Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What IS the Alaskan HAARP?

StarLord

I'm sorry, does that mean that you guessed that the Govt. / people that built the array put together that site you have asked me whether or not I bothered to have read? Was that a yes or no Expandmymind? Did you also bother to answer if you believe everything you are handed on the telly and from "official" spouts?

<snip>

Lastly expandmymind, are you old enough and well versed enough in science to appreciate the uber irony of energy companies telling people that it's ok and safe to live close by High Tension Towers?? You know, like official statements and findings from the people who run annual open day events regarding your electricity?

if not from the actual source, can i ask you where exactly you expect to find reliable information about this subject?

have you even checked out their site? i'm guessing you refuse to check it out on the basis that you have read conspiracies about it. it's quite obvious by your apparent lack of trust in regards to anything that they say or do.

so i'll ask again, if not from the actual source, where exactly do you expect to find any reliable information with regards to haarp? i'm guessing you would be more inclined to believe hear-say and rumours than to believe anything they say. which in itself, says all we need to know about where you're coming from.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StarLord

• The Silver Thong

• Farmer77

• ExpandMyMind

I dont want to interfere here but that link is the US governments site, It has all the information if you look thru the links within, I do not know what more you are looking for, No other sites are going say its all a mass weapon of destruction and if they did im sure the US gov. has dealt with them, That link is the US Gov. homepage,

You hit the nail right on the head. It's more then obvious that site is published by the govt.

if not from the actual source, can i ask you where exactly you expect to find reliable information about this subject?

From people that have a scientific foundation from university would be the obvious choice.

have you even checked out their site? i'm guessing you refuse to check it out on the basis that you have read conspiracies about it.

Wow, that's two strikes against you, wrong on both guesses. Carefull the next pitch may be a curve ball.

What you may have missed is the fact that the wording is more then obvious that it's written BY the Govt. Which means, that in order to have figured that out, I would have had to have read that site.

it's quite obvious by your apparent lack of trust in regards to anything that they say or do.

And? While I appreciate your zeal in helping me with your gestalt of what you suspect my motives may be, you are not helping.

so i'll ask again, if not from the actual source, where exactly do you expect to find any reliable information with regards to haarp? i'm guessing you would be more inclined to believe hear-say and rumours than to believe anything they say. which in itself, says all we need to know about where you're coming from.

Thank you for asking that. Do you have a degree in Electrical Engineering? Do you have a Masters in Science? Do you have a degree in Physics? Are you familiar with phased arrays and or Scalar technology?. Do you have anything of value to add to the veracity of their claims other then an opinion on my actions and motives and your guesses?

Scalar technology is pretty wild stuff there has been a thread or two on it in the past (yrs ago) might have to go have a look see.

Scalar technology is pretty wild stuff there has been a thread or two on it in the past (yrs ago) might have to go have a look see.

Agreed, However, someone with an actual degree in science would be able to put a handle on it. I'm not even sure if that particular moniker fits the HAARP array.

God forbid I mention that word Scalar and be accused of not being smart enough to post in the conspiracy or pseudo science section of UM...

I have a B.A.Sc. in Engineering Physics, and should very shortly have an M.Sc. in Physics.

I do not specialize in atmospheric or plasma physics. However:

• The EM radiation that HAARP is capable of generating, based on the pictures of it's antennae arrays is not capable of being used to affect the Earth's crust or used as a coherent weapon.
  • The placement of HAARP is logical if you believe it is designed to study the Aurora. It is in the boondocks because it needs to be well clear of interfering signals from urban electronics. It is in Alaska because that is the only place in the US where the Aurora Borealis is.
  • I suppose it is remotely possible for HAARP to have military purpose; either detection of missiles, aircraft, or satellites, or perhaps interfering with missiles, aircraft, or satellites. However if that is the case why did they put it in Alaska, basically pointing at the Russians, after the threat of the USSR was over?
  • One of my best friends in the Physics department studies the Aurora/ionosphere with an incoherent scatter radar array. It resembles the pictures of the HAARP radar arrays, but it is much smaller and uses much less power.

I will ask some of the ionospheric people in the department about the research produced by HAARP tomorrow at lunch.

I will ask some of the ionospheric people in the department about the research produced by HAARP tomorrow at lunch.

That would be very cool. I don't get into this stuff anymore but I'm always willing to read about it. Thx

I have a B.A.Sc. in Engineering Physics, and should very shortly have an M.Sc. in Physics.

• The EM radiation that HAARP is capable of generating, based on the pictures of it's antennae arrays is not capable of being used to affect the Earth's crust or used as a coherent weapon.
  • The placement of HAARP is logical if you believe it is designed to study the Aurora. It is in the boondocks because it needs to be well clear of interfering signals from urban electronics. It is in Alaska because that is the only place in the US where the Aurora Borealis is.
  • I suppose it is remotely possible for HAARP to have military purpose; either detection of missiles, aircraft, or satellites, or perhaps interfering with missiles, aircraft, or satellites. However if that is the case why did they put it in Alaska, basically pointing at the Russians, after the threat of the USSR was over?
  • One of my best friends in the Physics department studies the Aurora/ionosphere with an incoherent scatter radar array. It resembles the pictures of the HAARP radar arrays, but it is much smaller and uses much less power.

I can't wait to hear some professional opinions on this. I will say in response to your post however that while the HAARP program officially began in 1990, locals in Gakona and the surrounding area will tell you that construction for the site began in the mid 1980's at the height of the cold war and I can tell you from experience that the Russians continued encroachment into Alaskan airspace for years after the wall fell and the game of chicken never really stopped, just slowed down.

Sepulchrave,

That's positively Brilliant and could not be more spot on!

Thank You!

Alright, I talked with some of the radar guys. They didn't have any direct experience with HAARP but they knew a few things about it. One of them uses incoherent radar to study the aurora, and has a radar array just outside of town that is qualitatively the same as HAARPs array (bunch of metal sticks poking out of the ground hooked up to a large modulated power supply) although obviously smaller and less powerful.

So here's the deal as I understand it:

• HAARP actively stimulates the ionosphere and measures the response. I guess it is this `active stimulation' which people interpret as mind/weather/earthquake control. I have no idea how ionospheric E&M radiation would do any of that (or rather, I'm pretty positive it wouldn't), and as a physicist I can assure you that measuring the impulse response of a system is very useful in trying to understand the dynamics of that system. So the cover story seems legit.
  • HAARP routinely publishes peer-reviewed scientific papers. I Google'd two of them: Inan, U.S. et al., Geophysical Research Letters, 31 24805 (2004), and Pedersen, T. R. et al., Geophysical Research Letters, 30(4) 1169 (2003). They seem to be conventional scientific publications. So even if HAARP is someone used for nefarious purposes, the military/whatever must keep a bunch of physicists and grad students around to do boring research to maintain the cover story.
  • HAARP isn't even the first facility to pump energy into the ionosphere. EISCAT also contains ionospheric heating apparatus (lower energy and shorter range than HAARP, but basically the same deal). So if HAARP is some sort of doomsday weapon the Norwegians also have one.

All this seems too much work just to cover up a secret weapons testing facility. Its not like the US doesn't have any secretive facilities (say, Area 51?) that everyone knows about.

Edited by sepulchrave

That's some awesome searching sepulchrave!!

Thank you very much for your time and effort in this.

So, what are the nefarious aspects of HAARP being based on other then plain ignorance of science?

• 2 weeks later...

Look under the Russian Woodpecker. This is yet another type of climate control device they say is a research device but history channel had a program on war tatics and weapons that could be possible to be used by the military as willing natural disasters to use as war tatics and controling populations. what do you think ? Any one else seen this ?

...or you know.. Haiti is on the carrabean faultline and it did what all fault lines do.. Move...

*facepalms* Gods does everything natural that happens have to be thought of as some weapon? Are we really that paranoid?

...or you know.. Haiti is on the carrabean faultline and it did what all fault lines do.. Move...

*facepalms* Gods does everything natural that happens have to be thought of as some weapon? Are we really that paranoid?

No, it isn't always seekrit weapons. Sometimes it is magik or aliens.

:P

Nibs

No, it isn't always seekrit weapons. Sometimes it is magik or aliens.

:P

Nibs

Damned them Wizarding Aliens!