Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saskatchewan haunted locations?

spiritlady

im looking for anything else around melfort area thats haunted. anyone got info?

aint the video fun and the lights happened when no one was looking at the camera cuse i remember what i was doing most of the points and the lights came when i was looking away and doing something

I"m not good with any of this technical stuff (photos or vids) but, I don't know what could have possibly caused that particular light in the vid. Nice catch.

Melfort area..I have heard of one story of an old school that is along the right side of the highway. The school is about 2kms "south" of Melfort. I do not know if the story is true, but I have been told that there is a teen that haunts the building. He had shot himself. And, I always wondered about the Hotel/bar Chances R if it is haunted. I have never been inside of it. Tho, the place gives me the creeps in each every time that I drive-by it. I don’t know why it does. The second floor windows always bothers me..

There is a lot of Churches with graveyards that is around Melfort that I have been to. These places were found by fate by driving around aimlessly the grid roads that is middle of nowhere. There is 2 graveyards on the Coxby Road are creepy. What I mean by creepy is that I always sensed or had felt something around me. Usually, it’s a negative feeling. I know of only 17 graveyards that is around the Prince Albert, Saskatoon, Melfort, Christopher Lake, Shellbrook, Nipawin area that really flips me out. I never do catch any good EVP/video footage to convince myself or others. I am 40 years old and I have been cruising around these areas and Ghost Hunt. I have been in numerous abandoned farm houses. There was this one house that I posted here on Um last year that had really scared Lynn and I. Today, the house has fallen over.

There is a few houses that I want to recheck alone. Here is 3 of latest pictures that I have taken of an old farmhouse that I had some of a gloomy mood in. Try to guess on where it is. I am planning of going back there with an bible and more equipment…a cassette player. Bees had chased Lynn, Angela and I out of the upper floor. Lynn is my wife and Angela is my 10 yr old daughter. Both are Ghost hunters. We had heard this humming noise that was getting louder and coming from one of (3) rooms. I had check it out and there were a myriad of bees flying around n’ going to the direction, to the room that we were in, and I told everyone to get out..

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by primordial

its by Batoche, Saskatchewan. The road by the river..

the chances r (now eddys pub) is not really creepy just kinda dirty, well most of the clients are creepy.

um ya graveyards are creepy there is suppose to be one on the way to star city pit that shows up in the middle of a field and you can only see it

at certain points and you cant get to it no roads or anything but iv never scene it

im from prince albert, sk and im really curious about this story about hands bridge...i cant find anything about it anywhere on the internet

the bridge resides in little red river park sorta..

if you've ever been to little red then this may make sense to you it may not..ordinarily if you want to go to little red you turn left into the park, but there is also the option of turning right and theres a dirt road that passes residential areas and what not, but if you go far enough (and if the roads open) you end up at the cement bridge..i dont know the actual name of the bridge but everyone i know calls it hands bridge, and the story ive heard is that a bus full of little kids was driving over it and either lost control and went over the edge or the bridge colapsed underneath it (im not 100% positive which) all the children and the bus driver died and suposidly its a true story

the rumour is that if you sit on the bridge in a car in neutral your car will begin to move forward and youll end up with little hand prints all over your vehical. suposidly this is from the little kids who died in the accident are trying to push you off the bridge so that the same thing doesnt happen to you..or something like that..

i think the ghost story is probably just from around pa but id like to know if anyone can help me out on figuring out what happened and what will happen

Katt

hi there.. im also from prince albert... and to tell you the honest truth i have been to pretty much any ghostly thing in and around pa and absolutely nothing happens at Hans Bridge...ive sat there and sat there and sat there with my car in neutral and nothing has happened. lol. there is a hans bridge but that isnt it... down a path by one of th ose yellow barriers if you walk theres a small statue thing and a cross country path and under the cross country path that has been build theres burn marks...that is the hans bridge that was supposidly there long ago but nothing has happened there either as far as i know there hasnt. apparently tho there was some sort of indian burial grounds out at the red somewhere or something.. lol but i think that might be(if true) pretty much about it that i know of about the red.. lol if you hear or anything or if anything happens to you or you seen anything...please do let me know i've lived in pee eh my whole life and i havent heard of anything else... thanks hopefully that was a little helpful...also if i hear of anything i will for surely post...

Edited by rachellexx

Regina here. I don't really know any good places, but a friend that used to do security at the Hotel Sask says he had several interesting encounters in various parts of the building. The basement and one ballroom are the most notable.

*claps*

Canada pride, lul.

I lived in Regina, Sask for 9 years, then in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (try pronouncing that, americans!) for about 9 months. Never heard of those places except for the hospital I think....

Hey there gang. I am from S.E. Sask. Here are some pictures that were taken in the Moosehead restaurant and night club at Kenosee Lake. It is located in the Moose Mountain Provincial Park. The place is rumored to be haunted.

post-78660-1222678627_thumb.jpg

post-78660-1222678647_thumb.jpg

The good old Moosehead. I haven't been there in years. I've heard many, many "my friend's brother" type stories from there, but never ran into anything myself, neither did my friends. I'm from that area, spent many summers at Kenosee.

If i lived up there if i were you i would STOP looking for ghost and get a spoon and start digging for my share of that 500 billion barrels of oil they recently discovered up there !! (canada, north dakata, montana) will be the new persia !!

One early evening, Lynn and I were walking around the Duck Lake Hotel. The place is supposedly haunted by a man that fell to his death during a dispute years ago. Each month on the eighth there is screaming that is heard by ppl. Lynn n’ I didn’t know what time when he had fallen so we had to ask some the residents as they passed by us. Most of them didn’t know but some did have knowledge of the story. This one old man had pointed to the back of the hotel(town office) and come back at 10:30pm. While we waited, we had the chance to talk to an RCMP officer, and he thinks it’s all bull, but the story had interested him, because there is no report of it. We came back to the hotel from Fort Carlton at 10pm and we started to record and take pictures. I had left my cassette player recording in the back and we walked around and sat on the front steps sitting in silence n..listened into our thoughts. The street was empty n was also quiet. All we can hear was only the wind through the trees and birds cheeping.

We never heard anything and recorded/captured anything that evening. We were there for about a hour and a half, then Lynn got cold. The RCMP officer had drove by us twice n smiling-I’m sure that we were in his report that night...

One of my best ghost hunting places is at the Batoche National Park( 1885 Rebellion of Louis Riel). The graves…always stir up some odd feelings. Not sure which one,..but they do.

Here is some pictures. I will remove them in a later time n I do have more. If anyone see something, please tell me n ty.

Strange lil things is happening to my pc when uploading these pictures, like the song that is playing n the delays..ah, it’s nothing..

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by primordial

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i saw those crosses last night! they creeped the **** out of me (mind my french) my friends and i drove out to sit o the bridge, check out the rumour for ourselves and the road was closed for the night so we turned around and our driver (my friend josh) stopped the car..just to the side of us were two crosses exactly next to each other on the side of the road...so josh turns off the car and sits there in the dark..since i moved to pa from birch hills ive been deathly afraid of gravel roads (i really dont know why) and the fact that there had obviously been already two accidents on the particular road i got a little scared and made my bf come sit in the back seat with me for comfort, about a minute later josh turned the car back on and i opened my eyes and look straight ahead (i was sitting crooked in the seat so i was facing the bush to the right) only to see yet another cross in the middle of the bush (ok so just a few feet in but still) i thought i was paranoid so i closed my eys and cowered in my bfs chest simply because im a cowered but after we got out of the park and back on the highway the guys mentioned how many crosses they had seen, three so i knew i wasnt seeing things even though i was sure i had been but oh well..

and as for the bridge, when i was little me and my mom used to go to little red durring the winter to go toboganing and we used to walk our way down to hands bridge and i have pictures of us on it and i never was even scared of it until this year, again oh well just a thought...i really do wish i knew exactly what happened out there and if the rumours about the bus and what not are true..

thanks again :)

hey i recently heard of a couple hauntings in birch hills one was apparently a house where a man killed his family and another was a chuch i was wondering if you had heard about these since you were from there and if there was a point in checking them out thanks alot

This house in Birch Hills. Was it on main Street?

I used to live in an old house in BHs many, many years go and the kids that I hanged w/ at the time had told me an story about a kid that had died in an small room in the basement. It was an odd story.

I didn’t take them seriously but over the years living it…things had happened. Nothing Paranormal..just certain things in life. The house is very old n in shipshape and nothing had bothered me…just loneliness. Hm. We lived in it for only 5 years and I moved away when my mother passed away in 1989 of cancer. My bro also had died, in an train accident( Oct 3, 1987), in the while that we lived there. I cannot tell you on what house it is but a pic. I do want to buy it or to move back in. When I look back..the memories were great.

This Church, was it the old Anglican Church? I have heard an story about it about something that was placing Prayer Books in the back of the pews and the kneeler boards slamming up. The Town, I see, had torn the old Anglican Church down n' made a new Church that adjoins the Catholic n Anglican.

linked-image

My son, Josh, had taken the picture while visiting his ex-gf. I had told him an week earlier, that I used to live in that house in the 80's and there was no door. Nice town.

Edited by primordial

• 1 month later...
Saskatchewanites! I thought I was the only one from Sask on here. I grew up in Fort Qu'Appelle, down by Regina. Fort San was by far the creepiest place I've ever been in my life. Just the Sanatorium, and the grounds around it. It's definatly not a smart place to be after dark. I now live in 'toon town, nothing really scary about this big city yet.....well besides the drivers.

I got lots of stories if you want any specific spots, I can point you to a couple of them in and around the qu'appelle valley.

hey i'm from Quill Lake Sask. not to far from Qu'appelle theres a house just down my street thats haunted my friend lived there as a kid and she did'nt like the basement and niether did i we just had a uneasy feeling its hard to explain but the people who live in it now have the sames feelinsas me and my friend

but i am interested in the other haunted places around qu'appelle vally i kno fort san already

Hey there gang. I am from S.E. Sask. Here are some pictures that were taken in the Moosehead restaurant and night club at Kenosee Lake. It is located in the Moose Mountain Provincial Park. The place is rumored to be haunted.

it is not no rumor of it being haunted its known to be haunted

it is not no rumor of it being haunted its known to be haunted

so if it's really haunted what's the story?

lol..I apologize. Tho, they do show up nice on a 22” screen. Quill Lake is about 2 hours away from where I live and I go there from time to time. There is a huge white house at the junction in the town Watson that makes me feel uneasy in every time that I drive by it. I do not know if it's haunted. I do like all the churches, with graveyards, at around Quill Lake.

Canada Ghosts

Virtual Saskatchewan

when did u take those pics?

goodie! i want to see more pictures ^_^ looks like some fun stuff over there in sask.

hey spiritlady...i too am from saskatchewan...between the two cities in a town called nokomis!

hope to see you around!

• 1 month later...

hate to break it to you, but that's just cigarette smoke... nothing more, nothing less... no spooky ecto plasm or anything like that. if you look in the one picture you can even see the chick holding a smoke.