Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dual Nature

Jove

You know, the only thing Ive learnt thus far in live (just some 24 times around the sun), the ONLY thing I can really say and the thing that I draw most from.

Life goes upy downy.

Theres no laws, no logic, no facts, no absolute answers to anything. Just lots of little relativities as we motion our way along & idly question the way we've come or could go.

Its a bit ridiculous I know, but can anyone relate? Or can anyone ground me a bit better?

The statement to me reflects quite fittingly a kind of inability to define life further, and at the same time contains a sort of beauty of possibility and childlike approach thereof.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jove

• susieice

• eclectic 1

• Black Hound

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, the only thing Ive learnt thus far in live (just some 24 times around the sun), the ONLY thing I can really say and the thing that I draw most from.

Life goes upy downy.

Theres no laws, no logic, no facts, no absolute answers to anything. Just lots of little relativities as we motion our way along & idly question the way we've come or could go.

Its a bit ridiculous I know, but can anyone relate? Or can anyone ground me a bit better?

The statement to me reflects quite fittingly a kind of inability to define life further, and at the same time contains a sort of beauty of possibility and childlike approach thereof.

Well spoken, well said. good grasp of it and clear, concise, way of saying what is on your mind without loads of dialogue. I enjoyed the comment. Thanks. :tu:

Life goes upy downy.

I've ridden around that sun twice as long and I know what your saying. Just live it. The ups are precious and the downs you will get through.

Anytime you really think that "theres no laws"-which would include no law of gravity-go to the top of The Empire State Building, and jump off. If there is no law of gravity, you will float harmlessly in mid air. If there is a law of gravity, you will fall to your death. How much faith do you have in your beliefs? Enough to demonstrate their validity-or lack thereof-in this way?

Upy downy doesn't really equate to dual nature, in my opinion. I think duality in any sort of metaphysical/spiritual/mental consideration is not accurate. Ups and downs though? Most definitely.

Upy downy doesn't really equate to dual nature, in my opinion. I think duality in any sort of metaphysical/spiritual/mental consideration is not accurate.

I am of the complete opposite belief. Dual nature exists in everything to allow these concepts to exist! Happy without sad would be nothing. Electron without positron would be nothing. Male without female, up without down.

Heres something I think will cause a few sparks. Duality in emotion. That is to say there are only two real emotions (careful here I must be) love and fear, and that all others exist between these two extremes, like red and blue spectrum of visible light, and all the colours in between.