Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I agree with this. Said it in my last sentence in the opening page. We can aim for what is thought to be 'impossible' but I don't think the idea put forward by Musk is realistic and I agree with Pr Rees it could give the wrong impressions.
  3. simplybill

I've tricked myself into a schizo belief tonight

You may be experiencing this: “Floating particles in your eyes are actually dust particles that accumulate in the eyes. This is not an uncommon or unnatural event anymore, with an increase in the dust and pollution around us.” https://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/askquestion/43998/floating-particles-in-eye-how-do-i-get-rid-of-floa.html
  4. I would argue that advancing the field of space exploration and solving the climate crisis are not mutually exclusive goals. The technologies developed toward these objectives may even complement one another.
  5. Yeah, I'm going to be schooled on science by a religious fanatic without a source 🙃
  6. Science begs to differ. Calling said person “a clump of cells” falls way short of the amazing complexity that exists in the first stages of life. There is nothing physically that cant be known about them reading their unique DNA.
  7. The UB has info on God. There are many books that have info on God. If one is seeking for God, then referring to info on God that is contained in books isn't a bad place to go. But books aren't the only place where God, if seeking for him, can be found in my opinion. Looking to increase a person's self-control is an experience that no book can contain. But there are definitely all kinds of books where one can read about things that might prompt a person to realize and understand how self-control can be advanced.
  8. @Sherapy Let's think for a moment. A person wakes two hours early. Reads scripture for an hour, prays for another hour. Throughout the day they keep their mind on God or godly things. Then two hours before bed they repeat this process, study, prayer, sleep. So each waking hour their mind is on God. No distraction or at least limited distraction from worldly thing. Over the period of say 100 days. This disciplined daily routine would affect their mindset. Creating for them a habitual religious reality tunnel. No coincidences, just gods will.
  9. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/27/elon-musk-mars-colony-plan-is-dangerous-illusion/ Professor Martin Rees explains he doesn't agree with the idea put forward by Elon Musk to build a city on Mars because there are other priorities, such as solving the climate crisis issue and make conditions better for everyone here on Earth. He argues that trying to find an escape route is not a solution to the many problems humans face and the project seems extremely difficult given the conditions on Mars which is much less hospital than our South Pole here on Earth. I will have to agree with Professor Rees who makes a very strong point on the kind of illusion created when these proposed projects are announced. Some pioneers and scientists could probably live on Mars in some base we could build but the idea we could escape and make Mars hospitable is an illusion. Having said this, I agree with Musk on many other things he says and he does. There is nothing wrong aiming for what is regarded as 'impossible'.
  10. Lucia62

30 Vintage Items from the Boomer Era.

wow thanks for the memories, I had a few of them and have seen most of them. BTW still 😍 Hotwheels
  11. I watched aircraft carriers and battleships come into PNSY and cargo ships come up while parked on the beach at Red Bank, but I can't tell how big a ship can be.
  12. Aren’t we all a cluster of cells? Where do you set the limit? For example, a one-year-old child is far from being independent.
  13. Will, I think you have dropped the ball. The discussion is about self-control versus seeking knowledge about God from books. While self-control can be seen as a smaller concept compared to the vastness of understanding God, certain aspects of self-improvement, such as enhancing self-control, could indeed be found in books or through learning. On the other hand, what LG is pointing out is the nature of understanding God is considered beyond human comprehension and cannot be fully contained in a book or any single source of knowledge contrary to your claims, in other words, your belief and understanding of god based on your posting history is quote mining from the UB, the very thing you advocate against is any kind of book learning, yet, it is your sole source on your god construct.
  14. Looks like whatever it is it's on a mud flat.
  15. Apparently I'm a lot more sane than I give myself credit for.
  16. For a person, yes. For a lump of biological matter with no sentience, not really. Yes, by that logic we should be having sex at the same rate we produce sperm. Are you keeping up or are you killing unborn children?
  17. I am now going to blame everything on invisible goblins
  18. The radicals? A 1.2 trillion dollar budget is radical. No it’s evil. Stabbing your constituents in the back after all the BS promises they made I wish I could say was radical, but unfortunately it’s the norm. They can’t account for a great deal of the trillions they already spent. They pretend to have no idea what happened with all the money they sent to Ukraine. Thats cause a great deal of it was laundered back to the establishment types for campaigns. That bill is treason.
  19. Rocks feel pain, morning, noon and night. Just screaming but we can’t hear them because we don’t want to hear them.
  20. Since industrial hemp has been legalized for a couple years, I am wondering if any members here would have some information that is reputable. I have been searching for news concerning any growth of factory and other employment since hemp can provide many uses and items. And it could decrease importing manufactured goods, it could be made in the U.S. Any links would be helpful to me, Thanking and appreciating in advance.
  21. Today
  22. If you have a problem with God take it up with him. Just don’t try to sell me that Christianity supports abortion. it’s funny how nasty you folks get at the idea folks could be held responsible for their actions. Heck really this whole woke movement is just a massive display of a collective God complex. In some cases it’s as though they think they have power over reality.
  23. Are we all not a cluster of cells? Does not a cluster of cells fall short in description? Do you remember the part in the Bible where it says God knew us before we even got to the womb?
  24. The alternative being a group of fat old priests who made up their church to consolidate power and threw out any passages they didn't personally like? Or in its modern incarnation, the respectable face of child molestors?
  1. Load more activity