Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Satanic cults and devil worship

Gunslinger99

(First off this is a very long post)Ok not here to anger anyones religous beliefs just curious if a satanic or devil worshipping cult has ever exisited or if anyone has ever encountered one or what you thought to be one, I could easily see how some person may have stumbled onto a wiccan or pagan gathering and maybe thought it was devil worship, let me introduce myself I hunt local legends of so called cults and just try to see what really happened there s a place where I live called goat farm road where all this satanic stuff was supposed to have happened years ago checked it out I even made a vid turns out the owners grandson calls me up and tells me that years ago some drunks left some dead animals on the road as a joke at halloween and the rumors spread like wildfire even poste don a local forum but got some emails from ppl claiming that its real but they would never want to meet up and show me there evidence some ppl will never change there mind no matter what, then theres a place called hollis NC where some guys claimed to have been chased out by devil worshippers (went out there looks like where kids go to party) but anyway heres everything I have ever found, I try not to dismiss or accept anything until I see it for myself heres a link to another forum with everything I've ever found hope most vids are still up again I apologise if I offend anyone not my intention and if you have any stories about this around NC please share also I find the purple church in oaklahoma strange wish someone who lived out there would contact the owner and see how this mess got started.

*snip*

click off topic then alt forum I cant direct link it for some reason

just want to know do you guys believe its all urban legend or if you think some of its true and why.

Welcome to UM. Sorry, I removed your link. Our board is for discussion HERE - you have 1 post and in that very first post, you linkdropped - very bad form, and strictly against UM policy. You are more than welcome to become a regular poster on the forums here however, and engage in constructive discussion; interested parties may visit your site if you'd care to perhaps put a link in your signature here or something along those lines, as long as it is not a commercial site. -Paranormalcy, Senior Forum Moderator Staff

Edited by Paranormalcy
removed link

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cybele

• NightTrainMurderer

• Black Hound

• MasterAdam

I don't think there are actually any real "devil worship" cults and am highly doubtful such things have truly ever existed in any meaningful form, personally. There are Satanists but anyone familiar with that group is aware of their actual nature and how far offbase the "devil worship" angle is. Anything else, I think, is weird, rebellious kids or fringe cultists of some bizarre local concept, basically "the exception to the rule".

As a Satanist myself I can honestly say I have never been invited to join a cult or worship out in the woods. Dang it. Seriously though, these are just concepts taken from movies and literature that the general public seems perfectly comfortable to run away with.

In relation to your topic I have an example for you. A friend of mine use to run a Viking "reenactment" group. They would hold events a few times a month, generally outdoors so they could compete in wrestling and armed combat as well as hold giant cookout. There would be other events and skills taught amongst the members and at night they would hold a sumble to honor their ancestors and their chosen deities. Well to make a long story short a few people who happened upon the group one night saw them engaged in a sumble and ran off. The next day on a local message board I notcied a post about "cultists" in the area we were in. I read the post and apparently we were a moon worshipping cult and that people should be careful when in that area. It was quite amusing to read so I tried to respond and explain what he actually saw and invited him to come to the next event. Needless to say he "knows what he saw".

I still have to see for myself,I have read many things that go back and forth since I cant hotlink in a message but can in my profile I posted the place and instructions as my qoute if you want to see all the stuff I found go there just hoping the vids are still up a lot of stuff I have on my PC, I save anything I come across because a lot of sites go down or youtube takes down about any video posted.

I think most of the incidents you hear being blamed on "satanic cults", especially those involving cruelty to animals and that sort of thing, can easily be attributed to a few antisocial teenagers who may or may not have an interest in the occult.

There are some satanists who believe in the devil as an actual spiritual being; they call themselves "theistic" or "spiritual satanists". There are also those called demonolators who worship demons. For the most part, these people communicate through online communities. Considering how few in number they actually are, I'd imagine that local organizations would be pretty unlikely in many places.

There are many online occult forums frequented by satanists. Taking a look at some of these sites is probably the best way to gather information about these sorts of things. To be honest though, I seriously doubt that satanists are any more violent than Christians.

Edited by Cybele

All I know is half the population of Haiti still practices Voodoo, as does most of the Carribbean but I am not sure whether or not this is a satanic cult or not.

All I know is half the population of Haiti still practices Voodoo, as does most of the Carribbean but I am not sure whether or not this is a satanic cult or not.

As far as I know, practicioners of voodoo do not believe in Satan in any sense, nor do they use the name or concept in any manner whatsoever. It seems that some christians use the term "satanic" loosely, to refer to religious activity (especially of the pagan sort) that is non-christian and unfamiliar and therefore deemed to be mysterious and evil.

Edited by Cybele

As has been said, the term 'satanic cults' in bandied around lots and in most cases is simply a group of kids having a laugh or pagans being observed conducting rituals. There are however people who worship Satan. To any Christian that means worshipping evil, but Members of the Church of Satan 'worship' Satan as the embodiment of everything that is opposite to Christianity. They favour individual fulfillment, knowledge and indulgence...

I know they do, based on personal experiences, not as a member, but as a witness. It seems the rituals have a common threat runing through them, aside from praising Satan No virgin sacrifices,lack of virgins? or just hard to locate. Blood letting, along with blood sharing, a general paradody of the Catholic mass but I never saw the devil show-up, any place though lots of folks tried to summon one. Oh. lots of sex, gay, bi, or straight. usuallly at the end of the "Mass". :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I dunno about cults worshiping the Devil but there are groups of people who do dazzle with evil things.

I'm sure there are Wicca/Pagans who dazzle in the other side from time to time.

I think it's all non-sense myself.

I know they do, based on personal experiences, not as a member, but as a witness. It seems the rituals have a common threat runing through them, aside from praising Satan No virgin sacrifices,lack of virgins? or just hard to locate. Blood letting, along with blood sharing, a general paradody of the Catholic mass but I never saw the devil show-up, any place though lots of folks tried to summon one. Oh. lots of sex, gay, bi, or straight. usuallly at the end of the "Mass". :w00t::w00t::w00t:

So you've had the fortune to just happen upon these "masses" from time to time? Ehhh ok.

There are a few. But they are scattered, small, and not organized. Mostly just a few young punks looking into the occult and figured that it might be fun.

Why people connect occult with satanism anyway? Its silly.

We were once mistaken for satanic cult and that we have demonic powers lol because me and my friends formed Slovenian circle of bizarre magic (magic tricks, mentalism etc...) And we had a magic show in some high school we were dressed in red robes and white masks and we were performing vanishes, summoning (illusion that object or person appears out of nowhere.), mentalism (telepathy, psychokinesis tricks), fire magic, levitation etc...

And a lot of people thought we are some kind of satanic sorcerers lol. Now of course people knew what magic tricks are it was just that for them our close up magic was so unusual because we are the only bizarre magicians in whole country.

You can look up what bizarre magic is maybe then you will understand why we were tied to occult and then directly to satanic cult.

Edited by phreakstep

Why people connect occult with satanism anyway? Its silly.

We were once mistaken for satanic cult and that we have demonic powers lol because me and my friends formed Slovenian circle of bizarre magic (magic tricks, mentalism etc...) And we had a magic show in some high school we were dressed in red robes and white masks and we were performing vanishes, summoning (illusion that object or person appears out of nowhere.), mentalism (telepathy, psychokinesis tricks), fire magic, levitation etc...

And a lot of people thought we are some kind of satanic sorcerers lol. Now of course people knew what magic tricks are it was just that for them our close up magic was so unusual because we are the only bizarre magicians in whole country.

You can look up what bizarre magic is maybe then you will understand why we were tied to occult and then directly to satanic cult.

Cause that's what usually brings them to devil worshipping. It probably happens very rarely though so no worries. Usually the magic at work is the power of suggestion which is far superior to any form of magic that might be out there.

April 30th is Walpurgis Night. Sounds like a good time for expiermenting.

Usually, your local "occult" is nothing but a crew of outcast teenagers looking for negative attention. We have a wilderness park here, "40 Acre Rock", and there's a few satanic symbols spray painted on certain parts of the rock. p***es me off. Me and a few few friends did run across a pentagram that seemed to be made of actual blood, though. Probably squeezed from your local Walmart chicken ;d.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so, as I stated earlier, as life around here would be pretty dull without folks getting all panic striken when something along the lines of that topic shows up on the check-out rack at your near-by grocery store.

Haitian Vodou has absolutely nothing to do with devil worship. Indeed, many people practice Christianity in conjunction with Vodou.

The misconception, for the most part, stems from two things.

First, animal sacrifice. A lot of people in America (and in the west in general) tend to leap to the conclusion that if it involves something dying it must be evil (for whatever reason giving exclusions to the people who killed the cow they ate part of for lunch). Yes, in Vodou animals are sacrificed as offerings to the lwa. And then, overwhelmingly, they are prepared and turned into a meal. This is especially true in poorer countries such as Haiti - a rite will be followed with a feast to which all participants are invited. But not all rites involve sacrifice in this sense. It is also worth mentioning that Vodou is by no means the only religion that involves the sacrifice of animals, not even the only modern religion - Orthodox Judaism does as well, and there is a priesthood located in Israel prepared to resume sacrifices the moment that their Temple is rebuilt.

Second, racism. I am not implying that you nor anyone else here is a racist, but much of the bias against Vodou does owe to racism. It is an African religion, the majority of its adherents are black, and it played a vital role in the largest and most successful slave rebellion in the history of the western hemisphere. 200 years ago it was definitely in the interest of southern whites to ensure that it was suppressed as solidly and as violently as possible, and I believe their attempts - as well as early 20th century literature on Haiti and Vodou, which stink of both racism and imperialism - are to blame for how many people view it.

It's unfortunate. When considered together with its siblings - Santeria, Obeah, Orisha, and others - it is, while not an "organized" religion, a major one, one which more adherents than Judaism.

If I sound insulting, it isn't my intent and I apologize. If you have any questions on Vodou, I'll do my best to answer.

I've known a few satanists, but they were mostly single believers, and not part of an organized group.

I think a black coven could be considered a satanic cult if the powers they are trying to tap into are satanic and the coven had serious control over its people. When I was younger I knew of two people like that. Different covens, but some of what they talked to me about was for sure connected to satan and other demons, and they were for sure swayed completely to whatever their coven asked of them, including cruel things to animals. It was very cult like. I chose not to know them for very long due to their practices.

There are small and rare groups that worship ancient and dark deities, though not satan specifically.

Voodoo is misunderstood as a much darker practice than it really is.

But I think that for a lot of people, no matter what that person or group is doing out in the woods, if it looks ritualistic, it will often be tagged as satanic. If there are creepy signs or items left behind, it was probably from some nefarious use.

There are also people and groups out there that are doing strange things in the woods that have no religious or magic purpose whatsoever.

Keeping that in mind... Yes, there are absolutely for sure some people out there doing bad crap that probably wouldn't think twice about doing bad stuff to you if you caught them in the act. Some may be satanists, some of those may belong to a cult. All of them should probably be avoided for the sake of ones health.

I agree with rashore. With the large majority of people being religious, bad nasty things done to animals and the like must be the devils work. It used to be an accepted fact that good and bad was the doing of God, until unconditionally loving and completely in control didn't mesh well with the reality of our world.

As for the few Satanists I have met...good luck getting them together in a room or a gathering of any sort. Most were just dumb teens with a complex with no other way to rationalize or confront their problems. No offense to any Satanists of course. Don't judge the whole by a few right?

In high school, I was a rebellious teen against parents' rules or morals, while my Mom worked in law enforcement. Does living in a morally conscious household make one fascinated with law breaking and opposition to any authority such as a "god"? I never got into Satanism or devil worship, in fact I didn't like playing around with evil forces in a theological sense. In the 1980s and early 90s, high schools in America fought hard to stop satanism on campuses and all those religious groups made up by parents worried about heavy metal or video games corrupted teenagers. The reason why some teens play around with Satanism to get back on parents, schools and society in general, should be more of a sign of innocent teen rebellion and how teens always want to shock their elders, except to call in the Devil is frightening.

okay, not very knowledgable on the subject, but i've got an experience which seems to maybe be relevent here.

when i was about in sixth grade, my family lived in a suburb subdivision on the outskirts of a medium sized city in west texas. this subdivision was surrounded by acres and acres of west texas prarie land. as kids, we used to ride our bikes out into the pasture land on dirt bike trails that went on for miles and miles. occasionally we would come upon disturbing things like cats or small dogs nailed to trees, upside down, in a crucifixion type of pose. these things we always kept to ourselves as usually they disappeared surprisingly soon after we found them.

anyway, that year, on halloween, myself and two of my friends decided to go and wrap the school (with toliet paper).. you know, just stupid things kids do. our school was just outside of the subdivision.. down a road by itself with the pasture land all around it. the road, which dead ended at the elementary school, only had one other building on it. this building, a fire station, was at the beginning of the road, opposite of the school.

we were having a grand ol' time making a mess of the school with the toliet paper, including all of the playground equipment. the entire playground was enclosed with a 5 foot chain-link fence which separated the school grounds from the surrounding pasture. we suddenly noticed a group of about 15-20 people.. robed and hooded.. walking in a line outside of the fence in the very back of the school property. some of these people were carrying what looked like torches, and the last two were dragging something along on the ground. we froze, trying not to draw attention to ourselves, but they must have seen us as a few tried to get over the fence like they were coming after us. needless to say, we booked it the hell out of there.

i'm not saying i know that they were devil worshippers, but it's the conclusion i've come to. just thought i'd share.

I don't think there are actually any real "devil worship" cults and am highly doubtful such things have truly ever existed in any meaningful form, personally. There are Satanists but anyone familiar with that group is aware of their actual nature and how far offbase the "devil worship" angle is. Anything else, I think, is weird, rebellious kids or fringe cultists of some bizarre local concept, basically "the exception to the rule".

When I was 14 or 15 , you know the binge drinking years, we used to go drinking in a place we used to call the court yard. One night we seen four or five men in hooded robes throwing books into a big fire. Needless to say we did'nt stay around long .

And there is a romour that a cult meets in Conolly's Folly in Leixlip

post-66936-127323453395_thumb.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Yes, Satanic cults are real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matamoros_murders

I am very very familiar with this case. Some MISTAKENLY believe they practiced http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palo_Mayombe but that is simply not true.

Adolfo was a satanist who believed he was possessed by a powerful demon and his followers and family members witnessed "demonic activity" whenever Adolfo was around.

---

Back in the 1970's I had a very close family member who was involved with a biker gang in California. He told my father horrible things and later when this family member died, he was not allowed burial in our family plot. He was indeed involved in Satanic rituals along with his "gang".

Edited by Prithee

There is also Palo, which does deal with demons and Satan.