Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell was Soviet plot to create US panic

There were lots of Tin Foil laying around in Roswell in those days !

I would have to Say that the Alien Craft was about the Size of a Pie Pan at best. Im still Looking for the String and the Cow`s that pulled off this Great Stunt ! :innocent:

fH145_funny-cow-pic.jpg

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• skyeagle409

• lost_shaman

• Space Commander Travis

You wrote the following.

My response was that it was brought up before the 1970s. There have been those who have claimed that nothing came about in regards to the Roswell incident until the late 1970s,. which is incorrect.

Yes, I did write that. I was specifically talking about Marcel not saying anything. I know Roswell was mentioned before and I honestly don't really care who may have claimed otherwise in your distant past. That doesn't concern us involved in this discussion does it?

Now, Marcel was part of the cover-up and he had no choice in the matter, but to go along with th cover-up, so it shouldn't have been strange to understand since Marcel was still in uniform. Two goals were set in regards to the weather balloon cover story.

1. To cover-up the recoveries

2. To get the press off their backs.

My hypothesis says the Goals were to...

1) Lie to the Press about a recovery. (Recovering a 'Disc' was something Ramey and his Intel. Chief Kalberer had talked about in the Press immediately following the Press reports of Kenneth Arnold's sighting.)

2) Shoot the whole thing down at the height of the 'Frenzy' embarrassing the Press so that they didn't want to report on the Phenomena. (After the RAWIN shows put on by Army and Navy starting on July 9th the Press stopped reporting 'Flying Disk' stories, by and large.)

The whole point here is that a High level Top Secret investigation had already been initiated by Lt. Gen. Twining on July 2nd. Also note that Ramey's and Kalberer's discussion of 'Discs' in the Press stopped on July 2nd. Crashed 'Aliens' on a remote Ranch can't explain any of that, but my hypothesis employs these facts.

[/b]The unique mission and position of the 509th Bomber Group made it highly unlikely that they would have concoct your hypothesis,

Yes, that's true. I developed my hypothesis after I found it to be really strange that there were a 'cluster' of RAWIN targets in the local newspapers next 'door' to Wright Field between July 5th - 8th. I postulate that the Idea originated at Wright Field after Twining ordered the investigation (July 2nd) and before the events took place during the "Roswell events" (July 8th). The concerted efforts to Fly RAWIN Targets for the Press began on July 9th.

Note how all these dates flow together. Note how simply my hypothesis ties them altogether.

Edit: To fix quoted tags.

Edited by lost_shaman

Hi Sky!

I found this interesting link today, that I believe to be a important addition to the Roswell Story.

(Depending on your take on the validity of the article?)

Well, it's an addition to me anyway!...Though there's a good chance that it's already known to you!....

http://www.openminds...ilitary-convoy/

The 11th hour testimonies are always a little suspect to me,...but it's just possible?

What do you think? and Do you have any further links to prove/disprove any of this?

Cheers.

Thanks! :tu:

I found it very interesting that an "egg-shaped" object was described because at a time when people were talking "flying saucers," there were reports of 'egg-shaped" obects overflying New mexico. Look what was in the affidavit of Lt. Haut.

Dead Airman's Affidavit: Roswell Aliens Were Real

UFO pieces handed around

Haut's affidavit talks about a high-level meeting he attended with base commander Col. William Blanchard and the Commander of the Eighth Army Air Force, Gen. Roger Ramey. Haut states that at this meeting, pieces of wreckage were handed around for participants to touch, with nobody able to identify the material. He says the press release was issued because locals were already aware of the crash site, but in fact there had been a second crash site, where more debris from the craft had fallen. The plan was that an announcement acknowledging the first site, which had been discovered by a farmer, would divert attention from the second and more important location.

The clean-up operation

Haut also spoke about a clean-up operation, where for months afterward military personnel scoured both crash sites searching for all remaining pieces of debris, removing them and erasing all signs that anything unusual had occurred. This ties in with claims made by locals that debris collected as souvenirs was seized by the military. Haut then tells how Colonel Blanchard took him to "Building 84" — one of the hangars at Roswell — and showed him the craft itself. He describes a metallic egg-shaped object around 12-15 feet in length and around 6 feet wide. He said he saw no windows, wings, tail, landing gear or any other feature.

Haut "saw the alien bodies"

He saw two bodies on the floor, partially covered by a tarpaulin. They are described in his statement as about 4 feet tall, with disproportionately large heads. Towards the end of the affidavit, Haut concludes: "I am convinced that what I personally observed was some kind of craft and its crew from outer space."

UFO pieces handed around

Haut's affidavit talks about a high-level meeting he attended with base commander Col. William Blanchard and the Commander of the Eighth Army Air Force, Gen. Roger Ramey. Haut states that at this meeting, pieces of wreckage were handed around for participants to touch, with nobody able to identify the material. He says the press release was issued because locals were already aware of the crash site, but in fact there had been a second crash site, where more debris from the craft had fallen. The plan was that an announcement acknowledging the first site, which had been discovered by a farmer, would divert attention from the second and more important location.

My link

Where have we heard of egg-shaped objects in New Mexico before? Also, other folks such as General Arthur Exon, former commanding officer of Wright-Patterson AFB, and whom overllew the Roswell crash areas, confirmed that there were two crash sites, not just one.

Here is another description of an egg-shaped object in New Mexico.

Socorro, New Mexico Landing (Lonnie Zamora) 1964

The object was on girder like legs, white . . . and egg shaped or oval

My link

So, we are now talking two crash sites and an egg-shaped object recovered by the military.

I think the search would have been prudent because you would then have seen a historical record that the point has always been that it was rarely mentioned. Not not mentioned at all. Sky saw an opening and ran with it. That is all, and it was an unfounded assumption. My mistake was falling into a tired old argument, and due to the repetitiveness of old arguments, I was caught of guard. I am not sure who he was trying to prove what to.

I still do not see a fictional novel as any sort of proof of being "reported" however each to their own.

Aliens - No.

Marcel - No.

And you can extend that date to 1979.

Hey Psyche, lots of misunderstandings it seems have happened.

I also agree that fictional novels are not proof of being reported, but attacking proof is different to attacking posters intentions. Anyhow, before we get into people posting lets focus on the points/questions.

I see you answered the questions, although my question was more confirming that the two questions are those that needed answering (posed to SKy) as opposed to asking you to answer them. :)

1) Lie to the Press about a recovery. (Recovering a 'Disc' was something Ramey and his Intel. Chief Kalberer had talked about in the Press immediately following the Press reports of Kenneth Arnold's sighting.)

2) Shoot the whole thing down at the height of the 'Frenzy' embarrassing the Press so that they didn't want to report on the Phenomena. (After the RAWIN shows put on by Army and Navy starting on July 9th the Press stopped reporting 'Flying Disk' stories, by and large.)

They certainly fit dont they.

They certainly fit dont they.

They do, and I wouldn't say that they do if they didn't.

The whole point here is that a High level Top Secret investigation had already been initiated by Lt. Gen. Twining on July 2nd. Also note that Ramey's and Kalberer's discussion of 'Discs' in the Press stopped on July 2nd. Crashed 'Aliens' on a remote Ranch can't explain any of that, but my hypothesis employs these facts.

More problems that I see iwth your hypothesis is:

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

1. Cavitt was in a position to reveal what he knew of any CIC operation years after the fact, but he didn't. Instead, he clung onto the weather balloon cover story

2. Marcel, who was involved with intelligence, could have revealed a CIC operation, but instead, he pointed out that the material he handled was so advanced that it couldn't have originated on earth

3. Rickett, a CIC person, could have revealed a CIC operation years after the fact, but instead, he confirmed the strange properties of the material he observed

4. Exon, former commanding general of Wright-Patterson AFB, could have revealed a CIC operation, but instead, he confirmed two crash he overflew long after the fact. He described the crash sites as well. He also noted that the material flown from Roswell, was unknown to the folks at Wright-Patterson AFB.

5. Easley, who was the Provost Marshall, could have revealed a CIC operation, but he too, did not reveal any such operation, even from his death bed.

6. Haut, was also in a position to know of any CIC operation, but, he confirmed alien bodies and the craft he observed, which was revealed in his affidavit after he died.

**************************************************************************************************************************** 

What we have above are, CIC, security, and intelligence personnel, a commanding officer, who could have blown the whistle at any time during the 1980s and beyond, on a CIC operation, but they did not.

We must also understand that the Roswell incident didn't begin with the military, it began with a civilian rancher in July 1947 who had no ties with th CIC.

And importantly, we still have two Roswell cover stories in effect to this very day, which also excludes a CIC operation as responsible for the Roswell incident, especially when he had headlines such as these years after the Roswell incident.

Yes, that's true. I developed my hypothesis after I found it to be really strange that there were a 'cluster' of RAWIN targets in the local newspapers next 'door' to Wright Field between July 5th - 8th. I postulate that the Idea originated at Wright Field after Twining ordered the investigation (July 2nd) and before the events took place during the "Roswell events" (July 8th). The concerted efforts to Fly RAWIN Targets for the Press began on July 9th.

Note how all these dates flow together. Note how simply my hypothesis ties them altogether.

Edit: To fix quoted tags.

Wright Field would have been the perfect place to concoct a CIC operation you've mentioned, but not at Roswell AAF, where the world's only nuclear-capable bomber group was based. The Roswell story is what brought the eyes of the whole world to that location and jammed the phone lines as well. There were recoveries, but those recoveries remain locked up behind two cover stories today.

Edited by skyeagle409

3. Rickett, a CIC person, could have revealed a CIC operation years after the fact, but instead, he confirmed the strange properties of the material he observed

The Famous Time photographer and writer Allen Grant's notes and memory say that His boss called him and told him the he was to cover a major breaking story and to meet up with Rickett who then Flew him out to no-where on July 8th while 'Roswell' broke as a story in the Press and Grant got left out in the cold. There are Photo's that Prove Rickett was flying Grant around during the time frame. Rickett was also positively chasing around Green Fireballs with La Paz as well, even years after 1947.

What we have above are, CIC, security, and intelligence personnel, a commanding officer, who could have blown the whistle at any time during the 1980s and beyond, on a CIC operation, but they did not.

Funny that the Twining investigation was top secret then? Considering people didn't mention it much but we know about it. Can you explain why Marcel didn't mention the Twining investigation?

We must also understand that the Roswell incident didn't begin with the military, it began with a civilian rancher in July 1947 who had no ties with th CIC.

How do you know he had no ties with CIC? Brazel's Wife and Kids lived in the Famous community of Tularosa near Alamogordo. Twining had direct command over the Alamogordo base and in fact was there on July 8th.

And importantly, we still have two Roswell cover stories in effect to this very day, which also excludes a CIC operation as responsible for the Roswell incident, especially when he had headlines such as these years after the Roswell incident.

How is it excluded?

Edited by lost_shaman

Hey guys, do you know much about this memo?

http://vault.fbi.gov/hottel_guy/Guy%20Hottel%20Part%201%20of%201/view

I searched here on UM but to no avail???

I assume SKy or LS have come across it before....or I hope they have

Yeah, I know about this. It also came up recently when the FBI updated it's files and someone saw this for the first time and 'freaked' out over it before they understood it.

See this thread below.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=203814&hl=fbi guy hottel&st=0

This post, below and for example, shows that I've mentioned this memo years ago. Also note that this particular post I mention my Co-Intel hypothesis, and I'm making a case for "rumors" before the 1970's. The latter point seems to be something Sky doesn't think 'we' understand. The link below shows I probably made the case first.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100035&view=findpost&p=1794765

Edited by lost_shaman

Yeah, I know about this. It also came up recently when the FBI updated it's files and someone saw this for the first time and 'freaked' out over it before they understood it.

See this thread below.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=203814&hl=fbi guy hottel&st=0

This post, below and for example, shows that I've mentioned this memo years ago. Also note that this particular post I mention my Co-intel hypothesis, and I'm making a case for "rumors" before the 1970's. The latter point seems to be something Sky doesn't think 'we' undersatand. The link below shows I probably made the case first.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100035&view=findpost&p=1794765

cheers for the info buddy :tu:

cheers for the info buddy :tu:

You are welcome.

Don't you also think it's ridiculous that Sky would act as if psyche or myself wouldn't know about mentions of Roswell before the 1970's when 'we' have discussed it years ago right here on UM?

You are welcome.

Don't you also think it's ridiculous that Sky would act as if psyche or myself wouldn't know about mentions of Roswell before the 1970's when 'we' have discussed it years ago right here on UM?

to be honest I am not clear as to his chain of thought seeing as there seems to be a quite a few misunderstandings along the way in this thread recently.

Probably best to post the question to sky himself, as he may be able to give reasons. My comments would just be opinions, and I prefer to avoid opinions on other posters where I can.

Opinions are all there is in the case of Roswell and UFO`s Until they Roll out bodys and craft for the world to inspect Its all Hollywood !

Funny that the Twining investigation was top secret then? Considering people didn't mention it much but we know about it. Can you explain why Marcel didn't mention the Twining investigation?

Why would Marcel have to mention anything about Twining's investigation when he mentioned recovering material which he indicated could not have come from this earth? His recovery, and the fact that he never mentioned anything about the Roswell incident as a CIC operation, points elsewhere other than your hypothesis.

If the Roswell incident was a CIC operation, there would be no need to add two additional cover-up stories after more than 60 years, but as it was, the Air Force added a Project Mogul balloon train as responsible in its 1994 Roswell Report, but made no mention that the Roswell incident was a CIC operation. The Air Force then added test dummies and accident victims in its 1997 Roswell Report,, but didn't say a thing about the Roswell incident as a CIC operation.

Had the Roswell incident been a CIC operating, the Air Force would have made it known during the 1950s, but instead, it held onto its 47-year weather balloon cover story,, and then, threw that out and added that Project Mogul balloon train in 1994. The questions are:

1. Why didn't the Air Force mention anything at all about the Roswell incident as a CIC operation, but instead, added two additional cover stories after carrying its 47-year weather balloon cover story?

2. Why didn't Sheridan Cavitt mention anything about a CIC operation? If anyone, Cavitt wout have blown the whistle had it been truly a CIC operation, but instead, he clung onto a weather balloon as responsible for the Roswell incident, but that was before the Air Force pulled the weather balloon rug from under him in 1994.

There would have been no need to keep a CIC operation a secret after all of these ears, and yet, those who were involved in recovery efforts have never said anything about the Roswell incident as a CIC operation, but instead, they mentioned the recovery of materials exhibiting strange properties, and they have said so decades later, and in some cases, right on their deathbeds and even afterward, as in the Haut affidavit. Haut could have come clean but instead, he too, have clung to extraterrestrials as responsible for the "Roswell incident.

How do you know he had no ties with CIC? Brazel's Wife and Kids lived in the Famous community of Tularosa near Alamogordo. Twining had direct command over the Alamogordo base and in fact was there on July 8th.

Why would Brazel have ties to the CIC? Other people lived in the area as well, and they too, have confirmed Brazel's account, but nothing there to tie them to the CIC either.

How is it excluded?

Because there would have been no need to continue to hide a CIC operation after several decades, especially after the 1950s, and yet, there was no mention of any CIC operation as responsible for the Roswell incident after all of these years, and instead, two additional Roswell cover stories were added, and still, no mention of a CIC operation as responsible for the Roswell incident.

To further add, Roswell AAF, home of the world's only nuclear bomber group, the 509th, was the last place that you would want to cause a lot of commotion that is going to focus the eyes of the whole world to that little piece of real estate,and yet, that is what happened when it was revealed that the military recovered a flying saucer, which resulted in jammed phone lines and the military scrambling for damage control efforts.

Wright-Patterson AFB would have been the place to conduct such an operation, not Roswell AAF.

Edited by skyeagle409

The Famous Time photographer and writer Allen Grant's notes and memory say that His boss called him and told him the he was to cover a major breaking story and to meet up with Rickett who then Flew him out to no-where on July 8th while 'Roswell' broke as a story in the Press and Grant got left out in the cold. There are Photo's that Prove Rickett was flying Grant around during the time frame. Rickett was also positively chasing around Green Fireballs with La Paz as well, even years after 1947.

Sheridan Cavitt and Lewis Rickett's testimony

.Sheridan Cavitt of the Roswell Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC) was identified by Marcel as assisting him in investigating the crash and recovering debris, likely the "man in plainclothes" mentioned by rancher Brazel in a contemporary article as accompanying Marcel and himself. (CIC agents usually wore civilian clothes.)

He was interviewed in 1994 when the Air Force investigated the allegations of a cover-up. In the interview, he said he had no memory of ever meeting Brazel or going out with Marcel, but said he went to the crash site with his CIC assistant Sgt. Lewis Rickett.

Cavitt said the crash site was tiny, about the size of his living room or "20 feet square." "It was a small amount of, as I recall, bamboo sticks, reflective sort of material that would, at first glance, you would probably think it was aluminum foil, something of that type and we gathered up some of it. I don't know whether we even tried to get all of it. It wasn't scattered; well, what I call, you know, extensively." [9]

Rickett said Cavitt took him to a debris area the following day. He described an extensive cleanup of a large area involving many men, heavily guarded by MPs. He was allowed to handle a remaining piece of debris. "There was a slightly curved piece of metal, real light." "You could bend it but couldn't crease it." "It was about six inches by twelve or fourteen inches. Very light. I crouched down and tried to snap it. My boss [Cavitt] laughs and said, 'Smart guy. He's trying to do what we couldn't do.' I asked, 'what in the hell is this stuff made out of?' It didn't feel like plastic and I never saw a piece of metal this thin that you couldn't break. This was the strangest material we had ever seen ... there was talk about it not being from Earth."

My link

Lewis Rickett never said a thing about a CIC operation after all o fhose years and he was in a position to know one way or another..

Edited by skyeagle409

and I prefer to avoid opinions on other posters where I can.

I'm not asking you to give an opinion of another poster, rather another posters recent position on this thread. There is a big difference between the two.

Lewis Rickett never said a thing about a CIC operation after all o fhose years and he was in a position to know one way or another..

You seem to think you can prove my hypothesis wrong by simply saying that this person or that person didn't mention it. That does not falsify my hypothesis at all.

BTW, why do you keep saying CIC? My hypothesis is not specifically related to the Counterintelligence Corps, it is simply a counter Intel hypothesis that I agrue originated out of Wright Field.

You are welcome. Don't you also think it's ridiculous that Sky would act as if psyche or myself wouldn't know about mentions of Roswell before the 1970's when 'we' have discussed it years ago right here on UM?

I'm not asking you to give an opinion of another poster, rather another posters recent position on this thread. There is a big difference between the two.

The question didnt read like that, you imply he is acting because he should know that both you and Psyche know about the mentions of Roswell, and that this act is ridiculous.

His position is that he thinks Roswell = ET, and I am sure you were not asking him about his position regarding that.

Therefore as I already said I do not know if or why is acting like you say and his reasons for doing so, if you are convinced he is acting then you should address him to find out why.

The question didnt read like that, you imply he is acting because he should know that both you and Psyche know about the mentions of Roswell, and that this act is ridiculous.

His position is that he thinks Roswell = ET, and I am sure you were not asking him about his position regarding that.

Therefore as I already said I do not know if or why is acting like you say and his reasons for doing so, if you are convinced he is acting then you should address him to find out why.

The point was that Sky was asked to provide references indicating that Roswell was mentioned, he did so, he was not being misleading when doing so, at least not misleading with the reference and snipping it to fit, as it doesnt need to fit he just had to show the word roswell.

You seem to be defending Sky's position. That's why the question I asked was directed to you and is relevent to you not to Sky.

And, the significance of Colonel Blanchard's career in regards to those two news headlines in 1947.

[/b]If you served in the U.S. military, Blanchard's flourishing military career after the Roswell incident should have told you that senior military officials didn't see the original Roswell news headline as a mistake on his part. In other words, the original news headline is exactly what was recovered. Had Blanchard truly mistaken balsa wood and tin foil as a flying saucer, he would have been removed from his position as commander, and his career would have suffered, but as it was, his career flourished, which tells the real story of what were recovered,.

The reason why I am handing out these little hints, is my own experience within the Air Force on public relations and its cover-ups, and from my first hand experience as well on an Air Force cover-up, which is why I have stated for the record that the original Roswell news headline was actually the news headline of the century.

Hi Sky,

I have asked you this question before in a number of different threads on Roswell and you have never replied directly ( at least to a point of clarification that I will come to in a moment). You have in the past, (and in the post quoted above) pointed to the promotion of Blanchard as evidence of the legitimacy of the report in the Roswell newspaper. You say that this shows that the senior officials of the air force didn't see this head line as a mistake on his part. Yet these presumably are the same officials who according to you have shortly afterwards been involved in covering up the whole story of an alien crash. If they did not believe it was a mistake to release that information to the press why do you say they then went to these great lengths to cover up this story? If they did see it as a mistake to release the story to the press then why did Blanchard's career not suffer, in fact why did it flourish as you say?

You actually did answer that part of my question before. You stated the reason was that the military had to act quickly to control the situation before someone went public with it.

My question was then ( which I will just repeat verbatim from my earlier post rather than type it out again): "The military had to act quickly to control the spread of the strange material, before someone went public with it. Ok, I get that in theory. So Col Blanchard, with this objective in mind and with all his experience that you highlight, decides the best way to do this is to release to the press that they have captured a flying saucer? Really?

And this made him a hero in the eyes of the top brass? That same brass who presumably spent the next 60 years trying to cover up the alien space craft story which you say they were happy that he released to the press? That's how he gained control of the situation? Not only that but his career went on to flourish, I think you said in an earlier post".

Just wondering if you have any response to this which may clarify firstly if I have understood your point correctly involving Blanchard and secondly how you reconcile this.

You seem to be defending Sky's position. That's why the question I asked was directed to you and is relevent to you not to Sky.

In regards to your CIC hypothesis, I think that you confused the Circleville, Ohio recovery of a weather balloon rawin device, which was posted in the newspaper at Fort Worth about the same time frame you are talking about, but, that recovery had nothing to do with the Roswell incident.

Edited by skyeagle409

Hi Sky,

I have asked you this question before in a number of different threads on Roswell and you have never replied directly ( at least to a point of clarification that I will come to in a moment). You have in the past, (and in the post quoted above) pointed to the promotion of Blanchard as evidence of the legitimacy of the report in the Roswell newspaper.

Sorry for missing your post before, but in regards to what you have just posted, Yes I have.

You say that this shows that the senior officials of the air force didn't see this head line as a mistake on his part. Yet these presumably are the same officials who according to you have shortly afterward been involved in covering up the whole story of an alien crash. If they did not believe it was a mistake to release that information to the press why do you say they then went to these great lengths to cover up this story?

Colonel Blanchard, was overly excited about what he handled in regards to the recovered material from the ranch.. He later admitted that he was responsible for the release of that information, (recovery of a flying saucer, which was accurate. However, a cover story had to be brought in rather quickly because phone lines were being jammed from Washington to Roswell. There was no SOP to provide Blanchard with steps to be taken should he recover a flying saucer. Senior officials realized that, so the next step was to cover up recovery operations and deal with the press and jammed phone lines. Damage control was so effective, that the press took the cover story.

The success of how quickly that cover-up was handled, and the fact that cover story lasted for 47 years before the Air Force threw in the Project Mogul 'monkey wrench' in 1994, probably reflected upon Blanchard in the eyes of senior military officials. It is unconceivable to think that a military officer who is unable to identify ordinary balsa wood and tin foil, and mistaken such mundane material as a flying saucer, would go onto a flourishing career with promotions and high-level positions to boot.

Sometimes, the whole story is not known and that is where we have to look around for clues in order to ascertain the rest of the story.

My question was then ( which I will just repeat verbatim from my earlier post rather than type it out again): "The military had to act quickly to control the spread of the strange material, before someone went public with it. OK, I get that in theory. So Col Blanchard, with this objective in mind and with all his experience that you highlight, decides the best way to do this is to release to the press that they have captured a flying saucer? Really?

Such excitement is what caused Blanchard to reveal what they had recovered, but, there were no regulations governing steps to be taken should a flying saucer be recovered. Since Blanchard broke no regulations, he could not be punished, but I think the senior brass in Washington were just as excited as Blanchard was at the discovery and realize they would probably have done the same if in Blanchard's position, so from his flourishing career after the Roswell incident, Blanchard was the apple in the eyes of senior brass in Washington.

In some cases, not all of what happened, is revealed, and in many cases, they remain locked up behind closed doors.

Edited by skyeagle409

You seem to think you can prove my hypothesis wrong by simply saying that this person or that person didn't mention it. That does not falsify my hypothesis at all.

BTW, why do you keep saying CIC? My hypothesis is not specifically related to the Counterintelligence Corps, it is simply a counter Intel hypothesis that I agrue originated out of Wright Field.

As mentioned earlier, I think that you confused the recovery of a weather balloon rawin device in Circleville about the same time frame of your CIC hypothesis. That recovery story just happened to make its way to a newspaper in Fort Worth in July 1947. As I mentioned before, Wright-Patterson AFB, would have been a better base to concoct your CIC hypothesis, not Roswell AAF, because of Roswell's unique mission and operations.

In regards ot the CIC folks, Caviitt, who was trying to debunk the Roswell incident as a weather balloon, would have been the first to reveal a CIC operaton if true, but he never did. Rickett, was also on the scene as well

M/SGT. LEWIS RICKETT

[Arrived at the debris site on July 8, after much of it had been cleaned up.]

(Pflock) Rickett remembered seeing only the foil-like debris and mentioned its peculiar characteristics of unusual lightness and strength. He also said, "There wasn't very much of it, maybe 40 or 50 small pieces."

(R&S1, Mark Rodeghier interview) "The MP's, four or five in the first group, were close to the gouge. There were 25 or 30 others scattered around the perimeter. The Provost Marshall didn't want anyone just wandering up on it."

My link

In addition, look at the date in regards ot the newspaper covering the story of the Circelville Weather balloon rawin device recovery. Note the storoy below the photo.

fwst7_7s.jpg

My link

And, the list keeps coming on.

AFFIDAVIT OF ROBERT SHIRKEY

(1) My name is Robert Shirkey

(2) My address is: XXXXXXXXXX

(3) I am ( ) retired ( ) employed as: __________________________________

(4) In July 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air field with the rank of 1st Lieutenant. I served as the assistant flight safety officer and was assigned to base operations for the 509th Bomb Group.

(5) During that period, the call a B-29 ready to go as soon as possible. Its destination was to be Fort Worth, on orders from the base commander, Col. Blanchard. I was in the Operations Office when Col. Blanchard arrived. He asked if the aircraft was ready. When he was told it was, Blanchard waved to somebody, and approximately five people came in the front door, down the hallway and on to the ramp to climb into the airplane, carrying parts of what I heard was the crashed flying saucer.

(6) At this time, I asked Col. Blanchard to turn sideways so I could see what was going on. I saw them carrying what appeared to be pieces of metal; there was one piece that was 18 x 24 inches, brushed stainless steel in color. I also saw what was described by another witness as an I-beam and markings.

(7) Several days later, a B-25 was scheduled to take something to Ft. Worth. This was the second flight during this period: the third was a B-29 piloted by Oliver W. "Pappy" Henderson directly to Wright-Patterson.

(8) I learned later that a Sergeant and some airmen went to the crash site and swept up everything, including bodies. The bodies were laid out in Hanger 84. Henderson's flight contained all that material.

(9) All of those involved--the Sergeant of the Guards, all of the crewmen, and myself--were shipped out to different bases within two weeks.

(10) I have not been paid or given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: Robert Shirkey

30 April 1991

Signature witnessed by:

Lupe V. Sandoval

Edited by skyeagle409