Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Battlefield 3

arglebargle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arglebargle

• __Kratos__

• DigitalDreamer

• WoIverine

OH YEAH! Me too can not wait! My rig (donated to me from my bro!!!) is ready:-

i7 920 @ 3.6 (per core)

HD5870 x2 (crossfire)

6gig corsair RAM

Asus Rampage Extreme II

I was canny good at Bad Company 2 as well.

OH YEAH! Me too can not wait! My rig (donated to me from my bro!!!) is ready:-

i7 920 @ 3.6 (per core)

HD5870 x2 (crossfire)

6gig corsair RAM

Asus Rampage Extreme II

I was canny good at Bad Company 2 as well.

Looking at that i feel pretty humbled. my pc is pretty bad. still, playing it with graphics fairly low and boosting thread priority and it should be at least playable, which is really all i ask for.

I can't wait. I've been playing the Battlefield series since 1942 came out almost 10 years ago. Been playing Bad Company 2 exclusively since last March.

I've read that if your machine can handle BC2, you should be OK with BF3 on lower settings. I'm going to kick up my graphics cards a bit just be to be safe.

I can't wait. I've been playing the Battlefield series since 1942 came out almost 10 years ago. Been playing Bad Company 2 exclusively since last March.

I've read that if your machine can handle BC2, you should be OK with BF3 on lower settings. I'm going to kick up my graphics cards a bit just be to be safe.

Aye I can run BFBC2 without very big problems.

i got a dual core 3.2ghz processor, 4gb ram, nvidia geforce gtx 460 gs-glh (factory overclocked) 2785mb memory.

I should be able to run bf3 with a few tweaks here and there.

Holy crap. It sucks that a FPS looks like it's going to out-aerial combat an aerial combat game in Ace Combat. I love that air play looks to coincide with ground combat. That's what I've wanted in a game forever.

Holy crap. It sucks that a FPS looks like it's going to out-aerial combat an aerial combat game in Ace Combat. I love that air play looks to coincide with ground combat. That's what I've wanted in a game forever.

The battlefield franchise is built around versatile vehicle / vessel / aircraft / helicopter play. Particularly battlefield 1942, battlefield 2 and battlefield 3.

no airplanes in bad company 1 and 2, but there are a few helicopters.

The air combat in bf2 used to be like this: a million people standing next to the planes, killing people to get first, and blowing up the planes if they didnt get them, throughout the entire round.

Which was ... boring. I suspect the same is true for BF3, but it depends on how well moderated the server is - and how old the players are. Sub 18 years old tends to mean a lot of that.

Battlefield 3 is wonderful video game. It is very interesting game. There are war effects which make it fantastic, because it is high violent and with using of weapons which are high powered. It has good functions which make it more attractive.

Can't tell if village idiot or trolling.

Battlefield 3 is a first-person shooter action video game, being developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and to be published by Electronic Arts. The game is set to be released on October 25, 2011 on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and EA mobile confirmed a port for iOS platform. Despite its name, it is the eleventh installment in the Battlefield franchise, and the direct sequel to Battlefield 2, released in 2005.Battlefield 3 will feature the maximalist combined arms battles that made the series popular across single-player, co-operative and multiplayer modes. It will reintroduce several elements absent from the Bad Company games, including fighter jets, the prone position and 64-player battles on PC.To accommodate the lower player count on consoles, the ground area will be limited for Xbox 360 and PS3, though fly space will remain the same.Battlefield 3 features the return of class-based game play, with four classes: Assault, Support, Engineer and Recon. Similar to "Battlefield 2142", the Assault class will be able to equip defibrillators and medkits.

I have been playing Battlefeild since the very first one, Battlefeild 2 for pc is my all time fav, but I like all of them on the x box console aswell, I alredy sold the last two because I know I wont play them ever again when this is in my hands... watching the video makes me to excited I cant watch, its like I get filled with excitment and I start laughing and swearing and jumping up and down, I broke somethi9ng last time so i cant watch trailer anymore.. ahahahahjaha yeaaaaaahhhh BF3 yaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh whoooooooooooo hoooooooo kiiiiiillaaaaaaaa

Yeah I'll definitly be getting it, but might have to wait until I can upgrade my PC.

I have an xbox but after trying to play BC2 on the xbox to compare it to the PC I will never do that ever again with a Battlefield game. The majority of people on the consoles do not know how to play it properly with teamwork etc.

Edited by Coffey

The battlefield franchise is built around versatile vehicle / vessel / aircraft / helicopter play. Particularly battlefield 1942, battlefield 2 and battlefield 3.

no airplanes in bad company 1 and 2, but there are a few helicopters.

The air combat in bf2 used to be like this: a million people standing next to the planes, killing people to get first, and blowing up the planes if they didnt get them, throughout the entire round.

Which was ... boring. I suspect the same is true for BF3, but it depends on how well moderated the server is - and how old the players are. Sub 18 years old tends to mean a lot of that.

You forgot the part about once you're in the air being able to thumb your nose at and then bomb into oblivion the poor guy in the AA rocket launcher who had about ZERO chance of hitting you even with a full lock on.

THAT was my biggest issue with BF2.

You forgot the part about once you're in the air being able to thumb your nose at and then bomb into oblivion the poor guy in the AA rocket launcher who had about ZERO chance of hitting you even with a full lock on.

THAT was my biggest issue with BF2.

Okay, yeah, that's true. Assuming the jets were ever allowed to fly off, and not blown up by whiny little children who wanted the jet for themselves.

I think it should be much easier to down jets, especially from the ground.

Have you ever tried to down a jet from the ground? It's not that easy. ;)

Have you ever tried to down a jet from the ground? It's not that easy. ;)

I wasn't suggesting it was going to be realistic. Realism would be quite unfair wouldn't it? Since it's digital there's no real remorse in using WMD's and you could stay on another continent and turn the entire enemy zone into radioactive ash. So in the interest of fun and game balance you would want to make it somewhat unrealistic.

Okay, yeah, that's true. Assuming the jets were ever allowed to fly off, and not blown up by whiny little children who wanted the jet for themselves.

I agree. I'm all about balance among the various systems, but BF2 was simply silly in how bad the AA missles were.

If I've got full lock and visual line of sight, I should have at least an 80% chance of hitting UNLESS the pilot drops counter measures.

I lost count of how many times I'd have full lock on a slow target moving in a straight line and the missle would fly off in the opposite direction for no reason at all.

Frankly I hope they keep the AAA guns too.

Nobody here is happy about BF3's medic system? You can choose to not be revived!!! :D Suck on that you rambo reviving medics! Now you're actually going to have to help the team if you want your points! ^_^

Nobody here is happy about BF3's medic system? You can choose to not be revived!!! :D Suck on that you rambo reviving medics! Now you're actually going to have to help the team if you want your points! ^_^

awww%20yeah.jpg

Will get it on Xbox, my PC is good but dont know if it will run it smooth or not as it is getting on now, reckon my rig will run it?

Interl® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz (4 Cpu's)

8190 MB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Will get it on Xbox, my PC is good but dont know if it will run it smooth or not as it is getting on now, reckon my rig will run it?

Interl® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz (4 Cpu's)

8190 MB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

If i were in your position i would still get it for xbox,Far more entertaining :geek:

If i were in your position i would still get it for xbox,Far more entertaining :geek:

How is fps entertaining on console? I have never been able to see this point of view. Ever. Aiming on console is horrible. Just like sports games of most descriptions are horrible on pc.

Bad thing about the consoles is that it's still only 24 players, while PC will get full 64. I myself will be getting it for PS3, but it looks like I won't have much luck finding any battlefield buddies here at UM... Mostly PC and Xbox'ers here, oh well.

The reason I'm not getting it for PC is because my computer is still the same one I used to play 1942 on! I would like to upgrade it, but that's unlikely with my money situation currently, but that's going off topic...

Back on topic: I really like the idea for the new suppression system! I hope it works out well, and they've made many new changes that interest me! Though I'd wish they'd change the 'Assault' class name to 'Combat Medic', because I don't want people just playing the medic so they can go 'pew pew, mah rifl skllz pwn! pew!1'... Those guys really annoy me..