Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. May well be.
  3. Kmt Sesh has not showed up yet. So I will reply to you without Kmt. I am not a professional historian, thus I might not have used the best phraseology. But you seem to have a distortion of the idea I aimed to express. Previously in this topic, I linked to an article by Avraham Faust demonstrating that many biblical archaeology writers now favor a "small" Exodus event - at a date near or somewhat after Egypt's Ramesses III. In this post I will link to one such writer: Yehuda Rotblum, who identifies Egypt's "Shasu of Yahu" with the deity (YHWH) that eventually became Judea's monotheistic god. Before reading my summary (below) of the Rotblum article, I encourage people to ask themselves a rhetorical question: Since biblical Moses stationed both himself and his Levites at Kadesh-barnea for most of a 40-year-period-in-the-wilderness - were his Levites in "Egypt" during that 40-year period? The following is my summary of the Rotblum article: ... The third [proto-Israelite] group (1170 BC) parallels the story of Moses’ migration from the Negev or Egypt; these people formed the tribe of Levi, which brought its unique religious heritage and the belief in one god, Yahu. .... Moses was the leader of a group from the Negev and therefore the biblical stories, including the Exodus, are from this area.....a small group of people leaving the Negev Desert could undoubtedly leave unnoticed. Such a group with their leader, Moses, could sustain the harsh journey in the arid desert. .....In my opinion, Mount Sinai is not one mountain but several holy mountains scattered among the Midianite’s vast territory, each one designated by a different tribe as the dwelling place of their God. This may explain the references to the many holy places that are mentioned in the Bible. Upon their migration to Canaan, the tribe's collective memory united their holy mountains into one: the biblical Mount Sinai. The biblical description fits this multiplicity, and maybe the God of Shasu and the God of Israel are one. .... The numerous names for Mount Sinai mentioned in the Bible, such as Mountain of God,Mount Horev, Mount Seir, attest to this. It also fits the Bible’s reference to the different places, in the Negev Desert, from which God appeared: Sinai, Edom, Seir, and Paran. https://www.academia.edu/6810396/Exodus_and_Rock_Art_is_there_a_connection_Rock_Art_in_the_Negev_Desert_connection_to_Exodus
  4. Either, as long as it's not weak.
  5. There was something kind of funny with the video..something that was rather ironic.. In the professor is gently admonished for being (or appearing) to "know" everything and couldn't possible learn more but what I find rather ironic is that these same "masters" themselves act like they have the scoop on the spiritual goods and that they alone know what is "right" and "true". Much like all other religions in the world. The mindset may not be as obvious or in the forefront but it is there nonetheless. What I find rather funny, in a sad sort of way, is how we insist on personifying and anthropomorphizing the universe for the sole reason that we can pretend that we matter and that the universe, now in human form, somehow has the ability to care. However since humans are limited beings when why seek to limit the universe by restricting it to the painfully narrow confines of human nature? Why insist that the universe is conscious and somehow cares, specifically, about us or at least to certain people and neglects the rest of the endless expanse. Such a mindset only serves to feed this myopic idea that humans are the center of all the universe.
  6. Just a muse comment... "Flat-earther's" might say "why don't we just microwave from NYC to London?"
  7. Weeeell.... my eyebrows where raised by the inclusions of "evidence based" and "science-based" as being "forbidden" terms. That kinda suggests a refusal to differentiate between Scientific analysis, and..... something else
  8. I already showed you, the war was illegal and thus any subsequent occupation would by default be illegal. Illegal war = illegal occupation. The multiple UN Resolutions on this subject make it so that this is not even up for debate. It is an extreme view you hold and not at all based in reality, to put it politely. It is an illegal occupation. The Occupied Territories are occupied land and the settlers are by definition colonizing the land. Under the Geneva Convention it is illegal to transfer or allow the transfer of any population to a war zone or occupied territory. I'll quote this for you again, which relates to both of the previous quotes, since you seemed to have missed it the last time: And this: The occupation is illegal in a lot of different ways. But feel free to continue beating a dead horse. Yes, they do: Except for Israel and the United States (and occasionally a US client state), the international community has supported, for the past quarter-century, the ‘two-state’ settlement: that is, the full Israeli withdrawal/ full Arab recognition formula as well as the creation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel. The United States cast the lone veto of Security Council resolutions in 1976 and 1980 affirming the two-state settlement that were endorsed by the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and neighboring Arab states. A 1989 General Assembly resolution along similar lines passed 151– 3 (Israel, US, and Dominica). Despite the historic geo-political changes in the past decade, the international consensus has remained remarkably stable. A 2002 General Assembly resolution (‘ Peaceful settlement of the question of Palestine’) affirming Israel’s right to ‘secure and recognized borders’ as well as the Palestinian people’s right to an ‘independent state’ in the West Bank and Gaza passed 160– 4 (Israel, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, US). The 2002 UN voting record on virtually every resolution bearing on the Israeli– Palestinian (and –Syrian) conflict was similarly lop-sided. In the UN Third Committee the vote was 156– 3 (Israel, Marshall Islands, US) regarding ‘the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination’, while in the Fourth Committee the vote was 148– 1 (Israel) regarding ‘Assistance to Palestinian refugees’, 147– 4 (Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, US) regarding ‘Persons displaced as a result of the June 1967 war’, 147– 5 (Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, US) regarding ‘Operations of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees’, 147– 4 (Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, US) regarding ‘Palestine refugees’ properties and their revenues’, 145– 5 (Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, US) regarding ‘Applicability of the Geneva Convention … to the Occupied Palestinian Territory’, 145– 6 (Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Tuvalu, US) regarding ‘Israeli settlements in the Occupied Territories’, 141– 5 (Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, US) regarding ‘Israeli practices affecting the human rights of the Palestinian people’, and 144– 1 (Israel) regarding ‘The occupied Syrian Golan.’ Finkelstein, Norman. Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict (Kindle Locations 196-212). Verso. Kindle Edition. With regards to Oslo, I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up. According to its own text it is meaningless. https://israelipalestinian.procon.org/view.background-resource.php?resourceID=000921 P.S. Start a thread on the ethnic cleansing of Palestine if you wish. I'll gladly debunk both the claims that it was 'by choice' that they left and that it was not a product of Israeli policy.
  9. why stop at the British royals the British nation has a large German heritage from anglo-saxon times. but it seems to me at least that the German boogieman is alive and under the beds of GB still.
  10. I'm not exactly sure why the almas was chosen to be the namesake, since the dinosaur and the creature don't bear any resemblance. Presumably the authors just had an interest in cryptozoology. Here is all that they give for the etymology of the name:
  11. Love this: “We’re sort of in the position of what would happen if you gave Leonardo da Vinci a garage-door opener,” ... “First of all, he’d try to figure out what is this plastic stuff. He wouldn’t know anything about the electromagnetic signals involved or its function.”
  12. Hazelnut coffee, filter coffee mostly. Anytime of the day. Enjoy a cup of tea.once a day...good old five roses. All tea and coffee with honey and milk/ cream
  13. you sound like you've read a lot up on this. my views are based more on my interests in start-ups from Europe and the states like oneworld and spacex, that want to capitalise on the information boom in auto automation and AI by flooding space with satellites providing 100% internet coverage to the world. as technology develops and space travel becomes more the domain of companies and less governments it will be cheaper and more robust than cables and less infrastructure intensive.
  14. I guess its 1945-1998.
  15. Recent article on the appearance of the Temple.
  16. I wonder why? I'm trying to think of a way to make a point about the name of the almas in a different context. Speaking of which, it's interesting to note that the Mongolian word almas is strikingly similar to the Caucasian word almasty for the same sort of thing. I wonder which way the story spread?
  17. "Skeptic" implies you have reached a different conclusion from the same research data that others have examined. Impressive. Doug
  18. that's possibly. another scenario is a smaller EU with the Baltic's, Poland and other central European countries leaving the EU and making an independent alliance with the U.S. or even Russia. But that does nothing for British security.
  19. Up until WWI, we used to be the biggest allies. Actually, there has never been a war between German and British forces prior to WWI. Heck, even the British Royal Family is of German descent.
  20. You grab the little ****er by his stupid little horns then get his neck a swift twist listen for the crack then it's job done ...... oh no sorry I misread it i thourght you said"goats"
  21. I have no idea...where does it say they are going to deal with faith? Frankly, the CDC should only be dealing with science/medicine/epidemiology...not with social issues like abortion, transgender issues, social entitlements and so forth. I'm just guessing that this might be the explanation for the word banning thing. I certainly don't know for sure.
  22. Perhaps there will be further clarification as to what's going on at the CDC regarding Policy Analysis. My hypothesis is just a potential explanation.
  23. What is it with you British and your inherent fears of Germany? yes i get the Germans started two wars but at some point you have to review this Churchillian ideology and decide whether its still relevant,t which sounds more like paranoia than any downgrade of NATO. Just because NATO has kept the peace in Europe doesn't mean that members should take that for granted, Britain included. The balance of power in Europe has changed with Brexit and saying that it won't change the security situation is short sighted. No one is saying that America and GB will be outta the security equation just that things won't be the same again and over time a new power structure will develop. and there are no guarantees that this will be good for America and GB.
  24. A newly described troodontid dinosaur from Mongolia has been named Almas ukhaa after the almas, a legendary Bigfoot-type creature from Central Asia. As far as I know this is the first case of a dinosaur being named after a cryptid. http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1206/3889.1
  1. Load more activity