Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extreme Paranormal Real or Fake?

RavenSpirit

I am sitting here watching Extreme Paranormal on A&E. I am thinking this show is totally fake. These guys are total over-actors. What are your thoughts? Do you think this show is for real? If so why? If not why? Do you think any of the paranormal shows are real. IE Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RavenSpirit

• Yvonne H.

• darkside07

• Grape Soda

Ok seriously I created an account on this site just to complain about how fake I think that show is ... I mean, come on, one after another, Ghost Adventures, Ghost Lab, Extreme Paranormal ... just keep getting faker as they come. Over-the-top acting, clearly fabricated sound effects ... at least try to make it believable. I think this was A&E's answer to all the people who thought Paranormal State was too boring and depressing.

Ok seriously I created an account on this site just to complain about how fake I think that show is ... I mean, come on, one after another, Ghost Adventures, Ghost Lab, Extreme Paranormal ... just keep getting faker as they come. Over-the-top acting, clearly fabricated sound effects ... at least try to make it believable. I think this was A&E's answer to all the people who thought Paranormal State was too boring and depressing.

Are you watching it now? Did you see the one before this one where they burried that guy alive? Seems funny it is always the same guy who is the guinney pig. It's always the fat dude. Funny how that is.

i've never seen it, but it can't be any worse than Paranormal State. that show is probably the worse.

"director's log..." god that's so lame :rolleyes:

i've never seen it, but it can't be any worse than Paranormal State. that show is probably the worse.

"director's log..." god that's so lame :rolleyes:

There is no question in my mind this show is fake, and I doubt that they are even making sincere attempts to prove their points. Instead their focus is producing watchable television with the paranormal as a back drop.

The show was really awful, and I’d guess authentic paranormal researchers and explorers were nauseated.

Shows like Extreme Paranormal have the very real potential to cause undue pain for the survivors, relatives, and descendants of victims of violent death, and for what? So the average hypnotized and dummied down TV viewer can get their rocks off?

I am a direct descendant of the victims of the Bonito Lake New Mexico tragedy being featured on the October 19 Extreme Paranormal show.

First of all, my ancestors have spilled more than enough blood already. You know, like REAL blood?? That their tragedy is being exploited for sensationalized reality TV is stupid, disrespectful and wrong.

When anything horrible happens anywhere: ghost stories spring up. Does that make any of these “ghost” stories true? I doubt anybody involved with Extreme Paranormnal has a clue…

The show’s chubby cheeked boy hosts have obviously never had any authentic contact with negative entities from the other side, cause if they had, the last thing they’d be doing now is trying to fool around with the ghosts of mass murderers. They would have already learned their lesson.

In the first segment, one guy cuts himself so his blood would help summon spirits of tortured dead people – and another uses a saw to cut through jail cell bars to harrass one of these poor souls? They ought to be ashamed and embarrassed.

And, this trend of increasingly disrespectful and aggressive paranormal shows is contributing to fast growing numbers of dumbshit copycat kids going out there causing property damage at supposedly haunted sites and invading cemeteries all over the U.S.A.

Lovely.

Incidently, when the “Extreme Paranormal” researchers contacted our family, they were dishonest, hiding the fact that they were out to taunt the killer, “…daring demons to attack” and all that macho childish crap. When my relative tried to straighten the researchers out on the actual facts, it soon became apparent that the show wasn’t likely to allow the truth to get their way.

Indeed, the show ignored the facts, like how they talked about the town beneath the lake, when their researchers knew the buildings were torn down before the lake was created.

So, some bull super fictionalized story went out into the world, and for what? To feed gullible goofballs with too much time on their hands their daily dose of hype that now replaces meaningful interaction with actual people in the actual world?

By the way, if you want to know the truth about the Bonito City Mayberry Hotel tragedy, google it in six months, my relative is writing the true story.

Finally, there is no basis to any ghost stories at Bonito Lake. None of the longterm residents and fishermen who’ve lived or now live near Bonito Lake have reported any paranormal activity. The show is a sham, but you know that already, right?

I was a fan of Ghost Hunters in the beginning and I feel like that show is now a phony.

I watched this show the other night and it's a complete joke. No way was I even halfway convinced of anything these dorks were attempting. These shows are getting out of hand.

I saw this show the other night with a friend. Some of the things they do are so out there we couldn't take it seriously. I mean really, setting things on fire, cutting yourself, electrocuting yourself, destroying private property? That's ghost hunting? Sheesh. Every time they decide to do something "extreme" my friend and I pretend we're announcers at a monster truck show shouting, "EXTREMEEEEEEEE!" That made the show a little more entertaining to watch lol!

What a joke this show is . I can't beleive the A/E agreed to air this show . The acting is a freakin joke . My favorite part is the episode when they were int he woods trying to contact the vodoo princess and heard something in the woods to return to find there friend passed out , GIVE ME A BRAKE . Back to to a respectable show like Ghost hunters .

I am sitting here watching Extreme Paranormal on A&E. I am thinking this show is totally fake. These guys are total over-actors. What are your thoughts? Do you think this show is for real? If so why? If not why? Do you think any of the paranormal shows are real. IE Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State.....

FAKE FAKE FAKE . Raven you hit the nail on the head .the acting is a joke . I seached the internet just to make sure i wasnt the only one p***ed at this show for even thinking anyone would buy this crap . back to a respectable show like TAPS.

I'm with Psov19, I created this account solely for the purpose of stating my opinion of this wretched piece of crap. I watch a lot of shows, and rarely do I ever feel this compelled to warn the internet denizens. Has the paranormal field really come to this? An idiotic redneck, an "occult" internet nerd, and the obligatory "fat, but funny" guy? These are investigators?

What a load of crap.

I've been on multitudes of real hunts and filmed real investigators searching for evidence and I'm here to tell you, it's booooooooring for about 90% of it. The other 10% is divided; 5% exciting waiting for something to happen, then 5% excited AFTER the evidence has been reviewed (days, sometimes weeks later).

These "extreme paranormal" guys set fires, cut their hand, scream and yell, then ....muhahahaha....catch an EVP. My friends, I have to ask; Why was he listening to the recorder in that cell (by himself)? So I'm supposed to believe he was recording, then listening, then recording, then listening? Please, nobody does that. He stated that he "just happened" to listen to the recorder (not that he had heard anything with his ears to prompt him to do so) "...AND LISTEN TO THIS!!!!!" he screams. What a joke. The voice on the recorder has obvious volume distortion, because his mouth was too close to the mic when he faked it.

They didn't catch much or get any real evidence of any paranormal reaction to their "extreme" approach, did they?

Extreme Paranormal is Extreme Crap.

The show was really awful, and I’d guess authentic paranormal researchers and explorers were nauseated.

Shows like Extreme Paranormal have the very real potential to cause undue pain for the survivors, relatives, and descendants of victims of violent death, and for what? So the average hypnotized and dummied down TV viewer can get their rocks off?

I am a direct descendant of the victims of the Bonito Lake New Mexico tragedy being featured on the October 19 Extreme Paranormal show.

First of all, my ancestors have spilled more than enough blood already. You know, like REAL blood?? That their tragedy is being exploited for sensationalized reality TV is stupid, disrespectful and wrong.

When anything horrible happens anywhere: ghost stories spring up. Does that make any of these “ghost” stories true? I doubt anybody involved with Extreme Paranormnal has a clue…

The show’s chubby cheeked boy hosts have obviously never had any authentic contact with negative entities from the other side, cause if they had, the last thing they’d be doing now is trying to fool around with the ghosts of mass murderers. They would have already learned their lesson.

In the first segment, one guy cuts himself so his blood would help summon spirits of tortured dead people – and another uses a saw to cut through jail cell bars to harrass one of these poor souls? They ought to be ashamed and embarrassed.

And, this trend of increasingly disrespectful and aggressive paranormal shows is contributing to fast growing numbers of dumbshit copycat kids going out there causing property damage at supposedly haunted sites and invading cemeteries all over the U.S.A.

Lovely.

Incidently, when the “Extreme Paranormal” researchers contacted our family, they were dishonest, hiding the fact that they were out to taunt the killer, “…daring demons to attack” and all that macho childish crap. When my relative tried to straighten the researchers out on the actual facts, it soon became apparent that the show wasn’t likely to allow the truth to get their way.

Indeed, the show ignored the facts, like how they talked about the town beneath the lake, when their researchers knew the buildings were torn down before the lake was created.

So, some bull super fictionalized story went out into the world, and for what? To feed gullible goofballs with too much time on their hands their daily dose of hype that now replaces meaningful interaction with actual people in the actual world?

By the way, if you want to know the truth about the Bonito City Mayberry Hotel tragedy, google it in six months, my relative is writing the true story.

Finally, there is no basis to any ghost stories at Bonito Lake. None of the longterm residents and fishermen who’ve lived or now live near Bonito Lake have reported any paranormal activity. The show is a sham, but you know that already, right?

Welcome to UM...I think your story is compelling and I am glad you have come to share it with us. It really puts things into perspective about this show and others!

I'm completely new to this site ... found it when I Googled "Extreme Paranormal" which is on now, and so fake I had to find out what others were saying about it. I think "Ghost Hunters" is probably the most authentic, mostly because it's so boring, with "Paranormal State" questionable but probably 50% real. "Extreme Paranormal" is so phony I can't imagine anybody swallowing it. One of the most obvious glitches in this episode was when they buried the guy in the casket after the "occult expert" makes a mark on his forehead with chicken blood--yet the camera shows no mark when he's in the casket! I hope this show is cancelled soon, to make room for something more believable.

I'm completely new to this site ... found it when I Googled "Extreme Paranormal" which is on now, and so fake I had to find out what others were saying about it. I think "Ghost Hunters" is probably the most authentic, mostly because it's so boring, with "Paranormal State" questionable but probably 50% real. "Extreme Paranormal" is so phony I can't imagine anybody swallowing it. One of the most obvious glitches in this episode was when they buried the guy in the casket after the "occult expert" makes a mark on his forehead with chicken blood--yet the camera shows no mark when he's in the casket! I hope this show is cancelled soon, to make room for something more believable.

I noticed that too. Pretty much immediately!! As for this show not lasting long (as I read in a previous post) It will only last as long as people watch it. Thus giving it ratings. I would love to watch a taping of this show and see how it gets edited. That to me would be more entertaining than the actual show.

I noticed that too. Pretty much immediately!! As for this show not lasting long (as I read in a previous post) It will only last as long as people watch it. Thus giving it ratings. I would love to watch a taping of this show and see how it gets edited. That to me would be more entertaining than the actual show.

i've watched the first few episodes....and while somewhat entertaining, i find it insulting to real paranormal investigators. there are too many editing tricks and too many EXTREME evps to really believe anything they capture. the lake episode where "something tried to pull him under" was almost as insulting as the halloween special of ghost hunters where grant was pulling the string in his pocket to make his collar move.

Edited by Grape Soda

Despite how obiously EXTREME-ly fake it is, I am pretty sure that there are some people who believe the show is real.

Despite how obiously EXTREME-ly fake it is, I am pretty sure that there are some people who believe the show is real.

that makes me sad to think that....

Well based on this thread when I saw it on during the weekend I decided to watch it. Pretty much agree with everyone else that it's fake, disrespectful, and stupid. Although I did have a lot of fun adding my own dialog.

"Look a hand print. Did you touch the tree?"

"No I didn't. My hand print would have been EXTREME!"

:D

I agree with everyone. I made myself sit through one episode and found it insulting to the viewers intelligence.

I don't know what's a bigger load of garbage: this, or Paranormal State.

Paranormal State is just an awful show. It's pretty clear that it's scripted, or that there's at least a lot of camera editing and manipulation. Look at the episode "I Am Six" (the one where they perform the exorcism). What a load of crap.

OK, now, as far as Extreme Paranormal goes... this show is not so much scripted so much as it is just blatantly fake. I would guess 30% (maybe even more) of the dialog is added in AFTER the show is taped. There are so many times during an episode when it's clear that the individual didn't say anything at the time, but that the dialog was added in during post-production. It's truly remarkable how frequently it happens.

Also, the number of times an unexplainable camera angle pops up is just mind-blowing. A guy is supposedly sitting by himself in a room, and yet we're getting 6 different views of him. That's pretty impressive. I guess the ghosts have cameras too, and are lending A&E the film. Even if there is a camera crew with them and that's not a surprise, there are still times when there are more camera angles than there should be (which suggests multiple takes).

Both shows are complete and utter garbage. Both severely bastardize the work of people who put in legitimate paranormal research.

this show is so pathetic. I've never seen worse. whoever writes this **** is dumb. i think that paranormal state is pretty fake too and ghost hunters is ok..but has anyone seen the ghost adventures movie? i think that might be the best since they tried to prove their evidence in most ways and there was some sick **** in that movie. but then they made the show and that dude zach is some douche toolbox now

I don't know what's a bigger load of garbage: this, or Paranormal State.

Paranormal State is just an awful show. It's pretty clear that it's scripted, or that there's at least a lot of camera editing and manipulation. Look at the episode "I Am Six" (the one where they perform the exorcism). What a load of crap.

OK, now, as far as Extreme Paranormal goes... this show is not so much scripted so much as it is just blatantly fake. I would guess 30% (maybe even more) of the dialog is added in AFTER the show is taped. There are so many times during an episode when it's clear that the individual didn't say anything at the time, but that the dialog was added in during post-production. It's truly remarkable how frequently it happens.

Also, the number of times an unexplainable camera angle pops up is just mind-blowing. A guy is supposedly sitting by himself in a room, and yet we're getting 6 different views of him. That's pretty impressive. I guess the ghosts have cameras too, and are lending A&E the film. Even if there is a camera crew with them and that's not a surprise, there are still times when there are more camera angles than there should be (which suggests multiple takes).

Both shows are complete and utter garbage. Both severely bastardize the work of people who put in legitimate paranormal research.

I watch Paranormal State just to laugh at Chip (I know, it's not nice of me)and Ryan. It's entertainment for me, and not at all what I would consider "real". Just fun TV that sometimes makes me roll my eyes and entertains.

this show is so pathetic. I've never seen worse. whoever writes this **** is dumb. i think that paranormal state is pretty fake too and ghost hunters is ok..but has anyone seen the ghost adventures movie? i think that might be the best since they tried to prove their evidence in most ways and there was some sick **** in that movie. but then they made the show and that dude zach is some douche toolbox now

Zach is funny. He's hyperspastic and I LOVE when he screams like a girl and bosses everyone around.

I think they`s guys are F---ING WITH SOMTHING THEY DON`T KNOW ABOUT and there going to get ZIPPED BIG TIME by something BAD youknow hahahaha