Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Users online list update

Saru

A few minor changes have been made to the site and forum today, these are mainly focused around improving the users online list on the board index that provides a real time view of how many people are active on the forums.

Up until now the users list was only able to show users who were on the actual forum pages, as of today the list will also be able to show users who are accessing other pages of the site as well. In addition to this the length of time users are shown on the list has been increased and a group legend has been added underneath so that visitors can see what the different group colours represent, clicking on a group name will produce a list of everyone in that group.

In practical terms what these changes do is make it easier to check at a glance who was recently active on the site, if you are looking for someone specific on the users online list you can also order the names alphabetically by clicking "(show by) member name" above it. Ordering by "last click" will return it to the default setting. Hovering your mouse over a user on the list will bring up the time at which they were last active i.e. the time they last clicked on a page, posted or performed an action on the site.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• _Nyx_

• ~Onyx~

• behaviour???

Top Posters In This Topic

Will those of us that fly in stealth mode remain so?

I immediately checked that :yes: Yes I think we are good. :lol: Lurkers Unite!! :innocent:

Will those of us that fly in stealth mode remain so?

Yes the option to remain anonymous on the forums is still there and works the same as before. :tu:

Nice :)

*Says fiendishly* I can still see you. :P

*says fiendishly* you're just stalking me :P

:lol:

Nice change, I am happy to read that All members signing up in Ninja Mode will not be exposed!!!

Thanks

B???

• 2 months later...

Hovering your mouse over a user on the list will bring up the time at which they were last active

Is it possible to make it say what they're doing as well? It's a pain having to go to a member's profile page to see what they're doing.

That Function is available for Administrators, but i cant be sure, if it would be displayed as an alternative text for Members

Thanks

B???

Click on (show by) "last click" or "member name" to list all active users and what they are doing.

Click on (show by) "last click" or "member name" to list all active users and what they are doing.

I meant knowing what they're doing by hovering the mouse over their name, instead of going to the Active Users List page or their profile.

When you hover the mouse over a member's name, it tells you the time they were last active. Is there a way to make it say where they are instead of when they were last active? For instance, instead of getting "6:41" when hovering over their name, I would get, say, "Viewing Topic: Why Did God Create Man?"

No there isn't, that's one for Invision to add in a future release of the board software.

I found this glitch today, hopefully you can fix it.

For some reason this shows up on the main page when I first enter the site

glitch.jpg

But when I click on the "Forums" tab I'm already logged in.