Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

YUMMY,YUMMY...I GOT FOOD IN MY TUMMY....:D

cluey

ok.......i noticed the other day that becky's mum was wanting some food idea's and recipes......so i don't know if there is a thread like this already.....if so just merge please...........but i might also add.......as soon as my kids had any teeth.......they where fed this kind of food......just like i was.....so anything i add.........is what we eat on a daily basis.............i found the best way......is to get them to help with the cooking process......and i does become a great activity to share............here are some of my favorites...........

SWEET CHILLI CHICKEN WITH CASHEWS!!!!!!

700g single chicken breast fillets,sliced thinly

1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander

2 birds eye chilli's(obviously this is a lot......but something sambal olek...like 1/3 teaspoon i find is pleanty)but my kids like a bit of spice,lol

1 tablespoon sesame oil

1 clove of garlic crushed

2 tablespoons of peanut oil

1/3 cup rice vinegar

1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce

1 tablespoon of lime juice

3/4 cup cashew nuts,toasted

1 cup of snow pea sprouts

combine~chicken,coriander,chilli,sesame oil and garlic in bowl,refrigerate 3 hours or overnight

heat~peanut oil in wok or large fry pan,stir fry chicken mixture,in batches...until browned and cooked through

return~chicken mixture to wok with vinegar,sauce,juice...stir fry till sauce boils...add cashews,stir fry tossing until combined.Remove wok from heat,gently toss sprouts with chicken mixture.

as this is really quick and easy.......i start steaming(or you can boil)the rice while i cook..........all up takes about 15 mins..........

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cluey

• Beckys_Mom

• tigger

• The Silver Thong

maccaroni & cheese (the nice version):

macaroni (cooked in the sauspan)

tinned tomatoes

chopped onions

mature cheese (cube it)

all in a caserole dish (with the pasta) and stir to mix it a lil' bit

then put it in the oven and cook it until the cheese has melted and it looks delicious.

so much nicer than the crappy ones in the super markets with cream cheese <_<

now i think about it... i wish i had some :(

someone find the recipe for pancakes!

or kfc chicken, or mcdonalds burgers, or cadburys chocolate :D

Edited by Dr Alien

I get nice, cold glass of 2% milk (cow milk) then i put in some Ness-quick chocolate powder and stir, the i put in hershey's chocolate syrup till the glass rises about half an inch, and i put in some swiss-miss choclate mix and stir. After about 2 minutes of good stiring I've got myself some triple-chocolate milk, or as i call it "have the ambulence on standby"

PEPPERED PRAWNS WITH LEEK!!!

1 medium leek

500g uncooked prawns

2 tablespoons of vegetable oil

1 clove of garlic

1 tablespoon fish sauce

1 teaspoon brown sugar

1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper

2 tablespoons if finely chopped coriander

cut~leek into roughly 3cm pieces,cook in large pan of uncovered water until tender...drain

you can shell the prawns or buy them already done........leaving tails on....de-vein ...flatten slightly

heat~oil in large pan or wok with garlic for about 2mins...add sauce,sugar and pepper.....until prawns change colour.......then simply lay in dish on top of leeks and sprinkle with coriander.......

again....just do rice at the same time.......

fried rice

best to use frozen rice

put some vegetable oil in a frying pan

microwave your frozen rice until ready

put your rice in the frying pan and fry it a bit

put some soya sauce into it and start mixing until most of your rice is brown.

you can also add other things like peas and my favourite, onions. just be a bit creative. if you make it right, you won't need to go to a takeaway anymore to have any :tu:

Edited by Dr Alien

Ok my recipe is a little complicated so I made this video to explain it better.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FaadfxSkDYA

:P

rofl.gif.......you never fail to disappoint do you..................that's up there with that special friend one you showed me,lol

Edited by cluey

I love this recipe...........my mum makes it all the time............

SALMON AND ASPARAGUS(OR YOU CAN CRAB MEAT...TINNED OR FRESH)TART OR PIE....WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT!!

pastry~1 cup plain flour

1.4 tsp salt

1 1/2 tbs of butter

1 egg lightly beaten

1 tbs of cold water

10gms plain flour extra

FILLING

180gms canned red salmon..or fresh....drained and flaked

1 tsp of lemon juice

4 eggs lightly beaten

3/4 cup of buttermilk

1 tbs of fresh dill,chopped

12 spears of fresh asparagus.....or buy canned or fresh crab meat

sift flour and salt into a bowl,rub butter into mixture with fingers...till it resembles fine bread crumbs

stir in the egg adding cold water to form a dough......knead and wrap in gease proof paper and chill for 30 mins

using extra flour roll out pastry and line a 20cm flan tin...set aside in fridge...pre heat over to 200c

in medium bowl combine salmon,lemon juice,eggs,milk and dill...pour into pastry case

if using asparagus......arrange on the top bake for 45-50 mins...until set or brown on top.......

bergers are great too....as long as you use fresh ingredients .....it's all still healthy and so easy to do........thumbsup.gif

CHICKEN IN PLUM SAUCE WITH FETTUCCINE!!!!!

1 1/2 tbs of olive oil

1 medium onion

1/2 red capsicum...cut into strips

900gms chicken breast fillets cut into fine strips

1/2 cup of plum sauce

1 tbs cumin powder

2 cups of snow peas

1 cup of bean sprouts

3 cups of cooked fettuccine

heat~oil in pan and stir fry onion and capsicum for 2 mins

add chicken and continue for 3-4 mins...until brown all over

add plum sauce to the chicken....then stir cumin and veges...stir to combine...reduce heat simmer for 4-5 mins

then simply serve on top of 1/3 of fettuccine for each plate...................make a salad if you want too...............

rofl.gif.......you never fail to disappoint do you..................that's up there with that special friend one you showed me,lol

I'm not sure how to take that :blink::P

I'm going to take that as a typo lol

Edited by The Silver Thong

I'm not sure how to take that :blink::P

I'm going to take that as a typo lol

no typo's here baby,lol.....my spell checkers working just fine..........w00t.gif

I love cooking this for dinner or lunch...........

MARINATED LAMB CHOPS WITH SALAD AND BAKED POTATOES!!!!

this is so easy......

buy however many lamb chops you like.......and i cheat.lol......i buy marinate in a jar.....usually smokey BBQ.....or whatever one you like

put chops in baking dish and cover with marinate and put in fridge for a few hours

an hour or so before you want to eat....put over on to 180c......wash potatoes leave skin on........stab a few times with a folk.....wrap in foil...put in oven............

do salad a bit before potatoes are ready......put in fridge...

then when potatoes are ready.....put grill on and cook chops(takes about 10 mins)

when chops are ready...take potatoes out of oven.....un wrap......cut open with knife......put butter and salt in side

i usually put it all on plates and everyone helps themselves...............very yummy.....we eat this with out fingers(chops anyway)...........

Chicken Pot Pie...Pennsylvania Dutch Style ;)

Pot Pie Squares (the noodles)

3 cups flour

1 large egg

1 T. vegetable shortening

1/2 to 3/4 cup water

Preparation -

Mix the flour, egg, and shortening together. Knead this dough mixture, while alternately adding small amounts of water until the dough holds together well. Divide the dough into two or three pieces. Roll each piece to about 1/8" thick on a floured board. Cut the rolled out dough into squares - about 2 inches to 2-1/2 inches wide. Allow the freshly made pot pie noodle squares to dry for about 30 minutes or more before cooking. (In some places you can find actual pot pie squares ready made in the spaghetti aisle..much easier, but they don't taste as good)

The Stew

Three to four cups of shredded chicken or turkey leftovers can be used instead of a whole stewing chicken. When using leftovers, add a couple of cans of chicken broth to the water.

1 - 3 lb. stewing chicken

2 quarts water

5 medium potatoes - peeled and cut into bite size chunks

2 cups chopped celery

1 small onion - chopped

1/2 cup finely diced carrots

1 T. dried parsley

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

Preparation -

Cook the chicken in water until tender. Remove the chicken from the broth and separate the meat from the bones and skin. Cut or shred the cooked chicken into bite size pieces. Meanwhile, add the vegetables and seasonings to the simmering broth. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, then add the pot pie squares to the broth mixture, a few at a time, stirring frequently so they don't stick together. After all have been added, cook gently for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the noodles are tender.

Add the cut up chicken and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Cover, and let stand for a few minutes before serving.

It feeds a crowd and is very filling. It's great on cold days and the leftovers always taste better the second day. :tu:

cool.....that sounds yummmm.....but iv'e never heard of pot pie squares.............god damn i hate this different country lingo,lol.......i have no doubt we have them......just under a different name....cheers!!!!

LOL.....now my sweet tooth is kicking in...............................

APPLE CRUMBLE!!!

5 cooking apples

3 cloves

1/2 fresh orange juice......if from the bottle.....make sure no sugar added

1/2 plain flour

1 1/2 tbs butter or margarine

90gms un toasted muesli

2 tbs raw sugar

pre heat oven to 180c...spray a medium oven proof dish with cooking oil

peel,core and slice the apples...place in oven dish with juice and cloves

place flour in bowl and rub butter in

stir in muesli and sugar...sprinkle mixture over apples and bake in oven for about an hour....until brown......

serve with fruit flavoured yoghurt or ice cream...............

BREAD AND JAM PUDDING!!!!!!!!

4 cups of milk

4 eggs

1tbs of vanilla essence

4 slices of fruit bread

2tbs of strawberry jam

cinnamon to taste

pre-heat oven to 180c....spray 4 individual oven proof dishes with non-stick cooking spray

combine the milk,eggs,sugar and essence in a mixing bowl...beat until frothy...pour evenly into prepared dishes......

spread both sides of beard with jam...cut into cubes

spread evenly onto the egg mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon

pour 1cm of water into a large baking pan and place the dishes inside

bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until puddings are set...serve hot!!!!!!

this is my grandmothers recipe .......she gave me 2 variations

ANZAC BISCUITS!!!!!!!(THIS IS A TRADITIONAL AUSTRALIAN BISCUIT.....THAT MOTHERS AND WIVES MADE TO SEND TO OUT TROOPS WHILST IN GALLIPOLI!!!! Gallipoli campaign

1 cup coconut

1 cup sugar

1 cup rolled oats

3/4 cup plain flour..........mix together

1 egg

melt 1/4 lb of butter

1 teaspoon honey

1 teaspoon bi-carb soda(baking soda)

1 teaspoon boiling water........mix together

pour c-soda and water into butter and honey and mix with dry ingredients.....mix well

cook 15-20 minutes oven 180c or 350f

leave 5 to cool on rack

she put a note at the bottom.........i some times use S.R flour and 1 egg instead plain flour,carb soda and boiling water........

I love this dish.......and my family always ask me to make it when we get together for lunch......

it doesn't have a name,lol......

I'll call it creamy potatoes!!!!!!!

you don't have to peel the potatoes either.....your choice.........and it depends how many you have to feed as to how many potatoes you use.....the next day is even better once it's soaked in the cream over night.........i don't cook this a lot as it is very fattening.......and i don't want to clog my arteries......

8 potatoes

600ml carton of pure cream

as many cups of tasty cheese as you like

salt to taste

cracked pepper if you like

challots are nice sprinkled on top as you serve too

thin slices of bacon are also nice to add to this dish....

cut potatoes not to thin not to thick

fill a large baking dish...not too full....3/4 maybe

pour all the cream over......make sure it covers properly

put in 160-170c oven for an hour

put cheese on and bake till melted

let cool for 5-10 mins......gets very hot

i usually let people put there own amount of salt on

you can make this to go with many dishes..................

Edited by cluey

I get nice, cold glass of 2% milk (cow milk) then i put in some Ness-quick chocolate powder and stir, the i put in hershey's chocolate syrup till the glass rises about half an inch, and i put in some swiss-miss choclate mix and stir. After about 2 minutes of good stiring I've got myself some triple-chocolate milk, or as i call it "have the ambulence on standby"

lmao!!!!....all i can picture is that episode from the simpsons when bart has the pure syrup from the slushy machine,lol..................

CHICKEN IN PLUM SAUCE WITH FETTUCCINE!!!!!

I'm totally gonna try this next week. Sounds really good!

it doesn't have a name,lol......

I'll call it creamy potatoes!!!!!!!

In the USA, we call these Scalloped Potatoes. In the UK, I've always heard them called Potato Pennies. LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell

I'm totally gonna try this next week. Sounds really good!

In the USA, we call these Scalloped Potatoes. In the UK, I've always heard them called Potato Pennies. LOL

lol..........i have heard that too.............im big on cream dishes,lol............love my fatty foods.........i put my own kinda spin to it.......the creamier the better.......and i just love fresh ground sea salt on it......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......i make my garlic prawn dish like that too............1/2 class of white wine......lots of cream..........................saru....you need to have an icon that's licking it's lips....laugh.gif

i will add more recipes every day....i have soooo many..............my daughter just turned 4.....but i remember going to yum cha for my b/day when she was 1....she only just had 4 teeth......and she was sitting in her high chair........there was about 20 of us.......and she was happily chewing her deep fried squid...and anything that was put in front of her,lol.......she threw a tantrum while out shopping a while back...we passed the fish monger....and she saw all the king prawns......and she was like...........please mummy...please.....i want some.......then continued to throw her on the floor upset i wouldn't buy some for her...............my kids will eat fish,calamari,prawns.........literally anything thats tasty........that's what i have tried to instill in them.....the flavor of the food........god knows what my b/f use to eat before he met me,lol.......he has learnt to appreciate fine food.....he took me to lunch yesterday.......we had rack of lamb and a garlic prawn dish...some breads and sulsa and dips.....and a nice bottle of wine..........as you can tell...i do love my food....cool.gif

Edited by cluey