, he is to hard on himself when he falters or stumbles, he is practicing empathy and compassion on himself and doing a splendid job. He is a good egg. You sir are a job well done, you are who you were meant to be and I can see the change in you. You are an inspiration, you did the work and fast! And, when you slip we will be here for you.
  16. Its also where the vast majority of Diplomatic Missions have their Embassies.
  17. It's not surprising to see that evidence-based and science-based are no-nos now. In a climate where the current administration is waging an assault on reality, you don't want those things interfering.
  18. Yep, I owe my change to two beautiful and wonderful ladies here on UM. And I had the occasional kick in the butt from this cranky old man.
  19. I'm sure it has to do with abortion in some way. They'd probably much rather refer to them as unborn babies.
  20. XenoFish

I don't know if it's the weather or what, but I am sleepy.:sleepy:

1. tcgram

tcgram

It's cloudy and rainy here, always makes me sleepy.

2. XenoFish

XenoFish

Plus it's cold too. Guess I'm late for hibernation.

21. Nor does a high emotional intelligence suggest a healthy leveled of empathy...e.g. Your average psycopath.
  22. X. I was once angry too and not very nice! I had some posters that called my butt out and some that saw through it, extended compassion and gently guided me to my potential. Thank goodness for kind people, huh! Thank god for *******s, really, somewhere someone needed to be called out by one. It is just when that is all one becomes it signifies something deeper. We need each other, like it or not.
  23. Morality is not a mark of intelligence, empathy and intelligence are not bonded. Emotional intelligence is a thing of an in itself and it is also not on pace with iq.
  24. I don't think there is any significant difference between the morality of people with higher IQs vs. lower. Now...should smarter people know better? Should they bear more responsibility when they act in an immoral way? Maybe.
  25. I like reading the orgins of Native American legends or Mythology I think outside of the Americas it' not even talked of or known to the outside world. Is there any books out there. I know about Mayan and Aztecs. And thier downfall but not thier Mythology, legends or gods
  1. Load more activity