Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Osama bin Laden killed 'on same day' as Adolf

ohio state buckeyes

Osama bin Laden was killed 66 years to the day that Adolf Hitler's death was announced.

The al-Qaeda leader's death was revealed by Barack Obama on May 2 in the UK but May 1 in the US.

Hitler's demise was announced by Germany on the evening of May 1, 1945, the day after he shot himself.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquatus1

• ohio state buckeyes

• Eldorado

• arenee

Am I the only person who thinks it strange he was buried so suddenly after the announcement without a pic of his body or anything or am I just being too pessimistic?

Am I the only person who thinks it strange he was buried so suddenly after the announcement without a pic of his body or anything or am I just being too pessimistic?

There is pics online I heard its just they haven't released anything official.

I just read it's customary for Muslims to be cleansed and buried as quickly as possible after death. This I am assuming is the reason. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. I am at work and can't see pics but I've read anything so far released is fake as the real ones have no yet been released due to their not wanting any conspiracy theories coming out. Who knows at this point huh?

Pics? I've only seen one picture online showing Osama Bin Laden dead. The picture is a fake though. I'd post it here, but it may be considered too gory for the site. I guess I can provide the link to it though.

Fake Picture of dead Osama Bin Laden

Pics? I've only seen one picture online showing Osama Bin Laden dead. The picture is a fake though. I'd post it here, but it may be considered too gory for the site. I guess I can provide the link to it though.

Yeah that looks very fake but a bit icky. Thanks.

Fake! But yes I do agree that it seems odd that he was buried so quickly.

I think they don't want his body around reminding people about him, they want his memory to start fading away

I just read it's customary for Muslims to be cleansed and buried as quickly as possible after death. This I am assuming is the reason. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. I am at work and can't see pics but I've read anything so far released is fake as the real ones have no yet been released due to their not wanting any conspiracy theories coming out. Who knows at this point huh?

Yeah its hard to tell whats going on I read they might show some videos soon. I think part of it is they dont want to p*** the Muslims by offending their customs.

tee-hee... I think it's kind of funny that the headline states they were killed on the same day.. then the article proceeds to tell us how the deaths were announced on the same day.

Lots of other stuff on May first throughout history too, nothing super creepy.

The Empire state building opened in 1931, Elvis got married in 1967.. And amusingly, George Bush announced in 2003 “major combat operations in Iraq have ended.” Let's hope the Obamas announcement is more accurate than Bushes was.

Hitler done himself in on April 30th.

Worst newspaper in Britain is the old Mirror.

(I take that back... forgot about the Daily Star.)

Edited by Eldorado

It would be nice to see a corpse or something , how do we know they actually killed him , maybe they got him alive and they are water boarding him at Guantanamo bay ?

TiP.

It's not just a fake, but a poorly made one. The fact that this has half the internet convinced it's real makes me give up hope for humanity.

Hitler done himself in on April 30th.

Worst newspaper in Britain is the old Mirror.

(I take that back... forgot about the Daily Star.)

I wouldn't wipe the region under my tail with the Star...though thats its best use :P

Nope. You're not the only one. I don't buy any of this. At all. Period. The end.

Nope. You're not the only one. I don't buy any of this. At all. Period. The end.

So the united states just flew deep in Pakistan for the fun of it ? If they faked it seems like they could have came up with a less complicated story.

So the united states just flew deep in Pakistan for the fun of it ? If they faked it seems like they could have came up with a less complicated story.

There are 3 or more stories. First it was found him at sea. Then inside of a mansion. Next in his cubby hole, I heard 3 different stories plus this is all a distraction from Obama's birth certificate. People are so gullible.

There are 3 or more stories. First it was found him at sea. Then inside of a mansion. Next in his cubby hole, I heard 3 different stories plus this is all a distraction from Obama's birth certificate. People are so gullible.

No the Obama's birth certificate was over a couple years back some people are just slow. I have no clue what your talking about when the three stories .

There are 3 or more stories. First it was found him at sea. Then inside of a mansion. Next in his cubby hole, I heard 3 different stories

Really, because I have been watching the news as it has developed and have followed it since. Only

one story has been presented of his death; mansion (nasty mansion mind you). Might I have

a link to where you have heard the other stories?

plus this is all a distraction from Obama's birth certificate. People are so gullible.

I.... have never seen more irony in 14 words...

*insert-facepalm.pic*

Really, because I have been watching the news as it has developed and have followed it since. Only

one story has been presented of his death; mansion (nasty mansion mind you).

I know it's off topic but..... is that not the worst "mansion" you ever saw? lol

Wikipedia says Hitler committed suicide on April 30, 1945. Osama Bin Laden was killed on May 1. Very peculiar nonetheless, because the number of years separating both of their deaths was 66.

i too find it very convenient that he was 'buried' so quickly. also that there is no visual evidence of him. i would have thought it would be paraded over the news, no matter how "gruesome" the images are.

i find it particularly disgusting the arrogance shown by obama over what has happened. while i do understand why a lot of people, especially americans, find him so repulsive (osama), to act in such a manner is almost as bad as the person who was assasinated.

i myself dont understand why he wasnt caught and trialed like hussain was? just another show of arrogance in my eyes

i too find it very convenient that he was 'buried' so quickly.

Are you familiar with the Muslim requirements for burial? They do require quickness. The same thing happened when Dodi Fayed died in the car crash that killed Princess Diana. It isn't a matter of convenience or suspicion. It is simply a religious custom.

also that there is no visual evidence of him. i would have thought it would be paraded over the news, no matter how "gruesome" the images are.

That would have been counter-productive. The whole reason for honoring the religious traditions was to give our enemies less ammunition against us.

i find it particularly disgusting the arrogance shown by obama over what has happened. while i do understand why a lot of people, especially americans, find him so repulsive (osama), to act in such a manner is almost as bad as the person who was assasinated.

What has he done that you find not just arrogant, but repulsive?

i myself dont understand why he wasnt caught and trialed like hussain was? just another show of arrogance in my eyes

Because he was a non-factor. His influence has diminished radically over the last decade, to the point were his legend is more significant than his actual practical value. Tactically, the death of Osama is almost worthless. Strategically, it will remove a prime motivator for the enemy. Up until now, Osama was the rogue warrior, fighting for Islam while living on the run. That is a pretty glamorous role-model for people to follow. Even better is a captured martyr. By keeping the entire mission, capture, and disposition of Osama so quick and neat, it takes that factor away. Now Osama is no longer the rogue warrior. He is not a martyr. He is nothing more than a story, except that instead of mystically disappearing into the mists, he was shot and buried, like any other man.

It isn't arrogance. It's just maneuvering. They are trying to prevent a new war.

Are you familiar with the Muslim requirements for burial? They do require quickness. The same thing happened when Dodi Fayed died in the car crash that killed Princess Diana. It isn't a matter of convenience or suspicion. It is simply a religious custom.

i am familiar yes, whoever, i dont believe that those who killed him would have honoured his religion so, seeing as so many have little or no understanding of muslim beliefs.. more so a belief that all muslim people are 'bad'

That would have been counter-productive. The whole reason for honoring the religious traditions was to give our enemies less ammunition against us.

then what they did is infact against muslim belief. so they have infact not honoured their religious beliefs by burying osama in the ground

What has he done that you find not just arrogant, but repulsive?

i do find it so, but two wrongs dont make a right.

Because he was a non-factor. His influence has diminished radically over the last decade, to the point were his legend is more significant than his actual practical value. Tactically, the death of Osama is almost worthless. Strategically, it will remove a prime motivator for the enemy. Up until now, Osama was the rogue warrior, fighting for Islam while living on the run. That is a pretty glamorous role-model for people to follow. Even better is a captured martyr. By keeping the entire mission, capture, and disposition of Osama so quick and neat, it takes that factor away. Now Osama is no longer the rogue warrior. He is not a martyr. He is nothing more than a story, except that instead of mystically disappearing into the mists, he was shot and buried, like any other man.

if he was a non factor. then why worry about catching and infact killing the man? he was indeed still a very big factor with a huge following of brainwashed people. he knew he was a marked man, which is why he was hiding out so much, and being secreted by so many. technically he really wasnt a martyr. he didnt die for his cause on his own terms. he was shot, and apparently used his wife for a human shield. so in my understanding, not a martyr

It isn't arrogance. It's just maneuvering. They are trying to prevent a new war.

i think you'll find there is going to be a huge backlash with this. there are a lot of brainwashed people ready to step into his place. while i understand this had to be done, it could have been accomplished in a better way, and not gloat about how it was done.