Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Problem with Ancient Civilizations and Floods

Francisco Fidalgo

Before I get deep into my post, I wanna say hello to everyone. I'm a newbie here. I also apologize in advance for any bad grammar or mispeling because I don't speak english fluently but I'm working on it. I think I can make my points clear though.  :blush:

Megalithic Strutures like Puma Punku or the Pyramids make us question whether or not we were visited by aliens in the past or if it was just some ancient civilizations from many thousands years ago that were as advanced as we are nowadays, and somehow a cyclic cataclysmic event like the ones made famous by Mayan prophecies make them disappear from earth.

While I accept both theories, my only problem with this high tech ancient human civilizations is:

If they were that advanced, to the point that they could rival us in order to have air planes, electricity, highly advanced astronomical knowledge, skills and tools to build megalithic structures and what else seen in those ancient artifacts findings, its fair to suppose that such civilizations should have launched something into space in order to have such advanced astronomical knowledge.

Now a flood, or massive eruption, can vanish a couple billions humans from earth surface, but it cannot vanish stuff orbiting many miles above the surface.

If such civilizations existed and vanished from earth due to a cataclysmic event, were are their satellites?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSearcher

• cerberusxp

• Ikki

• Francisco Fidalgo

Since it makes no sense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures, I think the answer to your question would be that such a civilization never existed on Earth prior to ours. ;)

If the pyramid puilders and Tiwanakans and other such people had had the tech and abilities we do -- why don't we construct pyramids and megalithic buildings today?

Edited by Ikki

Since it makes no sense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures, I think the answer to your question would be that such a civilization never existed on Earth prior to ours. ;)

If the pyramid puilders and Tiwanakans and other such people had had the tech and abilities we do -- why don't we construct pyramids and megalithic buildings today?

... Because . . it makes no $ense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures ,if, they aren't important to them?

it could make sense , if, megalithic structures were important to us... as they were to them???

Edited by lightly

... Because . . it makes no $ense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures

,if, they aren't important to them?

it could make sense , if, megalithic structures were important to us... as they were to them???

But we don't build megalithic stuff today, because we have easier and better ways of building. If this ancient supercivilization was so advanced, we'd find structures of glass, metal, and concrete, NOT of stone. And, to put it bluntly, the stuff would have been better built than what we do find.

Now days we put everything into very low earth orbits because

of the cost of attaining higher orbits. The technology in these

satellites will be obsolete in only a few years anyway. This

means our satellites will all be gone only a few years after we

stop launching them because these orbits decay rapidly in the

extremely thin "atmosphere". I believe the oldest ione in orbit

is the Vangaurd from the late '50's but even this will come down

in the next couple decades. One might consider Tranquility Base

a sort of satellite and it ain't going nowhere very soon.

The Bible says that the rainbow was a promise not to have another

flood. Perhaps this was meant as a sort of condemnation of Pagan

beliefs like the ancients Egyptians who believed that their Gods

were adorned with rainbows while the people were dependent on in-

undations for their very survival.

Because it wouldn't make sense? Also don't you consider the Twin Towers and Burj Khalifa as being the megalithic structures of today?

Because it wouldn't make sense? Also don't you consider the Twin Towers and Burj Khalifa as being the megalithic structures of today?

"Megalithic" doesn't just mean "big".

lithic - rock, made of rock, or thereabouts.

So, it basically means humongous rocks. Which some argue are too big to have been carried and positioned by conventional means. There are a fair few globally and interestingly they seem to fit on ley lines withing the earth grid. There could definitely be some purpose behind them that we do not fully appreciate because our technology has taken a different course.

However, I've got to disagree with the presumption that if it can't be explained it must be aliens. IMO there is just a good a chance that man or an interdimensional species (??) achieved the feats by using anti gravity levitation using a range of physics that we do not understand because we see oursleves as separate from our surroundings rather than made up of the same quantum substances. Don't ask me to explain in too much detail ecause these are ideas that are just settling into my head. I just like to entertain ALL posibilities and work back from there which are the most likely.

So, two big questions emerge: How were they moved/positioned? What purpose did they serve?

If they used rocks/stone weighing tons or more to build it, yes.

But they didn't.

That's why the ziggurats of Sumeria weren't called megalithic structures: they used brick.

Megalith = big rock/stone.

-

Edited by Abramelin

Then the pyramids cannot correctly and properly be called megalithic because they used mortar. Let's stop splitting hairs. Everyone today thinks megalithic just means huge.

A megalith is a large stone which has been used to construct a structure or monument, either alone or together with other stones. Megalithic describes structures made of such large stones, utilizing an interlocking system without the use of mortar or cement.

Then the pyramids cannot correctly and properly be called megalithic because they used mortar. Let's stop splitting hairs. Everyone today thinks megalithic just means huge.

A megalith is a large stone which has been used to construct a structure or monument, either alone or together with other stones. Megalithic describes structures made of such large stones, utilizing an interlocking system without the use of mortar or cement.

There are sizable lumps of granite but I agree the thread would benefit froma shift away from the GP as that has been addressed elsewhere. Maybe we should list some suspected megalithic sites to discuss. Is Karnak? Gilgal Refaim? I remember one around Eridu but am not sure. Some good ones at lake Titicaca I think to.

The 3 Largest single Stones discovered in a construction ,so far, ( conservatively estimated to weigh 800 tons each) are under a Roman temple at Baalbek Lebanon.

Many people have heard of them.. many have not... so here are a couple pictures (click to enlarge)

post-86645-126982142641_thumb.jpg post-86645-126982150997_thumb.jpg

* the Unused one is estimated to weigh at least 1200 tons.. you can see the temple above it in the background.

Edited by lightly

Then the pyramids cannot correctly and properly be called megalithic because they used mortar.

That is incorrect. The pyramids were stacked stone, with rubble fill in between the blocks.

Let's stop splitting hairs. Everyone today thinks megalithic just means huge.

Actually, you're the first I've met with that problem, but that is neither here nor there. But it isn't about splitting hairs. It just isn't an important enough topic to consider being an attempt at misleading. It's nothing more than correcting a mistake.

Before I get deep into my post, I wanna say hello to everyone. I'm a newbie here. I also apologize in advance for any bad grammar or mispeling because I don't speak english fluently but I'm working on it. I think I can make my points clear though. :blush:

Megalithic Strutures like Puma Punku or the Pyramids make us question whether or not we were visited by aliens in the past or if it was just some ancient civilizations from many thousands years ago that were as advanced as we are nowadays, and somehow a cyclic cataclysmic event like the ones made famous by Mayan prophecies make them disappear from earth.

While I accept both theories, my only problem with this high tech ancient human civilizations is:

If they were that advanced, to the point that they could rival us in order to have air planes, electricity, highly advanced astronomical knowledge, skills and tools to build megalithic structures and what else seen in those ancient artifacts findings, its fair to suppose that such civilizations should have launched something into space in order to have such advanced astronomical knowledge.

Now a flood, or massive eruption, can vanish a couple billions humans from earth surface, but it cannot vanish stuff orbiting many miles above the surface.

If such civilizations existed and vanished from earth due to a cataclysmic event, were are their satellites?

As far as satellites go orbits degrade. None of the satellites in orbit today will be there more than 100 years they will fall back to the earth.

I happen to think there is something to Sitchins and Von Danikan's theory. Along with Velikovski's where a celestial body came so close it caused continents to fall and others to rise virtually overnight. Also that the megaliths had some purpose we just don't have the answer for. Albeit some are close to that answer. As for satellites that is only IF they used radio waves for communication. What if they had another type of communication? (Tesla had a way to broadcast through the earth<being used today> also being used for some secret stuff through HAARP) What if the same thing that wiped them out (or caused them to leave) swept the orbit clean? The Teotihuacan site looks to me like an embarkation site. The puma site obviously was destroyed by some type of cataclysm of great force, energy weapons, nukes? The Indian Veda's intimate to a nuclear war between TWO alien races that took place here on earth. One freeing us the humans from slavery. Sitchin states that there was a war between two factions of the same alien race (Annunaki) and that it culminated at the Sinai peninsula.

Edited by cerberusxp

Before I get deep into my post, I wanna say hello to everyone. I'm a newbie here. I also apologize in advance for any bad grammar or mispeling because I don't speak english fluently but I'm working on it. I think I can make my points clear though.  :blush:

Hello, your English is excellent.

Billions lost in a single flood or eruption event seems VERY unlikely.

Orbits decay and satellites eventually re-enter. If this did happen, and that is a BIG if, anything put into orbit would likely have crashed down long ago.

The 3 Largest single Stones discovered in a construction ,so far, ( conservatively estimated to weigh 800 tons each) are under a Roman temple at Baalbek Lebanon.

Many people have heard of them.. many have not... so here are a couple pictures (click to enlarge)

post-86645-126982142641_thumb.jpg post-86645-126982150997_thumb.jpg

* the Unused one is estimated to weigh at least 1200 tons.. you can see the temple above it in the background.

Weighing in at over 1,000 tons.

Baalbek

Edited by cerberusxp

Weighing in at over 1,000,000 tons.

Baalbek

From your link, 2 million pounds equals 1000 tons, not 1 million. One million tons would be 2,000,000,000 pounds.

cormac

From your link, 2 million pounds equals 1000 tons, not 1 million. One million tons would be 2,000,000,000 pounds.

cormac

Oops you're right my bad. 80,000 pounds being 40 ton. yep

As far as satellites go orbits degrade. None of the satellites in orbit today will be there more than 100 years they will fall back to the earth.

I happen to think there is something to Sitchins and Von Danikan's theory. Along with Velikovski's where a celestial body came so close it caused continents to fall and others to rise virtually overnight. Also that the megaliths had some purpose we just don't have the answer for. Albeit some are close to that answer. As for satellites that is only IF they used radio waves for communication. What if they had another type of communication? (Tesla had a way to broadcast through the earth<being used today> also being used for some secret stuff through HAARP) What if the same thing that wiped them out (or caused them to leave) swept the orbit clean? The Teotihuacan site looks to me like an embarkation site. The puma site obviously was destroyed by some type of cataclysm of great force, energy weapons, nukes? The Indian Veda's intimate to a nuclear war between TWO alien races that took place here on earth. One freeing us the humans from slavery. Sitchin states that there was a war between two factions of the same alien race (Annunaki) and that it culminated at the Sinai peninsula.

erm, where in the Veda's does it talk about nuclear war? Because as far as I know, it doesn't. And which site are you talking about when you say the Puma site, just to avoid confusion. Because I'm unaware of any sites where energy weapons / nuclear weapons were used.

look. they made them. how do i know? because there is real evidence. and there is zero evidence that E.T.'s exist, or that there was an ancient "high tech" civ. ZERO. and for all those that think that "even we modern humans" could not make or move stones like at baalbek, check this out.

http://www.jumboshipping.nl/jl_news_item.asp?CurrentNews= 1200 tons of lifting capacity

http://www.jumboshipping.nl/jl_projects_project.asp?project_id=6 2760 tons

http://www.barnhartcrane.com/services_markets.html?sm=13 land based cranes can move up to 1760 tons

http://www.bigge.com/heavy-lift-and-transportation/ cranes that can lift 4000 tons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballast_Nedam 8700 ton catamaran crane

give men credit. but dont lose your imaginations.

look. they made them. how do i know? because there is real evidence. and there is zero evidence that E.T.'s exist, or that there was an ancient "high tech" civ. ZERO. and for all those that think that "even we modern humans" could not make or move stones like at baalbek, check this out.

http://www.jumboshipping.nl/jl_news_item.asp?CurrentNews= 1200 tons of lifting capacity

http://www.jumboshipping.nl/jl_projects_project.asp?project_id=6 2760 tons

http://www.barnhartcrane.com/services_markets.html?sm=13 land based cranes can move up to 1760 tons

http://www.bigge.com/heavy-lift-and-transportation/ cranes that can lift 4000 tons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballast_Nedam 8700 ton catamaran crane

give men credit. but dont lose your imaginations.

Add to this ingenious systems like air cushion lifting devices (the link is to a company that makes such devices, for example purposes, nothing else.), where two people can move objects up to 300 tons.

Technology is nice, innit?

Hello, your English is excellent.

Orbits decay and satellites eventually re-enter.  If this did happen, and that is a BIG if, anything put into orbit would likely have crashed down long ago.

I wasn't aware that orbits decay that fast, I thought satellites could remain there for many thousands years... my bad.

Also, why is it very unlikely that billions of people could vanish in a massive flood?

We are ~6.8 billion on earth, even if 2 billion were wiped out for good from earth's history, that would be about 29,4% of human race.

Is it a far fetched number for a cataclysmic event?

This actually sort of fits with the OP.

We, most people, have a strong and natural tendency to look at the past through modern/current eyes.

we seem to be nearly incapable of thinking in any other terms than our own. If Ancient Peoples had "advanced" technologies, then they must mirror our own technologies. .. we assume that their Knowledge would be like our knowledge. Maybe so.. maybe not. I'll leave it at that , without speculating on what might have been. I know it irritates many when someone considers the idea of any sort of "LOST" Gasp! Understandings or Abilities... but is it really all that huge of an impossibility? or Intellectual sin to consider?

Maybe it is the Height of Foolishness to think anything other than we are ,now, at the apex of all that humankind can be and 'progress' is always a one way street.. no exceptions . We've come a long way .. to get where exactly? ..progressing toward the destruction of life on this planet including ourselves? ..i'm rambling.. i'll hush now.

Lol i can remember when common courtesy and manners were popular and people practiced penmanship . How lame was that ?, i mean, compared to text messaging? lol .. CU L8tr. :)

I wasn't aware that orbits decay that fast, I thought satellites could remain there for many thousands years... my bad.

Don't worry - it was still a good point. And you nearly got there. But it's not satellites orbiting the Earth we would expect to find to show the existence of ancient advanced civilisations or alien visitors: it's artifacts on the Moon.

Also, why is it very unlikely that billions of people could vanish in a massive flood?

Global human population only exceeded one billion for the first time just over 100 years ago. Back in the distant past there were far fewer people. And no cataclysmic global flood has ever occurred - the worst that may have happened would have been a big tsunami like that which occurred in the Indian Ocean a few years back and killed around a quarter of a million people. Of course, if such a tsunami occurred when the majority of people all lived around the shores of the Indian Ocean ...... then it might just conceivably result in most people on the planet drowning :o