Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster Seen on Camera in Sewer

Bracket

look at the video upload data it says.t-com-fe0a605ae8da-april_fool_gag_by_united_util

That is from a comment ,I do not have time yet to try it...

Edited by Sakari

SIGHTINGS of an unusual-looking animal in the sewer network in the North West, which we reported this morning, were an April Fools Day hoax.

The creature, dubbed 'Messie', was described as being 'far too big for a rat, standing upright on strong back legs'.

Grainy CCTV footage of the 'creature' was filmed in real sewers as part of the stunt.

Water company United Utilities came up with the idea to highlight the perils of flushing inappropriate items down the loo.

Botta bing , Botta boom.....solved

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8946648._Creature__caught_on_CCTV_in_North_West_sewer_network/

• Like 2

I don't care, I still believe its real.

Na, it's another Hoax.

Did you say Hyrax?

SIGHTINGS of an unusual-looking animal in the sewer network in the North West, which we reported this morning, were an April Fools Day hoax.

Good job Sakari!! :tu:

So it was some kind of puppet? The article says it was filmed in real sewers.

• Like 1

Did you say Hyrax?

Good job Sakari!! :tu:

So it was some kind of puppet? The article says it was filmed in real sewers.

I think the background footage was the sewer....The rest CGI...

• Like 1

No, this isn't cgi. I'm not saying it's really a monster, but that really is on the footage and wasn't added later.

How do you know it wasn't added later? I did love the video, but I doubt it. In today's world you can't trust video or pictures anymore. It's a shame really.

I don't care, I still believe its real.

I say the same thing about Santa Claus every year. :)

• Like 3

I know i wouldnt take a puppet down into the sewer(Disgusting and riddled with disease)to create a lame hoax. Unless it was just the guys who worked there playing around.

Edited by Classified Document

Why do people immediately jump to the most off-the-wall explanation when they see what is an OBVIOUS fake like this.

• 2 years later...

Why do people immediately jump to the most off-the-wall explanation when they see what is an OBVIOUS fake like this.

Come on man, it's totally a monster. lolz :sk

Whats the deal with the eyeshine man, thats weird. But its just a hoax

No, this isn't cgi. I'm not saying it's really a monster, but that really is on the footage and wasn't added later.

How do you know its really on the footage and hasn't been added later?

*sigh*

it's fake. its part of a viral campaign to teach children not to flush rubbish down the toilet.

http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/2104503-sewer-monster-visits-manchester-schools-bid-educate-children-what-not-flush

• Like 1

Before I had even read through the whole thread i thought it was a fake. It reminded me too much of a film i watched called "The Tunnel" where a group go down into sewers to find out why homeless people go missing down there so lots of shaky movement and darkness and oh yeah looking up peoples noses (although that can be scary). The creature in that film looked very similar to the one in the video on here. :yes:

Lol looked like a tall anorexic version of ET. Leave it up to a moron with a camera to go chasing unknown crap in a sewer smh

The real monster is The Nameless One for digging up this crappy 2011 thread!

• Like 1

When I first saw it I was like isn't that that creature they used to promote that game Resistance