Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sightings from Skeptics

Sakari

arenee, that's a pretty creepy story unsure.gif

I can say one of the biggest 'skeptical' experiences I had was in my old apartment I shared with a roommate. I was actually skeptical about my roommate's experience until it happened to me. She had woke me up one night and asked to sleep in my room because she kept feeling something moving next to her. Her boyfriend would stay with her for awhile but never sleep over. She said that she woke up to the presence of her 'boyfriend' spooning with his arm slung over her but when she went to touch him and wake him up to go home there was nothing there except an indentation in her bed. I chalked it up to her lack of sleep and or paranoia and told her to go back to her bed and sleep it off, she was pretty mad, only because it happened to her again 2 night later. This time she claimed she woke up on her side and saw the bed comforter rustle and move like something was under the covers. She demonstrated the whole thing when she came into my bedroom again scared. I blew her off again until about a week later. I woke up like I do every once in awhile to reposition in bed and I turned on my other side. When I closed my eyes I felt chills go from the bottom of my spine up to my neck. For some reason I opened my eyes wide and something felt like it layed right behind me almost like someone was trying to cuddle. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and switched back to my other side. This was the creepiest thing I'd experienced thus far that happened next: when I switched to my other side and closed my eyes, I could feel the bed buckling at the bottom of the mattress like someone was standing on it. I froze opened my eyes and this was probably the only time I've ever felt to scared to move. I had no pets at the time and I finally got the courage to slowly turn my head and look behind me at the bed covers. I'm still trying to reason with myself to this day but there's no way I can sugar coat it but say I saw a large indentation at the bottom of the bed and watched as 'footsteps' indentations in the bed covers walked it's way up, stopped right behind my upper back and felt something heavy lay behind me. I say felt because my body started to lean backwards as if someone had lain down quickly behind me. I screamed, threw the covers off and told my roommate who only said "Now you ****ing believe me?"

Still can't quite put together why it happened or what it was and am pretty skeptical about it. Once we moved out of the apartment and went our separate ways, it never happened to either of us again. Haha :)

Now that's a creepy story. It was what I was afraid of would happen when I opened the door that it would crawl into bed with me. My son said it tried to get into bed before so this is something I fear. I'm glad it's not happened to you again.

I have a couple weird things that I have seen

For 12 or so years now, I have been followed by the ghost of a little girl. Strange thing is, I have never seen her directly. When I do catch glimpses, she ducks behind the nearest object and vanishes. Things will also come up missing for days, then reappear in a place that wouldn't have been overlooked, like on the TV. For some time I honestly thought I was seeing things. I worked in a department store, and would see a little girl looking at me from behind a cloths rack or down at the end of an aisle. When I would follow, by the time I got there, nothing. I used to think, "Damn, that kid was fast." It wasn't till I saw her after we had closed, and the loss prevention officer advised me that no one was left in the store, that I started to suspect things. I would see her in Grocery stores, in parks, while I was driving, but always out of the corner of my eye.

The other thing is described in this thread starting on page 5 or so. It's too long to re-type, but is something else I have aexperienced: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179902&st=150

So yes, most of us have seen things for which we want an explanation. And dogmatic answers will not suffice. They're too empty for the experiences themselves.

Creepy little girl ghosts freak my out the most. Maybe I don't to hang out with you after all Paul. I don't want to see that. ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arenee

• booNyzarC

• Sakari

• mattryan209

@Arenee

It's not scary, I promise.

@Arenee

It's not scary, I promise.

Okay then, but I'll know when she comes at me with a knife that you're a liar and that may ruin our friendship!

Okay then, but I'll know when she comes at me with a knife that you're a liar and that may ruin our friendship!

Lol. So far, she's never attacked anyone. But your stuff may come up missing, then return exactly where you left it.

Could be the same thing with your bottle?

That was the first thing I checked.....Dry as a bone....I moved the bottle to make the noise , and it did take a bit of down force to make the farting sound......Just one I will never be able to explain....

I got a few. But not in the mood to type a bunch tonight. I'm not a skeptic in paranormal or UFO/Aliens

just those who post these things. Too much fakery, so I can't help but being skeptical.

O.K, I am in the mood.

One night my wife fell asleep on the couch while watching TV. It was a Friday night and I didn't have to wake to

an alarm clock so I decided to sleep on the love seat. No sooner than I layed down, the doorknob to the basement rattled

violently for about 5 seconds. Knowing no one could have gotten into the house from the outside, I simply said "Whatever."

About two minutes later something tapped me on my shoulder. I'm thinking "I know if I turn over, nothing is going to be there."

So I waited a few seconds and am like to hell with it, and turn over. And not suprisingly, nothing was there.

The doorknob is an old white porcelain kind found in really old houses. (like mine early 1860's) The door that rattled was inside

the house.

There is a door in the basement that leads to the outside, but it is always kept chained and locked.

The basement windows haven't been used my guess in decades, entry would have been impossible without breaking the glass.

My guess that night was a ghost was just having a little fun.

O.K, I am in the mood.

One night my wife fell asleep on the couch while watching TV. It was a Friday night and I didn't have to wake to

an alarm clock so I decided to sleep on the love seat. No sooner than I layed down, the doorknob to the basement rattled

violently for about 5 seconds. Knowing no one could have gotten into the house from the outside, I simply said "Whatever."

About two minutes later something tapped me on my shoulder. I'm thinking "I know if I turn over, nothing is going to be there."

So I waited a few seconds and am like to hell with it, and turn over. And not suprisingly, nothing was there.

The doorknob is an old white porcelain kind found in really old houses. (like mine early 1860's) The door that rattled was inside

the house.

There is a door in the basement that leads to the outside, but it is always kept chained and locked.

The basement windows haven't been used my guess in decades, entry would have been impossible without breaking the glass.

My guess that night was a ghost was just having a little fun.

Thanks for sharing, you have the most relaxed approach to paranormal encounters I have saw on this forum. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I am asking the skeptics here to share anything they may have experienced, and not asking for a debate on what they could have seen, nor a debate on skeptics vs believers.Maybe a way to show we also experience things, but we look at them in a different way, and find explanations.( not all of the time )

This is all I got, but it's a long read: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79958&hl=westwoods&st=0

• 2 weeks later...

I think i would class myself as a rare kind of skeptic. I really would love it if some of the things we talk about on these forums exist like biff,mothman etc but i just can't bring my self to believe that its possible.

My experience wasn't mine to start with but i was asked to help with someone else's experience and it went from fantastical to mundane very quickly indeed lol. I posted a thread about it and with the help of the forum and my trusty home made trail cam (currently plying its trade as a dog collar cam) i got an answer pretty quickly. I will try and find the link and edit it in shortly...

Edit...>linky >>> http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=179335&st=0 it was nice to be able to help and also get a definitive answer.

Edited by fatbadger2

O.k. my little story, followed by my most reasonable guess.

Four or five ago, summertime. I was taking a moonlit stroll through some woods, as I love to do. I remember looking up as a large cloud covered the moon. I decided to head home, as it seemed rain was headed my way and I did not have a flashlight or anything (Thought the moon would help but no help from the lazy moon, all hiding in clouds and stuff). I start to hear what seems to be a large creature stalking me. Living in the Foothills of ElDorado county, I figure it's a dog or wildcat (Then I panic a bit, bears had been seen around there recently). I move a bit slower, but louder, picking up a stick to "defend" myself (In reality, I am a sissy, I'd rather not fight anything) in case of wildcat, bear or human. Just then, the smell of urine (not mine mind you) filled the air, and I froze. In my head I am screaming "Oh God, I am going to die" thinking it to be a cougar. I turn and in the darkness, I see two glowing orbs, a little larger than a silver dollar. There was enough light to see a triangular head, two thin legs, no mouth and no arms. That was all I needed to 100% lose my cool. I screamed like a 6 year old girl in a themepark haunted house and ran faster than an Ethiopian Olympian. I got home safe and took many hours to relax.

From the way that I describe it now, I am 98% convinced it was a deer. Triangular head, refracting light from the eyes, no arms (Head on, cannot see the hind legs) and no mouth (head lowered). Not to say that a little part of me still fears my little "moonlit walks".

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe i have seen more than usual, back in about 60-61 i had a niece come from Miami to visit. She had another different car. A55 mg and i borrowed it. It was fun to drive, so i cruzed around Orlando all night. I hated to go home, but i was about two blocks behind my house at 4:00 am. when all of a sudden a pale green light shined on the hood, and on the road, houses, grass, everywhere. I looked up, it was round, pale green about the size of a basketball. It was dropping down, then it moved over about half its width, then went back up getting smaller very quick, at about dime size in a few seconds, then i couldnt see any more. I told all my friends a bout it, one of them seen the same thing, at the same time, he was ridding around like me. That is about one of 4-5 things i have seen concerning U.F.O. S

I'm a skeptic to pretty much all paranormal and I've I don't think I've ever seen anything I can't think up a logical explanation for

seen some orange lights in the sky before but since they dont change direction and chinese lanterns are pretty popular down my way so they are pretty easy to explain, once saw a bright red light in the sky , next day some1 was done for misuse of a flare gun, a couple of times I've woken up to searing bright white light and nothing else but after a second of closing my eyes it goes away and that has some sciencey name I can't remember and has similar roots to hynopompic hallucinations

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I can call myself a complete skeptic of the paranormal(Ghosts,God,Demons etc) at the moment because of my religious upbringing.At times in my life, I have been a near fanatical Christian ,and others I am a complete agnostic swinging very close to being an atheist. I have a couple of stories that I have tried my best to rationalize away,but I still end up being confused as to what really happened.I'll only tell one here,because its by far the hardest to rationalize away.

Anyways,this happened a couple weeks after Halloween of last year.After Halloween I started watching paranormal shows like Ghost Hunter's,Ghost Adventures etc,partly because I was bored and somewhat curious about the existence of Ghosts or maybe demons pretending to be.Those shows got boring fast,because nothing really very convincing happens,so I started to watch Unsolved Mysteries and some of the shows on there caught my eye.At this time I was seriously questioning my faith in God's existence and felt like believing was a waste of time if I can't have proof he exists.The shows that really caught my eye were about the Enfield Poltergeist,and Rainman(no,not the Tom Cruise,Dustin Hoffman one-lol)The Rainman especially,since you have 3 police officers, 2 correctional officers,and a priest witnessing and testifying to something that by all accounts is bizarre and hard to explain. As soon as I finished watching that show,I started getting angry and thinking 'Since God never seems to show himself why at least doesn't he let Satan like in the show I just watched.It would definitely help my weak faith.I mean it just seemed unfair to me why these people get to see these kind of things and I don't.

Right after asking these questions to myself about the paranormal,the front door started to shake violently.Don't ask me why,but I didn't connect it to anything paranormal even after what I had just been thinking.I went to the door to see what was happening,and when I saw it shaking I immediately latched the deadbolt thinking someone was trying to break in.Of course,later realizing, unless the criminal was retarded it wouldn't make any sense to shake the door to try and get in when it was unlocked.This is also a very safe neighborhood with no less than 3 cops living on the street.Its just that was what had immediately came to mind.Since the top of my door is glass I couldn't see anybody through it,and after the door stopped shaking,I figured,must be some kid trying to play a prank. As soon as I go to sit down,the door startles to shake again.This time I get up and look at the door again and its shaking as violently as ever,but I can't see anyone through the glass. After maybe a minute it stops,and I look at the light hanging from the ceiling to see if its an earthquake,but its completely still.Baffled I sit down again and sure enough its rattling again.This time,I go around to the side of the door through the kitchen to look through the window and see who or what is shaking my door.The door stops shaking as soon as I look through the window,and there is no one at the door! Its also impossible for someone to to quickly escape out of view because of the fence to one side,and the house juts out on the other.

Anyways,that incident is what had brought me to this forum trying to look for answers.I don't know what happened,and originally thought maybe someone outside heard the show I was listening to and was trying to scare me.The thing is,I was listening to the show on my laptop,and it was on a pretty low volume.The house is also insulated very well,and even if they had their ears glued to the front door it would still be hard to hear what I was watching.This on top of not seeing anyone on the other side of the door as I peered through kitchen window.I guess I have to face the fact that I will always be completely baffled by this incident-lol

Edited by mattryan209

Darn slow computer-made three posts of the same-sorry Please Delete!

Edited by mattryan209

Sorry triple post-Please Delete

Wow, you remind me of me...I was raised Traditional Catholic and am now in an agnostic way of thinking....I just feel the Church...well this isn't the time or place...

Anyway, our experiences are very similar...maybe God or whatever is punishing us for not believing lol? But seriously...there really can't be an explanation for that one...but I'm glad i'm not the only one!

Thanks guys and gals, I hope more come in.

I still read to this day " Skeptics are just people who have not had anything happen to them "......

I try to point them to this thread..... :tu:

Wow, you remind me of me...I was raised Traditional Catholic and am now in an agnostic way of thinking....I just feel the Church...well this isn't the time or place...

Anyway, our experiences are very similar...maybe God or whatever is punishing us for not believing lol? But seriously...there really can't be an explanation for that one...but I'm glad i'm not the only one!

Yes,there's no way for sure of knowing what happened.I do know for me it wasn't garbage day,and I didn't have the wash on.No earthquake either,unless there's one that's smart enough to just target front doors-lol I won't go into much detail either,but I'll just mention that I've had had my share of problems with religion in the past.If its really God who was a part of that experience, he's going to have to keep proving he doing, or letting strange things happen to strengthen my belief.I'm afraid I've got myself wrapped up too far into the rationalist way of thinking to let one strange experience I don't completely understand turn me into a profound believer that won't ever look back.

I will start , and I have 3 I will share ( I have 5 total, but this is good enough for now )

1. Lake Almanore 2003ish -

Myself, brother in Law, and wife outside on the deck at night.My brother in law a huge plane buff, and pilot.Dude can name every plane that flies by.We both see a very bright white triangular shaped light in the western sky.It was moving pretty fast, took about 45 seconds to make it across the horizon west to east.He said it looked very high in altitude, and we were both saying " WTF ".The only way I can describe it is if you held your thumb up, it was the size of your thumbnail, and seemed the same altitude as satelites that we see all the time.My wife was no help, she had been drinking and just gave us crap about it.

2. Sparks,Nevada 1995 -

My son and daughter ran into the house at around 2 PM, Summer sunny day.They were both freaking out about flying saucers.I went outside and made them go also to show me.They pointed up and said " they are almost gone".I could see 3 silver metalic very,very,small ball shaped objects at a very high altitude.They seemed to move around each other in a very fast pace, and not in a constant motion.I could only see them for about 15 seconds.

3. Port Orford , Oregon - 2009

Out on the dock in the restaurant.Myself, wife, best friend, and his wife.We were the only people in there, it was close to closing.Wooden chairs and tables and floor.This is a dry dock, not a floating dock.A loud sound ( same as farting in a wooden or plastic chair ) came out, and yes, this is normal with my friends.I said " damn Kevin, good one", he said " wasn't me, that bottle on that table just moved".

It happened again, I was not in position to see it, my wife,his wife,and him saw it move both times.

It moved out from in between the salt and pepper shakers.

Me being me went and looked at everything.I slid the bottle also myself, and it did make that sound, had a sort of grooved bottom.

This one to this day I have no answer for.They are convinced it was a "Ghost " , and kept on with Dinner, no biggie to them.

Ok ..they are no longer skeptics

Ok ..they are no longer skeptics

Who are " they " ?

if you seen them, do you still consider yourself a skeptic?

I don't know what " them " are that you are referring to, I call " them " strange experiences is all.

Well, I listed 3 " experiences", and I have no answer to them.Does this make me not a " skeptic"?

I would say if any of those sightings made me come to a conclusion that they were Alien craft, and Ghosts, I guess I would not be anymore.

I did not come to that conclusion, I just witnessed a few things I have no solid answer for, so yes, I am still a Skeptic.

Edited by Sakari

Who are " they " ?

Shot in the dark - Believers in what they experience and see??

Okay I'm a skeptical believer, and yes, there is too much fakery in this world.

I have had a couple of UFO sightings that I believe are real. ( I cannot explain them by conventional means.) This said I'd like to share another 'UFO' experience I had.

I was living in Medford, Oregon at the time. I was at work, outside having a smoke, alone. The place where I was working was off of a very busy highway in the area, but it being Oregon, there was whole lot of nothing around. Looking to the east I noticed an oddly shaped white, flying object, moving erratically. It would go up, come down, move sideways--all in a jerky motion, then it seemed to soar upwards slowly. I hurried inside to my desk to retrieve my glasses, then hurried back outside to see if I could see it more clearly.

Needless to say, I'm glad I did not alert anyone else to my 'UFO' sighting. What I had been watching, was a white shopping bag soaring on the thermals, and moving with the current of the traffic flow on Crater Lake Highway. LOL