Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. And yet he draws some of the gayest looking muscle men on the planet. Equating religious art with homosexuality is a fun exercise I'm sure, could even be projecting a bit. I notice a lot of homosexuals despise and mock religion.
  3. Hey Waspie, good to see you too man. Oh, I don't mean in general. I mean for the people leaving the planet. If you are going to loose your deposit anyway, why bother cleaning up your mess when you leave? It isn't too hard for me to imagine the rich and powerful using their riches and power to make exodus happen, and leave behind the mess it took to get there for the people left behind. This guy right here. He will happily raise a glass of champagne in Elysium, and not spend a moment thinking about the people down on the surface. See, here is where I think things are going to play out differently. Admittedly, I am an isolationist, and I think humanity would do well to limit itself to individual mega-cities around the world, leaving the rest of the planet to nature. So, for me, the idea of an orbital city is not that big a leap anyway other than technologically. Over time, people gradually leave the Earth entirely and live in orbital cities, looking down and their mother planet with pleasant memories, but understanding that they no longer have a place in its system. Now, one of these cities gets parked next to the planet of choice, be it Mars or Venus, and they begin terraforming. After a few generations, they succeed. Will people be willing to live back down on the surface of a planet after having lived together in isolation for so long? I have trouble believing that they will. They have, after all, spent millennia creating their own ecosystem within their mega-cities. What would be the point of going to a surface they created in their own image? So, other than a few thousands who decide to go hermit on the Terran-formed planets, I tend to think the majority of humans are going to go to space, and stay there.
  4. Islamist terror group ISIS has called for "lone wolves" to engage in a Ramadan massacre of Christians and Jews across the US, Europe and Israel. Abu Hudhayfah al-Ansari, spokesperson for the evil extremists also known as Islamic State, sickeningly praised the horrendous Moscow terror attack that killed 140 people in Russia last week. On Thursday, the jihadist took to encrypted messaging app Telegram to call on "lone wolves" to target Christians and Jewish people, especially in US, Europe, and Israel during the holy month of Ramadan. ISIS calls for Ramadan massacre of Christians and Jews by lone wolves across US, Europe and Israel (msn.com)
  5. A judge ruled on Wednesday that the first vice chairman of Georgia’s Republican Party, who’d made public claims about widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election, voted illegally nine times, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Brian K. Pritchard, who hosts a conservative talk show, was accused of illegally voting in Georgia while serving probation after pleading guilty to felony check forgery in Pennsylvania in 1996. Pritchard claimed that he believed his probation had already ended when he registered to vote in Georgia, Georgia GOP Official Who Whined About Stolen Election Voted Illegally Nine Times (msn.com)
  6. Abramelin

Meeting Nicola

@DamienV Today ( and also tomorrow, btw) I had a day off. I searched for many hours looking for a photo that resembled Nicola. I even used AI. But nada.
  7. Not if you are thinking high school and college... But we know enough to have an opinion on what matters here. From Wiki... Skeptoid was a 2009 Podcast Awards finalist in the Education category. In 2010, Skeptoid won the Parsec Award for the "Best Fact Behind the Fiction" podcast. Also in 2010, Skeptoid was recognized for "Outstanding Contribution to Science and Skepticism" by the Independent Investigations Group. So I guess he knows a little bit more about science than most people here! That is pretty far from your claim of his "background being hidden from the public" dont you think?? 😄 Additional information on Dunning would be that he is a science writer (7 books) and a film maker (co writer, director and producer). In 2023 Dunning produced the documentary The UFO Movie THEY Dont Want You to See, that explores the science behind UFOs. Check it out, and let us know what you think.
  8. Thank you for sharing. For me it is case studies incorporating psychology in my work as a caregiver. Case Mgr. evaluating for Caregiver burnout… Scenario: Karen is a 54 year-old woman who is the primary caregiver for her mother who has Vascular Dementia complicated by repercussions from a massive stroke and aphasia. Karen has been taking care of her mother for the past five years, managing her daily needs, medications, and appointments, all while balancing her job and personal life, a marriage and her two teens and a dog. Symptoms: - she has been experiencing increased feelings of stress, exhaustion, and overwhelmed, she micromanages everything. - she struggles to find time for herself as a result and feels guilty whenever she does something for her own well-being. - she has noticed a decline in her own emotional well-being due to the constant demands of caregiving, it presents as reactionary. Analysis: In this case study, is exhibiting signs of caregiver burnout to the point that it has depeleted her caprice for compassion and empathy and coping a common issue among adult children who provide care for loved ones. Suggestions: Exercise, counseling, and a support system and setting boundaries to prioritize her own self-care and journaling her self care. It's crucial for her to recognize the importance of taking care of herself in order to continue providing quality care for her mom.
  9. Saru

Bibical Narrative & 4 Ancient Rulers

@ReadTheGreatControversyEGW - you are venturing into preaching territory again with this, I feel.
  10. No one is accusing MTG of being a conspiracy theorist because of this claim. She was labelled a conspiracy theorists a long time ago thanks to her Jewish space lasers remarks. Cart before the horse here. Conspiracy Theorists do not just innocently ask questions. That would imply they are trying to learn something. When a conspiracy theorist is trying to look innocent, it is because they are implying there is a hidden conspiracy. Look, how long is it going to take the usual loonies to try and tie this in to their favorite political boogieman? This is all PR for these people; they don't actually care about what happened, just about what they can do to get attention from it. Somebody time it and see how long it takes for them to attach Biden's name to it, and claim it is because of his abortion bill, healthcare bill, or border bill.
  11. The laugh emojis tell me your p***ing in the wind... But the whole point is irrelevant anyway. There is no account of a preacher named Jesus Ben Joseph being arrested by the Romans and crucified for that time period. Only a Jesus Ben Ananias being arrested by the Romans and killed with a rock.
  12. The Bible contains some surprising insights about the natural world. What’s interesting is that many of these insights seem to match up with things scientists only discovered much later. From how water behaves to the size of the universe, the Bible mentions these concepts in ways that make you wonder how people knew about them back then. In this list, we’ll explore 19 instances where the Bible appears to have known things before scientists did. 19 Facts and Principles The Bible Knew Before Science Did (msn.com)
  13. On-orbit servicing mission planned for military satellite in 2025 A robotic servicing vehicle will rendezvous with a military satellite and attach an imaging payload Related story:
  14. Vladimir Putin has said that Russian forces will destroy any F-16s delivered to Ukraine from its NATO allies "wherever they are," while at the same time insisting that Moscow had no intention of attacking any country in the alliance. "We will destroy their planes in the same way that we destroy their tanks, armored vehicles, and other equipment, including multiple launch rocket systems," he said, according to a transcript on the Kremlin website. "The F-16s are also carriers of nuclear weapons, and we will also have to take this into account when organizing combat work," but he insisted that the aircraft delivery "will not change anything on the battlefield." Putin Issues F-16 Warning (msn.com) Putin Issues F-16 Warning (msn.com)
  15. You have ten major energy users in Oklahoma who use majority wind power? Can you drop some names so I can read up them?
  16. When a minority has to have the government use duress, the result is NOT "equality". In fact, it creates hard feelings and a tendency to resist treating that group fairly. That is the reality of human nature.
  17. China adds new moon base project partners, but struggles to attract national-level participation Related story:
  18. Videos and stories just like your friend's are why I believe this is something real and unknown to science, Well, I gave my leading theory that I think these creatures are real but not 'normal' animals. I think they shift in and out of our normal three-dimensional physical world. It is scientifically something new but I wouldn't call it scientifically impossible.
  19. trevor borocz johnson

avoiding negative thoughts with laziness to correct them

My favorite psychology textbook lesson was to do these social cost situations, for example one of them was to go to a bar ask for a tap water use the bathroom and leave. I use to bar hop doing that. It was fun. another one had you rent a hotel room and return it right away, another one was to ask for a playgirl, look at it and say nevermind. They were crazy to try out. Whats your favorite psychology textbook lesson?
  20. "it's a big club and you aren't in it" -George Carlin https://apnews.com/article/democrats-election-2024-fundraiser-new-york-ebfbc81d3b70f38745ae00c7ce6a382d NEW YORK (AP) — A fundraiser for President Joe Biden on Thursday in New York City that also stars Barack Obama and Bill Clinton is raising a whopping $25 million, setting a record for the biggest haul for a political event, his campaign said. The hourslong fundraiser has different tiers of access depending on donors’ generosity. The centerpiece is an onstage conversation with the three presidents, moderated by late-night talk show host Stephen Colbert. There’s also a lineup of musical performers — Queen Latifah, Lizzo, Ben Platt, Cynthia Erivo and Lea Michele — that will be hosted by actress Mindy Kaling. Thousands are expected, and tickets are as low as $225. More money gets donors more intimate time with the presidents. A photo with all three is $100,000. A donation of $250,000 earns donors access to one reception, and $500,000 gets them into an even more exclusive gathering.
  21. Grim Reaper 6

Rogue's Gallery III

That's ok I take no offense, it was taken by a Professional Photographer in a studio. Like I said before, unlike other places in the world when you renew identification you must bring your own photograph. However, it's certainly not AI generated.
  22. Abramelin

Rogue's Gallery III

You know, to me this photo of yours looks... AI generated. And honestly I don't know why I think it is. It's not meant to pi$$ you off, it's just my first impression of your photo.
  23. Seeing as we haven't gotten the hang of reconnecting nerves I cannot see how anyone would even consider the idea.
  24. A grain of dust recovered from an ancient meteorite that plonked itself down in Antarctica appears to be from a rather unusual place in space and time. It's a tiny speck of a mineral called olivine, and its isotope composition is so alien that it could only have been produced by another star, dying before the Solar System was even born. Known as presolar grains, the rare motes are highly prized for what they can tell us about different stellar environments in the galaxy and the worlds that may form therein. Stardust Found in an Ancient Meteorite Was Left by a New Kind of Supernova : ScienceAlert Atomic-scale Element and Isotopic Investigation of 25Mg-rich Stardust from an H-burning Supernova: Atomic-scale Element and Isotopic Investigation of 25Mg-rich Stardust from an H-burning Supernova - IOPscience
  25. I have a friend who has a doctoral degree in forestry, the scientific advisor for his thesis worked for some years in the forest management and aerial photography parties, and insisted that once he had seen a yeti-like create at a very close distance, literally looked into the creature's eyes. He described that its stare was "of an absolutely intelligent creature". That happened in the end of 1980's in the Ural mountains (Sverdlovsk Oblast). He said he knows that scientifically this is impossible but still the event had happened to him for real. And not only him but a few of the other forest rangers he knew in his career shared similar stories. So go figure. Judging from how they all described such events, may be it's a result of some kind of unintentional trance state, sort of a daydream which just moments later already perceived as a true memory? But why about some sort of a hairy humanoid? Is it the evolutionary memory about the look of our ancestors? Or other now extinct rival species of Homo?
  1. Load more activity