Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lycans

deadtotheworld

its kind of like the opposite of antimatter colliding with matter that turns atoms into photons which then eventually collide to create new atoms fom the old ones of course they still follow the law of conservation of matter.

but instead of throwing the photons or matter away in all directions it pulls them in of course that is only a theory but it would explain the heat flash.

ok good i would just like to say that i personally am over even most of my teachers heads as far as physics theory and concepts go they will admit it. but anyway the law of conservation of mass only applies if the matter is the same type. like paper if you cut a piece of paper in half it still has the same mass as it did when it was one piece but ifyou burn it the ashes have far less mass because they are not the same substance. when you go through the change the chemical makeup changes therefor not the same substance so that law doesnt quite apply though i agree with the high amounts of energy needed to change.

Do you cut yourself in half and burn half of it? If not, the law completely applies. You are claiming to change into a completely different sized form. It is not possible.

as far as food consumtion i eat about as much as seven ordinary people at least

That would never been enough, it also wouldn't enough to protect you from that amount of energy killing you ;) Also, if you ate that much, you'd also be morbidly obese.

its kind of like the opposite of antimatter colliding with matter that turns atoms into photons which then eventually collide to create new atoms fom the old ones of course they still follow the law of conservation of matter.

but instead of throwing the photons or matter away in all directions it pulls them in of course that is only a theory but it would explain the heat flash.

That is utter nonsense. sorry, but that is about as scientific as the literary diarrhoea produce by Stephanie Meyers.

You do not know what you are talking about.

You sound like you are either radioactive or a thermonuclear explosion.

Edited by Mattshark

I want to let you guys know that the word lycan did in fact come from the film underworld. I already made an extensive post in one of the other many Lycan/Werwolf threads. For the sake of convenience I'll repost it here.

Original Greek - lukanthropos

Modified Greek - Lycanthropus

Modern English - Lycanthrope

--Lukos-- from "Wolf"

--Anthropos-- From "Man"

So then in order to be correct lycanthrope would break into --Lyc-- and --anthrope--

"Lyc" being a heavily modified "lukos" for wolf

"Anthrope" being a slightly modified "anthropos" for human

From this we can conclude that the term "Lycan" is ment to be a shorter version of the original...but none the less who ever coined this term was some what un-educated and many in the under ground sub-culter welcome this term and confidently claim it translates to the greek wolf. But it does not. As the "an" in the term "lycan" is actually snipped from the beggining of the greek word man. Which would make this an incorrect term also making the majority of the "lycan" sub-culture look like fools (sorry if I'm too blunt)

{{Trying to simplify it more}}

Wolf---------man

Luk----------anthropos

lyc-----------anthropus

Lukos------Anthropos

So then by logic "Lycanthrope" would correctly break into

Lyc--------anthrope

Yet I don't see any "werewolves" walking around calling themselves lycs. If you're gonna decide to join a sub-culture (or somehow become a werewolf)

than you should at least do some research on your OWN FRIGGIN NAME! It dissapointing if a race can't even correctly identify it's own name. All you guys ever say is "Oh, well teh t3rm Lycan (wihch is wut I is btw) is gr33k 4 the wurd wulf!! That maeks me raelz!!!" Now I may be over generalizing but thats at least 95 percent of the Lycans on the internet. If youre gonna be committed to what ever this is "fantasy" or "lifestyle" at leaast get it right. The fact is before the 2003 release of underworld the term Lycan was not known to be used on any sites or forums on the interweb. And as I stated the term isn't even correct in the way it has been shortened.

Have a Great Life!

*cough* Nice. I find it ironic that I still see our little "Underworld Lycans" running around here.

What on Earth, my dear fellow, are you talking about?

Tell that to my physics teacher, the violent chap might go lycan on you.

Edited by Alex01

as far as food consumtion i eat about as much as seven ordinary people at least

Haha

But you only eat about 3 times as much as extraordinary people?

Kid, grow up. Please. Either show us the vid of you, or one of your kid wolf buds, or stop posting about this.

Do you cut yourself in half and burn half of it? If not, the law completely applies. You are claiming to change into a completely different sized form. It is not possible.

That would never been enough, it also wouldn't enough to protect you from that amount of energy killing you ;) Also, if you ate that much, you'd also be morbidly obese.

That is utter nonsense. sorry, but that is about as scientific as the literary diarrhoea produce by Stephanie Meyers.

You do not know what you are talking about.

You sound like you are either radioactive or a thermonuclear explosion.

No not cut in half besides that would get ugly. And Stephanie Meyer( no offense to her makes absolutely no sense. And the reason i used the scenario of paper is because when it's finished what's left is not the same type of atom. And when the change happens the genetic make up changes. ..... Sigh how do I make this make sense obviously the antimatter analogy didn't work. which by the way antimatter does that when it hits matter though scientists aren't sure why. Don't tell me you didn't know that seriously that happens inside your body all the time on a sub atomic level. But whatever.

....sigh I must ask just to be sure. What part of that was rediculous? And if you are going to say all of it please explain

No not cut in half besides that would get ugly. And Stephanie Meyer( no offense to her makes absolutely no sense. And the reason i used the scenario of paper is because when it's finished what's left is not the same type of atom. And when the change happens the genetic make up changes. ..... Sigh how do I make this make sense obviously the antimatter analogy didn't work. which by the way antimatter does that when it hits matter though scientists aren't sure why. Don't tell me you didn't know that seriously that happens inside your body all the time on a sub atomic level. But whatever.

Your paper analogy makes no sense still.

Stephanie Meyer deserves every offence for here abuse to literature.

I know what happens at a subatomic level. It has nothing to do with what happens in animal biology or anything to do with what you have put. What you put was fundamentally incorrect and your claims simply don't stand up.

Again, if there was anything like you claimed you would also be setting off Geiger counters like crazy and giving everyone you know radiation poisoning.

*shoots thread with a silver bullet*

There. Maybe that'll do it.

And a little beheading and burning for good measure.

Seriously though. These threads are like herpes. They may not be conspicuous at the time, but it's ready to break out at any moment.

We need to find something that is like a 'medicated cream' for this forum. Start brainstorming folks!! Haha.

*Similes are fun

Anyways, this whole discussion is so unbelievably futile. Werewolves aren't real... and don't even get me started on "Lycans".

Edited by paranormalguy

Ok so maybe it doesn't make sense that way but I will let you come up with the analogy when I get the stupid proof. No I am not angry simply frustrated. Like I said before I never lied to any of you whether the science behind it makes sense or not. Anyway the likelihood of me making sense is decreasing every day due to lack of sleep but trying to make sense I never lied and I will not lie. It's as simple as that. You can believe me or you can disclaim it but I personally am what I am and I have even seen others change but you people except maybe Matt and Paul(with perhaps two others thrown in there) will believe what you will. For Paul and Matt I will post again with proof after I get aren back from Washington. Until then all of you can think what you will. I figure that is fair enough

Ok so maybe it doesn't make sense that way but I will let you come up with the analogy when I get the stupid proof. No I am not angry simply frustrated. Like I said before I never lied to any of you whether the science behind it makes sense or not. Anyway the likelihood of me making sense is decreasing every day due to lack of sleep but trying to make sense I never lied and I will not lie. It's as simple as that. You can believe me or you can disclaim it but I personally am what I am and I have even seen others change but you people except maybe Matt and Paul(with perhaps two others thrown in there) will believe what you will. For Paul and Matt I will post again with proof after I get aren back from Washington. Until then all of you can think what you will. I figure that is fair enough

Have you read this entire thread? It's 18 or so pages long and quite a read. You may want to read it in it's entirety and see how many people have made claims exactly like yours so far. This thread has been running for two years. And in two years, not one person who has replied with something saying they are a werewolf has posted a shred of proof. Not one video. Not one picture. Nothing at all.

As a matter of fact, there is a search function at the top of the page. Search for "lycan", "werewolf", "werewolves" and see how many threads come up. Then read all of the replies to all of those threads. You'll find many of us in there asking the same questions to other posters who have claimed the same thing as you. It's most likely in the hundreds of pages by now. Go through them and see how many posters who have made claims have said they will get proof and return. Some need a weekend. Some mysteriously have to go out of town with thier families. Some say they will post after the next full moon. See how many of those posters ever returned with a video or a picture. I doubt you will take the time to do this, so I will just skip to the revelation. Not one single poster has ever returned with anything other than excuses for why it couldn't happen. You could have borrowed a camera 100 times by now. Or spent $4 on a disposable camera at a drug store and already proven us wrong. But that isn't what you've done. Now we are supposed to wait till Aren(?) or yourself get's back from Washington?

Sorry bud, but my guess is after this, we'll never hear from you again.

Edited by Paul Disaster

You're all bark and no bite (pun intended).

But if you're serious then check out this site.

Apply for this challenge, and then if all goes well you can come back to this thread with a photo of you and one million dollars. Then you can laugh in our faces not only because we were wrong, but because you're now a million dollars richer.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/component/content/article/37-static/254-jref-challenge-faq.html

For real though, you're silly.

It's funny how this guy makes it seem so stupid. You have the two werewolf friends, their vampire buddy, the pagan girl, and the spirit who even though she turns you into a monster, still says by you and keeps you alive. I bet I can find you guys an anime that has these exact same characters. Total BS.

It's funny how this guy makes it seem so stupid. You have the two werewolf friends, their vampire buddy, the pagan girl, and the spirit who even though she turns you into a monster, still says by you and keeps you alive. I bet I can find you guys an anime that has these exact same characters. Total BS.

Seeing as i am that pagan girl...

AND JUST CALL ME FREAKIN EMILY

Edited by vampyrechick

This is wayyyyy better then the Political threads :tu:

Going to Washington huh?......I saw some movie where the other werwolves and vampires live there....

I live in Oregon , I could make a trip up 101 to see you change into a wolf....It would be worth it...

And hello freakin emily.

Edited by Sakari

This is wayyyyy better then the Political threads :tu:

Going to Washington huh?......I saw some movie where the other werwolves and vampires live there....

I live in Oregon , I could make a trip up 101 to see you change into a wolf....It would be worth it...

And hello freakin emily.

:lol:

Was in Washington last year, I was trying to persuade Cetacea to let me nuke forks, she said I'd probably get in trouble though, unless smeyers was there in which case I'd get a commendation for services to literature.

Incredible, not only is this thread still going after the OP came back AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES ago and fessed up to making it up for a laugh, but we have a new werewolf/hybrid/whatever.

If I'd had the internet as a young teenager, I wonder if I would have spent a lot of time trying to convince people I was from the future or something after I watched The Terminator for the third time. Who knows.

I love it here, you get people who seem to honestly believe they can do magic or shapeshift or whatever. Amazing.

If I'd had the internet as a young teenager, I wonder if I would have spent a lot of time trying to convince people I was from the future or something after I watched The Terminator for the third time. Who knows.

If I had the internet as a teenager , I would have the biggest fore arms in the World....Probably carpo-tunnel also.....:blush:

If I had the internet as a teenager , I would have the biggest fore arms in the World....Probably carpo-tunnel also.....:blush:

lol, yeah - the dog-eared copies of 'Razzle' pinched from my mate's dad's bedside table would have been less awe-inspiring as a 13 year old if I'd already spent 4 years surfing the grubby corners of the web.

Kids these day don't know they're born

</old man rant>

lol, yeah - the dog-eared copies of 'Razzle' pinched from my mate's dad's bedside table would have been less awe-inspiring as a 13 year old if I'd already spent 4 years surfing the grubby corners of the web.

Kids these day don't know they're born

</old man rant>

:tu:

Makes me think about ancient Norse Man, who some had the hability to ge ''berserk''. I woinder if old Story of lycanthropy can be related to that.And i heard about a possible virus called Lyc.V that could be responsible for ''lycanthropy''.

And what kind of clue you had to think you are Lycan?

When i was younger i used to asked myself if i had some thing like that cause of my right eye being yellow-ish sometimes and etc..., but i just thouth this was all silly due to the lack of solid scientific research and information on this except on mythology and wikipedia things.

Makes me think about ancient Norse Man, who some had the hability to ge ''berserk''. I woinder if old Story of lycanthropy can be related to that.And i heard about a possible virus called Lyc.V that could be responsible for ''lycanthropy''.

And what kind of clue you had to think you are Lycan?

When i was younger i used to asked myself if i had some thing like that cause of my right eye being yellow-ish sometimes and etc..., but i just thouth this was all silly due to the lack of solid scientific research and information on this except on mythology and wikipedia things.

No virus, but theres a mental condition known as clinical lycanthropy. So, those old norse men may have had a few screws loose.

Still in Washington?