Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amy Winehouse found dead

Persia

Also an excellent point.

She didn't just kill herself, everyone pretty much seems to have been waiting for this to happen.

I'm not saying I don't feel bad that she's dead but...

To give you an example, on my facebook profile I got nothing from anyone of the events going on in Norway. Even from the priest I follow.

Ms. Winehouse dies, I get several alerts from various people, including the priest.

It's just sorta odd to me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~TheBigK~

• hetrodoxly

• __Kratos__

• Space Commander Travis

Personally, here in Quebec city, the news talks a lot more about the events in Norway than about the death of Winehouse. Only logical, the events in Norway are far more important than the death of a celebrity. Last night they spent a good 12-14 minutes on the event of Norway, maybe 3 minutes on Winehouse. And it was the same thing on most news channel I watched last night, most time was dedicated to the events in Norway and rightfully so.

I actually got a few things from friends on Facebook about Norway, as well as Winehouse. I would imagine you guys in Canada would have a bit more of the actual news coverage, America generally likes to give celebrities far too much attention though. Especially when they have issues.

I actually got a few things from friends on Facebook about Norway, as well as Winehouse. I would imagine you guys in Canada would have a bit more of the actual news coverage, America generally likes to give celebrities far too much attention though. Especially when they have issues.

No, it's pretty much 24/7 here... I read/watch the major news channels and the lesser ones in the background while I work/kill time and I know more about their lives then I ever wanted to. I think the only good thing I've seen this entire year is the Kid Rock interview last week I think.

Like last week, there was some breaking news about the debt ceiling talks and then it got cut off to say Bieber and Gomez "crashed" a wedding... Bieber is one ugly chick to... Gomez could find a better lesbian lover for sure, she's smokin!

No, it's pretty much 24/7 here... I read/watch the major news channels and the lesser ones in the background while I work/kill time and I know more about their lives then I ever wanted to. I think the only good thing I've seen this entire year is the Kid Rock interview last week I think.

Like last week, there was some breaking news about the debt ceiling talks and then it got cut off to say Bieber and Gomez "crashed" a wedding... Bieber is one ugly chick to... Gomez could find a better lesbian lover for sure, she's smokin!

I agree that the news we have here in Canada are not that different from CNN or other news channels in the U.S., but yesterday I was really happy to see a lot more coverage of what happened in Norway than coverage of the death of Winehouse. It was the same this morning, a lot more coverage of what happened in Norway, a lot of great informations about the suspect etc. ....

I guess Gomez is into butch/Tomboy, not into the "Portia" kind. :P

Seriously, I think I might have heard her Rehab song once on mainstream radio, and another song on XM satellite radio. She's just not getting much airplay over here in the US. Mostly we know her from all the gossip on her life on the internet.

The UK news is still mainly Norway, if it's Amy Winhouse on the other side of the pond that says more about America than it does about Amy and not her fault, those who think they're being forced into mourning her death, your not why are you waisting your time on a thread about a "crack whore"? Billy Holiday was the genuine article but my type of crack whore,at the start of her carer Amy's music wasn't fashionable all female singers mainly coming out of America were Whitney type warblers, Amy's record company liked her voice but wanted her to change her style, she refused and stuck to the music she loved singing to me it was a breath of fresh air, can anyone tell me the type of music they enjoy that's not been affected by drugs,the problem with Amy is the poor girl never had the right people around her.

Seriously, I think I might have heard her Rehab song once on mainstream radio, and another song on XM satellite radio. She's just not getting much airplay over here in the US. Mostly we know her from all the gossip on her life on the internet.

You need to get out more. :P

6 Grammy Award nominations and five wins, tying the then record for the most wins by a female artist in a single night, and made Winehouse the first British female to win five Grammys including three of the "Big Four": Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. On 14 February 2007

Winehouse had garnered numerous accolades and awards. The singer won 2008 Grammy Awards in the categories of Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for the single "Rehab", while her album Back to Black was nominated for Album of the Year and won the Best Pop Vocal Album award.

A clip of Winehouse's music is included in the "Roots and Influences" area that looks at connections between different artists at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex NYC, which opened in December 2008. One thread starts with Billie Holiday continues with Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige and finishes with Winehouse

I'm not saying that we're being forced to do anything.

I'm saying that people seem to be more interested in a singer that was on a crash course than a terrorist attack on another country.

I'm not saying that we're being forced to do anything.

I'm saying that people seem to be more interested in a singer that was on a crash course than a terrorist attack on another country.

Yeah, that's all I was saying as well. Plus, this is a forum for discussion and debate.

To give you an example, on my facebook profile I got nothing from anyone of the events going on in Norway. Even from the priest I follow.

Ms. Winehouse dies, I get several alerts from various people, including the priest.

Not true for me, I don't have the feeling people are more interested in Winehouse than in what happened in Norway, maybe it depends of the channels you are watching or the website you choose to read. Since yesterday I have seen a lot more coverage about what happened in Norway, a lot of details about the suspect ( including what's on his facebook page ) etc.

Maybe you need new Facebook friends. :P

You need to get out more. :P

6 Grammy Award nominations and five wins, tying the then record for the most wins by a female artist in a single night, and made Winehouse the first British female to win five Grammys including three of the "Big Four": Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. On 14 February 2007

I was aware of all of the Grammy awards at the time. Mostly I listen to rock radio, sometimes the top 40, if I listen to the radio at all.

I think she's along the lines of Robbie Williams - stars that are big in the UK but barely known over here, for whatever reason.

She was once/still is awesome. Her music was intertwined with her addictions. Having had an addiction myself I can understand this song. Please have the respect to listen to this song before posting anything:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTPRJqt2z4

~Quote ".. I don't ever wanna drink again, I just, oooo, just need a friend..." (2min30sec through the song)

Edited by bulveye

She was once/still is awesome. Her music was intertwined with her addictions. Having had an addiction myself I can understand this song. Please have the respect to listen to this song before posting anything:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTPRJqt2z4

~Quote ".. I don't ever wanna drink again, I just, oooo, just need a friend..." (2min30sec through the song)

I have to admit I'd never really listened to her music before. I kind of like her videos. Don't know if I would buy the music but.....

So true. Poor girl, let'd hope she can rest in peace.

Hope so too. She was troubled, but always seemed a sweet girl. At least she never lived off anyone else. Wrote her own songs. Tried to get some peace to sort herself out, getting divorced from a bad influence (many of us will associate with that) and taking time to sort yourself out.

But when she had this terrible concert at Belgrade she was obviously not fit to be on stage. She couldn't sing, couldn't function. :no:

SHAME ON HER MANAGEMENT!!

Hope so too. She was troubled, but always seemed a sweet girl. At least she never lived off anyone else. Wrote her own songs. Tried to get some peace to sort herself out, getting divorced from a bad influence (many of us will associate with that) and taking time to sort yourself out.

But when she had this terrible concert at Belgrade she was obviously not fit to be on stage. She couldn't sing, couldn't function. :no:

Too right. Shame on her management. Flogging a dead horse. Literally. I saw the coverage of her in Belgrade and just rolled my eyes. But she was obviously in a very bad way and she died alone. That gets me. All that money - and Kelly Osborne as a friend - what's up with that? Osborne tweets that's she's too upset to talk because Amy has died. :geek: H'm. All that money and security people around her and she dies alone.

• 8 months later...

Oh,no...:(

Sorry, did we wake you up?

s3567.gif

..this seems to be what it's all about (managing reality) ShadowSot's info there about even the priest picking up this trash seems to indicate the 'sensational' nature of showbusiness overshadowing normality and common sense (which the priest was supposed to have, right?)

there is an interesting interview with Ms Winehouse where she makes a comment; "they tried to make me into the shape of a little pyramid, but i said NO!"

People throw around the word 'genius' so easily these days. Basically she was a junky who could sing a bit.

Amy who?