Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Create a Cryptid

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Create and visualize your own cryptic creatures.

Name:

Origins:

Visual Description:

Behavior:

I'll post mine later, in a hour or two.

Name: mothsquatchman (prefers Bob)

Origin: eastern united states

Visual Description: (see below)

Behavior: not really sure, but i think its causing a lot of mothman AND bigfoot sightings

mothsquatch-1.jpg

• Like 1

Name: Squidman

Origins: Mutated squid at a street market just arrived and was taken out of a freezer to be taken out front and sold, thought to be dead but was infact waiting for its prey, MAN. Jumped on this poor fellas face and used its tentacles to pull the man it latched to into a secluded area as it mutated him. Some of the tentacles infected the brain and caused a transformation. How is it mutated?, who nows analysts following its story believe its ancestors were living near nuclear test sights in French Polynesia in the 50's & 60's and this is one of the off spring.

Visual Description: The Squid attaches itself to your mouth, kind of like a face hugger but works differently. It forms a grip with a couple of tentacles around the lower part of the head just above the neck. In the meantime some of its tentacles pierce the flesh and bone of the skull on the right side of the face above the right eye, while the head itself becomes deformed and looking like the head piece of a squid but smaller and the shape is based around the Human head with a dent pushing inwards on the right and a point on top built up from the left side. The left eye falls out and is replaced by Squid flesh resulting in one giant black eye forming on the main part of the squid just below the right part of the eye. With the mouth covered in squid a new one is formed to the left of the face were the chin used to be resulting in a mouth piece out of place. This mouth piece is pushed out with four grasper teeth facing eachother and a miniture set of teeth on the inside of the mouth. At this time the host is already dead suffering from head trauma and suffocation so there is no Human alive and has just become a flesh hungry squidman. The rest of the body remains intact but as time goes on it mutates further with arms known to turn into large tentacles capable of snapping necks. The Human brain is eventually destroyed by the Squid as it eats the brain overtime to fund its transformation process leaving it with a Squid brain. Remaining tentacles remain dangling from the face and act as a third hand for when consuming its prey, the tentacles will hold the victim in place as it slowly devours them.

Behaviour: Similar to a zombie but runs on a Squids brain it has a hunter mentality and is always looking for flesh.

• Like 1

This took more of a humorous direction then I thought it would..

Name: Sakadorian

Origins: Secluded forests in Australia

Visual Description: Slightly resembles a feathered velociraptor. No taller then three feet. Pale blue eyes. Sharp claws. Feathers usually consist of vibrant greens, reds, blues, and purples.

Behavior: Omnivore. Feasts on vegetation and small rodents. Hisses at intruders, and often resorts to using claws for defensive measures. Makes sharp yelping noises at night.

name: Treehugger

Origin: First sighted during a nature campaign to preserve the area but later on several hippies were devoured by this beast for intrusion into the forest, believed to be a centuries old curse in a secluded forest.

Visual appearance: any tree that has been hugged, its roots are used as legs to scale the landscape in search of any intruders, the mouth is usually found on the lower part of the tree and was once a home were animals would burrow. The inside is full of spikey bark that cut up its prey which is anything living that it stumbles across. The top part where the leaves are located is used a bulldozer to crush its victims similar to how an Elephant uses its forehead to crush people.

Behaviour: Simple minded, doing as the curse intended.

Edited by Pezmo

name: Treehugger

Origin: First sighted during a nature campaign to preserve the area but later on several hippies were devoured by this beast for intrusion into the forest, believed to be a centuries old curse in a secluded forest.

Visual appearance: any tree that has been hugged, its roots are used as legs to scale the landscape in search of any intruders, the mouth is usually found on the lower part of the tree and was once a home were animals would burrow. The inside is full of spikey bark that cut up its prey which is anything living that it stumbles across. The top part where the leaves are located is used a bulldozer to crush its victims similar to how an Elephant uses its forehead to crush people.

Behaviour: Simple minded, doing as the curse intended.

treebeard says... dont be hasty bahroom hroom hm

treebeard says... dont be hasty bahroom hroom hm

I think thats the tree of lord of the rings but I don't now .. :lol::hmm:

I think thats the tree of lord of the rings but I don't now .. :lol::hmm:

yeah the're cousins with the treehugger species...

yeah the're cousins with the treehugger species...

I knew it!, I bloody knew it! :lol::w00t:

Name: The Ozark Quillbeast

Origins: Unknown (Possible crossbreed of boar and porcupine!)

Visual Description: A large, bristle-furred squat beast, very compact with short, powerful limbs. Occasionally described with large tusks. Beast's back is covered with long quills, as long as a man's forearm and around as thick as a finger (Important note, quills can be thrown! Range is not a safety cushion!) that are incredibly difficult to remove, and stories from before the white man say that it is either poisonous or causes huge infections! Eyes are occasionally described as an evil red color.

Behavior: Very reclusive, the Ozark quillbeast flees an area the second in realizes there are humans anywhere near. May be psychic, as the entire population seems to leave en-masse. This is possible because there's so much unexplored land in the Ozarks that mankind has never, ever laid eyes on. The beast is notoriously aggressive, too! Nobody's sure why they attack some people and then abandon areas as soon as there's a human sighting, there are a lot of conflicting stories but nobody ever calls attention to that. If it can't quill you, it will charge and maim you with its tusks. They seem to be dutiful parents though, since no one has ever seen a new one, that has to mean they take care to keep them hidden from us!

Behavior: not really sure, but i think its causing a lot of mothman AND bigfoot sightings

mothsquatch-1.jpg

Ha! :lol:

This took more of a humorous direction then I thought it would..

Silly noob. :)

OH! I don't have to invent one, because it already exists:

Name: Purple demon succubus ostrich

Description: REALLY? Come on its a big freakin purple ostrich with glowing pastel pink eyes, quite pretty actually, and huge ferocious fangs. Oh yeah and claws, big ones, got to have claws.

What it does: Oh you don't want to know what this thing does, trust me.

Mike

Name: Ostricat

Origin: Central Africa

Description: Typical Lion features and size except for the long neck they developed to be able to reach fruits on the trees.

Behavior: These cats evolved because they developed a taste for the fermented fruit that falls from the trees in the fall. They evolved extra long necks to better able to reach the fermented fruits on the trees right before they fall (and therefore ensure them the biggest harvest). These cats are feared almost extinct from hunting as they are usually in a drunken stupor and unable to flee or defend themselves.

Video of african animals getting drunk....sadly no elusive Ostricats are shown. ;)

Edited by Jewels1958

Ha! :lol:

oh its 4real real, not for play play!

oh its 4real real, not for play play!

Quit it, my sides are hurting! :lol:

Quit it, my sides are hurting! :lol:

ROFL!!!

Name: CheeWolf

Origins: I made it up when I was little lol. It's half cheetah half wolf. No one knows where it came from but when you see one its a warning of danger. It is mostly spotted in Illinois USA.

Visual Description: Looks like a wolf with cheetah tear marks and a cheetah tail. It is almost transparent. It has spots on it's back but not anywhere else. It fur color is a yellowish brown and it is short haired. It has red haunting eyes and it's stare strikes fear to anyone who looks directly into their eyes

Behavior: Mostly appears where danger is present and at night. It usually just watches and stares. When they are frightened or feel threatened they will run so fast that they disappear into the air. No one has ever gotten close enough to one to see how they would behave up close and personal.

Lol IDK that's just from the top of my head :P lame I know :P

Edited by Disembodied Voice

mothsquatch-1.jpg

This made me laugh probably more than it should. Then again, that would be quite the foreboding creature if it existed. :P

This made me laugh probably more than it should. Then again, that would be quite the foreboding creature if it existed. :P

:tu:B)

Name:honey badger man

Origin:a human woman took a shine to a honey badger. They had a few drinks spent the night together and then went their separate ways untill 9 months later when honey badger man was born and took off into the woods!

Description:man sized,covered in black hair with a white stripe down its back,big pointy teeth and a mean streak a mile wide!

Behaviour:like the honey badger,commonly known as one of the most agressive and fearless animals on earth,honey bbadger man shows no fear. He only attack prey larger than himself so only really tall people and giraffes should fear him. he is attracted to female humans and will instantly be under your command for a jar of honey...hates toffee, r n b and goats.

mothsquatch-1.jpg

Its the pose that really gets me. Like he's about to say "hi I'm mothsquach and welcome to the jazz hour.....

Name: Octofoot!

Origin: Evil scientists secretly found a live bigfoot specimen in the late 80's and merged its DNA with an octopus... For the hell of it!

Visual Description: Image below in all of it's 'This proves nothing! It's just a mindless blur!' glory.

Behavior: Maniacal, menacing, somewhat of a clown. I also hear it's a good cook! Can frequently be found at poker games with the jersey devil.

2d8kqq9.jpg

Its the pose that really gets me. Like he's about to say "hi I'm mothsquach and welcome to the jazz hour.....

rofl :tu: good visual for me!

Name: Octofoot!

Origin: Evil scientists secretly found a live bigfoot specimen in the late 80's and merged its DNA with an octopus... For the hell of it!

Visual Description: Image below in all of it's 'This proves nothing! It's just a mindless blur!' glory.

Behavior: Maniacal, menacing, somewhat of a clown. I also hear it's a good cook! Can frequently be found at poker games with the jersey devil.

2d8kqq9.jpg

i been wanting to do something with the jersey devil but i havent thought of anything just yet... maybe orang pendek and the jersey devil got their shine on as well??? LMAO B)