Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

Something I want to clarify again....And this is not a bigfoot topic :)

People have claimed the trail cams make noise , and it scares Bigfoot away....Well , if a Buck can eat by one , and not know a mountain lion is stalking it...I would have to say...Uhm , no...

Not my pic :)

post-92206-127682444337_thumb.jpg

LOL....I was going to point out , if most trail cams are like this one ( they are not , you get what you pay for) , than that would explain all the fuzzy , out of focus pics :)

It was a raccoon :tu:

There is a daytime pic of a Biff here somewhere, sorry, cannot find it right now, it seems to be taken with the same cam you have, the daylight pics seem s a little clearer, unfortunately in the specimen provided, either we are dealing with Pareidolia or the subject is far to distant for the equipment to focus, but the overall quality seemed acceptable for close encounters in the day.

I'll keep on the search engine and try to find it.

There is a daytime pic of a Biff here somewhere, sorry, cannot find it right now, it seems to be taken with the same cam you have, the daylight pics seem s a little clearer, unfortunately in the specimen provided, either we are dealing with Pareidolia or the subject is far to distant for the equipment to focus, but the overall quality seemed acceptable for close encounters in the day.

I'll keep on the search engine and try to find it.

I think you may be refering to the "crow" that flew close to the camera....We will see :)

a lot of those trail cams have a delay between the sensor being tripped and the photo being taken.

Have to wonder whether some blank photos arent from something close to the camera triping (paw, tail etc) it but moving out of shot before the pic is taken

You are correct , shutter time....Delay time , something to that effect...Mine is set at "1" , that is one pic every second when the motion detector sees something move...If something runs by , you will not get a picture , just a picture of a empty field :)

I'll have to check up on this over time. I hope you can get something good, even if it is some pretty sweet shots of the local fauna! Imagine if you, on our own forum, caught the best image ever! Your toothy avatar would become a legend!!!! :tu:

Borrowing a friends trail camera...$360.00 one , sure makes a diference...Here is last night and yesterday....Mine is further back in the woods now , no pics on it as of yet ( if they even turn out)

post-92206-127696607096_thumb.jpg

post-92206-127696608213_thumb.jpg

post-92206-127696609368_thumb.jpg

Cool. Good luck!

Here's two taken recently. I never bothered to set the date and time properly.

First one is obviously a deer.

post-1928-006257300 1277631881_thumb.jpg

Coyote?

post-1928-048553900 1277632214_thumb.jpg

I think as many as possible should join in on this. It's like X-mas morning everytime you walk up to the camera and find you have pictures.

• Like 1

Coyote?

I think as many as possible should join in on this. It's like X-mas morning everytime you walk up to the camera and find you have pictures.

Good deal ,and I agree , lets get some trail cam pics posted!....My replacement should be here end of week....Here are 2 from last week , night shots...

post-92206-056687700 1277654891_thumb.jp

post-92206-016360700 1277654902_thumb.jp

Edited by Sakari

Are you baiting your cam out? At first I tried throwing around some of that catfish bait from a bag....only attracted some buzzards.

I really hope more people get involved with this, whether we get a pic of BF or just some racoons, it's still a good effort.

Are you baiting your cam out? At first I tried throwing around some of that catfish bait from a bag....only attracted some buzzards.

I really hope more people get involved with this, whether we get a pic of BF or just some racoons, it's still a good effort.

Yes , feeder...Cob ( oats and stuff)

• 3 weeks later...

I now have 2 trail cams out in 2 locations....Will post pics within a week :)

I love trail cams. The comment about christmas morning is correct. Everytime you check the camera you could have nothing at all or something very interesting. Just a word of advice on trail cams. All are not made the same. Some are junk and others are very good and most of the time you get what you pay for. Obviously digital is the way to go 100%. They are silent and take better quality pictures. Make sure it has a good quality camera in it. The cheaper cameras, with exceptions of course, will be very frustrating. The shutter speeds are slow, you get a lot of pictures of nothing or a deer's butt moving out of the frame. You don't need the most expensive but do yourself a favor and get a quality trail cam. Also, put the camera out in a likely spot. Make sure there are signs of animal activity around. Putting it out around a good food source is always a good idea. Of course if you can make your own food source by pouring a bag of corn on the ground, where legal of course, that is all that much better. Also most cameras have a heat sensor on them so do not point them facing into a rising or setting sun. You will end up with a lot of sunrise and sunset pictures but no animals. Only put the camera up about 3ft off the ground. Most people put them up to high and miss some smaller animals. One of the most important things I can add is always carry extra batteries. Trail cams are notorious for eating batteries fast, so make sure you always have extras and of the right kind. Some trail cams are very picky about batteries. I have one that will only work right with duracels. Its strange but true. Anyway, I hope some of this helps.

Mike

I love trail cams. The comment about christmas morning is correct. Everytime you check the camera you could have nothing at all or something very interesting. Just a word of advice on trail cams. All are not made the same. Some are junk and others are very good and most of the time you get what you pay for. Obviously digital is the way to go 100%. They are silent and take better quality pictures. Make sure it has a good quality camera in it. The cheaper cameras, with exceptions of course, will be very frustrating. The shutter speeds are slow, you get a lot of pictures of nothing or a deer's butt moving out of the frame. You don't need the most expensive but do yourself a favor and get a quality trail cam. Also, put the camera out in a likely spot. Make sure there are signs of animal activity around. Putting it out around a good food source is always a good idea. Of course if you can make your own food source by pouring a bag of corn on the ground, where legal of course, that is all that much better. Also most cameras have a heat sensor on them so do not point them facing into a rising or setting sun. You will end up with a lot of sunrise and sunset pictures but no animals. Only put the camera up about 3ft off the ground. Most people put them up to high and miss some smaller animals. One of the most important things I can add is always carry extra batteries. Trail cams are notorious for eating batteries fast, so make sure you always have extras and of the right kind. Some trail cams are very picky about batteries. I have one that will only work right with duracels. Its strange but true. Anyway, I hope some of this helps.

Mike

Good advice.....Start posting some pics :)

Fox from yesterday....A lot more to come in a week....

post-92206-045245300 1279396516_thumb.jp

A few more....(in seperate posts)post-92206-097870800 1279497576_thumb.jpHope more start posting....

post-92206-069447500 1279497861_thumb.jpmore...post-92206-081110300 1279497791_thumb.jp

post-92206-069447500 1279497861_thumb.jpmore...post-92206-081110300 1279497791_thumb.jp

im glad somebody has started to do this... keep em coming!

im glad somebody has started to do this... keep em coming!

I will post mine about every week , one camera is to far to go check every day :)

Coyote?

Im so getting one now... Sakari's on the West and Im far East so somebody in the middle too, my god man... we can do it!!!

Moved the cameras today to more desolate , wooded areas....Here is one pic from one of them......One had 40 pics , the other 24.

post-92206-000652400 1279661460_thumb.jp

Moved the cameras today to more desolate , wooded areas....Here is one pic from one of them......One had 40 pics , the other 24.

nice picture... that buck there probably have near 6 points this year i bet... u think so?

nice picture... that buck there probably have near 6 points this year i bet... u think so?

It had at least 5 last year....I will have pics of " skeeter " through out the year , will keep you posted :)

2 more from the 21st...someone had a baby........

Next pic on reply...too big for 2....

I know more people on here have trail cams.....where are the pics?

post-92206-050208700 1279929459_thumb.jp