Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New geoglyph find in Nazca

Big Bad Voodoo

Two scientists from Yamagata University in Japan reported finding two new geoglyphs in southern Peru’s Nazca province. According to the archaeology faculty chief at Yamagata, Yoichi Watanabe, the drawing of the human head is 4.2 meters long and 3.1 m wide. The geoglyphs have most probably not been identified in aerial surveys before because of their small size.

Read more...

new-nasca-find.jpg

The other geoglyph of what appears to be an animal measures about 2.7 meters long and 6.9 meters wide. It is not known when it was created.

http://japantoday.com/category/national/view/japanese-team-finds-2-new-geoglyphs-on-perus-nazca-plateau

Edited by the L

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Bad Voodoo

• Mr.United_Nations

• Moonshine

• zenfahr

Looks fake. BUT its intresting nonetheless. bit like the whitehorses of England. However that does not look human.

Looks fake. BUT its intresting nonetheless. bit like the whitehorses of England. However that does not look human.

I wouldn't write them off that quickly. It is possible that they have been missed before due to their size in comparison to the more famous ones. On the contrary the lower image looks a little suspicious.

I wouldn't write them off that quickly. It is possible that they have been missed before due to their size in comparison to the more famous ones. On the contrary the lower image looks a little suspicious.

Thats why I removed that picture. :hmm:

Thats why I removed that picture. :hmm:

Any chance you can add the second geoglyph picture again?? :yes: I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Maybe we can all discuss what we think it is

welcome to UM, where everything presented is a fake. common man, if it was fake it would look like homer.

homer-cerne-abbas-giant.jpg

Any chance you can add the second geoglyph picture again?? :yes: I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Maybe we can all discuss what we think it is

It is irelavant. I found that second picture on one forum where guy claim that he got that picture from one japan site. I upload picture and check that site later and didnt find that pic.

welcome to UM, where everything presented is a fake. common man, if it was fake it would look like homer.

homer-cerne-abbas-giant.jpg

That was real btw

The pic of the alleged face could be just about anything. From the crappy condition and resolution of the pic, it could very well be shadows from bushes. If you really want to see something, just stare at random squiggles for a while... you'll start seeing stuff.

Well, they're nazca lines. Not photograph portraits.

Why would you think they are fake? Why would someone fake Nazca Lines, which are already established to exist?

I suppose it gets attention, but we're not dealing with Chupacabra footage here.

Edited by Thesantanafan

I don't see why it couldn't be real. After all, to achieve the Nazca lines, the indigenous people must have had practice runs before tackling a much larger project.

Same idea in Egypt. We do see the earlier pyramids as test runs before creating the last ancient wonder of the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Technically, in a literal sense, the Great Pyramids are the first ancient wonder of the world. I mean they are the last to survive, but all 7 existed at one time or another.

Edited by knighterror

Frankly the OPs pic just looked like three circular holes on a larger circular mound to me

*edit* cant find my glasses again

Edited by third_eye

• 4 months later...

Geoglyph Hunters,

There is a new book on Amazon.com which will change the way you look at geoglyphs. It covers Nazca, Peru, Chile and many other countries. Go to Amazon.com and enter the title "Ancient Signposts".

Enjoy