Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criss Angel levitation explained

douglasdouglas

I remember when he hypnotized the 4 students to pick a car up in front of the whole school in the parking lot.

Illusion is right. Everything IS an illusion and he is a great student.

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone considered that criss angel may well be a ET a lot of people are saying hes pretending to be jesus or evil, perhaps I feel that in the very near future we will hear a lot more from criss, lets be open minded people

has anyone considered that criss angel may well be a ET a lot of people are saying hes pretending to be jesus or evil, perhaps I feel that in the very near future we will hear a lot more from criss, lets be open minded people

Come on now, you cannot be serious. Please if you think that to be true then it is probably in your best interest to look up how magic tricks are done; his included. He is good at what he does but he is just a guy who does tricks to entertain people; nothing more. There are plenty of people who do plenty of tricks similar to what he does, so for the sake of embarrassment it might be best to break the code and just look up the answers so that you can see that he is just a human...a talented human.

Come on now, you cannot be serious. Please if you think that to be true then it is probably in your best interest to look up how magic tricks are done; his included. He is good at what he does but he is just a guy who does tricks to entertain people; nothing more. There are plenty of people who do plenty of tricks similar to what he does, so for the sake of embarrassment it might be best to break the code and just look up the answers so that you can see that he is just a human...a talented human.

ok thats fine can you please enlighten me on how he walks on top of water and levitates above the trees, do you think it is possible that he maybe a ET or do you feel overall that they dont exist, in the video of him levitating at the golf course was that a ufo in the sky? if not was it a illusion, plane or some other vehicle in the sky. im truly interested in knowing how he does it.

You know, people levitate in movies too. Are actors doing supernatural magic? :rolleyes:

Criss Angel also revealed how he did one of his levitation trick, the link is somewhere in this thread. Now, if he really did have "powers", why would he sometimes use supernatural magic, and sometimes explained non-paranormal magic trick? Just think about it.

ok thats fine can you please enlighten me on how he walks on top of water and levitates above the trees, do you think it is possible that he maybe a ET or do you feel overall that they dont exist, in the video of him levitating at the golf course was that a ufo in the sky? if not was it a illusion, plane or some other vehicle in the sky. im truly interested in knowing how he does it.

Walking on water? has been done for decades by magicians, with a Plexiglas platform just underwater-it is invisible to the naked eye, but it can support weight, the same trick that was used in movies for years.

I am not sure as i havent seen the gold course trick, but i have seen him go over fountains and such... All of the flying tricks...I hate to break it to you...the are exactly what you would think them to be, he is on a cable from a with the people in the audience around him in on the trick. Dangle the guy from a crane...everyone assumes that the audience sees nothing and that is exactly where the magic is. You dont think that with ALL those people there, that they can be fooled, but they can...well they can be payed to be fooled. You assume they all see nothing, and they all do their best to look amazed(Some of the tricks of course they are not in on, and they are amazed, but for the biggie flying/hovering tricks- the crowd knows...

Sorry bud, hate to burst your bubble, but magic is far far more simple than you think it is. All tricks are based on being WAY simpler than the mind can conceive so that the magician can be busy having fun playing with peoples minds and not having to do all kinds of crazy things you would assume they would have to do to get some tricks done.

if you watch closely you can actually spot the same people time and time again, in different places. Different clothes..same people though.

The camerawork is done from very specific angles and as much as you would love to think the he is telling he truth when he says "have we ever met" that doesnt always mean he has...many of the people in his audience are plants and if you watch with any kind of keen eye you can spot it before it happens.

Walking on water? has been done for decades by magicians, with a Plexiglas platform just underwater-it is invisible to the naked eye, but it can support weight, the same trick that was used in movies for years.

I am not sure as i havent seen the gold course trick, but i have seen him go over fountains and such... All of the flying tricks...I hate to break it to you...the are exactly what you would think them to be, he is on a cable from a with the people in the audience around him in on the trick. Dangle the guy from a crane...everyone assumes that the audience sees nothing and that is exactly where the magic is. You dont think that with ALL those people there, that they can be fooled, but they can...well they can be payed to be fooled. You assume they all see nothing, and they all do their best to look amazed(Some of the tricks of course they are not in on, and they are amazed, but for the biggie flying/hovering tricks- the crowd knows...

Sorry bud, hate to burst your bubble, but magic is far far more simple than you think it is. All tricks are based on being WAY simpler than the mind can conceive so that the magician can be busy having fun playing with peoples minds and not having to do all kinds of crazy things you would assume they would have to do to get some tricks done.

if you watch closely you can actually spot the same people time and time again, in different places. Different clothes..same people though.

The camerawork is done from very specific angles and as much as you would love to think the he is telling he truth when he says "have we ever met" that doesnt always mean he has...many of the people in his audience are plants and if you watch with any kind of keen eye you can spot it before it happens.

cheers for that im opened minded to what you have said, it just that I have never seen these tricks before and I did say in my first post has anyone considered that criss maybe a ET. I have only just knowen about the man in the last 3 years. when you do get a chance can u have a look at the golf course levitation and the possible UFO in the sky. I have actually seen someone first hand do levitation but she rose only about 3 feet in the air sitting with her legs crossed, this lady I have knowen for 30 years and what I saw was no trick.I have read many books ov er the years on metaphysics and levitation has been happening for thousands of years

• 10 months later...

Since we're on the topic of street magic...

I'm sure most have seen it, but it's always funny to watch:

David Blaine spoof

Edited by Darktangent

Criss Angel uses demons. What he does is real. There are no mirrors or people pulling wires. Jesus is way more powerful than demons though. If you don't believe me, next time you conjure up a spirit or are directly involed with spirits or inner guides, try saying "Jesus" or quote scripture. I dare you. You won't believe the reaction you will get from spirits. If you fear for your life though because of them being furious at you for saying that, you can ask Jesus to save you.

In the moment that a demon or spirit is threatening your very life, say "Jesus! Save me! I give my life to you." Then face the spirit directly and tell him "I command you to leave immediately in Jesus name". You can quote scripture as well and keep saying that if he doesn't leave immediately. In some cases it has taken hours, but the spirit MUST go away in the name of Jesus.

I dare you to merely say the word "Jesus" in the presence of a spirit/gaurdian/inner spirit guide. If you don't actually believe that the name is powerful and it won't have any affect to say it then what's it going to hurt. Just try it but when the spirit you thought was benign suddenly terrifies you, remember what I said above how to save yourself.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Edited by Darktangent

Ok these is the thing that he looks for the skeptics out there too simple minded to believe that a human being can pull off such a feat. and that all humans should be normal!!!!!

No not true this is why I strive to be different because this race and the many cultures want and strives you on being like them in every way just with a little different perspective!!!!

Ok it is probably not magic or even illusions but the fact is that someone has come out with something good and spectacular and here are the skeptics trying to put down the potential of what we can do. Whether it is fake or not the point is he fooled you once and if he is good at doing it once what makes you think that he would never be able to do it again. His manipulations of your mind have caused you to try and find out how it is done and why should he have the something better than me so I will just criticize that person and try to make him out to be a fake.

<i>This is the human race with anyone doing better than them. Why is he doing better, how is he manipulating minds and I am not, and even so why has he got me to talk about things that he care about and still makes money off of it?????</i>

He could have or could have not pulled of a deeper awareness of the consciousness, but the point is he is not afraid of the people who says that he hasn't or that he just could not do that and that it is impossible.

Ok if everything he does is so fake and somewhat illusions explain to me the shadow trick he did when he somehow uses his shadow to manipulate the other shadow to obliviously move it!!!! Or how he takes his mother out of a case that he was carrying with nothing under the table or no cloth covering it!! Or the one where he draws a butterfly on a piece of paper and makes it appear without multiple foldings or anything!!! Or even when he wrote something on a cab window saying the exact thought that the woman was thinking and did it right in front of the audience!!!!! Amazing huh???

<i>He is bringing the inspiration back into many people just by what he does just because it is things that you thought was possible. Whether it was actually doing the illusion or playing your mind into believing it the first time!!!!</i>

You should be open minded to the possibilities that the human race can do something with themselves besides make money for themselves or for someone else. He does what he does because it gets people like you to talk about what he does which almost fuels him to do even more spectacular things.Also the people that do believe in him waits for the next feat. which would make their minds fold and unfold asking questions. To know that someone has done something spectacular with their life and time making your mind boggle the first time which is always the best <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>The First Impression </b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> and he always makes sure that it is perfect for your eyes and mine!!! <u>So try and lay off of what the man does and congratulate him on the things that you cannot do!!!!!!</u>

Explain and then i will believe that he a fake and a rip off!!!!!!!

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

I think us not being able to explain it is the point. The fact that people haven't figured out all of his tricks is what makes him one of the best illusionists.

Remember one thing about TV magicians, everyone around them is in on the gag, EVERYONE.

• 2 weeks later...
ok that may be true, but when people see CA live they are dumbfounded like when he "flew" over trees in a golf course, or levitating straight to the top of a 25 foot telephone pole, or my favorite "flying" off the balcony of the Luxor hotel 200 feet in the air and coming down in a crowed of people and walking away, he will not talk about this stuff when asked -in fact Larry king did not bring it up and that should have the first thing he should have asked unless he was told not to by CA

More often than not, live audiences are able to catch things that illusionists do, while TV audiences can't. (For old timers, the "mentalist" Kreskin was a prime example. David Blaine, with his street magic, is another.) And there's no reason to think that it's not the same with Criss Angel.

Just enjoy the tricks, but know in the back of your mind that it's all just well-executed deception. You're expected to believe that what you're seeing is real.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Why do you feel he uses the devil? why does the devil have to get credit for such a talented man. Most people point to his ability to levitate.. that he made a pact with the devil cus as far as most are concern that have seen it live, this guy can really levitate... but why does it it have to be from satan? A lot of what he does is hard work physical.. mental... spiritual...like walking up the pyramid in Las Vegas, or walking down sides of buildings this takes hard physical and mental training...and a lot of what he does is great illusions.. which is hard work also.

His Father was Christian man and he loved his Father greatly. CA did pray to Jesus for protection when he did the top of the pyramid levitation I heard that one and before his stunts he prays, now I'm not saying he is a born again Christian yet, but I don't see him asking satan for power to do these things. I would like to know why you feel he is evoking satan for power. Thanks for reading..

Why do you feel he uses the devil? why does the devil have to get credit for such a talented man. Most people point to his ability to levitate.. that he made a pact with the devil cus as far as most are concern that have seen it live, this guy can really levitate... but why does it it have to be from satan? A lot of what he does is hard work physical.. mental... spiritual...like walking up the pyramid in Las Vegas, or walking down sides of buildings this takes hard physical and mental training...and a lot of what he does is great illusions.. which is hard work also.

His Father was Christian man and he loved his Father greatly. CA did pray to Jesus for protection when he did the top of the pyramid levitation I heard that one and before his stunts he prays, now I'm not saying he is a born again Christian yet, but I don't see him asking satan for power to do these things. I would like to know why you feel he is evoking satan for power. Thanks for reading..

The person youre referring to (jesus_is_king) posted that in 2006, so dont expect any replies soon.

And he doesnt levitate, its an illusion and has been shown many times how he does it.

• 1 month later...

lol Chris angel is a master of allusion and sleight of hand. He does things not even i have been able to perfect yet. I do a wide variety of card tricks and allusions and some of the things he does i cant even wrap my mind around. I have been doing tricks for years now and its a good form of entertainment for my kids and others. But thats all it is, entertainment. so "trying" to figure out what he does and calling him a fake over it is rediculous because he doesnt use superntural powers lol.

so "trying" to figure out what he does and calling him a fake over it is rediculous because he doesnt use superntural powers lol.

Nor does he claim to. I find it amusing how people jump to the accusation of him being a fraud/fake/scammm etc lol.

• 1 month later...

i cant believe this is even being discussed. the guy cant really levitate. im sure extraordinary things happen everyday, but this is not a miracle, this is not "Magic" this is a street trick. with people in on the illusion. TV trickery and smoke and mirrors. Illusions have been around for thousands of years. they say they even have a hieroglyph of the cup and balls on an ancient Egyptian tomb. im glad people like to believe in the magic of these performers, but you have to admit that if the man could fly, he would be saving a crapload of money on gas. the trick is to do a short one foot "levitation" and film a street crowd reacting. later go back and do the "trick" again with people standing in for the people on the street. you would usually see the backs of the people as he is "Levitating". then with the stand-ins watching, you use a crane with wires to lift you up, later removing the wires in the editing room. then cut back to the real crowd's reaction, then back to him levitating with the crane. it is television magic. im not saying this is how he does all of his tricks, this is just one example. hell i can even do the short 3 inch levitation. it isnt hard. its in a standard magic book. you can now even go buy his stupid little magic kit that comes with a DVD on levitation. go at it folks.

chris angel is a trickster. nothing more. illusionists are liars who entertain you using your own gullibility.

chris angel is a trickster. nothing more. illusionists are liars who entertain you using your own gullibility.

And they get a pretty good paycheck for doing so. Maybe not so much for those that pull a dead rabbit out of the hat though. Magic is for kids.

And they get a pretty good paycheck for doing so. Maybe not so much for those that pull a dead rabbit out of the hat though. Magic is for kids.

they get no money from me.

btw

i thought 'trix' were for kids

Hey I havn't seen chris angels version of the levitation trick, is it the same as David Blaines? if so it's done using a method called the Balducci levetation plus TV editing. One of my old hobbies is magic, i'm more into card tricks then tricks like this. Anyway Its in many a book and on dvds I used to be a member of a magic site were you paid a yearly fee and then could watch dvds and read books over the net, they had a forum that discussed the levitation trick in great detail. So yeah, Balducci levetation. :)

WOW! Now that is funny :yes: I sometimes think I'm gullible for believing some of the things I do, but... come on... Angels?, ET's? :blink: . All the tricks seen on any of the magic TV shows are planned to the very last detail with backup plans and backstage people running around making sure everything goes smoothly. They use editing to show only the best reactions. For example:

ACT 1: They film the magician levitating using the Balducci method in front of an audience

Act 2: They reshoot the levitation with no audience, this time using wires or 'lifts' to make him levitate a lot higher

Step 3: They go back to the studio and edit the 2 shoots together.

Result: On TV it know looks as though the audience are reacting to the magician levitating 6ft up in the air, when in reality those reactions are from the first shoot.