Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

I'm interested in how they are going to handle "the Governor" parts. I doubt they will handle him till the 2nd series though when the Zombie's start getting predictable.

I like the series so far, it's very intense though, I need a little more light relief sometimes but I guess thats hard to come by during a Zompocalypse...wait did I just create a new word?

I'm interested in how they are going to handle "the Governor" parts. I doubt they will handle him till the 2nd series though when the Zombie's start getting predictable.

I like the series so far, it's very intense though, I need a little more light relief sometimes but I guess thats hard to come by during a Zompocalypse...wait did I just create a new word?

Yeah, i'd like to see where they go with him. I'm not a huge fan of that THING he did to Rick, that still affects him in the comics, and i doubt they'll go as far as he did with Michonne in the tv series.

Edited by Bracket

Wow, now there really are lots of spoilers in this thread. I don't know the comic books, so could you guys keep the talk about what is going to happen down, or put that in another thread? I would appreciate. :tu:

I'm with Flombie, I don't know what you guys are talking about, but please use the Spoiler function so that the rest of us can enjoy the unfolding story.

<_<

You can't really spoil anything because there is sooooo much incorporated in the plot twists... thats what makes it a cut above most zombie stories. And anyways, the series appears to be blazing its own trail so far.

Everyone is going to die.

Edited by Pol_Pot_Lives_Again
  • Like 1

The last couple episodes seem to be just hanging around, but from the looks of next weeks episode, they'll be getting back on track with the comic again.

The next episode is written by Robert Kirkman and it looks like its gonna be pretty good.

And after last night, I take back anything bad I ever said about Shane.

After last weeks episode it put me off a bit, I'm all for storyline and social interactions, but it needed more Zombies in it! I'll give the new Episode a watch tonight

I was kind of disappointed for a few reasons:

1) The not-gangbangers. Being tough in order to scare off raiders is all well and good but Rick was being very reasonable, only wishing Glenn back. So why continue to be jerks and start a blood bath?

2) In a large city Merle is able to find their truck? What? What made it different from all the other cars and trucks?

3) I guess it was because there were no other cars or trucks. Otherwise why would Rick and his gang try to walk back to camp instead of just getting another car?

4) Ok everyone we found a zombie in camp today so we need to be extra careful...expect at dinner time at which point I want everyone to let their guard down.

5) Zombie Robert E Lee must be running around. After all the zombies were able to bypass the early warning systems at the camp, surround it, and then attack from all sides at the same time. Think that's a wee bit too tactical for a bunch of zombies.

The wife beater getting eaten was cool though.

I was kind of disappointed for a few reasons:

1) The not-gangbangers. Being tough in order to scare off raiders is all well and good but Rick was being very reasonable, only wishing Glenn back. So why continue to be jerks and start a blood bath?

2) In a large city Merle is able to find their truck? What? What made it different from all the other cars and trucks?

3) I guess it was because there were no other cars or trucks. Otherwise why would Rick and his gang try to walk back to camp instead of just getting another car?

4) Ok everyone we found a zombie in camp today so we need to be extra careful...expect at dinner time at which point I want everyone to let their guard down.

5) Zombie Robert E Lee must be running around. After all the zombies were able to bypass the early warning systems at the camp, surround it, and then attack from all sides at the same time. Think that's a wee bit too tactical for a bunch of zombies.

The wife beater getting eaten was cool though.

1) Because they wanted the guns.

2&3) The truck was parked close to where Merle was chained up, and the explanation as to why he just so happened to steal their truck can be explained very soon after. They had to run back to the camp, so there probably wasn't any other vehicles in the area.

4) Everyone lets their guard down every once in a while, especially people who aren't exactly trained in that sort of thing.

5) There were no early warning systems, just a person watching, but no one was watching at that time (again, look to #4). Besides, they're walking slow, which means they're quiet, i wouldn't call that tactical. They were most likely attracted there by Glenn's car alarm or the various noises they made throughout the time they were there like yelling during the first encounter with the zombie eating the deer or when Shane kicked the wife beaters ass.

Actually the truck looked like it was parked at the edge of town and they had to walk the rest of the way. I would think the more logical thing for Merle to do would be to go to the construction site...or stealing one of the many cars on the road. That he just happened to wait until he happened to come across the very truck Rick came to town in is rather unbelievable. I'd also think that walking back a few blocks to hotwire a car would be better than jogging several miles.

Yes people do let their guard time from time to time but when everyone you know have been eaten by zombies and you found a zombie in your camp that morning you'd think you'd be paying more attention. And they did have warning systems, for several shows they've show the group putting up strings of cans all around the camp. I guess the zombies managed to avoid them.

Actually the truck looked like it was parked at the edge of town and they had to walk the rest of the way. I would think the more logical thing for Merle to do would be to go to the construction site...or stealing one of the many cars on the road. That he just happened to wait until he happened to come across the very truck Rick came to town in is rather unbelievable. I'd also think that walking back a few blocks to hotwire a car would be better than jogging several miles.

Yes people do let their guard time from time to time but when everyone you know have been eaten by zombies and you found a zombie in your camp that morning you'd think you'd be paying more attention. And they did have warning systems, for several shows they've show the group putting up strings of cans all around the camp. I guess the zombies managed to avoid them.

Yes, but logic tells us that they stopped on the side on town that leads to camp. If merle decided to hoof it to camp, he'd come across the truck.

Yeah, but no one said they surrounded the camp. The zombie they ran into that morning didn't come across them.

The zombies were attacking from all sides so it looked like they were surrounded. And while the zombie that morning didn't find the camp, being distracted by the deer, it was still only about a minute away. All the characters were shocked at how close it had gotten so this was likely the first time a zombie had shown up near their camp. Now that happened I would expect that the normal reaction would be to be extra careful and extra watchful.

Merle was probably fighting his way back to the camp and probably didn't have time (nor a chance) to hotwire a car with a city of zombies bearing down on him. The guns were down the street from the building that Merle was left at, so he obviously was in the same area.

The attack on the camp could be attributed to any number of things or just the natural progression of the wandering horde, and any warning system would've failed against that many zombies at once. Cans-on-a-string isnt exactly the most reliable warning system and mistakes in judgement/oversights happen more frequently in high-stress situations.

Merle was probably fighting his way back to the camp and probably didn't have time (nor a chance) to hotwire a car with a city of zombies bearing down on him. The guns were down the street from the building that Merle was left at, so he obviously was in the same area.

The attack on the camp could be attributed to any number of things or just the natural progression of the wandering horde, and any warning system would've failed against that many zombies at once. Cans-on-a-string isnt exactly the most reliable warning system and mistakes in judgement/oversights happen more frequently in high-stress situations.

I agree. Not to mention that Merle was most likely in shock and one handed, so hotwiring a car wouldn't exactly be easy for him, even if he did come across one.

I agree. Not to mention that Merle was most likely in shock and one handed, so hotwiring a car wouldn't exactly be easy for him, even if he did come across one.

Merle is pretty dumb but to have a hack saw and cut of your hand instead of cutting through the chain on the handcuffs seemed pretty silly.

Merle is pretty dumb but to have a hack saw and cut of your hand instead of cutting through the chain on the handcuffs seemed pretty silly.

They explained that. The chain was too hard to get through. Don't forget Saw. :tu:

They explained that. The chain was too hard to get through. Don't forget Saw. :tu:

Weak I say lol I would have got the saw right away and worked at it all night.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Weak I say lol I would have got the saw right away and worked at it all night.

But there were zombies trying to break the door down. The faster route was through his arm.

But there were zombies trying to break the door down. The faster route was through his arm.

He had a fair bit of time to think about getting the saw and working on the cuffs though. Maybe he was disoriented at first and didn't think about getting out but his arm was extremely red and sore before he got loose (cut it off) just sayin I would have been right on that.

I love this new series and never read the book or comic and think it's awesome. I wouldn't ask this if I knew but I think I know how those zombies got came to camp and it includes the cub van and Merle :ph34r: Maybe not but he seems like a man that I would not want in my group.

I love the show but I dont get why not further out of Atlanta. They talk about the city being over run but aren't that

far out of it.

He had a fair bit of time to think about getting the saw and working on the cuffs though. Maybe he was disoriented at first and didn't think about getting out but his arm was extremely red and sore before he got loose (cut it off) just sayin I would have been right on that.

I love this new series and never read the book or comic and think it's awesome. I wouldn't ask this if I knew but I think I know how those zombies got came to camp and it includes the cub van and Merle :ph34r: Maybe not but he seems like a man that I would not want in my group.

Well, he was obviously paniced and not thinking straight.

Merle wasn't in the comics, and the attack on the camp wasn't really explained, so it's possible. (I would strongly recommend reading the comic by the way. It recently won an Eisner Award for best on going series)