Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird dreams that some times come true

arglebargle

Okay, so pretty much all my life I have had dreams that seem odd, very lifelike, almost always in color, and strong colors at that. They have wildly different contents, and while I do not remember most of my dreams, some of them are remembered when I wake. I occasionally write down these dreams, and I have found that over the years, quite a few of them have seemingly come true. Some of these are very specific and absolutely completely unrealistic dreams or so they seem at the time. There are examples that can be mentioned but I won't go into more than one right now.

So okay, one time, I dreamt this dream that seemed very very strange to me. I dreamt that I was out in some desert somewhere, at an old gas station, and suddenly I see Nicholas Cage there in a jumpsuit. He worked there. Then I woke up, and thought to myself that was pretty weird, considering the guy is a wealthy actor, why would he be working at a gas station in a desert somewhere? So I wrote it down in this little book I have where I write down dreams, random inspirations, game level passwords and just about anything else. I got that book when I was 4-5 or something and made good use of it too. Anyway. So I write down this dream, and then I forget about it after a while. I guess it might have been half a year or more later, I see Gone in 60 Seconds for the first time, and I recognize one of the first scenes in the movie from my dream. I thought to myself, wait, didn't I dream this once? Wtf? and sure enough, I found my old book and the old note about that dream. It is possible that I added the details from the scene to the memory of my dream, such as the yellowish tint, and everything else, but I could have sworn I had seen it exactly like that in my dream. So that was a pretty weird one that apparently came true - but in a movie. I am fairly confident I had not seen a trailer for it either, but I cannot exlude this absolutely 100%, but I am as confident as can be, that I had not seen it before.

Also, Today I remembered one of the most frightening dreams I have had in my life. It happened when I was young, somewhere in my preteens. Maybe 9 or 10, so probably around 1997-1998. This was before I even knew what global warming, 2012 end of days hysteria and all that was. I guess I might have heard the term global warming, but if so, I had no idea about the now well known consequences of it. But I had two seperate dreams related to the town I live in being swallowed by the ocean. And they felt very real.

In the first one, I am sitting on the pier a lazy summer day, looking out at the ocean, the ships and whatnot sail past. It is my hometown, but with some elements to it that make me think of a Thai fishing village or something, Like the smaller fishing boats and some of the foliage, clearly points to some sort of Asian influence. But I digress. Anyway, so I sit there and watch, and suddenly I spot something far out at sea. My heart starts beating faster and faster, I can hear the blood pumping, I get up and run as fast as I can, but it's no use. A gigantic tidal wave engulfs me and everything else, sweeping hundreds of miles inland, crushing everything in its path. And then I wake up. I wrote it down in the book and then after a few weeks I had forgotten about it again.

Then comes another dream, I am not sure when I dreamt it, but it can't have been more than a year after the previous one, tops. I am still in my hometown, but this time I am in the actual town, rather than on the outskirts by the water. It's cold, raining, and there are hundreds if not thousands of people out in the streets. The water level has risen by about 45 feet compared to normal. Some of the houses are almost submerged, and people are crying for help everywhere. It's getting dark. Everything has a midnight blue tint to it, and it really is as if I am there. I can still feel it, still hear the screams and cries of terrified children. I see a young girl that has been swept out to sea and is fighting to stay alive in the cold water. We try to help her, but before the situation goes one way or another, the dream ends. Once again I write it down as a strange dream.

Now, today I rewatched the David Wilcock interviewing Graham Hancock interview "Setting History Free" and they discuss flood myths and the speculations around 2012 and so forth. And then I came to think of the global warming, and the floods that were caused by this phenomena at the end of the last ice age, and something similar is looming on the horizon for mankind. If large ice caps start smelting gradually - as they apparently are - and pool up water until they crack open and release an entire ocean worth of water, scenarios like what I described could very well take place at some point. And this reminded me of my dreams, and I thought I'd post them here.

Now, by all means, I do not think I have had prophetic dreams of a cataclysmic event to come, but it felt so real. So I was wondering, has anyone else had similar experiences? A pattern of dreams that oftentimes come true in unexpected ways? And dreams, maybe half-remembered, of large events like this? Would be interesting to see what other peoples experiences are on this. :>

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arglebargle

• AlwaysAware24

• Sevastiel

Because I've had both types of dreams before, I'm only offering what their meaning was on the chance that yours weren't precog.

The only truly precognitive dreams I've had are few here and there and covered mundane events, nothing extreme or world-impacting (well, except maybe for my world).

The tidal wave of the first one may have been a warning to you about the consequences of emotional distancing.

Things cannot be ignored forever. It is unhealthy to distance ourselves for too long, however comfortable and safe it feels to avoid facing things for awhile. A little getaway is good; not a lot. Trying to go on vacation forever just isn't realistic. Extremes always lead to consequences. Etc.

The second one sounds a lot like what the consequences would be.

Cities in dreams represent the societies we know and parts of cities represent parts of that society (as can churches, organizations, etc).

The 'feelings' and other symbols surounding this help determine how to interpret.

The flood can symbolize emoitonal turmoil; 'sub-current' as it were. We are not always aware of what makes us emotional or what the true, underlying cause of our feelings is. If we don't seek to find out what these things are, either by our own efforts or by seeking help from others, the pressure builds and the water gets deeper until we are eventually backed into a corner (or stuck on a roof-top) and have to do something.

Cataclysmic events in dreams typically represent a feeling within ourselves that our lives are being turned upside down and inside out.

It can feel as if it's too much and cause panic and fear.

The little girl needs saving because she represents the archetype of innocent emotional nature that only desires to be loved and accepted. When she is hurt, we flinch away. Men probably have the little girl symbol more than women in this regard, especially in the west where it is socially conditioned that men not be too emotionally expressional. There's nothing a man feels more protective of than his little girl.

In any case, they're indicative of emotional stressors that you may need to meditate on, do some soul searching or something along those lines.

It's a good start to stop worrying your life is coming to an end. Sometimes all that is needed is new perspective and a new approach to let the sun shine in.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so pretty much all my life I have had dreams that seem odd, very lifelike, almost always in color, and strong colors at that. They have wildly different contents, and while I do not remember most of my dreams, some of them are remembered when I wake. I occasionally write down these dreams, and I have found that over the years, quite a few of them have seemingly come true. Some of these are very specific and absolutely completely unrealistic dreams or so they seem at the time. There are examples that can be mentioned but I won't go into more than one right now.

So okay, one time, I dreamt this dream that seemed very very strange to me. I dreamt that I was out in some desert somewhere, at an old gas station, and suddenly I see Nicholas Cage there in a jumpsuit. He worked there. Then I woke up, and thought to myself that was pretty weird, considering the guy is a wealthy actor, why would he be working at a gas station in a desert somewhere? So I wrote it down in this little book I have where I write down dreams, random inspirations, game level passwords and just about anything else. I got that book when I was 4-5 or something and made good use of it too. Anyway. So I write down this dream, and then I forget about it after a while. I guess it might have been half a year or more later, I see Gone in 60 Seconds for the first time, and I recognize one of the first scenes in the movie from my dream. I thought to myself, wait, didn't I dream this once? Wtf? and sure enough, I found my old book and the old note about that dream. It is possible that I added the details from the scene to the memory of my dream, such as the yellowish tint, and everything else, but I could have sworn I had seen it exactly like that in my dream. So that was a pretty weird one that apparently came true - but in a movie. I am fairly confident I had not seen a trailer for it either, but I cannot exlude this absolutely 100%, but I am as confident as can be, that I had not seen it before.

Also, Today I remembered one of the most frightening dreams I have had in my life. It happened when I was young, somewhere in my preteens. Maybe 9 or 10, so probably around 1997-1998. This was before I even knew what global warming, 2012 end of days hysteria and all that was. I guess I might have heard the term global warming, but if so, I had no idea about the now well known consequences of it. But I had two seperate dreams related to the town I live in being swallowed by the ocean. And they felt very real.

In the first one, I am sitting on the pier a lazy summer day, looking out at the ocean, the ships and whatnot sail past. It is my hometown, but with some elements to it that make me think of a Thai fishing village or something, Like the smaller fishing boats and some of the foliage, clearly points to some sort of Asian influence. But I digress. Anyway, so I sit there and watch, and suddenly I spot something far out at sea. My heart starts beating faster and faster, I can hear the blood pumping, I get up and run as fast as I can, but it's no use. A gigantic tidal wave engulfs me and everything else, sweeping hundreds of miles inland, crushing everything in its path. And then I wake up. I wrote it down in the book and then after a few weeks I had forgotten about it again.

Then comes another dream, I am not sure when I dreamt it, but it can't have been more than a year after the previous one, tops. I am still in my hometown, but this time I am in the actual town, rather than on the outskirts by the water. It's cold, raining, and there are hundreds if not thousands of people out in the streets. The water level has risen by about 45 feet compared to normal. Some of the houses are almost submerged, and people are crying for help everywhere. It's getting dark. Everything has a midnight blue tint to it, and it really is as if I am there. I can still feel it, still hear the screams and cries of terrified children. I see a young girl that has been swept out to sea and is fighting to stay alive in the cold water. We try to help her, but before the situation goes one way or another, the dream ends. Once again I write it down as a strange dream.

Now, today I rewatched the David Wilcock interviewing Graham Hancock interview "Setting History Free" and they discuss flood myths and the speculations around 2012 and so forth. And then I came to think of the global warming, and the floods that were caused by this phenomena at the end of the last ice age, and something similar is looming on the horizon for mankind. If large ice caps start smelting gradually - as they apparently are - and pool up water until they crack open and release an entire ocean worth of water, scenarios like what I described could very well take place at some point. And this reminded me of my dreams, and I thought I'd post them here.

Now, by all means, I do not think I have had prophetic dreams of a cataclysmic event to come, but it felt so real. So I was wondering, has anyone else had similar experiences? A pattern of dreams that oftentimes come true in unexpected ways? And dreams, maybe half-remembered, of large events like this? Would be interesting to see what other peoples experiences are on this. :>

I have experienced dreams that are precog and emotional driven for the past 34 years. I was never able to discuss my thoughts and views with anyone because years ago you would just be ridiculed and laughed at if you did. I managed somehow to teach myself which dreams were precog and which were stress or emotional driven by certain aspects of a particularly strong dream. Kind of hard for me to explain. In prophetic dreams I am being shown partial details like numbers, location and conversations with people, whether I know them or not telling me something about the event. I get enough information to know what's coming but not everything. Even after all these years I still get shocked when a dream comes true. The emotional and stressful dreams are less interactive scenes being felt by yourself. For me it's kind of like going through a photo album where people and places make you feel a certain way for each picture. I hope I was able to offer some insight for you.

Thanks for the replies, Sevastiel and AlwaysAware24. Yeah I think it was most likely a stress induced dream, though for me I rarely see details like names, numbers, etc, like you do - AlwaysAware24 - even when some of them appear to come true.

Thanks for the replies, Sevastiel and AlwaysAware24. Yeah I think it was most likely a stress induced dream, though for me I rarely see details like names, numbers, etc, like you do - AlwaysAware24 - even when some of them appear to come true.

Your right Ranyhyn, everyone is different. I guess it all depends on how the individual feels about it. When I was a teenager I knew these dreams were more than just a coincidence, but still second guessed myself for quite a few years, along with the fact of not having an option to talk about it. I hope you don't mind it if I say, I have a suggestion that might be able to help. If you find it hard to separate precog from emotion/stress dreams, try keeping two seperate journals. One for writing down particularly strong dreams and the other for emotions and stress being felt. I don't mean every emotional or stressful feeling, just the big ones that are important. After a while you will probably see a pattern emerge between the two and that would make it easier for you to get an answer about different dreams at different times. I not positive it will work or even know if you have the time for something like that, but it's something right? AA24

Your right Ranyhyn, everyone is different. I guess it all depends on how the individual feels about it. When I was a teenager I knew these dreams were more than just a coincidence, but still second guessed myself for quite a few years, along with the fact of not having an option to talk about it. I hope you don't mind it if I say, I have a suggestion that might be able to help. If you find it hard to separate precog from emotion/stress dreams, try keeping two seperate journals. One for writing down particularly strong dreams and the other for emotions and stress being felt. I don't mean every emotional or stressful feeling, just the big ones that are important. After a while you will probably see a pattern emerge between the two and that would make it easier for you to get an answer about different dreams at different times. I not positive it will work or even know if you have the time for something like that, but it's something right? AA24

I may just try that. Thanks.

The only dream I remember from tonight was quite strong, but can't possibly be real. I dreamt me and my dad were at some sort of ship, it was dark, but we were fishing. I advised him on use of bait (lugworms) and to demonstrate why I recommended them, I baited a hook and dropped line and sinker down and almost immediately had a catch. It was a rainbowfish i think, bright blue and yellow in colour. But somehow I had caught something else as well. With a 75 pound break line i somehow managed to haul up a wooden throne with a giant shrimp sitting there looking at me with a very condescending look. That's all I remember.

So unless there are 8ft tall shrimp who spend a lot of time on wooden thrones, I don't think this dream can be literal at the very least.

I may just try that. Thanks.

The only dream I remember from tonight was quite strong, but can't possibly be real. I dreamt me and my dad were at some sort of ship, it was dark, but we were fishing. I advised him on use of bait (lugworms) and to demonstrate why I recommended them, I baited a hook and dropped line and sinker down and almost immediately had a catch. It was a rainbowfish i think, bright blue and yellow in colour. But somehow I had caught something else as well. With a 75 pound break line i somehow managed to haul up a wooden throne with a giant shrimp sitting there looking at me with a very condescending look. That's all I remember.

So unless there are 8ft tall shrimp who spend a lot of time on wooden thrones, I don't think this dream can be literal at the very least.

Ranyhyn, just for the sake of discussion, I would like to offer my opinion about this dream. I think this dream is not literal at all, but pure symbolism. Before I continue, please know that I'm not an expert nor am I trying to give advice on something I find difficult to understand at times myself. Our everyday way of life and things we are famaliar with plays a big role in what we dream. If fishing with your dad is something you enjoy doing, your dream set the perfect stage for a place that is safe and comfortable; along with the fact that you really like being there and you know what to do and expect. I'm just guessing that the rainbow fish is a local catch in your area. Now, when the wooden throne and shrimp appear in the dream, what you know and makes sense to you falls away. You wake up remembering a dream that is weird and confusing that you can't understand. From the discussions we had back and forth, I get the impression that you are a logical person willing to discuss a topic from all angles. Logical people, no matter what the subject is, will look at all possibilities then make the best decision based on facts, evidence and probability. I could be off about this but, could the more dominant bigger shrimp on the throne, (suggesting king), looking condescending represent a part of your mind that says "dreams don't really come true" or "There's really no proof or evidence of precog dreams, it just coincidence". "There are a lot of people making claims out there proven to be false" etc. I feel when the mind is in conflict or not sure about something, it's a very strong thing. Ask yourself these questions: What lead me to a forum like Unexplained Mysteries? Why did I want to post my story for people to see and reply to? What kind of feedback did I expect? Well, I hope I didn't overstep myself here. Take care. AA24

Ranyhyn, just for the sake of discussion, I would like to offer my opinion about this dream. I think this dream is not literal at all, but pure symbolism. Before I continue, please know that I'm not an expert nor am I trying to give advice on something I find difficult to understand at times myself. Our everyday way of life and things we are famaliar with plays a big role in what we dream. If fishing with your dad is something you enjoy doing, your dream set the perfect stage for a place that is safe and comfortable; along with the fact that you really like being there and you know what to do and expect. I'm just guessing that the rainbow fish is a local catch in your area. Now, when the wooden throne and shrimp appear in the dream, what you know and makes sense to you falls away. You wake up remembering a dream that is weird and confusing that you can't understand. From the discussions we had back and forth, I get the impression that you are a logical person willing to discuss a topic from all angles. Logical people, no matter what the subject is, will look at all possibilities then make the best decision based on facts, evidence and probability. I could be off about this but, could the more dominant bigger shrimp on the throne, (suggesting king), looking condescending represent a part of your mind that says "dreams don't really come true" or "There's really no proof or evidence of precog dreams, it just coincidence". "There are a lot of people making claims out there proven to be false" etc. I feel when the mind is in conflict or not sure about something, it's a very strong thing. Ask yourself these questions: What lead me to a forum like Unexplained Mysteries? Why did I want to post my story for people to see and reply to? What kind of feedback did I expect? Well, I hope I didn't overstep myself here. Take care. AA24

Well, I think it really was quite simple, why I dreamt what I dreamt. See, I often went fishing with my mother and father when I was a toddler and that's about the last time me and my father spent any real time together. Him being an avid hobby-fisherman, who has adviced me a lot on baits and all sorts of stuff, because the past year me and a friend of mine have gone fishing in the area and we have caught a number of these amongst others:

"Blåstål" (colorful fish)

I showed dad that picture the other day while we were discussing various locations and stuff and we remarked upon the colours and he mentioned some other types that were also quite astonishing to look at. So that's why I had a colorful fish and indeed a fishing theme in my dream. Also probably something about me subconsciously wanting to spend more time with him, doing something we both enjoy doing, bonding, that kind of stuff. So fishing is one of the few areas of interest we both have in common.

Anyway, shrimp are really the bait of choice for us both and I recently fished up a plastic binbag full of lugworms, which I read somewhere were great for bait. And so thats why I told him to use lugworms, and why I fished up the weird large object (the throne) but also I have been thinking a lot about the whole subject of how much pain and fear I may be inflicting on these creatures, for example if you've ever gutted a fish like say a cod, you first bleed them, so the blood doesn't ruin the meat. I also impale the brain to make sure they die quickly and suffer as little as possible. Then you gut them from the bum to the gills, usually I cut off the head and then you pull out the organs and entrails. Basically you're left with meat and spine and fins.

However, while you're doing this, the eyes of the decapitated head will keep following you as you walk around for upwards of ten minutes. The body spasms occasionally and the head tends to do the same. Even though it has no organs and the head lies several feet from the body, so this has gotten me thinking about whether or not the impulses that cause these movements and contractions also somehow can transmit any pain, etc. Which I guess is why the throne with the huge shrimp was there. As a kind of symbol of some judgement, considering I have probably killed upwards of 50-60 various fish this year.

It's just philosophy, I don't really care all that much about it to be entirely honest, but it makes me wonder.

So that's what I think the dream was about. And also the environment, us being on a supplyboat / oiltanker, is because my father works on supply boats as a crane operator, for various oil companies, and he recently showed me pictures from his latest work trip (he works like 6-12 weeks straight and has done so since I was 10. Before then he used to work 2-3 weeks straight).

Also, why do I come to UM? Well at first I was drawn to it because I love mysteries and claims of mysteries, everything from psychic abilities, to dreams to conspiracy theories or just plain world politics, or cryptozoology, religion, almost everything this forum covers, is in my field of interest, so after some googling on various topics I came here where I idled for a long time. Then I decided to start posting, not really thinking so much of feedback. I have no real expectations on it, because I see that so many different people have so many different takes on everything here, that it's hard to predict responses, so often I start a topic or reply to an existing topic and see how it goes from there.

Edited by Ranyhyn

Well, I think it really was quite simple, why I dreamt what I dreamt. See, I often went fishing with my mother and father when I was a toddler and that's about the last time me and my father spent any real time together. Him being an avid hobby-fisherman, who has adviced me a lot on baits and all sorts of stuff, because the past year me and a friend of mine have gone fishing in the area and we have caught a number of these amongst others:

"Blåstål" (colorful fish)

I showed dad that picture the other day while we were discussing various locations and stuff and we remarked upon the colours and he mentioned some other types that were also quite astonishing to look at. So that's why I had a colorful fish and indeed a fishing theme in my dream. Also probably something about me subconsciously wanting to spend more time with him, doing something we both enjoy doing, bonding, that kind of stuff. So fishing is one of the few areas of interest we both have in common.

Anyway, shrimp are really the bait of choice for us both and I recently fished up a plastic binbag full of lugworms, which I read somewhere were great for bait. And so thats why I told him to use lugworms, and why I fished up the weird large object (the throne) but also I have been thinking a lot about the whole subject of how much pain and fear I may be inflicting on these creatures, for example if you've ever gutted a fish like say a cod, you first bleed them, so the blood doesn't ruin the meat. I also impale the brain to make sure they die quickly and suffer as little as possible. Then you gut them from the bum to the gills, usually I cut off the head and then you pull out the organs and entrails. Basically you're left with meat and spine and fins.

However, while you're doing this, the eyes of the decapitated head will keep following you as you walk around for upwards of ten minutes. The body spasms occasionally and the head tends to do the same. Even though it has no organs and the head lies several feet from the body, so this has gotten me thinking about whether or not the impulses that cause these movements and contractions also somehow can transmit any pain, etc. Which I guess is why the throne with the huge shrimp was there. As a kind of symbol of some judgement, considering I have probably killed upwards of 50-60 various fish this year.

It's just philosophy, I don't really care all that much about it to be entirely honest, but it makes me wonder.

So that's what I think the dream was about. And also the environment, us being on a supplyboat / oiltanker, is because my father works on supply boats as a crane operator, for various oil companies, and he recently showed me pictures from his latest work trip (he works like 6-12 weeks straight and has done so since I was 10. Before then he used to work 2-3 weeks straight).

Also, why do I come to UM? Well at first I was drawn to it because I love mysteries and claims of mysteries, everything from psychic abilities, to dreams to conspiracy theories or just plain world politics, or cryptozoology, religion, almost everything this forum covers, is in my field of interest, so after some googling on various topics I came here where I idled for a long time. Then I decided to start posting, not really thinking so much of feedback. I have no real expectations on it, because I see that so many different people have so many different takes on everything here, that it's hard to predict responses, so often I start a topic or reply to an existing topic and see how it goes from there.

Ranyhyn, I understand. Sorry if things got too deep. I came across your story and really thought that you were a person unsure of having an ability. There are millions of psychic claims out there that are fake. People looking for money, or just wanting to be famous. People really do get interested in this stuff. My dad is a licensed boat captain now for the past 40 years. He took out people on charter boats and always owned his own boat for fishing, chartering wrecks and diving. I grew up seeing and smelling fishguts, fishheads, and watching blue claw crabs run sideways along the kitchen floor. I love the ocean and fishing, but always hated the taste of any seafood and I still won't eat it. Anyway for the record, what I said about myself is the absolute truth whether you can believe in it or not. My story is posted under NOT OVER YET. Please read it if you get a chance. I posted at this website in hopes of connecting with someone like me, who knows maybe I will. AA24

Ranyhyn, I understand. Sorry if things got too deep. I came across your story and really thought that you were a person unsure of having an ability. There are millions of psychic claims out there that are fake. People looking for money, or just wanting to be famous. People really do get interested in this stuff. My dad is a licensed boat captain now for the past 40 years. He took out people on charter boats and always owned his own boat for fishing, chartering wrecks and diving. I grew up seeing and smelling fishguts, fishheads, and watching blue claw crabs run sideways along the kitchen floor. I love the ocean and fishing, but always hated the taste of any seafood and I still won't eat it. Anyway for the record, what I said about myself is the absolute truth whether you can believe in it or not. My story is posted under NOT OVER YET. Please read it if you get a chance. I posted at this website in hopes of connecting with someone like me, who knows maybe I will. AA24

Well I was unsure of having abilities, still am. But that is not why I came to UM. But I'll read your thread. And thanks for checking out mine.