Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you leave Earth or stay?

Forget myself, I could never leave what I have here. If I could I'd gather my whole family & all my friends & maybe ask the aliens if there was a planet somewhere we could start development (you know to save the human race from the barbarians who lead the world's nations & all their nuclear weapons...). I never planned to have kids but I'd have a ton if I were relied on to help populate the new human homeland!

Alright I may have gone too far...

:alien::geek:

Forget myself, I could never leave what I have here. If I could I'd gather my whole family & all my friends & maybe ask the aliens if there was a planet somewhere we could start development (you know to save the human race from the barbarians who lead the world's nations & all their nuclear weapons...). I never planned to have kids but I'd have a ton if I were relied on to help populate the new human homeland!

Alright I may have gone too far...

:alien::geek:

Im with You SLIH ! We can Re-Populate the NEw Planet and All without the Vises of Earth Bound Hang-up`s!

Count me In!

post-68971-036242800 1287618474_thumb.jp

Isn't it logical?

Isn't that logical deduction?

Considering our current level of technology and that many think faster than light travel is not even possible, surely (unless we have neighbours who are very close) 'they' are traveling at light speeds+ and thus must have much higher technology than, at least, us humans.

Even if they never achieved FTL travel, they'd have to have high-tech, to have some kind of hibernation system, not to mention other high tech to overcome other space-flight hazards or even just to navigate vast distances....

[edit: I actually do have one other theory, and that is, like many, i think some may be interdimensional and I guess it's poissible tjhat they might not be high tech....]

Have I ever shown you this link? Project Orion Nuclear Propulsion.

Project Orion was the first engineering design study of a spacecraft intended to be directly propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft (Nuclear pulse propulsion). Early versions of this vehicle were proposed to have taken off from the ground with significant associated nuclear fallout; later versions were presented for use only in space.

The idea was first proposed by Stanisław Ulam in 1947. The project, initiated in 1958, was led by Ted Taylor at General Atomics and physicist Freeman Dyson, who at Taylor's request took a year away from the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton to work on the project.

By using energetic nuclear power, the Orion concept offered high thrust and high specific impulse, or propellant efficiency, at the same time. As a qualitative comparison, traditional chemical rockets - such as the Saturn V which took the Apollo program to the Moon - produce high thrust with low specific impulse, whereas electric ion engines produce a small amount of thrust very efficiently. Orion would have offered performance greater than the most advanced conventional or nuclear rocket engines then under consideration. Supporters of Project Orion felt that it had potential for cheap interplanetary travel, but it lost political approval over concerns with fallout from its propulsion.[1] The Partial Test Ban Treaty of 1963 is generally acknowledged to have ended the project.

ProjectOrionConfiguration.png

NASA-project-orion-artist.jpg

Sorry psyche, maybe it's that I've just woken up but ya lost me there, what has this to do with my assuming all aliens coming as far as our planet would have high tech?

I have known about the plan to have space craft propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft.

Edited by Paxus

Sorry psyche, maybe it's that I've just woken up but ya lost me there, what has this to do with my assuming all aliens coming as far as our planet would have high tech?

I have known about the plan to have space craft propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft.

Hi Paxus

Thanks for the reply, I figure that if we were capable of reaching the stars back in the 50's when we were far less technologically advanced than we are now, considering the billions of possibilities look at the stars, it seems quite plausible to me that one does not have to be technologically superior to enter space travel, and that perhaps another might attempt more where we pulled back. Nuclear power it seem to me to be likely to be discovered by all other intelligent species (as we understand the term) due to it's natural roles in our universe.

Cheers.

The premise is this:

Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.

Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Do you go anyway, or do you stay.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

i could not leave the planet...not in a spaceship anyway. now, if a portal to another dimension opened up in my kitchen i would have to go through it, just because, hey, it's a portal in my kitchen. wonder where it goes??

Come On ! ITs just Jump to the Left,and a Step to the Right ! Put your Hands on your Hip ! And Were There ! :devil:

I would go in a heartbeat! ^_^ But... only under certain circumstances. I would only leave if I were able to bring a loved one with me. To me, it would be a very lonely experience without another of my own kind there. I would want someone at my level to share moments with to keep me sane and grounded. For example, if I were excited- I'd want someone to be excited with! I doubt an E.T. being would share my excitement of space travel seeing as it'd probably be "old news :sleepy: " to them.

Edit: Grammar revisions.

Edited by AgentScully

Hi Paxus

Thanks for the reply, I figure that if we were capable of reaching the stars back in the 50's when we were far less technologically advanced than we are now, considering the billions of possibilities look at the stars, it seems quite plausible to me that one does not have to be technologically superior to enter space travel, and that perhaps another might attempt more where we pulled back. Nuclear power it seem to me to be likely to be discovered by all other intelligent species (as we understand the term) due to it's natural roles in our universe.

Cheers.

Ahso!

Thanks for clearing that up for me chief! (or is it that I'm properly awake right now.

You have a point - and on top of your example, 'We don't know what we don't know' <-- There might be some other wacky way to travel we hadn't even imagined in our wildest dreams. For all we know there's aliens out there that ride a LIFE-FORM that can propel it's way through space!

What about a creature than can create wormholes?

I want one!

i could not leave the planet...not in a spaceship anyway. now, if a portal to another dimension opened up in my kitchen i would have to go through it, just because, hey, it's a portal in my kitchen. wonder where it goes??

OMG :blink:

You'd say 'No' to friendly, advanced aliens who can make sure you live a long healthy life in what promises to be a spectacular home-world of theirs with much travel throughout the galaxy and you would be OK with going into a portal that you don't know where it leads or if you can come back or not?! :unsure::wacko:

I've got nothing against the planet, just the people who run it. I think the majority of humanity sucks to be honest, so there would be a condition that only nice humans could join me.

How about if we use "brute force" if neccessary to place the

people who run earth and the majority who suck (which is true) on the ship "Without" the option to return?

OMG :blink:

You'd say 'No' to friendly, advanced aliens who can make sure you live a long healthy life in what promises to be a spectacular home-world of theirs with much travel throughout the galaxy and you would be OK with going into a portal that you don't know where it leads or if you can come back or not?! :unsure::wacko:

yeah. crazy huh?

I'd probably stay too. Hell, what could some alien offer that we don't have here? They certainly can't provide human companionship. Even if the world were going to end tomorrow, and they showed up in a flying sauce promising my safety, I'd be hesitant to climb aboard. I love my family. Leaving them behind would be impossible for me.

yup i'd leave only if i could come back, if i couldnt come back then no matter how much i wish i could go i just wouldnt. it feels horrible being in a place where no one is like u or understand u. might think their better than u. wait thats already here eh..id miss my dogs

yup i'd leave only if i could come back, if i couldnt come back then no matter how much i wish i could go i just wouldnt. it feels horrible being in a place where no one is like u or understand u. might think their better than u. wait thats already here eh..id miss my dogs

*LMAO* a place where no one is like u or understand u = Earth (for me)

*LMAO* a place where no one is like u or understand u = Earth (for me)

Does anybody have a clue about what this weirdo is talking about? :blink:

:lol:

Does anybody have a clue about what this weirdo is talking about? :blink:

:lol:

<_<

<_<

I sincerely hope that you saw my intention was to be funny in a friendly way... You should know by now that I don't think of you as a weirdo and I generally understand what you're saying...

I sincerely hope that you saw my intention was to be funny in a friendly way... You should know by now that I don't think of you as a weirdo and I generally understand what you're saying...

OF COURSE I DO YOU MORON!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

P.S. Not only that, but I laughed at how funny it was

Edited by Paxus

OF COURSE I DO YOU MORON!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

P.S. Not only that, but I laughed at how funny it was

:w00t: LOL, thank goodness! :D

:w00t: LOL, thank goodness! :D

duh!

I LOVE the boon!

(Except the avatar, which horrible and depressing)

Meh, I don't like Earth.

I'd probably go with them, but I love my family <_< I'd hate to leave them. :unsure:

Maybe... If they told me what their planet was like and the people, I think I'd be convinced ^-^

duh!

I LOVE the boon!

Well that's comforting, and the feeling is mutual my friend! :tu:

(Except the avatar, which horrible and depressing)

That certainly isn't the impression I want to leave behind. I have been thinking about changing it actually, but I haven't found the time to create something new. I want it to be original after all. ;)