Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hammerclaw

Revisiting God Constructs

You have a different and positive attitude. He sees the cup half empty, while you see the very same cup half full.
  3. It was 'speed dating', so we didn't have a ton of time to chat. But, by the time we finished talking, she was booted out of the PM job!
  4. Piney

Atlanteans

Hobbits are Brummies, Trolls are from the Black Country and Scousers are Orcs in Tiros.
  5. He's gone a bit David Icke. Not quite as far though.
  6. Hail and well met, friends, who to our globe come a flyin’ Tell us what interstellar news you bring from Orion!
  7. Harte

Atlanteans

I always like to remind people of this. The dialogues are not transcripts of conversations, though that's how they read. Harte
  8. It's a pity all schools don't ban all religion. The school argued its prayer policy was justified after it faced death and bomb threats linked to religious observance on site. The pupil, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told the court the policy had "fundamentally changed" how she felt "about being a Muslim in this country". So perhaps she will leave the UK and go somewhere she feels more at home?
  9. Get real! Net zero is humanity's best response to climate change. Net Zero may very well cost lives, but climate change will cost a helluva lot more and the damage will be irreparable.
  10. It could potentially involve every nursing home. How many votes, I couldn't say. Might be in the report. But it is symptomatic of the way Dems changed the rules of voting across a fairly wide swath of states, often going against their own state constitution. You see enough of this, you start to think that there is no validity to the vote, whether you're right or not. Harte
  11. The Puzzler

Atlanteans

If we take these writings at face value…we can work out that Atlanteans/Atlanteans live at Cerne. The Phoenicians left a colony there on Hanno’s voyage. Where exactly Cerne is remains a mystery. My guess is just north of the Gambia river according to the descriptions, they had sailed past the desert (the edge of the Atlantic Sahara) The Amazon women seem to have lived on an island, the Hesperides and raged attacks against Libyans and the Atlanteans. The Amazon women race went on to move to the Aegean and IMO became the face of Athena, the Athenians. Myrina, Queen of this Amazon race, is even said to have built the temples on Samothrace. Its the only other story that’s known where Athenians (as Amazons) subdue the Atlanteans.
  12. Net Zero is a con because what actually happens is we get other countries to generate CO2 emissions for us. It doesn't reduce global emissions. In terms of lives - well, yes, given poorer health and safety in those countries where we now do our manufacturing, I suppose it does cost them. Buy hey, I can buy a t-shirt for £2.99! Yipee! I can afford to buy an new one every week and save on washing - that cuts my carbon emissions even more!!!! Who cares if some of the slaves making t-shirts in some town in Bangladesh I never heard of die in a fire?!!!
  13. I used to have a certain respect and admiration for Neil Oliver as a presenter of history and archaeological documentaries, but of late that has all gone. He has prostituted his celebrity status in the service of populist conspiracy theories that he regularly preaches upon. I used to think he had some academic credibility as someone who valued and understood science and the scientific method, but his uncritical stance against climate change and vaccination, as well as his deranged notions about world domination by a clandestine elite, place him firmly among the lunatic-fringe. And he even has that stare!!
  14. It was disgrace that British politicians were attending anyway. Police in Brussels have stormed a right-wing conference attended by Nigel Farage and Suella Braverman after orders for the event to be shut down. Local authorities ordered the controversial National Conservatism (NatCon) Conference to be closed to “guarantee public safety”. Ms Braverman, the former home secretary, and Mr Farage, the former Ukip leader, were among the political names advertised to speak at the event on Tuesday alongside right-wing Hungarian autocrat Viktor Orban. Officers arrived after the event began at the Claridge venue in central Brussels to tell organisers the event would be shut down. Police order closure of right-wing conference attended by Nigel Farage and Suella Braverman (msn.com)
  15. Could be the Chinese, they've been pushing the advancement of their naval assets for at least 20 years now.
  16. What else should they do for a nation that's FUNDING their genocide?
  17. Not an extraterrestrial craft. That we can rule out reasonably and logically.
  18. If the IDF came back in with the same sized combat elements and began deploying to encircle Rafah, Hamas would likely move a bit on their terms but the time for that is clearly over. FINISH THE JOB, IDF!
  19. They are getting everything they want, short of DC forcing Israel to withdraw. Why should they give up anything? They are winning. If they survive, it's a win.
  20. Most likely it would have held back societal change by decades or even centuries. The black death was instrumental in dismantling the feudal system. Hard to tell the peasants they have to stay on the same land when someone else will pay them a year's wages to move to their farm.
  21. Against well-constructed, deep tunnel systems?
  22. I have "chainsaw crickets" all the time. The cicadas drown them out.
  1. Load more activity