Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The Puzzler

Atlanteans

Was thinking of Hanno. Good find.
  3. 4 years of college and all that.
  4. Antigonos

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

It’s telling that he felt the need to bring in reinforcements from GHMB.
  5. Could be; rumor has it that he had some strange eating and drinking habits. That sort of diet might turn Mr Happy into Mr Melancholy. Probably those, too, were "tests."
  6. Antigonos

Revisiting God Constructs

Only someone like you would equate knowledge with blindness.
  7. Harte

Atlanteans

Jaylemurph couldn't even dream of being as arrogant an ass as me. He just got tired of answering the same questions over and over. That's why I periodically asked him about the Lost Colony of Roanoke, which proves I'm the bigger arrogant ass. Harte
  8. Piney

Atlanteans

You forgot one of your oldies and goodies.
  9. Harte

Atlanteans

Feeling generous today. Here's more for your collection. Harte
  10. Harte

The Harte Mark III

I started posting them in the Harte Mark III - B's thread I made. Link below. Harte
  11. Trelane

Atlanteans

No. That's not how this works. YT videos are simply not a good way to bolster your claims. I mean , if you were dong research for a university class, most professors would fail you if all you had for reference are YT videos. You are making some pretty wild claims. You have to provide solid evidence (not links to flippin' videos) to back up you claims. Also, any books from GH are also not a great idea to help your case either. He dabbles in pseudo-science, very poorly argued pseudo-science at that.
  12. Projection again? I'd say. At least he studied the history and culture behind the prophets. Not commentary from those ignorant of it.
  13. An artist who was made homeless after being evicted by his private landlord in London has started effectively commuting from Argentina where the rent is so much cheaper that it covers the cost of air fare. Andy Leek, 38, whose Notes to Strangers works are pasted on to walls and junction boxes across more than 20 British and European cities, has moved to Buenos Aires where the rents are several times cheaper and he travels back to the UK roughly every two months for work. The flight costs less than a monthly train season ticket between Bristol and London. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/19/artist-evicted-by-london-landlord-cuts-rent-by-commuting-from-argentina
  14. Piney

Atlanteans

I don't want to see a video. I want to see dates and dating methods.
  15. A rediscovered photo captured two days after the Titanic sank is going on auction this month. The photo, taken by undertaker John Snow Jr, may show the iceberg that sank the ship on its maiden voyage 112 years ago on April 14. It's not known when John Snow Jr took the photo, which can be viewed on the Henry Aldridge & Son Auctioneers website, during the voyage. "Nobody can say for sure that this was THE iceberg that sank the Titanic. But what we can say is that after the rescue ship Carpathia, the Mackay-Bennett was one of the first ships to reach the wreck site and that the undertaker on board decided to take a photo of this iceberg," Auctioneer Andrew Aldridge at Henry Aldridge & Son Auctioneers told The Mirror. The photograph is being sold on April 27, and is expected to fetch around 4,000-7,000 GBP (5,000-8,700 USD). https://www.iflscience.com/iceberg-that-sank-the-titanic-may-be-shown-in-unearthed-photo-from-1912-73865
  16. ReadTheGreatControversyEGW

Revisiting God Constructs

Ah, no. The planet Venus to this day has separate names for when it appears in the morning and when it appears in the evening (morning star and evening star). The Greek pair are phosphoros (~ light-bringer) or heosphoros (~ dawn-bringer) and hesperus for the evening star. A peculiarity of Greek: if you want to turn a common noun into a proper noun, add the definitite article: tou heosphoros for capital-H Heosphoros. Let us turn to Isaiah 14:12: In the Septuagint, the king of Babylon is called by a Greek proper noun and repetitive phrase for Venus-as-the-morning-star, tou heosphoros tou proi anatellon = Heosphoros (Dawn-bringer), the one rising in the morning (note the present tense in the phrase, the planet is still rising in the morning - it is the king who has fallen). In translating this, the King James committee went with the Latin word for tou heosphoros which is Lucifer (~ light-bringer), following the Latin Vulgate translation of Isaiah, and rendered the noun phrase poetically as son of the morning, following the underlying Hebrew. Hebrew is not one of my languages, but I am informed that the Hebrew addresses helel, a generic word for "shining one" and uses the explanatory noun phrase "son" (ben) "of the morning" (sahar), based upon https://biblehub.com/interlinear/isaiah/14.htm and linked resources. There's no supernatural devil here, but the writer very much dislikes the former King of Babylon and delights in his humiliation. The English translation is a mash-up of three versions of the passage in three ancient languages, nevertheless clearly using "morning star" as an epithet for a human being. As to Ezekiel 28, we seem to be discussing this because of your belief that "the devil" appears in Genesis 3 and verse 28:13 refers to the King of Tyre being in "Eden, the garden of God." You are entitled to your reading, of course, but Ezekiel would not know what you were talking about when you place "the devil" in Genesis. I agree that the wealthy city of Tyre is compared with paradise in this passage. That doesn't make its king the devil (recall that in Genesis two human beings are at first in Eden and then expelled from it, for the offense of attempted self-deification). I don't know how many cherubs defected in Enochian mythology, but in this passage, the "covering cherub" is not rebelling, he is being fired. Studying the Bible with your spiritual blinders on. Enjoy.
  17. Today
  18. Essan

Atlanteans

He doesn't need evidence. He's found a youtube video!!!! There's one born every minute
  19. Says the man who openly advocates for breaking the country in half when an election doesn't go his way.
  20. Zod YinYang

Atlanteans

The 12k periodicity of cyclic cataclysm is determined via other means. Perhaps a video covering both periodicity and deposition will shed some light for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3VMjfe2fwE (15:57 if in a hurry).
  21. Peter Cox

Atlanteans

here is a pic of it
  22. Still Waters

What are you watching?

Sisu https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14846026/
  23. Still Waters

Word Change

sour cream
  24. Piney

Atlanteans

But where's the core with the isotopic dating chart showing it's actually every 12k years?
  25. Scott Creighton

Hi Jon, Many thanks for all that. Certainly much to mull over, that's for sure. SC
  26. Jon Ellison

I have no idea where the first generation "original" image would have been obtained from or where it's subject was located. I'm not an Egyptologist.
  1. Load more activity