Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Thankyou they know they are. Looking forward to seeing them
  3. I heard they played Johnny cashes song burning ring of fire at the funeral.
  4. Adorable. I took some pics of mine in Christmas antlers just yesterday. I'll see if I can find them and post them.
  5. This is where I am too. The middle class folks like me seem to have dodged a lot of bullets from the early versions to the final bill. Good on that. Doesn't look like things got a lot simpler to file though. So far in history, from Reagan to Kansas "rocket fuel for the economy" only boosts the upper stage, doesn't result in more money, more tax revenues, and deficit reductions. The likely outcome in a few years will be the lament that we just can't afford all of these entitlements like social security and medicare with a huge deficit. And of course, health care is not a right. Cutting social programs will be the balance used to offset the corporate windfalls that will not result in a lot of good paying jobs. I would worry most about young people, millennials. They are going to have a really tough time in the gig economy and a plethora of low paying jobs with no benefits. FML as they say.
  6. I'd be interested to know where you get your news from.
  7. Quite correct A creator god, outside of space and time, all knowing and all powerful, is a physical impossibility and thus requires magical thinking. God is real, powerful, wise and physical, and thus must be an evolved product of a preexisting naturla environment. Because i know god is real and powerful i dont have the luxury of using magical thinking to shape him to my desires. However the mind of god IS the ultimate it. ie the cosmic consciousness which connects the galaxy and mentors educates and helps evolving species . When a human connects to this mind it understands the nature of all things and becomes one with god.
  8. But it is in reserve.
  9. I personally never read articles from WAPO....FAKE...How is it that you cannot see the incredible bias from main stream media?
  10. WaPo article has now been updated: A second HHS agency received similar guidance to avoid using “entitlement,” “diversity” and “vulnerable,” according to an official who took part in a briefing earlier in the week. Participants at that agency were also told to use “Obamacare” instead of ACA, or the Affordable Care Act, and to use “exchanges” instead of “marketplaces” to describe the venues where people can purchase health insurance. At the State Department, meanwhile, certain documents now refer to sex education as “sexual risk avoidance.” Also: Lloyd declined to identify any specific inaccuracies in The Washington Post’s report about words that are prohibited in CDC budget documents. The CDC analyst said it was clear to participants that they were to avoid those words. “What would you call it when you’re told not to use those words?” the person said. “If that’s not a ban, maybe I need to improve my vocabulary.”
  11. You are ssssssssso cool.
  12. LOL You just described literally everyone in the world. So are we all Illuminati? And how do the reptilianssssss fit in?
  13. Never mind you missed my point altogether That is not he sort of info you can ask god for. It breaks the prime directive of not imparting advanced technologies
  14. In other words you don't know so you spew out obscurities in the desperate hopes that it makes you sound philosophical. Got it. Wish you all the best.
  15. Video: Symbiotic Relationship: Definition & Examples. Symbiotic relationships are a special type of interaction between species. Sometimes beneficial, sometimes harmful, these relationships are essential to many organisms and ecosystems, and they provide a balance that can only be achieved by working together.
  16. Maybe that society never died? Call them what you will, there's no doubt there's an elite that seeks to control as much as they can.
  17. You're buddhist right? If I remember correctly, there is this concept of detachment from the world. So people lock themselves away in meditation upon this detachment, but aren't they attached to the idea of detachment? Would that not be a state of being. Sort of, I am here, I exist, and none of this will come with me.
  18. It s also interesting how, the more people are pressed on their disconnection from god, the more they resort to ridicule. it is hard to comprehend that some people really don't get it (after all, many have tried to explain it to them) so i must assume the y get it (the pov/ argument) but refuse to accept it This makes them incredibly defensive, and thus they attack every one, and every idea, which suggests they are missing something important in their lives Really thinking it through, might force them into dangerous waters, so the y set up defensive barriers in their minds, and ridicule sarcasm and denial, are good strong barriers. .
  19. 8n my case, I'm ten years behind music, dress sense, and most of my hobbies were much more popular ten years ago.
  20. Got to go and get the rum cakes made for my friend's birthday tomorrow. I will probably enlist the help of my hubby, who is an excellent baker. LOL
  21. Lol, I'll admit I could've worded it better. Typed it and hit send real quick, but I made my point. Net Neutrality is not 'control of everything', if anything it's the opposite of that. It prevents corporations from controlling the flow of information on the web. And as for government control, if this was truly a democracy, then it would be a government of, by, and for the people; which means we are the ones who would be in effect controlling the internet, by electing officials to legislate laws the American people want. Not for profit, not by screwing us over, but for our own benefit since we would in essence be writing said laws. Of course that's the ideal scenario. Unfortunately our politicians do the bidding of their corporate donors, so this 'big bad government' you conservatives are always scared of isn't the one screwing us over. It's the corruption that's fed by the corporations who control the politicians by gigantic campaign contributions (bribes basically) to act in the best interest of these millionaires and billionaires and big corporations, and NOT in the best interests of the American people. To put it simply: The government is only screwing you over because the corporations essentially run the government. Not the American people. If this government functioned as it was supposed to (of, by, and for the people; a true democracy), then there'd be nothing about the government to fear. They all pretty much do the same job if you ask me. Doesn't matter to me personally. Kind of a subjective preference sorta thing, really. Again, the corporations are the ones screwing you over through the government. I'm not saying corporations are inherently evil, they're just all money making machines. Therefore they only care about one thing: Profit. It's simple. They give huge sums of money in campaign contributions to politicians (which are basically bribes), and in exchange they expect the political favors that benefit them and screw over you. If you fix the corruption in Washington by getting money out of politics and put the power back into the American people, then there's nothing to fear of the government since it's essentially run by the people to work in a way that's best for them, not just the corporations. And btw, when we pay taxes, that isn't the government 'taking' our money like a thief (or at least it shouldn't be, kinda is now, but that can be fixed by doing the above), that's us as Americans paying into things like public roads and bridges, schools, military, etc. WE THE PEOPLE are funding this s**t. It's not the government 'taking' our money any more than we let them take it. The only reason our taxes are so high now is because the corporations control the politicians to suck out tons of taxes on the poor and middle class, and give MASSIVE tax cuts to the fabulously wealthy. This isn't just unfair, it's insane and immoral. This is just factually incorrect. Obama fought to uphold Net Neutrality, he didn't 'found' it. You seriously want to complain about the government controlling the media, while opposing Net Neutrality? This decision is the ultimate control of media right here. Now the dissemination of information in controlled by people who want to maximize profits, and will therefore censor anything online that hurts their business. Under Net Neutrality anyone could post anything anywhere online, and had the same internet speed so no one could control what sites you go on. It's literally total equality! If you're worried about corruption controlling the internet, then you should be fighting to maintain Net Neutrality here. You're arguing against yourself. Sure, trade Communism for Fascism. Sounds like a fair deal.
  22. Per the discussions about gods parentage of humanity a few hours back Either some posters genuinely don't understand this argument OR they chose to ridicule it God is the father of humanity in at least 3 respects First if you believe in god as a creator being it created us and is thus our father in that sense. Second in the relationship between god and man god holds a position parental authority as the holder of wisdom knowledge and power. One can disobey a father but this is fraught with dangers Lastly,, one part of god is its spirit In the biblical sense this was the father of Christ the man and is the father of each one of us The spirit (consciousness and power) of god is like the seed of god, it impregnates us and grows within us, shaping and creating our own identity and our own human soul or spirit It is what makes us human and thus makes god our father, in the spiritual sense that we are only as we are, because of its presence. One can deny this and walk away from it. Hence the many parables on this in the bible. This rejection of parentage causes grief to the father but also much loss to the son who is separated from his father. In Christianity the writers combined all these, and other, elements of parentage to explain god's relationship to man.
  23. A lot of people identify that way
  24. If you don't know why then you should probably read the thread.
  1. Load more activity