Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Precolombian Airplane Models

Dimension_X

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Qoais

• questionmark

• hortie

• Mattshark

The animal art is sometimes representational of other things.

Yep, especially of "airplanes"

I tried to look up a couple by name, but couldn't find them in the members list, so I used the search feature, and got no results. I typed in moderator and got 0.

If you go to the forum board index and scroll down to the users online list you'll find an option there just above it entitled "The moderating team" where you can get a list of all the site staff.

Prehistoric “plane” flies!

http://www.philipcoppens.com/bbl_plane.html

Yeah, with when you stick an engine on and alter the shape slightly yes. Not remotely the same thing as an ancient plane flying.

Edited by Mattshark

OMG it's the Nephilim........... RUN !!!! oh wait a sec lol

Nibblers, Thong, Nibblers.

The magic people from the impossible planet who act like 12-year-olds in "ancient" legends told by frauds to the galactically naive are called Nibblers.

Fresh out of cocoa leaves. :P

Ok, I'm not sure I am explaining myself well...

This is a dragon fly pendant -

A53997.jpg

I don't think it looks like a dragonfly. It's the artists interpretation or a natural creature.

Wouldn't it be most likely that the "artifact" is the same type of thing?

What else was found with it?

Nibs

No, see, Nibs, what you have to understand is that according to the rules of fringery-non-sense, it's an unbreakable, unquestionable tenet that no individual, race, culture or society before 1978 possessed any amount of imagination or creativity. Every single piece of art before that day in 1978 slavishly reproduced exactly something that occurred in the world around the artist. No one ever made anything up. Art was completely literal, in every piece ever created.

Really, I don't know how you could function believing otherwise. You must think everything that appears in print is not literally true, too! ;)

Mattshark - stick it in your ear. I'm not going to look up those ridiculous words because they will likely describe some equally ridiculous underwater amoeba or something and nothing at all that an ancient civilization would have been aware of in the depths of the ocean and admired so much they make a piece of jewellry to look like it.

Translation: I'm not going to run the risk finding out I'm completely and utterly wrong about something just so I can know what I'm talking about, and how dare you attempt to get me to do so!

Honestly, Matt, where do you get off in expecting people to converse knowledgeably about a subject they're attempting to pretend to know about?

--Jaylemurph

Ah, yes, here we have a similar "proof" that witches flew on their brooms:

Auch-Besenhexen-erheben-sich-in-die-Luefte_ArtikelQuer.jpg

South American Earthmoving Machine?

Ivan Sanderson, the same Zoologist who initially evaluated the “Pre-Columbian Jet” suggested after his study of this artifact that the pre-Columbians had zoomorphicized some earthmoving machine that they had somehow encountered.

We’re not at all ready to go there. However, this piece seems to be completely out of place and time. First, the wheel was virtually unknown in the pre-Columbian”World; the Maya Olmecs and Inca’s are reported by mainstream archaeology not to have utilized or known of it.

This artifact utilizes the wheel and gears to the befuddlement of archaeology. According to the Tom MacGuinness’s Website;

“This cryptoarchaeological artifact, which is exquisite in design and construction, represents one of the very few examples of wheels used in Pre-columbian Mesoamerica.

It is unclear what the wheel's purpose is in this design - it is similar to a tool used in leather working, but clearly this piece it too well crafted for such a purpose…

Source:Online Museum of Pre-Columbian Gold”.

Backstory: From 1920 to 1952 the Peabody Museum of the University of Harvard made a series of excavations near the town of Penonomé, to the Southwest of Panama.

In 1940 doctor J. Alden Mason found a singular piece pertaining to the Coclé culture, like the others. One was a medallón of gold of about 11 centimeters in length, with a green stone.

Coclé is the name of the Panamanian province. At the moment the piece is in an exhibition at The University Museum of Archeology and Anthropology of the University of Pennsylvania.

It was there that Ivan it T. Sanderson, the famous UFOlogist and American cryptozoologist came across the piece.

To Sanderson it looked like backhoe or a mechanical dredge. Sanderson thought that the claws of the animal looked like wheels; the teeth of their snout would be the "teeth" of the mechanical dredge; in the later part it would have two gears that would serve to elevate the "bucket".

The back of the animal, according to Sanderson, is the cover of the motor. Both sides lights, and other two in the eyes of the animal can be seen.

pre-co-earthmover.jpg

pre-co-earthmover2.jpg

http://s8int.com/phile/page54.html

Mantas don't have a 3 piece tail fin, especially one sticking upwards.

Funny when I look at the photo I linked to, the mantas do indeed have fins pointing straight up.

The big problem I see is this:

If archeologists can find these golden figures of aircraft, why on earth can't they find the actual aircraft? Surely the pre-Columbian natives kept their airplanes out in the open somehwere, parked next to a temple or something?

Perhaps they're just ornaments. Why can't ancient people be fanciful?

So - that's just a first draft.

Precolumbianplane.jpg

What, no picture of that one flying?

as much as this

sar_7gpl2.jpg

looks like that

Precolumbianplane.jpg

Looks like this???????????????????

Sure...

As much as this

image25.jpg

Looks like this

dragonfly-info0.gif

:)

Nibs

Nibblers, Thong, Nibblers.

--Jaylemurph

Oh No, I've seen evil Nibblers. I even took a photo of one. :lol:

langoliers_2_small.jpg

as much as this sar_7gpl2.jpglooks like thatPrecolumbianplane.jpg

Not! Not as much as that at all.

I doubt the jeweller had a chance to get up close and personal with the plane. I doubt he took measurements and made his replica to scale or as an exact copy.

On the other hand, he may have been using a few of those coca leaves and astral travelled into the future to have a look around and took a fancy to something he saw there and when the trip was over, replicated his vision in gold. :wacko:

PreColumbiandragonfly.jpg

Cool!!! What is it?

oh oh...is that a Nibbler?

Nibs

Cool!!! What is it?

oh oh...is that a Nibbler?

Nibs

Yep, and judging from his flat feet, a Nibbler policeman.

Yep, and judging from his flat feet, a Nibbler policeman.

LOL

Just using my imagination, it looks like a deer or something, facing us, with big feet.

Which is the point...an artist interprets natural things in all types of ways. As there is no other evidence in existence that this culture interacted with Aliens and Their Magical Air Machines, it is most likely an interpretation of a fish or ray.

:P

Why does the answer have to go to the improbable and impossible when the probable can be so much more interesting?

Nibs

LOL

Just using my imagination, it looks like a deer or something, facing us, with big feet.

Which is the point...an artist interprets natural things in all types of ways. As there is no other evidence in existence that this culture interacted with Aliens and Their Magical Air Machines, it is most likely an interpretation of a fish or ray.

:P

Why does the answer have to go to the improbable and impossible when the probable can be so much more interesting?

Nibs

Because it opens the "possibility" of no Nibbler intervention on Earth, which means that we are a product of *gasp* evolution!