Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampirism

LucidElement

that was funny. nice one.

Which, with all do respect, is not Vampirism. It's a lifestyle choice.

agreed, I read through it and it's more a philosophy than anything. Typical of modern day vampire culture.

Jason! Good to see you around man. Been a while.

Should it be considered a culture, rather than a fad?

Ehhh, i guess due to its length in history (despite its alterations), id say it is more of a culture than a fad. Yes.

Cultures change, as does this one.

I'm still iffy. But then, I have nothing nice to say about these "vampires", because it all seems like such rubbish and a horrible attempt at trying to be something other than a good human being. I don't understand and I surely don't want to, because I find there is nothing wrong with enjoying one's self as a human, instead of having to give your life some special meaning with a name that is associated with evil and inhuman natures.

So, theyre not real.

Also, where is your source for all of that? http://www.hellhorror.com/vampires/history_of_vampires/ This it?

But as for

"Reign of Longinus, Rome's Vampire Emperor.

Charlemagne defeats Quadilla the Vampire thus saving Rome"

That doesnt even make sense, and isnt true in the slightest. Probably because Romes ruler at that time was antoninus pius. Also, charlemagne (wanna be ruler of them) and his story of fighting that vampire isnt anywhere for me to see.

Id really check your sources next time, as im sure much other parts of it are flawed.

I agree with moulder and also by the time lines above vlad the impaler would have only been 7 years old when he was killed??????

I agree with moulder and also by the time lines above vlad the impaler would have only been 7 years old when he was killed??????

Vlad was actually chuck norris though. Who killed before he was even concieved.

how was vlad the impaler killed? i do know. please tell me how he was killed. and vampires where talked about be for he came along to. thats what i heard. i look it up.

LOL Vampires in general are utter nonsense. Great boogeyman stories from back in the day what Romania? Any retard in this day and age saying he's a vampire is some kind of attention seeking freak, outcast from society for obvious reasons. Lock these people up and throw away the key. Or just give them some much needed electroshock therapy. :lol:

how was vlad the impaler killed? i do know. please tell me how he was killed. and vampires where talked about be for he came along to. thats what i heard. i look it up.

Books I've read basically sum it up this way...

Vlad Dracula was killed in battle against the Turks near the town of Bucharest in December of 1476. Some reports indicate that he was assassinated by disloyal Wallachian boyars just as he was about to sweep the Turks from the field. Other accounts have him falling in defeat, surrounded by the ranks of his loyal Moldavian bodyguard. Still other reports claim that Vlad, at the moment of victory, was accidentally struck down by one of his own men. The one undisputed fact is that ultimately his body was decapitated by the Turks and his head sent to Constantinople where the sultan had it displayed on a stake as proof that the horrible Impaler was finally dead. He was reportedly buried at Snagov, an island monastery located near Bucharest.

Note the part in bold. Here is the LINK

Click on, or scroll down to where it says "The end of Vlad the III"

Vampire myth is said to have a lot of grounding from Greek mythology, through blood/energy consuming beings of the "underworld" But it was not really until the Slavic and Eastern European folklore (around the late 13th-14th century I think) that the Vampire basically got it's separate identity.

Vampire myth is said to have a lot of grounding from Greek mythology, through blood/energy consuming beings of the "underworld" But it was not really until the Slavic and Eastern European folklore (around the late 13th-14th century I think) that the Vampire basically got it's separate identity.

Kinda. But they look a Hell of a lot different than your modern "Vampires". Almost like a sucubus too, but drinking blood as well.

Some went for men, others went for kids. You could almost say they were ghostly/spectre/spiritual in a way.

Kinda. But they look a Hell of a lot different than your modern "Vampires". Almost like a sucubus too, but drinking blood as well.

Some went for men, others went for kids. You could almost say they were ghostly/spectre/spiritual in a way.

there like leech's. there parsites that drink blood. to survive. leech people. it's resident evil all over again. LOL.

And i heard that vlad had a broher. and it was his brother that killed him. by sending a assasin. but other book's say tey tried every thing to kill him. posion and the likes but it was a stake to the hart that killed him. s that true. or are those books fake. my freind showed me a book. but i told him it was fake. but i'm asking u is it true or not how he was assainated? i think the book was a fiction one. i say fake right?

Books I've read basically sum it up this way...

Note the part in bold. Here is the LINK

Click on, or scroll down to where it says "The end of Vlad the III"

ok thanks for the link. now i can write my freinds book as a fiction book. with nothing backing it up.

Yes exactly, but there is a lot to suggest that these old stories fed the later Vampire myth that arose. And yes entities of Greek mythology were said to be more of a spiritual nature rather than the actual "walking" dead corpse. Incubus/Succubus for example (more considered a demon really) was more known for their err sexual appetite, I don't recall much blood drinking associated with them, more the draining of energy through sexual arousal/intercourse. So I guess due to the nature of their feeding they're closely associated with Vampires. There is for example old accounts in Balkan folklore of Vampires coming back to their wives/women and having intercourse with them, which later bore the "Dhampir" lore. That part is shady though, I haven't been able to find a great deal of info on them, which is no big surprise I guess lol. But once the vampire lore got onto it's feet the great hysteria was born, and they were commonly described/believed to be mindless walking corpses who fed on a person's body/blood. Hence why graves were dug up and corpses beheaded, burnt etc.

So I guess you could say that succubus and Vampires (plus all bits and pieces from other lore) have been bread together it would seem to produce the "deadly sensual" blood drinkers in Gothic literature. Since then, the Vampire has just continued to evolve lol.

And you're welcome Zombiekiller :)

Edited by Moon Minion

Sorry for the double post. My Connection problem takes the responsibility for this.

Edited by kevinist

Im listining to coast to coast (radio show, about paranormal) and tonight they had a guest on who claims hes a real life vampire. Its interesting to hear him speak and the things he does to keep his "energy level up" such as drink blood. He wrote a book dealing with some things about his life, and how to live the life of a vampire. Check it out... http://www.curledup.com/fgtvamps.htm .......... its just a summary of the book and a bit about his life.. but its interesting to read.. let me know what you guys think about the whole being a modern-day vampire.

The creature that called Vampire has so many shapes according to the culture:

• Chinese : The vampire on Chinese culture has Manchu's officers shape. The vampire walk by jumping with its hands lifted. (You can look at Chinese's vampire movie)
  • Europe : The vampire has the shape of a bat, which can transform in human shape, with big and sharp teeth.
  • United States : The vampire has the shape of handsome and beautiful human kind like Erward and his family (Cullen) LOL

Note: The last one, is just kidding

• Like 1

The creature that called Vampire has so many shapes according to the culture:

• Chinese : The vampire on Chinese culture has Manchu's officers shape. The vampire walk by jumping with its hands lifted. (You can look at Chinese's vampire movie)
  • Europe : The vampire has the shape of a bat, which can transform in human shape, with big and sharp teeth.
  • United States : The vampire has the shape of handsome and beautiful human kind like Erward and his family (Cullen) LOL

Note: The last one, is just kidding

...If there was one person i could kill, and it wouldnt get traced back to me...

...If there was one person i could kill, and it wouldnt get traced back to me...

would be me. right or the other guy yes?

Im listining to coast to coast (radio show, about paranormal) and tonight they had a guest on who claims hes a real life vampire. Its interesting to hear him speak and the things he does to keep his "energy level up" such as drink blood. He wrote a book dealing with some things about his life, and how to live the life of a vampire. Check it out... http://www.curledup.com/fgtvamps.htm .......... its just a summary of the book and a bit about his life.. but its interesting to read.. let me know what you guys think about the whole being a modern-day vampire.

Vampirism is real, and doesn't have to do with just chosing a lifestyle, but on how something gains energy from something else. Those who want to live a lifestyle evolving around vampirism can be dangerious and perhaps some that is the allure. There is a difference between living a fun exotic life of blood drinking, for the allure and turn ons, and one that has a person feels the need to feed off the blood of another.

Some claim to be real vampires that can drain energy, and there has been testing to prove something is taking place. But not enough to prove one is actually draining a person of their energy.

There are different kinds of vampirism, and that is a person becomes a hosts to something thats attached to them and feeds from that person in mulitiple ways, through fear, sex, anger, depression, and even suicide and pain. So there is a difference in the question being asked, is vampirism real, yes, but is a person really a vampire, remains to be seen.

would be me. right or the other guy yes?

Youre fine. Itd be edward cullen.

Vampirism is real, and doesn't have to do with just chosing a lifestyle, but on how something gains energy from something else. Those who want to live a lifestyle evolving around vampirism can be dangerious and perhaps some that is the allure. There is a difference between living a fun exotic life of blood drinking, for the allure and turn ons, and one that has a person feels the need to feed off the blood of another.

Some claim to be real vampires that can drain energy, and there has been testing to prove something is taking place. But not enough to prove one is actually draining a person of their energy.

There are different kinds of vampirism, and that is a person becomes a hosts to something thats attached to them and feeds from that person in mulitiple ways, through fear, sex, anger, depression, and even suicide and pain. So there is a difference in the question being asked, is vampirism real, yes, but is a person really a vampire, remains to be seen.

What testing has been done?

Let's see, if memory serves, this way you can check it out for yourself, on an episode of TAP's. The thermal imaging and technical is what I believe in, no oooh I had this feeling of something touching me. So anyway's TAP'S was filming this sensitive who does reading of people, and they did this with the thermal on. The readers hands put out alot of heat that radiated out in a red aura around him and than started to surround the investigator allowing this reading, what's his name, baldy , hehe.You could tell my his facial structure he wasn't really into believing in someone reading him, and when the reading started to pretty close to heart, you could see this new aura come out and start to block the reading. Pretty cool! What's your feelings on this? Is this somekind of evidence of something taking place or do aura's just normally start to form like that? It started to look like a clash and rainbows. :blink:

oops! The testing, it happen with this proof positive episode (I think!). They had this vampire who says she can drain people of their energy. They had her hooked up to something that does energy readings and found there was a significant change in the surroundings, but nothing conclusive. :blink:

Let's see, if memory serves, this way you can check it out for yourself, on an episode of TAP's. The thermal imaging and technical is what I believe in, no oooh I had this feeling of something touching me. So anyway's TAP'S was filming this sensitive who does reading of people, and they did this with the thermal on. The readers hands put out alot of heat that radiated out in a red aura around him and than started to surround the investigator allowing this reading, what's his name, baldy , hehe.You could tell my his facial structure he wasn't really into believing in someone reading him, and when the reading started to pretty close to heart, you could see this new aura come out and start to block the reading. Pretty cool! What's your feelings on this? Is this somekind of evidence of something taking place or do aura's just normally start to form like that? It started to look like a clash and rainbows. :blink:

Wow. So you think TAPs, the freaking tv show, is proof. Wow.

oops! The testing, it happen with this proof positive episode (I think!). They had this vampire who says she can drain people of their energy. They had her hooked up to something that does energy readings and found there was a significant change in the surroundings, but nothing conclusive. :blink:

Dude. There are no true vampires. I wish there were.