Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Local Pub & Happenings

sarah snow

Long time no post, as really nothing new to report. Been so busy, must get a pubcam sorted- sorry!

There are little sightings, but to be honest, they just become part of life and I don't pay them any mind.

I have gained a new housemate recently. He's a friend of many years, and has lived here before with a previous landlord. We used to have late night chatters and he saw a dog here once. His moving in was a bit unexpected. He needed a place as his rental was suddenly being sold, and I have room here. Simple as that with friends, hey :)

I couldn't help but notice, he does seem to sleep with a light on in his bedroom. I don't like to ask why.

Hope he's not scared of me!! :rofl::rofl:

• 1 month later...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah snow

• schizoidwoman

• CausticGnostic

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Strange.

Chef has given his notice. Long story, but he and my Mum have both shed tears about him leaving as he wants to stay, but ....add a dictatorial girlfriend who refuses to walk more than 50 metres and makes you rent a house 20 miles from your workplace...... :lol:

Bottom line- I'm gonna get a new Chef!! I LOVE new beginnings!!! :clap::clap::clap:

When I was writing the advert, the tap in the kitchen switched itself on :clap::clap:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what's going on, but doorbell keeps dinging.

Went out with torch and nobody there.

Thought it was mates playing tricks, but no dice :no: I've been out 4 times tonight and checked for bell-ringers. Even asked a customer if he'd rung the bell before coming in the bar. Nobody else around.

This has not happened before.

We did have a power surge 2 weeks ago that seems to have completely ballsed up the phone that was on the bracket at the time. Lights off in the pub for about 30 seconds. Everything appeared to return to normal, except the phone.

Could this affect now the doorbell? Any thoughts welcome as if it wakes me or flatmate of pub up again, I'm likely to just stomp on the doorbell :lol::lol:

Edited by sarah snow

Keep us posted and protect urself when you're in there.

Be careful.

Yup, will do- and thanks for that, appreciate it :):)

It's not happened since with the doorbell. Bizarre, and could be a short circuit on the system but was an odd thing :huh:

My torch is a right big heavy metal thing, deliberately chosen so if I do get a pub intruder I can donk them on the head and it's not classed a 'weapon' :lol::P

I'm alright, just very confused as it was a bit strange and most things I can explain , but hopefully this was a one-off that night ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

It's a funny week when we've got big change coming and a new Chef arrives this weekend to take the reins, and the guy leaving has been bemused by things being moved about when he KNEW he left them in a certain place, which we've had a larf about :)

I've not had any 'animal' activity for ages, but this morning I heard a dog barking clear as day in the guest bedroom (right next to my room). Of course, nothing there. Long time since we've had any animal things like that.

I had a right 'jump our of my skin' moment earlier tonight when I hoofed through the flat and saw a 'human dark shadow' (I don't usually bother to switch lights on as I know the place like the back of my hand) and it gave me a HUGE sharp intake of breath.

My Mother, bless her, had hung one of my long dresses in the Office. PHEW!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by sarah snow

• 1 month later...

I can't explain what just happened.

I know all the usual pub noises.

But I heard the fridge door slam. It's a very distinct sound. Massive big walk-in thingy.

But 10 mins ago, it slammed, very distinctly! I was doing other stuff on the 'Puter, with no sound (as flatmate is asleep) so no other noise about. I KNOW what I heard, and was worried it was burglars.

For the first time I knocked on my flatmate's door. I never disturb his sleep, as he's up early to do delivery driving. Told him what I heard, and I've got the BIG hammer!

I've not found anything, anyone, been all round the pub, car park, pub, beer garden.........nothing :huh:

Bless my flatmate, love him to bits, but he's such a wimp! I woke him and said "I think we may have burglars. I've got the cellar hammer.BUT, if I'm not back in 15 mins, it's gone bad, and call the Police".

I came back from the 'sweep' of checking round car park, beer garden etc etc , and he's not even put his trousers on!! :lol: I'm not sure if that is faith in my kick-ass abilities, or indifference as he has to be up and can't be arsed :lol:

I was worried about thieves. But I will be sleeping with me cellar hammer tonight, just in case! Also got soggy feet, from walking round in the rain in slippers :wacko:

Can't explain it! That walk-in fridge door makes a VERY distinct sound. I've got the hammer to hand, just in case!

Gotta see the funny side though! I was trawling round the outside of the pub and would have given a thieving scrote a big time knock on the head, if it had been burglar/s. I love my flatmate to bits, but when the chips are down, he's rubbish at home security :rolleyes:

Edited by sarah snow

:hmm: My third eye is wanting to do overtime right now! Big noise next to me. Only me here.

I want to speak out and ask "Who's here?"

But this is not one of my usual latecomers. My hackles are up. I hope whatever/whoever it is will go away soon.

:hmm: My third eye is wanting to do overtime right now! Big noise next to me. Only me here.

I want to speak out and ask "Who's here?"

But this is not one of my usual latecomers. My hackles are up. I hope whatever/whoever it is will go away soon.

That sounds a bit shiversome; hope you're doing alright and didn't need your hammer!

Do you ever find unexplained water puddles?

That sounds a bit shiversome; hope you're doing alright and didn't need your hammer!

SW, just found out this evening from a local that the guy in the 80s I worked with here in the bar for over a year, passed away recently :(

Locals didn't know, and expressed surprise the news had not filtered back here sooner.

He got sacked here unfairly from here IMHO, but I had gone abroad at the time and didn't know the ins and outs of it. When I got Jam Jar Bar, he started to come back with family, but by then he and his Missus were elderly and relied on rellies driving them down. He celebrated his last birthday here.

I'm not sure if it's connected. I didn't even know he'd died until today :(:(

Suspect it was Dave, paying me a visit. Stupid, really. Just knew there was something there new, and not sure what/who it was. Makes sense after the news tonight :yes:

Edited by sarah snow

• 3 months later...

Do you ever find unexplained water puddles?

:) Nope :)

I've got several bikers from a Wales Harley Biker Club, kipping all over the floor of the Jam Jar Bar floor as I type. My 2 lovely pals have come down for a trip away and brought their mates too.

My Mum is such a silly sweetie. She said to them "The pub is haunted- but they are all good spirits, so don't be scared"

:lol: :lol:

Biker Chap 1: "Well, if they have a problem, I'll buy them a drink and hope it will all be cool"

Biker Chap 2: "And if they do have a problem..........well, actually, why should they?"

• 1 month later...

I've got a new Chef (here for a month now) and I think in a way I've become so used to things, that every bump and thing that happens is so 'every day' I don't notice it any more :) They're just like extra housemates xx

He lives in, and apparently he's heard all sorts of stuff, while I've been in the land of nod ^_^

He says he's not scared, but have noticed, if he's ever downstairs on his own when I've gone up, he never goes up to bed and switched all the lights off behind him. The place is wired up daft, really. You have to cross behind the bar in darkness. Never bothered me, but always a light here and there if he's about after me, bless 'im :lol:

Edited by sarah snow