Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black-Eyed People, Children

science101

<!--quoteo(post=1422548:date=Nov 10 2006, 04:29 PM:name=science101)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(science101 @ Nov 10 2006, 04:29 PM) 1422548[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

okay...it has now been revealed that a person can go & purchase black eyeballs - so what? It doesn't explain the evil aura that surrounds these beings (?); nor does it explain their odd behavior or forceful nature.

Is it hard for us to accept the unknown or must there be a rational explanation for everything?

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes there must be a rational explanation. Sorry, wabbit.

Agreed, there is a rational explanation for everything. The problem is what people consider rational, based on what is probably a limited understanding of how things work. If one considers that things like ghosts, aliens and UFO's just may be real, then the explanation is a perfectly rational one.

Just as rational as swamp gas reflecting off of venus, after hitting a weather balloon on it's way there, with a 9 year old with black contact lenses being there to witness it all.

<!--quoteo(post=1420931:date=Nov 9 2006, 03:17 PM:name=KBA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBA @ Nov 9 2006, 03:17 PM) 1420931[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While that and all the other stories here make good campfire tales, I can't help but assume they're somewhat exaggerated. Especially with that guy's writing style. Very much what I would expect from a proffessional author, it has a fiction-like tone to it.

Not to mention that it just sounds completely absurd.

Do people with black eyes who are evil exist? Maybe, but probably not.

But if they did, and were that evil, I don't assume they'd have to be let in, rather they would just get in on their own.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe not. If they are ghosts then they may be bound by some law or something. They really <i>can't</i> get in unless you give them the OK.

I think it's more likely that some people have watched too many vampire movies. I know there were also X-files episodes with people with black eyes, and I'll make the assumption that the types that frequent boards like this would be more prone to watch such a show.

Not saying these stories are unfathomable. I believe there are many things we cannot readily explain away, and have had an experience myself (Old Hag). The thing is though some people are making a post every week claiming to have had a new experience. Even seeing one in your lifetime puts you ahead of the curve. It's hard to believe, and it p***es me off that people make things up because it discredits genuine accounts in the process. Not saying that these stories in particular are made up, just speaking generally.

• 10 months later...

My theory is that (if they exist) maybe they are a hybrid alien/human.

Maybe trying to slowly convert us and take us over. That's why they want certain people.

Probably not a good idea to hang around them either way.

Up until recently, (and I read that these people were indeed abnormal) I always thought it was normal for a person with "noraml" looking eyes to have them change to pitch black when they are getting ready to, or are doing something really evil. And I mean "evil" like, the kind that scars your soul forever evil. Ive always thought that this was the norm because I grew up around some pretty deranged people, and this is what would happen to their eyes right before they were going to seriously hurt me. I used to associate it with "demons' and 'possession" etc...because it was just SO otherworldly. But now I'm not so sure. I'm not sure that they are people with *always black eyes...I think...maybe it's only during this period of predatory sadistic behavior that their eyes go as dark as the night. And that feeling of such soul shattering dread, THAT was always a factor in my experiences as well. That is what makes me believe these stories. I know this otherworldly fear intimately, a horror that makes you wish death is close and quick. It's not a feeling that can be described, only experienced really. It was the feeling of those experiences I've had with the black eyed people that haunted me the most. The feeling that was so intyense it felt like my world had been repeatedly shattered everytime. And there was always a new level of horror and terror to experience. It tended to compound upon itself throughout my youth, as I encountered them more and more.

Im not sure as to why Ive repeatedly encountered these people, and other people only experience it once. As a kid, I just thought that that is what happens to bad people, it took me til now to realize that this is NOT normal for everyone....I would like to tell you some of the experiences Ive had, but truth be told, it seems a bit too intense for an internet forum...and it also still scares the Holy sh!t out of me to relay and thus relive. But if anyone else is honestly seeking information, and/or wants..well, needs really, to relay their experiences, feel free to contact me via email (Im sure it's listed on the page profile, or just send me a reply here. I would love to understand this better, considering it had such a profound effect on my developement, so replies would be welcome.

Ava

Theres already a thread on this in Urban Legends ..

I think there may have been a few of these Black Eyed People in which the stories are actually true - But most are most likely fake ..

As for the people themselves - And if they do seem to 'Know Things' is debatable ..

Though I wouldn't rule it out because not everything has been explained about these people ..

BUT if you ever meet one of these people - To find out whether for real or not, try this ..

Say - 'Hey, cool contacts, where'd you get 'em?'

And if they answer they're not contacts, Then they're obviously a fake, because they would lose there cover and hence never getting what they wanted from you .. Whether it was to get into your car or your house ..

But if they say that they ARE lenses - Then they're probably lying if they cover the whites of the eyes as well ..

But then again it could just be a person xD

Lol .

The terror experienced when confronted by these people is...well, your body starts to move before you have any concsious thought of telling it to move. It's like time stops, or perception of what is going on is slowed down to a near pause. It's as if something takes control of your body, and you are moving out of the way, or defending yourself in such intricately genius ways (as in, God! If I had had the time to think, what my body did in that situation was perfectly orchestrated to ensure my survival!). I was never capable of being aware of conscious thought during my encounters, I was reduced to a non-thinking state in which my body took over to ensure I'd make it out alive, and hopefully not seriously maimed.I CERTAINLY wasn't thinking "Cool! Now how to prove this to a suspicious public????" I knew it was real. Those times sometimes strike me as MORE real than my day to day life...not sure how to explain that, other than tha. I can remember them with more vivid detail than what I was doing 30 seconds ago. I remember the smells, the one tiny blonde hair sticking up from her eyebrows, the sound of my feet scuffling and slapping pavement, the curly, blue piece of lint that stuck to the visor above his driver's side door,etc....My point to all the skeptics is that, I don't blame you for being skeptical, but can you blame me for being not entirely logical when I was trying to save myself? It's just too hard to try and explain this in words. I think I'll leave that to the rest of the forum. But, hopefully, on some level...maybe someone else can relate to this.

Ava

The terror experienced when confronted by these people is...well, your body starts to move before you have any concsious thought of telling it to move. It's like time stops, or perception of what is going on is slowed down to a near pause. It's as if something takes control of your body, and you are moving out of the way, or defending yourself in such intricately genius ways (as in, God! If I had had the time to think, what my body did in that situation was perfectly orchestrated to ensure my survival!). I was never capable of being aware of conscious thought during my encounters, I was reduced to a non-thinking state in which my body took over to ensure I'd make it out alive, and hopefully not seriously maimed.I CERTAINLY wasn't thinking "Cool! Now how to prove this to a suspicious public????" I knew it was real. Those times sometimes strike me as MORE real than my day to day life...not sure how to explain that, other than tha. I can remember them with more vivid detail than what I was doing 30 seconds ago. I remember the smells, the one tiny blonde hair sticking up from her eyebrows, the sound of my feet scuffling and slapping pavement, the curly, blue piece of lint that stuck to the visor above his driver's side door,etc....My point to all the skeptics is that, I don't blame you for being skeptical, but can you blame me for being not entirely logical when I was trying to save myself? It's just too hard to try and explain this in words. I think I'll leave that to the rest of the forum. But, hopefully, on some level...maybe someone else can relate to this.

Ava

Ava,

I understand very well what you describe. I have an ex husband who abused me horribly in every way. My brain flew into survival mode when I knew he was about to start in on me. I remember his eyes being cold, evil, and soul-less. Not black, but they were already dark brown.

I didn't dare to attack him back because I knew unless I actually killed him on the first strike, I would be pummeled into paste, but my body instinctually moved in ways to help me live. I understand. (( hugs)) GIN

• 1 month later...

I really want to know what these black eyed people were since my encounter with them.

I was a conscript in the Singaporean armed forces. I have encountered this strange breed on one of my exercises as a corporal with an armoured infantry unit.

It was the second last day of my units deployment. We had made our bivouac at a depression in a landscape. Our position backed into the jungle. This feature covered the south western approaches. On the north eastern approach, the terrain was covered in waist high grass for about 300 metres before ending in the treeline ahead.

A raised dirt track bordered the rest of the site from which we've arrived.

As part of our deployment, the site had been reconnoitred by scouts for up to 2km. We had mobile patrols covering out to 10km to determine "enemy" disposition and the lay of the land.

At about 1600, orders came in to move out into more defensible position and my squad was left behind as the rear guard. Our orders were to hold that position till we got our marching orders.

As the simulated enemy had made an attack from the jungle the last 2 days we've decided to form our defensive lines with our back to the road and the armour covering the road.

Our machine-guns were covering the tall grass. The rifles were covering the treeline with the light mortars zeroed in that sector.

All was looking pretty uneventful till the line to our left spotted movement in the grass. It was 1921hours. Light had faded and we were able to see silhouettes in the moonlight. We counted about 40 figures. The order to hold fire was given as I've noticed something odd with that group. They did not look like they were executing an attack. They could have blundered into our defensive lines.

Then it happened... The group broke through the grass. They were all helmeted. The order to fire at will was given. The night vision goggles showed we had no threat from the treeline sector.

I decided to gather up 2 other guys for a flanking assault.

One of the men in the firing line blurted "these guys are not doing anything!" the line continued to lay cover fire as we dashed to a position on the enemy's left flank. We popped thunder flashes to simulate grenades to stop the covering fire. The flanking assult looked a total surprise as the 40 helmeted figures appeared to be scurrying along their line. We covered the 20 metres in a charge guns blazing.

This was when we noticed what the whole group was doing.

They were scurrying back and forth. They were not armed either but otherwise looked kitted out in the darkness. As part of our exercise protocol, I was supposed to identify the enemy and the opposing side was supposed to radio their status to HQ to conclude the segment. When I got close to the opposing commander, I asked him for his identity. He simply gurgled something. I repeated the challenge and got the same odd gurgling. It sounded like he was underwater. I told my cover to fix bayonets and stay close. I switched on my torch and shone the light at him. I noticed his uniform was wrong. I had been an avid war history buff before my conscription and noticed that it had belonged to the Imperial Japanese Army circa 1939-1945. I thought the army had gone creative and I shone a torch at the guys face. I was standing 2 arms length from him. This guy's eyes were black. No whites could be seen. He was not skeletal. He just looked dark with black eyes wearing a foreign uniform.

Thinking he's wearing lenses to look like that,I told him to knock it off and get the process going. He continued to stand there gurgling. I poked him with the barrel of my rifle and it was a solid form. This was when I noticed how the rest of his group appear to be slowly scampering around my group.

Thinking if the group jumped us, we will definitely come off second best,I gave the order to return to the firing line. One of my men asked why I've decided to stop and I just told him I did nit think these guys were in the position to give me one.

I've reported what I've seen in the debriefing. The officer looked back like I was just being funny. So I took him to the firing line and pointed the group out to him. They were still scurrying and squatting about and I offered to take a prisoner for further questioning. My officer rejected the suggestion. After he's contacted the base to check if we had any other units in the area, he decided to pull us out of the area.

Yes. It has been about 20years since it happened. It is strange I hadnt shown or experienced any fear either.

But one thing that stuck with me since was what a crazy night that was and what were they.

If anyone can tell me what they are, I'd really like to know and how they came about. Thanks.

The men loaded up and

This is defenatly a weird thread. I think this is just like a topic someone started a few months ago. One thing I would like to know is: It has been stated that if you let them into your house or car then you are killed. So my next question would be, "How would anyone know?" If you invite them in and they use some mind weirdness on you and you die of a crushed heart or something, Iam almost certin that the death certificate is not going to read, "Cause of death, exploded heart do to contact with black eyed kids." It is just not something any one can say for sure. I really don't think this is anything other than just a weird story that has gotten out of hand. Its just way to far fectched and unbelievable. Some one would have looked into this a little deeper and found out the real story. I guess Iam not going to believe it until they show up on my porch someday!.

Rocketgirll B)

You know...if they do exist , the black eyes would be so striking -it would be easy to understand why the dread or feeling of being paralyzed with fear comes about. I showed my kids a freaky picture photoshopped of what a BEK should look like and it was pretty creepy. It also has a lot of similarities in each account.

Really interesting stuff!

Working Class AL

I think its just all a new urban legend stemming from pop culture. Demons in Buffy, Supernatural, several movies, ect have all been depicted as having all black eyes. Not to mention the contact lenses that I'm sure some people wear in public just to get a reaction out of other people. Hell, I even know a few people myself who have such dark eyes, that if they squint it looks like all black to me. Creepy, but that's about it.

I love the stories circulating about the black-eye phenomena. I don't have any firsthand experience with anything paranormal other than a handful of dead people, so this theme is still a big question mark for me. But I keep an open mind. I would love for these people to be real, just for the hell of it. However, I run in circles of people who would kill to get their hands on a pair of black sclera contacts, so I can't rule out adventurous teenagers altogether. Also, there is the concept of corneal tattoos. This is a process through which one can inject ink of any color into both the iris and/or the whites of one's eyes. Very painful, I'm sure. It usually takes 30-40 injections to completely black out the eye, and there is always the chance of complications, but it's out there and it can be done. People with corneal tats can see just fine. So there is an alternative route to obtaining such eyes, although I don't know why anyone would want to make such a dangerous, painful and permanent change. Just another tidbit to add to the mix. I am in no way trying to discount any of these stories; like I've mentioned, I think they're wonderful. But an open mind doesn't always mean a superstitious one.

After reading this all I can think of aside from creepy, is the eyes in the Supernatural show when ever some bum turns into a demon. Full black out demonic eyes coming right up! fries on the side sir?

Crazy contacts can creep you out regardless, I was at a rave at the CNE grounds in Toronto several years back and the huge guy was just wigging me out. I could not figure out why just looking at him made me all uneasy, (I was not high on drugs, was there for Eminem concert on Easter eve one year-it sucked) After a few passes over his face his eyes hit me. They were not black, they were a yellow spiral on white. White was glowing under black lights and the yellow was neon and if you looked directly at them, they seemed to spin. It was an optical illusion of course, but wow it was creepy as anything.

Ava,

I am really intersted in your experiences with BEPs. If you're still around and wouldn't mind, could you share a story that you're least uncomfortable sharing?

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to bring this page back up instead of making a new one. I found a new article on the Black Eyed Children/people

My link

Maybe there are some new stories to add to this growing list. There is also a blog link of someone who is collecting stories and experiences of the Black Eyes Children.

These stories are nice and creepy, perfect for Halloween. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Found this link today:

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/10/26/submitted-story-black-eyed-kids-terrorize-camper

Really long and rambling, but the core story is good. I'd advise you speed read this one.

Read the link, and all i can say is wow! I would hate to meet a BEK :unsure2:

Wow, yet another one. It's so funny how everyone just assumes all of these ridiculous stories are 100 percent true. After all, no one lies on the internet right?

If that's all you had to say, why did you even say anything?

Anyway, Jason Offutt is doing a series of posts on BEP's. Check out part one here: http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2010/11/black-eyed-woman-in-australia.html

Hey, you used your first or second post to ask a retarded question. You are a winner sir! I said it because there are god knows how many of these lame BEK threads on this site and countless more on the web at large. Most of them are so obviously made up and fakes that it boggles the mind but yet people always take em as gospel. Sooooo strange that these stories ALL started happening after Bethel's original one got popular. Why weren't there any before then? And why are like 98 percent of em just ripoffs of that first one? Seriously, i read one yesterday that was basically the first one in its entirety but in a slightly different setting. But whatever floats your boat. I do admit that some of em are interesting stories and a bit creepy but it's getting kinda comical now. It's a public forum and i can post whatever i want as long as it's within the rules. So...yeah.

As an add-on, i see you've provided a link to from the shadows. For another incident of mass fiction, look no further than the Harlequin story on that site. The first one comes out, and it is a good story, now people ALL OVER THE WORLD are reporting having run-ins with this creature. But let's just all leave our heads in the sand and pretend there's nothing weird goin on about that huh?

Edited by kurethmu

Oh yeah, it's real mature to throw around the word "retarded." Not only do you feel it is your responsibility to "enlighten" us lowly superstitious folk, you also feel you need petty insults to get your point across. People like you are a dime a dozen on the internet.

Oh yeah, it's real mature to throw around the word "retarded." Not only do you feel it is your responsibility to "enlighten" us lowly superstitious folk, you also feel you need petty insults to get your point across. People like you are a dime a dozen on the internet.

Hahaha, i don't feel the need to enlighten any of you and i don't care much for impressing people with my "maturity." I stated my opinion and that's all it is. If you feel insulted maybe you shouldn't have said what you said first. There wasn't any need for it beyond you trying to meet some need of your own. I say what i want when i want and i don't need to run it by you or anyone else. You haven't been on this site very long, i have. One thing that is irritating is when someone makes a new thread about something that has already been discussed millions of times before. BEKs are one of those topics. And no point that i made can be refuted can it? You wanna go on believing in the black-eyed boogey-man go right ahead, but don't get angry when someone thinks it's funny and calls you on it. Now i'm sure you got some weak come back designed to make you appear to be the bigger man or woman but don't even bother. I'll leave you superstitious folk to your fairy tales and won't even come back in this thread again. How's that for bein a grown up?

• 5 weeks later...

One time I was walking down the street (in daylight) and I turned around and seen this person's eyes turn into black pits then disappeared...but I don't know if you would consider that a BEK or not. It was a crazy experience..I've also seen something similar (I guess) in my old house. It was a short person with a blurry face peeking around the corner. I could make everything out but it's face...

Oh and also a friend of mine was looking in a mirror once and behind him he saw himself but with black pits for eyes...he freaked out and it disappeared....

well.. one thing is for sure that these story are very good and interesting .. but im a very open minded person when it comes to things like this... and i would never be able to say that such thing could not exist.. i just hope it nvr happen to me if they do.