Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My "Werewolf" Sighting In Florida

K.Nasr.El.Din

It was a few years ago. I never really came to any of these sites since then because, honestly, I think they're stupid just because of all the people who want to be cool. Anyways. To my point:

I was on the phone with two of my friends in my backyard and I went to my wooden fence to open the gate to go to my front yeard. (The fence is to tall to see over.) I was looking down as I walked through the gate and turned to close the latch, so I didn't see the "werewolf". I turned around and just froze. It was about seven feet tall or so, it was hunched over, very broad shoulders, had a more slim lower body, and definately had fur. It was dark, so I couldn't see any details. But it was pretty close to me. It looked like a reasonable version of a werewolf. It started walking towards me, so I freaked out and ran up the fence behind me and laid down on the top of it. My friends were still talking to each other and I was silent the whole time. I just stared down at it. It surprisingly didn't freak out after my own freak out, but just stood there and looked at me. So, like a dumbass, I ran inside and turned the frontyard light on. Now I realize how stupid that was. I ran back outside and it was gone. My guess is because I was an idiot and turned on a light without watching it. Anyways, it would be really cool if some people could share some stories or explain what it was. 'Cause I don't believe in werewolves. Just things that could inspire the legend.

** I was not at the time or ever was before that time intoxicated on any drug without medical purposes. Also, I had adequate sleep.

• Like 2

Cool story...

This is one where no one can say what you saw....

All that I can say is I am 100% sure " Werewolves" do not exist , so I would say you had a Hallucination , or this is just a story....

One of these days , someone is going to have a good video or pictures of their encounters......Well , maybe not....

Did you look for any prints?.....Any hair?......You did not scream and freak out?.....That is very un-usual , especially with people near by...Seeing a 7 foot Werewolf would bring out " fight or flight " in any person , and I do find it hard to believe you did not scream for help.

• Like 2

It was a few years ago. I never really came to any of these sites since then because, honestly, I think they're stupid just because of all the people who want to be cool. Anyways. To my point:

I was on the phone with two of my friends in my backyard and I went to my wooden fence to open the gate to go to my front yeard. (The fence is to tall to see over.) I was looking down as I walked through the gate and turned to close the latch, so I didn't see the "werewolf". I turned around and just froze. It was about seven feet tall or so, it was hunched over, very broad shoulders, had a more slim lower body, and definately had fur. It was dark, so I couldn't see any details. But it was pretty close to me. It looked like a reasonable version of a werewolf. It started walking towards me, so I freaked out and ran up the fence behind me and laid down on the top of it. My friends were still talking to each other and I was silent the whole time. I just stared down at it. It surprisingly didn't freak out after my own freak out, but just stood there and looked at me. So, like a dumbass, I ran inside and turned the frontyard light on. Now I realize how stupid that was. I ran back outside and it was gone. My guess is because I was an idiot and turned on a light without watching it. Anyways, it would be really cool if some people could share some stories or explain what it was. 'Cause I don't believe in werewolves. Just things that could inspire the legend.

** I was not at the time or ever was before that time intoxicated on any drug without medical purposes. Also, I had adequate sleep.

Probably a bear standing up.

• Like 1

Cool story...

This is one where no one can say what you saw....

All that I can say is I am 100% sure " Werewolves" do not exist , so I would say you had a Hallucination , or this is just a story....

One of these days , someone is going to have a good video or pictures of their encounters......Well , maybe not....

Did you look for any prints?.....Any hair?......You did not scream and freak out?.....That is very un-usual , especially with people near by...Seeing a 7 foot Werewolf would bring out " fight or flight " in any person , and I do find it hard to believe you did not scream for help.

Honestly, no one can say anything in their life isn't a hallucination. But as far as I know, it wasn't a hallucination. There was no hair. I looked for prints the next day, but our grass doesn't really allow prints for anything. And I just froze. Like.. What the freak was I supposed to do? Punch it? No? And I did run...Kinda. It was delayed, but I jumped my fence. And it wasn't a bear. I can not explain to you how insulted I feel when people tell me that. If you're on this sight, then you should believe in strange things at least somewhat. It wasn't a bear. Alright? No bear. Bears have a WAY different body shape than what I saw and they walk completely different. Leg length is different. Proportions are completely different. No bear. Oh. And I'm not a screamer. My heart just stops when I get scared of something. I tend to stay really quiet.

• Like 1

It was probably a wolf that hurt its two front paws, so it was walking on its hind legs standing upright. It was probably looking up at you lying down on top of the fence wondering if you would come down to fix his paws. Wolves, being nocturnal in nature will always run from light. So, yes, you

kinda blew it.

• Like 1

It was probably a wolf that hurt its two front paws, so it was walking on its hind legs standing upright. It was probably looking up at you lying down on top of the fence wondering if you would come down to fix his paws. Wolves, being nocturnal in nature will always run from light. So, yes, you

kinda blew it.

You do not know much about Wolves , both bold above are not even close.....

• Like 1

kinda blew it.

I have never seen, or heard of a wolf walking on its hind legs. Also, do you have any info for them being nocturnal by nature? Ive seen them doing many things in broad daylight.

Wheres your info coming from?

How long did you lie there for prior to running?

also can you add clarity to the contradictions highlighted in your post? thanks

oh and lastly if so scary why did you run back out?

oops one last question if i may, how tall is your gate?

Edited by quillius

You do not know much about Wolves , both bold above are not even close.....

Figured that much.

I was trying to be humorous and a little sarcastic.

He says he was lying on top of a wooden fence looking down at a 7 foot tall werewolf.

Just how tall was this wooden fence? And who would just look at a werewolf and not run?

I was trying to be humorous and a little sarcastic.

He says he was lying on top of a wooden fence looking down at a 7 foot tall werewolf.

Just how tall was this wooden fence? And who would just look at a werewolf and not run?

I was hoping so :)

You never know on here....

And it wasn't a bear. I can not explain to you how insulted I feel when people tell me that

No one is trying to insult you , we are just replying would it could have been....I am sorry if reporting a Werewolf sighting sounds impossible to many people.....It was either a Hallucination , Mistaken-Identity ( and size ) , or made up.....Maybe the " Swamp Ape " would have been a little bit better then a Werewolf.....

skunk2a.jpg

If you're on this sight, then you should believe in strange things at least somewhat.

No , this site is not just a place where people post extraordinary stories and everyone says " YA !!!! , I know what that is , you are so lucky to get to see one of those " ( although it will happen ).....

This site has all walks of people , with different opinions ( a lot of them based off of facts )...Their are Doctors , Scientists , College Students , Psychologists , Bigfoot Researchers , unemployed , telemarketers , etc , on and on , people here....

You will get replies from all sides.....One thing I notice , if someone makes up a story , and they get feedback they disagree with , they get upset....I suggest you take each reply and digest them all , do not reply to ones that upset you if they do...But be prepared to support your claim with something , and to be open minded about your options of what you may have seen.

If you just want people agreeing with you , and telling you how to avoid werewolves , you came to the wrong place...

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

I fell in love with a werewolf. His name was Jacob. But he was in love with this chick named Bella. and he kept saying something about I was too old for him and I was married and blah blah blah. He left me heartbroken. Lol

I don't know. Crazy things happen when you party naked and meth is a hell of a drug. So I guess it's possible. I think anything is possible. Plausible? Who knows. But possible? Yes. Stuff like this is why big brother cams would be a good thing. I'd love to set a camera up in my house or outside or something. But I'm a wuss and I don't really care to know what's out there. I like sleep. If it ain't broke don't fix it ya know?!

• Like 1

I also think it might be another animal. Maybe bear or something similar to that figure? I might believe this cause if i see a huge creature or something i wont scream but freeze and make not a single noise, even though i have friends close by. Cause if you do so it might attack and eat you lol. But i would scream to things that wont eat me, probably if a cow was running after me haha

Hello and welcome to UM...I'm new here also...I have found such GREAT topics, and the members aren't too bad either! ;):-*

Couple questions/comments if you don't mind....

If the encounter was a few years ago...what prompted your posting about it now? Just curious! Has something else happened that triggered your memory of this?

I was on the phone with two of my friends in my backyard and I went to my wooden fence to open the gate to go to my front yeard. (The fence is to tall to see over.) I was looking down as I walked through the gate and turned to close the latch, so I didn't see the "werewolf".

Not related, but how do you talk to 2 of your friends on the phone at once? Like a conference call...or 3-way call? Also, I'm trying to get a mental pic of your property. You say you were in your back yard when you opened the gate on the tall fence to enter your front yard? Are both yards fenced in, or just the front?

I turned around and just froze. It was about seven feet tall or so, it was hunched over, very broad shoulders, had a more slim lower body, and definately had fur. It was dark, so I couldn't see any details. But it was pretty close to me. It looked like a reasonable version of a werewolf. It started walking towards me, so I freaked out and ran up the fence behind me and laid down on the top of it. My friends were still talking to each other and I was silent the whole time. I just stared down at it. It surprisingly didn't freak out after my own freak out, but just stood there and looked at me. So, like a dumbass, I ran inside and turned the frontyard light on. Now I realize how stupid that was. I ran back outside and it was gone. My guess is because I was an idiot and turned on a light without watching it.

My bolded section above. If it was that dark...how can you be sure it wasn't another kind of animal? What's a "reasonable" version of a werewolf? Like more "realistic" than something dramatic created for a movie perhaps? Your friends were still chatting...with each other? Obviously then it WAS some kind of 3-way call? Did you say anything to them at all during this experience? I saw that you said you didn't scream or anything...but did you do anything that would have alerted your pals that something was up? Did they ask why you stopped talking? Also...general ?...how close are your nearest neighbors?

Anyways, it would be really cool if some people could share some stories or explain what it was. 'Cause I don't believe in werewolves. Just things that could inspire the legend.

Wish I had a story to share...what kind of reaction have you gotten from friends/family when relating this story? Anyone else share anything similar? Have you tried looking again? Or filming? Anything to see if you can catch something?

Respectfully, this comment need clarified. There are plenty of medications that people take that are Rx'd by a doctor for medical reasons that WILL cause sensory disturbances, hallucinations, etc. If you don't mind...could you share what you were taking? Also...no recreational drugs correct?

Wow...that was a lot of questions! LOL

Actually it also kinda sounds like the Skunk Ape (Southern US's version of Bigfoot")...

And who would just look at a werewolf and not run?

Chuck Norris.

Edited by StarChild 83

Wow...that was a lot of questions! LOL

Certainly was, although clearly presented. I hope you get a response seeing as you took the time for the detailed post. :yes:

And welcome to UM yourself :tu::)

Bro, I'm assuming you must live around a wooded area. I live in the middle of the suburbs, and highly doubt ever seeing any kind of feral creature running around my neighborhood. I can't say I believe you, but I don't really know why you'd lie about it either. I'm also positive you didn't see a werewolf, but it could have perhaps been another creature of some sort, especially if you do live near a heavily wooded area.

As for your behavior and reactions to this seemingly close encounter, I won't give you grief about it. This is because I think that many of these people who ARE giving you grief for it are thinking about how they would react right NOW. Meaning from the safety of their room. People's reactions obviously change under different circumstances. Yes everyone has the fundamental "fight or flight" response, but that is only a very rough description of many different reactions a person may or may not have. You didn't have the luxury of thinking time. You had to act, so you did what you did.

Unfortunately you'll probably never know what you saw. And perhaps you didn't see anything at all. The human mind is very susceptible to tricks, and something as simple as shadows can play games with your head, especially in the dark. It's nothing to be ashamed of and I understand that it is frustrating, but it happens to everybody. It is definitely something to consider.

And it wasn't a bear. I can not explain to you how insulted I feel when people tell me that. If you're on this sight, then you should believe in strange things at least somewhat. It wasn't a bear. Alright? No bear. Bears have a WAY different body shape than what I saw and they walk completely different. Leg length is different. Proportions are completely different. No bear. Oh. And I'm not a screamer. My heart just stops when I get scared of something. I tend to stay really quiet.

I like the entire part that I made italic and especially take note to the bolded parts lol. First, to be "insulted" when people are asking a serious, and very legitimate question is childish and also takes credibility away from the claim. Then the second bolded part just made me laugh. "If you're on this sight (Someone needs a dictionary), then you should believe in strange things..." I'm not sure anyone said they don't believe in strange things. We however aren't a large group of push over, feeble minded ninnies, who just say "Well, you said it so it's true!" You bring a claim here, and we are going to analyze it immidiately. You came asking for help, so why get upset and hurt when you're receiving just that?

Something you have to understand. We are going to try and debunk every outlandish claim made in these forums.

Too many times people have came in these forum and made claims of seeing unbelievable things.

It is our duty to try and debunk these claims. If they hold up all the scrutiny then people might say "Hey

he's got something here." But just to believe every claim unquestionably is laughable.

However the truth be told, a lot of the outlandish claims people have made in these forums usually don't

pass the scrutiny test based on what they write. Their own words cause them to trip and stumble right back

into obscurity.

Until bigfoot, werewolves, true vampires (not the wannabe kind) yeti, fairies, dragons and all the other

fairy tale myths are captured or a skeleton is presented to the world, I do not believe it at all. Maybe

I'll eat my words someday, but that won't bother me, because someday I'll get to see one of the above.

Something you have to understand. We are going to try and debunk every outlandish claim made in these forums.

Too many times people have came in these forum and made claims of seeing unbelievable things.

It is our duty to try and debunk these claims. If they hold up all the scrutiny then people might say "Hey

he's got something here." But just to believe every claim unquestionably is laughable.

However the truth be told, a lot of the outlandish claims people have made in these forums usually don't

pass the scrutiny test based on what they write. Their own words cause them to trip and stumble right back

into obscurity.

Until bigfoot, werewolves, true vampires (not the wannabe kind) yeti, fairies, dragons and all the other

fairy tale myths are captured or a skeleton is presented to the world, I do not believe it at all. Maybe

I'll eat my words someday, but that won't bother me, because someday I'll get to see one of the above.

Nicely put my friend. As I stated above, it's hilarious how people come here and expect to just throw out any and every droll claim, then say "Well, you guys HAVE to believe me? How dare you question me?!" and get offended. lol

Maybe I'll eat my words someday, but that won't bother me, because someday I'll get to see one of the above.

Agreed. On that day I will happily enjoy my crow and finish it off with a heaping slice of humble pie.

OP, where in FL were you?

Probably a bear standing up.

There's no way you can mistake a bear standing for a werewolf. Bears have fat asses and short legs. What this person is describing was not a bear, lol.

Honestly, no one can say anything in their life isn't a hallucination. But as far as I know, it wasn't a hallucination. There was no hair. I looked for prints the next day, but our grass doesn't really allow prints for anything. And I just froze. Like.. What the freak was I supposed to do? Punch it? No? And I did run...Kinda. It was delayed, but I jumped my fence. And it wasn't a bear. I can not explain to you how insulted I feel when people tell me that. If you're on this sight, then you should believe in strange things at least somewhat. It wasn't a bear. Alright? No bear. Bears have a WAY different body shape than what I saw and they walk completely different. Leg length is different. Proportions are completely different. No bear. Oh. And I'm not a screamer. My heart just stops when I get scared of something. I tend to stay really quiet.

Don't worry. I don't tend to scream when something startles me like that, either. I always get the delayed reaction to move which is prolly what's going to get me killed during the zombie apocolypse. :lol: And yes, again, bears are MUCH different looking than wolves, even at night.

I have never seen, or heard of a wolf walking on its hind legs. Also, do you have any info for them being nocturnal by nature? Ive seen them doing many things in broad daylight.

Wheres your info coming from?

Wolves don't walk on their hind legs when they're injured. They just don't. :rolleyes:

Actually it also kinda sounds like the Skunk Ape (Southern US's version of Bigfoot")...

No it don't. :lol: The skunk ape (not that I've ever seen one, but from reported sightings) are also a different shape. They're not slender, and their body isn't a v shape. It's more straight up and down, more similar to human shapes. Also, the face doesn't look like a wolf, though I don't know if the OP even saw the face. The legs are more burly than any sort of wolf would be, though.

Bro, I'm assuming you must live around a wooded area. I live in the middle of the suburbs, and highly doubt ever seeing any kind of feral creature running around my neighborhood. I can't say I believe you, but I don't really know why you'd lie about it either. I'm also positive you didn't see a werewolf, but it could have perhaps been another creature of some sort, especially if you do live near a heavily wooded area.

As for your behavior and reactions to this seemingly close encounter, I won't give you grief about it. This is because I think that many of these people who ARE giving you grief for it are thinking about how they would react right NOW. Meaning from the safety of their room. People's reactions obviously change under different circumstances. Yes everyone has the fundamental "fight or flight" response, but that is only a very rough description of many different reactions a person may or may not have. You didn't have the luxury of thinking time. You had to act, so you did what you did.

Unfortunately you'll probably never know what you saw. And perhaps you didn't see anything at all. The human mind is very susceptible to tricks, and something as simple as shadows can play games with your head, especially in the dark. It's nothing to be ashamed of and I understand that it is frustrating, but it happens to everybody. It is definitely something to consider.

If you live in the suburbs and never see wild animals in your neighborhood, you're very lucky. I live right in town and there's possums and raccoons in the garbage all the time. Rabbits and deer are common here and deer even go into stores and houses which is scary when they panic. We even see bears though they're usually in the outskirts. Even if the OP lives in a populated area, you can't rule out an animal, even a big one.