Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Increase your astral projection skills [merged]

darkbreed

I have a question about this. Is sleep paralysis connected to astral projection in any way? I have experienced SP by accident MANY times in my life and I was wondering if it's possible to use it as some kind of outlet for astral projection.

• 5 months later...

I tried your "moving the awareness" method and i managed not to fall asleep for 40 mins on the clock, but I couldn't project. My house was very noisy at the time, so i'm blaming that and trying again soon enough. thanks for the amazing info! :D

Thanks for the information, I will try this.

objective verification are you kidding me. There is no such thing. No human being is objective we are subjective beings. And would not the thousands and thousands of people over thousands and thousands of years add up to more objective evidence than the few people who have actually piloted around the world and can verify that it is not flat.

Science cannot deal with the other realms because it is objective while most of our reality is subjective. it is hard to understand this, but Einstein touched on it with relativity. Time and time again the answers that sceientist come up with point that there is sooooooo much more to our reality than we understand.

1) relativity, we are all in our own little space time

2) particle wave duality. Everything is in a state of superposition until observed by an observer. look up the delayed choice experiments.

3) dark matter...,..holy &@$. There is litterally five times as much material around us that we cannot interact with on a physical level. We only know it's there because of gravity. The gifted and the disaplined have been saying this for milenia.

4) string theory. The universe is made up of vibrating strings.... In eleven dimensions.... some of which are beyond microscopic that all of this universe exist in. Yup u are about a planeck distance from everything in the universe. And u thought it would be hard to travel to the stars....turns out you are already there. At least in most spacial dimensions just not in the three that you are aware of. Oh yeah. Ever hear of the muses....entities that create reality by plucking strings....hmmmm vibrating strings make up the universe. coincidence. Maby.

4) the holographic principle of the universe similar stuff as above.

I can go on and on and on.

Look, modern sceince has become a faith, that had it's own dogma. It's useful until sceintist avoid implications of their own work as to not be ostrisized by their peers. Who would get published if they discussed travelers like me might be interecting with dark matter somehow.

Dan milman put it perfectly in his book "the way of the peacful warrior"

(going off my memory here)

where are you right now?

On my coach.

Where is that?

In this town.

Where is that?

In this state.

Where is that?

In this country.

Where is that?

On this planet

in this solar system

in this galaxy

in this universe

wher is that?

I don't know.

See the diference between u and me is that U think you know where you are at even though ultimatly u don't have a clue. I know I don't know. I may be a fool but you are a foolish jackass. (something like that).

Science is a very useful tool. But when it becomes a religion it is just as harmful to human progress as the rest of them.

Also I'm not sure what people mean by astrial is not prooven. It obviosly is happening. As to the exact sceintific nature of it. Well we don't even know the exact sceintific nature of our physical reality. And to say people are just trying to get attention is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard considering the practice is older than we have historical information for. And comeing from a body of people (modern scientist and their followers) who cannot possibly even be taken seriously unless their peers accept their work. Who really needs the attention. Look a sceintist with No experience on the spritual side of things is a one dimensional commentor. A traveler who is also a sceintist is in a better position. A person who is neither and just goes with popular opinion, well their just irelevent.

Edited by Seeker79

Compelling but hardly an objective verification. In fact, if it is so easy & so real, then why hasn't it been verified scientifically? That's a rhetorical question because I already know the answer. Many have tried to objectively verify and fail with just as many excuses.

I have been doing this for more than 15 years (20 in fact) with hundreds of 'projections' under my belt and I find exactly the opposite. Sometimes, I find my wife is not in bed next to me when she should be and is when I break out of the 'projection'. Other times I find that the kids are playing in the lounge room only to find that they were playing in the back yard and never ventured into the lounge room. The list goes on.

Imagination is a powerful function of our brains, we use it all the time, but let's say there are worlds which are not part of our imagination but we can imagine worlds/entities in these worlds :rolleyes: How do you know & make the conclusion that one is an internal world and one is an external world when you so put it they are "melting together and harder to separate between"? Just curious.

So, we can safely put these experiences and the belief they are real projections out of ones body into the "faith" category. Much the same as belief in god. We get the same anecdotal evidence from that belief.

Cheers

Guardian

Not really intending to quote a movie, but when your projecting do you really think it is light your seeing, or air your in. Your kids were playing wernt they where does it matter. A realm of thought is a subjective place looking for objective information would be like looking for a specific drop of water in a lake. Look. Your brain is bring stimulated your mind puts a story to it. It is no different in normal reality. Your not viewing the world with your eyes when you are projecting, they are still on your bed you are reviving information in an entirely different way, where specific details are irreleveny. Just like in normal non altered states you miss a tremendouse amount of information, and your mind and body create extra info to fill in the gaps. Yes in normal reality your brain does all kinds of perception inventing to have a more complete view, eventhough on an objective level it may be totally wrong. But that's the kicker the mind is subjective not objective. And it is relative. If enough people say these words are red then they are red. U say their black but u will be wrong. Completely subjective. I say that I am here u say no you are overthere. Both right both wrong....completely relative.

• 1 month later...

I'm just wondering a few things really and thought this looked like a good place to post. Sometimes I'll get the signs of potential projection, i.e the high pitched noise, sleep paralysis, vibrating, tingling sensations, then provided I go with it and don't resist, I will find myself in the space where i'm sleeping and try going for a little wander, like out through the bathroom wall or something. However it doesn't take long before suddenly I am no longer in my 'normal' reality, or it will look a little similar but it's not the same. Also I might jump from one set of surroundings to the next without actually travelling there so to speak. All the while i am lucid and of the notion that i'm on an little excursion.

So my question is, firstly is this normal? And secondly is this Astral Travel or is it Lucid Dreaming?

The difference is if you have left your body or not. If you were conciouse during the entire exit process, you were definantly out. If not it could be either, you have to trust your feelings. Usually lucid dreaming present scenerios themselves, while in ap you are free to travel, but sometimes the spirit world has other plans for you and may take over. I suggest asking for help, from spirits.

The difference is if you have left your body or not. If you were conciouse during the entire exit process, you were definantly out. If not it could be either, you have to trust your feelings. Usually lucid dreaming present scenerios themselves, while in ap you are free to travel, but sometimes the spirit world has other plans for you and may take over. I suggest asking for help, from spirits.

Ok thanks Seeker79 good advice, I'll ask help next time. Yes my feeling is it's a bit of both and that's probably appropriate to what I could handle right now.

When I travel, I am concious from the onset of the meditation and the intiation of the vibrational state to when I exit my body, during the journy, to when I return to my body. There is never a gap or point in which I fall asleep. It is completely a concious action. At no point would I have considered myself unconcious.

If I fall asleep and have an experience, I consider it a vision or a dream.

Keep this in mind to. As I have stated Before, you are not actually seeing anything with your eyes. You are experienceis things with your astrial body. Your not going to get details about the environment your in like you would if visiting with your biological senses. Things are going to be different, because your mind is trying to interpret signals from your astrial body. This is going to make direction and positions of physical objects and people difficult to discern. When I travel every thing seems rotated about 90 degrees.

Edited by Seeker79

When I travel, I am concious from the onset of the meditation and the intiation of the vibrational state to when I exit my body, during the journy, to when I return to my body. There is never a gap or point in which I fall asleep. It is completely a concious action. At no point would I have considered myself unconcious.

If I fall asleep and have an experience, I consider it a vision or a dream.

Keep this in mind to. As I have stated Before, you are not actually seeing anything with your eyes. You are experienceis things with your astrial body. Your not going to get details about the environment your in like you would if visiting with your biological senses. Things are going to be different, because your mind is trying to interpret signals from your astrial body. This is going to make direction and positions of physical objects and people difficult to discern. When I travel every thing seems rotated about 90 degrees.

Good point yes, things aren‘t going to appear exactly the same as when seeing with my physical eyes anyway. I'm new into all this so it's great to get some info from an experienced traveller. I'm not at the stage where I'll plan to travel and do a particular technique, it's more finding myself in the conducive state then willing it on further. I am conscious during the vibrational state, and also the pulling/sliding sensations, and then i'm not sure, could have gone into a lucid dream, or I could be out, then after some exploring, trying without success so far to get to particular places, i'll gently arrive back in my bed, wide awake, maybe no more than an hour later.

Your doing great. Keep at it.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I will make this short, because I posted the longer version in a similar thread.

When I went out of my body last night, I went to my rommates room and seen him texting on the bed. I then went outside my front door an came back in. Once I did, I saw this same roomate on the phone in the kitchen sayin he was making spaghetti. I was excited about this and went back to my room to get back inside my body so I could wake up and tell him I saw him. To my suprise he was sleep, and had not been texting, or making spaghetti. I was confused because it seemed so real. I am postive that this was an o.b.e. and not a dream. So to the experienced o.b.e.'rs, what does it mean to see something in your house that was really not happening at the time? I have read accounts of people seeing something in an o.b.e. and being able to confirm it was happening when they woke up. I know I didn't make this up in my head, I EXPERIENCED this. I am thank ful for all feedback.

Also, when I went to my other roommates room, I saw a person standing over him at the foot of his bed while he was sleep. It was not in a threatining way. I actually didn't think it was odd untill I floated back in my body and woke up. When I saw him I didn't feel fear or anything. Any suggestions on who this might have been? Do you think it was him? Was it someone else? Should I have tried to communicate with him or tried to look at the face? Thanks for all feedback

1) often when people are asleep that are projecting and dreaming at the same time. Peoples dreams that they dont remember are often if normal mundane day to day activited. You may have wittnessed this.

2) it is also possible your were taping into information of the past. Like a psycic would do..... Posibly what some call akeshic records.... Or something like that. Possibly future events aswell.

I have had similar results. One time watching someone in their house but dozens of her all moveing around at the same time. A little confusing, but there is nothing stopping multiple moments from playing themselves out at the same time.

Thanks for the info seeker; I plan to try and be a little more attentive next time I project. I haven't projected since that time. When I project, I get the wooshing sound in the ears followed by the buzzing sound. After the wooshing, the buzzing will come shortly after, and once the buzzing comes, it is time for me to try and lift out. But the last few days, I will get the wooshing but it always stops before the buzzing comes. It feels as if my mind is losing concentration, even though im not really thinking about it, just doing it. Any tips on keeping the process going once it starts? I feel as I should be able to project every night. Is that common, or do people who are really good at this even have trouble projecting every single night? Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the info seeker; I plan to try and be a little more attentive next time I project. I haven't projected since that time. When I project, I get the wooshing sound in the ears followed by the buzzing sound. After the wooshing, the buzzing will come shortly after, and once the buzzing comes, it is time for me to try and lift out. But the last few days, I will get the wooshing but it always stops before the buzzing comes. It feels as if my mind is losing concentration, even though im not really thinking about it, just doing it. Any tips on keeping the process going once it starts? I feel as I should be able to project every night. Is that common, or do people who are really good at this even have trouble projecting every single night? Thanks for the feedback.

It would be nice to be able to it everynight. But I am only about 40% able. And it's almost always in the morning. Sometimes at night though. Your methods are sound but you mighT want to consider pre sleep. Take a nap during the day like 4-7 or wake up at 3 am then try.. I have only met one person able to do it all the time. Mr. Walker he posts around here from time to time.

I hope this helps :)

Also, try to have clear goals. The more emotional you are about the goal during travel the stronger and more effective you will be.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. I was so determined to project today that I went to bed at 9:00pm and slept all the way to 2:00 pm. Everytime I woke up I went back to sleep because that is how I usually project, but I couldn't fully get there. Finally, around 1:45pm, I got from the wooshing sound to the buzzing and tried to lift out, but couldnt get out for the life of me. When I tried to move my astral legs, I felt my physical leg moving. It seemed as if I could only move the upper half of my astral body. I think I was only half way in sleep paralysis. I was still sastisfied with the outcome, because I haven't been able to get to that stage for the last few days. It still would have been nice to project because I could hear my roommates around the house and I wanted to do anther expiriment to see if I could see what they were doing in real time. I will just have to wait until next time. Thanks again for the advice; its been great.

Try rolling out. That's been very effective for me lately. Only problem is when it works I have to check to see if my body is still in bed. If I don't I'm not sure if I'm out or not. Floating is an obvious sign but you have more nural pathways for rolling.

Also the more vigerouse you try the more likely sucess, so roll hard. Do it just as if you were going to do it physically.

Thanks, I will try rolling out next time. What's weird is that as I was trying to get out, I sensed I was floating up, and even felt my head bounce off the top of the ceiling, but the rest of my body wasn't out. I was thinking, how could I feel my head bounce off of the ceiling if half of my body is on the bed? I will try the rolling though, because I think thats how I got out last time I projected, I came out from the side. I will use more force too.

The "Stay awake" method:

Here you simply go to bed when you are tired and have your eyes open. You may blink of course now and then so your eyes doesnt dry up. The point is to just lie in your bed with your eyes open just like if you are awake and just look around in the room and notice everything in the room, take care of looking at all details and making it imprinted into your mind, just lie there in bed with your eyes open until you pass out / fall asleep from being too tired. At this point you may find yourself in your astral body, or in the astral state ready to project, because your body is asleep but your mind/astral body should still be awake as you forced yourself to stay awake - it was your body falling asleep. To enhance this method you can repeat over and over some times like a mantra or self-suggestion in your mind "When my body falls asleep, I will be awake in my astral body and project" - this can increase the effect and program your mind to automatically become aware inside your astral body when you fall asleep.

Am i able to astral project even im awake?

Sometimes when i make my body (Specially my hands) relaxed and steady, i feel the vibration (Only partial Sleep paralysis since i can move my head).

But i dont know how to control it ^^ maybe i should try some techniques to induce ego travelling (Astral Projection)

All the astrial techniques on this thread are wake induced. If you acomplish it properly you should not loose conciousness.

• 8 months later...

Here, all you whom are interested in astral projection and looking for useful tips to increase chances for success, I am reviving this several years old thread of mine as it contains lots of useful information that can come in handy, as well as the answers to a lot of the common questions i see asked over and over again.

Take a look through the tips and information here, and hopefully you will find some use of it

Good luck!

Here, all you whom are interested in astral projection and looking for useful tips to increase chances for success, I am reviving this several years old thread of mine as it contains lots of useful information that can come in handy, as well as the answers to a lot of the common questions i see asked over and over again.

Take a look through the tips and information here, and hopefully you will find some use of it

Good luck!

We should do a FAQ thread. That would be very usefull.

We should do a FAQ thread. That would be very usefull.

Yes that is a very good idea. Perhaps we could get it pinned at top so it will be easily visible for anyone going into the forum.

Cheers