Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nothing is impossible for God.

Benzayb

The statement, "Nothing is impossible for God," creates a certain paradox that boggles my mind ever since I taught of it.

If nothing is impossible for God, then that means it is possible for something to be impossible for God. But then again, nothing is impossible for God, so that [it is possible for something to be impossible for God] statement is technically impossible. Wait, another impossible? :wacko:

Now, what do you guys think about the statement? Some faithful guys may say, "We're only human. It's way beyond our understanding." I know. I just wanna hear philosophy from you guys out there. :tu:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Kazahel

• Emma_Acid

• Bune

Top Posters In This Topic

True....

If nothing is impossible for God, then can he

Create a wall so tall that nobody (including him) can scale it....

There in lies the paradox to the statement as if he can, then how is he going to scale it, if not, why cant he...

as "Nothing is immpossible for God"

If 'he/shes' that great then show up on a TV show or something, oh and bring the b****** son with them :)

The statement, "Nothing is impossible for God," creates a certain paradox that boggles my mind ever since I taught of it.

If nothing is impossible for God, then that means it is possible for something to be impossible for God. But then again, nothing is impossible for God, so that [it is possible for something to be impossible for God] statement is technically impossible. Wait, another impossible? :wacko:

Now, what do you guys think about the statement? Some faithful guys may say, "We're only human. It's way beyond our understanding." I know. I just wanna hear philosophy from you guys out there. :tu:

Could God create a mountain so heavy he couldn't lift it?

God is immortal?

So can God kill him/herself or engineer his/her demise.

Can God make a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?

Can code make a code so complex that even he/she cannont break it?

The list goes on.

I take the view that"God" or "Gods" are merely bi-products of the collective human social, intellectual and emotional development.

We engineer an explanation to fill in gaps in our understanding and to give us comfort, this "explanation" is God.

Thus being essentially an articfical construct, God has whatever abilities he/she is given by his/her creators. Such abilities are symbolic only, as God does not exist outside the minds of believers

I believe God is in everybody and we are all a part of God, so I tend to think of that question as like this..

Q. Can He create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?

A. Yes He can create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it, without Him.

Something like that anyway.

I believe God is in everybody and we are all a part of God, so I tend to think of that question as like this..

Q. Can He create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it?

A. Yes He can create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it, without Him.

Something like that anyway.

Then God is not God, as you've just shown that there is something he cannot do.

This is another important question:

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

I honestly believe that if God exists, he's terrible at world management. Just look at all the crap in the world :P

Edited by Chronii

Then God is not God, as you've just shown that there is something he cannot do.

I guess it depends on what you think is God. I tend to think of God as inside everybody and we are inside His body(almost like dreams of His).

So the little h, as in he, means little god(to me)which is inside everyone. Big H/He means Him(the main dreamer/creator). So He can create a stone so heavy he cannot lift it.

So if you basically think of God as being you(he)and also the creator(He)..(so linked together), then He can experience the impossible through you just as you experience the possible through Him.

Well, for the particular statement there in quotes, i i think it depends on the definition of the word here, and how were using it.

Something that does not exist cannot have possibilities or impossibilities.

We are 'god', 'god' is in all living things :)

well if nothing is impossible for god then he needs to get a hold of whats going on in hell, because it seems theres been a wild and crazy party down there thats been going on for awhile

Who is stronger of impossible might and impossible intelligence, man or god?

Man by far as we have the capability to create and destroy gods at will and no god is immortal as with a single thought or mind set we can destroy him/she/it in order to create another if we see fit. God is our tool and an out dated one at that. Time to retrofit.

Which god are we talking about here? there are so many.

Which god are we talking about here? there are so many.

Does it matter?

Who is stronger of impossible might and impossible intelligence, man or god?

Man by far as we have the capability to create and destroy gods at will and no god is immortal as with a single thought or mind set we can destroy him/she/it in order to create another if we see fit. God is our tool and an out dated one at that. Time to retrofit.

nice one :tu: