Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Venezuela Blames Obama for attacking Haiti [merged]

TRUEYOUTRUEME

LOL i was not suggesting that this method (or any other for that matter), was the cause of the recent disaster. i was just showing you that there is technology out there that can simulate an earthquake.

that, and after what marabod has already said, shows that this may be theoretically possible. that's all.

Yes but blowing up a desert to simulate an earthquake is a far far cry from an Earthquake Weapon. That's all I'm saying.

We can all agree that the notion that United States using an Earthquake Weapon on Haiti is crazy talk on many different levels.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• Cadetak

• SolarPlexus

• danielost

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Copy and paste this: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133083

If that doesn't work for you the basics is that a joint operation between Israel, US department of defense, and Miami University take tons of explosives into the dessert and blow it up underground...which simulates an 'earthquake'. They are doing this in the pursuit of earthquake science and they do it in Israel because the interest is in Middle Eastern seismic activity however hopeful findings from the experiment would be applied to helping predict earthquakes before they happen and stuff of that nature.

thanks again cadetak

Yes but blowing up a desert to simulate an earthquake is a far far cry from an Earthquake Weapon. That's all I'm saying.

We can all agree that the notion that United States using an Earthquake Weapon on Haiti is crazy talk on many different levels.

Just a month or so ago we were discussing BBC article here about a Swiss geologist who was doing "hot rock drilling" on enhanced depth, hoping to find abiotic oil in Switzerland - and this work is believed to have caused 4.5 magnitude earthquake, so his license was recalled. He only had a bore, no explosives at all.

Just a month or so ago we were discussing BBC article here about a Swiss geologist who was doing "hot rock drilling" on enhanced depth, hoping to find abiotic oil in Switzerland - and this work is believed to have caused 4.5 magnitude earthquake, so his license was recalled. He only had a bore, no explosives at all.

Yes okay but that is also a far cry from an Earthquake Weapon. If somebody wants to show that the U.S. was putting explosives or drilling big holes in Haiti then we could deal...but since that won't happen an Earthquake Weapon would compose of creating a pinpoint earthquake from many many miles away.

Yes okay but that is also a far cry from an Earthquake Weapon. If somebody wants to show that the U.S. was putting explosives or drilling big holes in Haiti then we could deal...but since that won't happen an Earthquake Weapon would compose of creating a pinpoint earthquake from many many miles away.

Theoretically it may be not necessary to disturb these hot rocks on the fault line physically! It may well be enough to disturb them remotedly, for example with an infra-sound pulse or a magnetic/electromagnetic pulse. Once again, returning to the avalanche example - one can throw a penny and trigger it.

Cade - I do not mean we can "create" an earthquake. They are "created" naturally due to the expansion/contraction of the deep layers following their heating/cooling; contraction creates cavities under ground, and then their ceiling layer collapses under gravity. Or they are caused by the platform movements. I am only saying about TRIGGERING them prematurely.

By the way this possibly can be done with a special "gun". A small nuclear charge can be placed at the bottom of the angled shaft, pointing towards the target, and then sealed by massive amount of heavy boulders and concrete. The underground explosion would have at least 1/2 of its shockwave directed inside the mantle, and the mantle is a liquid - so the shock pulse would hit the "enemy" from underneath the tectonic plate, triggering the existing cavities in the area to collapse.

Cade - I do not mean we can "create" an earthquake. They are "created" naturally due to the expansion/contraction of the deep layers following their heating/cooling; contraction creates cavities under ground, and then their ceiling layer collapses under gravity. Or they are caused by the platform movements. I am only saying about TRIGGERING them prematurely.

Ahh okay I see what you mean. That's a much more likely scenerio theoretically speaking...however kind of impractical ain't it? Because you would only be able to trigger a quake on locations near fault lines that are near close to quaking. Also you would somehow need to be able to pinpoint the location so you can hit the city or base you need leveled.

However we are still well within the realms of science fiction here.

Also isn't the weapon only good for like two or three attacks and then everybody would catch on that you had an Earthquake Weapon? Because of this and considering the fact we have more destructive and more reliable weapons available there doesn't seem to be much practicality in a earthquake weapon.

Edited by Cadetak

Ahh okay I see what you mean. That's a much more likely scenerio theoretically speaking...however kind of impractical ain't it? Because you would only be able to trigger a quake on locations near fault lines that are near close to quaking. Also you would somehow need to be able to pinpoint the location so you can hit the city or base you need leveled.

However we are still well within the realms of science fiction here.

Also isn't the weapon only good for like two or three attacks and then everybody would catch on that you had an Earthquake Weapon? Because of this and considering the fact we have more destructive and more reliable weapons available there doesn't seem to be much practicality in a earthquake weapon.

Fault lines are numerous! Iran is also located on at least one. And China has several.

Yes, during peace time it is easy to get caught - but if a war starts such weapon would be easy to use, who cares hiding? Seismic weapon has advantages before the nukes, as they are ecologically benevolent, cheap and easier to deliver.

Fault lines are numerous! Iran is also located on at least one. And China has several.

Yes, during peace time it is easy to get caught - but if a war starts such weapon would be easy to use, who cares hiding? Seismic weapon has advantages before the nukes, as they are ecologically benevolent, cheap and easier to deliver.

Yeah but not every fault line is great enough to cause an earthquake big enough to cause significant damage.

When Iraq suddenly gets hit by huge odd earthquakes and then Iran does and then N. Korea and then so on somebody is going catch on rather quickly no matter what. The point of an earthquake weapon would seem to be passing off an attack as a normal environmental disaster.

Wouldn't forcing earthquakes also cause environmental problems? We have other things then nukes we can blow crap up without leaving a perminent environmental scar on the place.

Yeah but not every fault line is great enough to cause an earthquake big enough to cause significant damage.

When Iraq suddenly gets hit by huge odd earthquakes and then Iran does and then N. Korea and then so on somebody is going catch on rather quickly no matter what. The point of an earthquake weapon would seem to be passing off an attack as a normal environmental disaster.

Wouldn't forcing earthquakes also cause environmental problems? We have other things then nukes we can blow crap up without leaving a perminent environmental scar on the place.

For Iran it is very hard to prove the source of such attack without boosting the fears of USA among the population - and these fears alone would undermine islamic government, which the locals would see mad because it chose an enemy of such capabilities. Iran cannot respond, it can only lament. Of course some China can then whack USA and also pretend nothing happened. If they have this weapon too, and this is possible given the numbers of Chinese scientists in USA. Its like toddlers in the sand, enough for one to start throwing it.

N Korea is immune, if such thing happens they would simply wipe off Guam and Okinawa. No one would ever touch it.

marabod I hope you're not actually suggesting that the US has such a weapon. While the ability to set off earthquakes is theoretically possible, so is faster than light travel. Doesn't mean the technology is there and in use. Plus even if the US had this magical doomsday weapon why would it be used against Haiti of all places?

This was a natural disaster, end of story.

marabod I hope you're not actually suggesting that the US has such a weapon. While the ability to set off earthquakes is theoretically possible, so is faster than light travel. Doesn't mean the technology is there and in use. Plus even if the US had this magical doomsday weapon why would it be used against Haiti of all places?

I agree. People seem to be willing to go to any length to make the US look bad...

Russia in 1999 made a semi-official claim of possessing such weapon and having used it against Turkey! This was on the level of one radical MP who is still sitting there and is one of vice-speakers. Georgia claims having been attacked with this weapon recently. If so, why US cannot have it?

I do not want to speculate why Haiti, as this would be really not serious at the moment, but the possibility of this weapon existing I would put at 80%.

Really? Sorry but I don't believe it for a second. I put earthquake weapon up there with ray guns and mind control beams. Frankly I just don't see the point of it. Strikes me as a grossly ineffective weapon that would cost more than any benefits.

Really? Sorry but I don't believe it for a second. I put earthquake weapon up there with ray guns and mind control beams. Frankly I just don't see the point of it. Strikes me as a grossly ineffective weapon that would cost more than any benefits.

US claimed having ray guns in 1970s; the person whom I know was used as an inductor in KGB tests of mind control apparatus and I am aware of some details about the machine, also in 1970s... It was a frequency-modulated electromagnetic emitter, called to achieve resonance state with the target's brain electromagnetic waves. The inductor-extrasens was generating the frequencies directly in the device before the amplifier. This is all in science fiction BECAUSE the authors were hearing rumors about such experiments OR their fantasy was generating the idea of such experiment, later used by secret services. TV and electric motor submarine for Jules Verne also were a part of fantasy not that long ago.

a ray gun would also be known as a laser weapon which we do have. i know the soviets tried mind control but i don't think that idea would ever work, above a strong suggestion.

a ray gun would also be known as a laser weapon which we do have. i know the soviets tried mind control but i don't think that idea would ever work, above a strong suggestion.

LOL - if the mind control machine worked, they would've been still in power! And if the ray gun worked, US would've been ruling the planet alone. But these things exist, be them in the phase of development, not of practical use, they are not a fantasy but a technical novelty. Same as climatic weapon and seismic weapon. As we say "there is no smoke without a fire", so we hear of them one way or another. And not from conspiracy theoretists - from politicians and presidents.

So if the US or other countries have an earthquake weapon why aren't they ruling the world? For that matter if countries know so much about how earthquakes work then why are there not warning systems or the like in order to prevent domestic damages from earthquakes?

Unless we have clear proof of such a weapon it will remain in the area of conspiracy.

So if the US or other countries have an earthquake weapon why aren't they ruling the world? For that matter if countries know so much about how earthquakes work then why are there not warning systems or the like in order to prevent domestic damages from earthquakes?

Unless we have clear proof of such a weapon it will remain in the area of conspiracy.

In the current case what Chavez says seems to be based on the bogus evidence, such as unnamed report from Russian Northern Fleet. But this is one issue, while the existence of such weapon is another issue. Seismic weapon hardly can by itself allow to rule the world, as it lacks the scale of application the nuclear weapons have.

• 4 weeks later...

hugo chavez is anti-american, yes.... but its not the first time someone mentioned an "earthquake weapon"..... actually tesla had a patent (Tesla's_oscillator) with which he caused tremors on manhattan back in 1900's .... tesla died in a NY hotel room so i guess they took his research and send maybe 10% to serbia

i have a bachelor degree in geology (belgrade geological academy) and an 8 in endodynamics so i can say this idea is theoretically possible..

And scalar wave weapons are practically a reality - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System

I was going to mention Scalar resonance weaponry too, which would be able to do these things. I doubt the U.S. is actively using such a weapon, but the possibility of us having it is rather high. /Giggles./ With Russia claiming one, and Georgia claiming to have been hit, would it be a far stretch for Russia to have caused this one to get the U.S. blamed? That was a joke. . . I've gotten flagged by people who thought I've been serious about these silly notions before.

As far as physics and earth endodynamics is concerned, everything has a resonating frequency. from a fork to a tectonic element. I guess there is at least two methods to induce tremors - through a resonating frequency of a mechanical device (teslas oscillator base design) or a directed scalar instrument (with surgical precision)

I would like to remind that in 48 hours after the eartquake, 10 000 soldiers arrived on Haiti. ...

....The international effort to deliver humanitarian aid to the victims of last week's Port-au-Prince earthquake was hit by bickering today as a French government minister accused the Americans of trying to occupy Haiti instead of helping it.

Thousands of American soldiers have poured in to Port-au-Prince airport since President Obama announced that he was ordering a "swift and aggressive" campaign to help millions of Haitians left homeless by last week's 7.0 magnitude earthquake.

Six days after the quake, however, precious little aid is getting beyond the airport perimeters - largely because of security concerns - and aid agencies with long experience of operating in disaster zones have complained that their flights in are being blocked unnecessarily.

Among the aircraft turned back by American air traffic controllers who have assumed control at Port-au-Prince airport was a French government Airbus carrying a field hospital....

(http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6992809.ece)

Have the Haitians been violent at all in this? It was my understanding that they've actually been calmer than anyone whose gone through an earthquake is expected to have any right to be, actually. . . I mean, violence isn't the only reason to use soldiers for relief efforts, they're trained to handle horrific circumstances, but I don't know that "security" issues should come up this time. No one intends to do any more damage to Haiti,

Regan was an idiot :rolleyes:As far as Chaves, I have no words for this foolishness :no:

it would be easier for us to build a deathstar than make an earthquake