Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

NatureBoff

This was a proven hoax.

It was made by some people doing a horror movie. Theres another video of the same creature walking toward the camera out of an ally-way, and its a lot more obvious on that one that its CGI. So yeah, best not to base anything on a proven fake.

He already knows its fake, hes been told that repeatedly.

I honestly believe these reported sightings of 'grey, four legged, skinny dog like things' are down to our old friend the dog/fox/wolf or even bear with mange.

Darkly pigmented animals have grey skin. This is my hairless rat, Tallulah, showing this (she would be black or dark brown if she had hair):

http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/tallulah1.jpg

http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/tallulah2.jpg

And mange often makes animals look skinnier and more 'lanky'. Animals that are unwell are often more likely to be in places they shouldn't, too.

I honestly believe these reported sightings of 'grey, four legged, skinny dog like things' are down to our old friend the dog/fox/wolf or even bear with mange.

Darkly pigmented animals have grey skin. This is my hairless rat, Tallulah, showing this (she would be black or dark brown if she had hair):

http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/tallulah1.jpg

http://www.shadowrat.com/rats/tallulah2.jpg

And mange often makes animals look skinnier and more 'lanky'. Animals that are unwell are often more likely to be in places they shouldn't, too.

Do you have a link to the people saying it was their fake please, as I haven't seen it? Funnily enough The second one is probably a fake, because I remember something similar but it was definitely a large cat which they've swopped with I think. You can't be serious about all the sightings being mistaken, surely! That's so lame..

Do you have a link to the people saying it was their fake please, as I haven't seen it? Funnily enough The second one is probably a fake, because I remember something similar but it was definitely a large cat which they've swopped with I think. You can't be serious about all the sightings being mistaken, surely! That's so lame..

As said above, you've apparently already been shown that it is a fake. I found it was a fake by browsing this forum and seeing a topic on it, do a search and you'll probably find the same thread I found that debunked it. I don't have time to search for you right now.

It is more likely that all the sightings were mistaken than it is that even 10 of them were 'dog-men'. There is existing evidence for hairless and mangey animals. There is none for 'dog-men', no bones, no corpses, none captured etc.

As said above, you've apparently already been shown that it is a fake. I found it was a fake by browsing this forum and seeing a topic on it, do a search and you'll probably find the same thread I found that debunked it. I don't have time to search for you right now.

It is more likely that all the sightings were mistaken than it is that even 10 of them were 'dog-men'. There is existing evidence for hairless and mangey animals. There is none for 'dog-men', no bones, no corpses, none captured etc.

Good point about the lack of remains. I assume that they are very smart and dispose of their dead in a single out-of-the-way place, just like they do with their urine (assuming it's a hyrax species!)

Good point about the lack of remains. I assume that they are very smart and dispose of their dead in a single out-of-the-way place, just like they do with their urine (assuming it's a hyrax species!)

Hyrax are short, squat, rodents with rounded bodies. These supposed dog-men are lean, tall, lanky creatures. I don't see the comparison.

But as for disposing of their dead, I still think something would have been found by now. Humans also bury our dead, and yet we're always digging up human remains.

Hyrax are short, squat, rodents with rounded bodies. These supposed dog-men are lean, tall, lanky creatures. I don't see the comparison.

But as for disposing of their dead, I still think something would have been found by now. Humans also bury our dead, and yet we're always digging up human remains.

(i) Evolution

(ii) Not bury their dead like us, but drop them into hidden deep rocky crevices

(i) Evolution

(ii) Not bury their dead like us, but drop them into hidden deep rocky crevices

Does (ii) realley seem reasonable to you? That they have successfully hidden all their dead from us in convenient hidden deep rocky crevices? Given that you place these creature almost everywhere, some of them would be dragging bodies quite a distance to find such a spot. If they are so perfect at hiding their dead why are the apparently so bad at being spotted while still alive if we are to take your many sighting reports seriously?

Does (ii) realley seem reasonable to you? That they have successfully hidden all their dead from us in convenient hidden deep rocky crevices? Given that you place these creature almost everywhere, some of them would be dragging bodies quite a distance to find such a spot. If they are so perfect at hiding their dead why are the apparently so bad at being spotted while still alive if we are to take your many sighting reports seriously?

Because they go out in the day to fish. They need light to see the fish in the water just like us. They'll use moonlight if they have to, of course, which is why they're seen 5 days after a full moon when the tides are also manageable.

P.S. So don't tell me , you're also having trouble finding a link to 'the guys claiming the road crossing as their fake'?

Edited by tailormaneinafog

(i) Evolution

This is a ridiculous 'explanation' for it being a hyrax. By this reasoning, you can say its any species under the sun, and when someone says 'but they're nothing alike!' you can just say 'evolution!!!!'

By your reasoning, I can argue that dog-man sightings are an evolved form of badger, or lizard, or goose, take your pick of species.

This does not work.

Evolution works in keeping useful features around, not just randomly changing animals at will. Basically, there were a load of blind monkeys......

A hyrax eats mainly grass, hence why it is small and low to the ground, so it can successfully graze, much like rabbits, to whom it is not dissimilar.

I can't think of a structure less suited to grazing than a 6ft tall, long limbed, lanky biped. It would have to lean right down to get at the grass, leaving itself open and vulnerable to attack, much like a giraffe drinking.

But then I suppose you're going to tell me the hyrax has 'evolved' to now eat things other than vegetation?

So let me check I have this right......its a hyrax which has 'evolved' (sic) to the point where it now bears absolutely no resemblance to a hyrax any more.

We evolved from apes, and we still look like apes. You can look at a chimp and then look at us and absolutely see the comparisons between us.

By your logic, I can claim to be an evolved form of rat. People will say 'but you look nothing like a rat, nor act like one!' and I can just say 'evolution!'

How has the hyrax managed to evolve into something that looks nothing like its original form? I mean.....nothing like it.

You expect people to believe that a small, squat, short limbed, furry, rodent-like grazing mammal has somehow 'evolved' into a 6ft tall, grey skinned, hairless, lanky-limbed, omnivorous/carnivorous, super fast, glowy-eyed, human-esque beast?

Why a hyrax, the most random damn animal you could pick? It be more logical, even, to suggest it was an evolved ape or canine since at the very least, reported sightings of 'dog men' match at least some of the characteristics of these species.

I see absolutely zero Hyrax characteristics in these reports, yet you still think it is one?

How? Just answer me that. Im baffled as to how you came to this conclusion. What evidence is there that these creatures are anything to do with an obscure little African grazing mammal?

Edited by Rat Girl
  • Like 1

Here's something which leaves that familiar nasty odour, which fits the hyrax hypothesis btw. This individual is reported white, which might be a genetic variation of a mammal, such as a rare white stag etc. THE MURPHYSBORO MUD MONSTER, The Strange Beast that Prowled a Southern Illinois town

The monster was first seen around midnight on June 25, 1973. A young couple, Randy Needham and Judy Johnson, were parked near a boat ramp into the Big Muddy River near Murphysboro when they heard a strange, roaring cry that shattered the stillness of the night. It came from the nearby woods and both of them looked up to see a huge shape lumbering toward them. Whatever it was, it continue to make the horrible sound and they later described the noise as "something not human".

According to their account, the monster was about seven feet tall and covered with a matted, whitish hair. The "fur" was streaked liberally with mud from the river. By the time the creature approached to within 20 feet of them, they quickly left the scene. They went directly to the Murphysboro police station...

Randy and Cheryl spotted the monster at about 10:30 PM, while sitting on the back porch of the Ray house. They heard the sound of something moving in the woods near the river and then spotted the muddy, white creature staring at them with glowing pink eyes. Cheryl would insist that the eyes were actually glowing and were not reflecting light from some other source. They estimated that it weighed at least 350 pounds, stood seven feet tall, had a roundish head and long, ape-like arms. Cheryl turned on the porch light and Randy went for a closer look. The creature seemed unconcerned and finally ambled off into the woods. Investigators would later find a trail of broken tree branches and crushed undergrowth, along with a number of large footprints. They also noticed a strong odor left in the monster's wake, but it didn't last for very long.

More from Illinois. This account gives the yellow eyes and bad odour Farmer City Monster

When one hears of “Bigfoot”, one of two thoughts immediately come to mind: a large, lumbering four-wheel drive vehicle popular at state fairs or a large, lumbering “ape-man”-like beast that roams the Pacific Northwest. Rarely would one think of running into one on your “trip to town” or driving across the plains of Illinois, but consider the year 1970 in Illinois…

The Farmer City Monster

It was in July of 1970 that four teens parked at a popular “lover’s lane” woods area near Farmer City received the fright of their lives when a huge, hairy humanoid with piercing yellow eyes decided to see what was going on in their car. After the creature was “scared away” by a flashlight, the terrified girls demanded to be taken home immediately. The boys returned to investigate and again encountered the creature; even with windows closed its stench permeated the vehicle. They didn’t stay for long. The boys led local police to the area, but a search turned up only a much flattened area of foliage - hypothesized to be its “nest”.

During the next two weeks, multiple sightings of the creature were made around the area - including one sighting by a Farmer City police officer. A week after this sighting, the creature was spotted 20 miles southwest in Weldon Springs State Park near Clinton IL - it was “bathing” in a lake, but fled to dense woods when it realized it was spotted.

Days later the creature migrated 15 miles north to Heyworth IL where it was spotted late at night crouching by the side of a county back road - it jumped and fled when the car slowed to observe it. The startled observer described it as “ape-like”.

Still seemingly on the move, the beast was, 10 days later witnessed by a team of construction workers outside of Waynesville IL (10 miles west of Heyworth). It sprinted across the road (from woods to woods) in front of their van near dusk. Another Waynesville resident reported seeing it too within days.

But then…no more reports or sightings were made.

Illinois can be a weird place...

There's more. Loren Coleman covered this one. Note the odour and three-toed tracks. The berry-picking fits with non-meat eating hypothesis Cole Hollow Road Monster

Now the media seems to be rediscovering these old reports. Here’s my summary of these cases, followed by the new article.

In May 1972, there were new reports coming in from the Pekin and Peoria, Illinois, areas. In late May, a young man named Randy Emmert, and some friends, reported a large, hairy creature near Cole Hollow Road. This monster was 8-10 feet tall and whitish in color. The witnesses stated that it made a loud, screeching sound and they suspected that it was living in a hole beneath an abandoned house. It also left very unusual tracks, having only three toes on each foot. Soon, others were reporting the same monster and it became known as “Cohomo,” short for the “Cole Hollow Road Monster”.

On May 25, local police logged more than 200 calls about the monster, including one where the creature destroyed a fence. The police departments were naturally skeptical, but the calls kept coming in. By July 1972, there had been so many sightings that 100 volunteers were organized to search for Cohomo. Finally, Tazewell County sheriff’s officers sent the volunteers home after one of them, Carl R. Harris, accidentally shot himself in the leg with a .22 caliber pistol.

The sightings continued and they couldn’t be written off to local “panic” either. One witness, from Eureka, knew nothing about the creature, yet happened to be in Fondulac Park, in East Peoria, for a birthday party. He sighted the creature.

Cohomo was seen again on July 27, 1972, as East Peoria Police reported that he was spotted by “two reliable citizens” swimming in the Illinois River. They got close enough to him to know that he smelled awful and looked like a “cross between an ape and a caveman.”

After that, Cohomo was gone.

Now today’s story….

On July 28, a rural Pekin woman reported that she saw Cohomo while picking berries by an old coal mine. The woman told the Tazewell County Sheriff’s office she was so scared she ran off, leaving her purse behind.

That same night, East Peoria Police said two reliable citizens claimed they saw Cohomo. It was described as 10 feet tall. The creature’s face had long, gray U-shaped ears and a red mouth with sharp teeth. The reliable citizens said the creature possessed thumbs with long second joints and looked like a cross between an ape and a cave man.

Something similar. Note that two back 3 toed feet together would make 6 toed prints The Enfield Horror

The vast reaches of forest and open fields of southern Illinois, combined with the sparse population in some areas, seem to invite weirdness that might not occur in cities and more crowded locales. In the most southern portions of the region, the Shawnee National Forest covers miles and miles of territory. The acres of forest seem almost untouched by man and some believe that strange things occasionally pass through here, unseen by human eyes.

This southern portion of the state is sometimes referred to as the “Devil’s Kitchen”, a designation left behind by the Native Americans and the early settlers to explain strange sights and sounds like unexplained balls of light, apparitions, screams in the night and various other unsettling types of phenomena. The Native Americans often considered such sites as “sacred” but the settlers usually believed them to be “cursed”, or at least well avoided. The idea that such locations were linked to the "Devil" was the first thought that crossed the minds of the bible-reading, god-fearing folks and they promptly set about to do two things. They learned to avoid these strange and haunted places and secondly, they gave names to the spots to alert other visitors and settlers of the dangers of the area. In the case of the Devil’s Kitchen, just about anything is possible, from ghosts reports to mystery animals and weird monster sightings.

Perhaps strangest monster reports to ever take place in Illinois began in April 1973 in the small town of Enfield. This tiny community in southeastern Illinois became the scene of bizarre happenings for a short period of time and while the case has largely been forgotten today, it remains a part of the high strangeness of the region.

Henry McDaniel of Enfield almost became the first man to be arrested because of the Enfield Horror. White County Sheriff Roy Poshard Jr. threatened to lock McDaniel for telling folks about the weird events that took place at his home in April 1973, but McDaniel stuck by his story and his initial report would begin what became a nightmare for the small town. According to McDaniel, he was at home on the evening of April 25 when he heard a scratching on his door. When he opened it, he couldn't believe his eyes! "It had three legs on it," McDaniel swore, " as short body, two little short arms coming out of its breast area and two pink eyes as big as flashlights. It stood four and a half to five feet tall and was grayish-colored. It was trying to get into the house."

Needless to say, McDaniel was not letting it in and he quickly retrieved a pistol. He kicked open the door and opened fire. After his first shot, McDaniel knew that he had hit it. The creature "hissed like a wildcat" and scampered away, covering 75 feet in three jumps. It disappeared into the brush along a railroad embankment near the house.

McDaniel quickly called the police and Illinois state troopers who responded to the call found tracks "like those of a dog, except they had six toe pads." The tracks were measured and two of them were four inches across and the third was slightly smaller.

Investigators soon learned that a young boy, Greg Garrett, who lived just behind McDaniel, had been playing in his yard about a half-hour before. Suddenly, the creature had appeared and attacked him. Apparently though, it just stepped on his feet, but this was enough to tear the boy's tennis shoes to shreds. Greg had run into the house, crying hysterically.

On May 6, Henry McDaniel was awakened in the middle of the night by howling neighborhood dogs. He looked out his front door and saw the monster again. It was standing out near the railroad tracks. "I didn't shoot at it or anything," McDaniel reported. "It started on down the railroad track. It wasn't in a hurry or anything."

McDaniel's reports soon brought publicity to Enfield and prompted the threats from the county sheriff, but it was too late. Soon, hordes of curiosity-seekers, reporters and researchers descended on the town. Among the "monster hunters" were five young men who were arrested by Deputy Sheriff Jim Clark as "threats to public safety" and for hunting violations. This was after they had opened fire on a gray, hairy thing that they had seen in some underbrush on May 8. Two of the men thought they had hit it, but it sped off, moving faster than a man could.

One more credible witness to the monster was Rick Rainbow, who was then the news director of radio station WWKI in Kokomo, Indiana. He and three other persons spotted the monster near an abandoned house, just a short distance from McDaniel's place. They didn't get much of a look at it as it was running away from them, but they later described it as about five feet tall, gray and stooped over. Rainbow did manage to tape record its cry. The wailing was also heard by eminent researcher Loren Coleman, who also came to try and track down the creature. He also heard the sound while searching an area near the McDaniel home.

A short time later, the sightings ended as abruptly as they began. No explanation was ever given as to what this bizarre monster may have been, where it may have come from, or where it disappeared to. Some had surmised that perhaps it was connected to UFO activity that was also reported in the general area at the time - but we will never really know for sure!

Here's something which leaves that familiar nasty odour, which fits the hyrax hypothesis btw.

They also describe it as 7 feet tall, which discounts a hyrax instantly. There is no reason a usually small, vegetarian, grazing mammal would have to become 7ft tall and bipedal. But I honestly don't even know why Im bothering with this....

As for the smell; a bad odour does not a hyrax make. Lots of wild animals smell bad to us. Bears, moose, even some big dogs have an obvious odour (we had an old English sheepdog come into the vet's once, and you could smell it across the room).

Also, do you have any sources that suggest the hyrax has a nasty odour? I've never read anything about that. They do have glands that secrete and odour, as a lot of animals do, but I have never seen it described as anything exceptional or noticeable above and beyond any other species. In fact, given the small size of a hyrax, I doubt you'd even notice it. And since your 'hyrax' has obviously changed to be nothing at all like the hyrax we know, who is to say it would even still have these glands? After all, every other feature about a hyrax seems to be missing in these reports....

Skinwalker ranch photo, famous for two-legged dogman sightings

ats54827_no_wild_dogs_on_skinwalker_ranch.jpg

Compare with the The Yeti Skull of Khumjung Gomba

The Khumjung Gomba possesses a rare yeti skull. Generations ago, before Khumjung Gomba was established, the people of Thame, Namche, Khunde, and Khumjung celebrated the festival of Dumji together at Thame every year. After some time, a dispute arose over management of the festival, and the people of Khunde, Khumjung and Namche left Thame to celebrate at Khumjung. When they left, the people of Khumjung expected a cultural gift of some significance - perhaps prayer flags, Buddhist scriptures, or ritual instruments - from the people of Thame, but were surprised to only receive a Yeti skull. The villager of Khumjung were so offended bu this meager gift they kicked the skull all the way home. Only now, after increased interest from Western scientists, tourists, and mountaineering heroes including Sir Edmund Hillary and local leaders like Konchok Chumbi Sherpa, has the cultural and biological value of the skull been recognized.

The legendary Yeti or so-called "Abominable Snowman" is a well-known feature of Solu Khumbu. These creatures have been searched and hunted for but are rarely sighted. The yeti, according to legend, is a shy humanoid creature that inhabits the high, remote regions of the Himalaya. While traversing the region you may hear Sherpas and other people describe the Yeti's superhuman strength and its ability to carry off yaks and even abduct children.

The Sherpas distinguish three different types of yeti; Drema, or Telma the messenger of calamities; Chuti which preys on goats, sheep and yaks; and Mite or Midre which also attacks animals and sometimes men. Sherpas believe that the findings of mysterous footprints in the snow and several incidents of yaks killings support legend, and Sherpa accounts say the yeti's height is approx. 6-8 feet with conical scalp, pointed ears, hairless chest area and human-like face. The creature is said to have a very bad temperament and will attack anyone who ventures close enough.

Tourists who would like to see the skull are encouraged to submit a small donation for the monastery's maintenance. Tourusts are a major form of support for Khumjung's monastery.

post-94765-0-27755600-1316522280_thumb.j

post-94765-0-68606800-1316522286_thumb.j

post-94765-0-02971300-1316522319_thumb.j

post-94765-0-28999600-1316522325_thumb.j

The sightings are concentrated around the great lakes. Here's a Toronto sighting:

A strange account of a cryptid sighting near the Trailwood Conservation Area located close to area residents in Markham, Ontario about 35 miles east of Hamilton. Cryptids, which include such mystifying creatures as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster, form part of the paranormal because their actual existence is still in question.A witness to this event writes that in December 2001, she and her husband were driving from Markham Road and Main Street south of Highway 7 when they came to a dead end road. “We sat there with our car running and headlights on and saw something stand and move south across our lines of vision, about 20 meters or so ahead of us. The area is wooded and was covered in snow at the time. We were both stricken with absolute fear unlike any either of us had felt before.”The couple was frightened by what they saw. They noted that it was not a bear because it was “MUCH thinner and the proportion of limbs to trunk was more human than bear.” They agreed it could not be an ape either because the body was narrower “across the shoulders and torso.” “It was solid as opposed to an apparition, and walked entirely upright with casual stride. If it was human, it would be unusually large -at least 6.5 feet but probably closer to 7 or even more. It had a distinct neck area and was able to rotate its head toward us clearly.”They also agreed that what they saw was not someone in a costume. As well, they heard “a percussive deep growl. It felt like a sonic boom but didn’t really seem very loud.”Curious as to what they’d really seen, the couple returned to the area several times but did not see the creature again until February 11 2005. This time, they were out driving in the early evening along Stouffville Road and on to Bridgewater Drive. “At the end of the road there was a large snow bank piled up from the plowing of the road - this snow bank completely surrounds the roadway on three sides with only the driveway of the home accessible. Immediately, the same sensation of fear was upon us.”While their young son slept in the back seat, they saw something rise out of the snow bank about five meters in front of their vehicle.”I recall only wide set eyes that sort of glowed (perhaps reflection of our headlights as it was approaching dusk and at least the daytime running lights would have been on). It seemed to have the snow on top of it and around it. It was as if it raised up, peeked at us and went back in. My husband turned to me and said, "it did that on purpose, it knows us and knows we are watching."The woman explained that her husband did not believe in this sort of thing, so his statement was all the more profound. “For him to think this was a cognizant, non-human, evil entity is HUGE. He just isn't that sort of guy. He has no imagination, no paranormal interest -the weirdest he gets is liking old reruns of star trek.”

Another one Daytime sighting behind a cabin near Westport

I had just woken up and it was a lovely sunny August morning - so I pulled up the blind and looked out of window on the 2nd floor at the back of our cabin.I said to my husband "there is a man walking through our woods". He said "Let's go and see who it is".

Then it happened I suddenly felt really fearful and said "No".

After that statement I have been replaying the sight like a full internal video - with plenty of questions in my mind (like there were no clothes) and am now glad to find your site.

As soon as I looked out I saw a large dark figure stride out of the forest and into a small grassed clearing about 40 to 50 metres from the back of our cabin. The figure was over 6 feet and was mostly medium brown - with different coloured brown patches and one patch of hay coloured yellow on its side that stood out in the sun. It walked with a fluid grace and in three long strides crossed the clearing. Then it turned its face towards me for a split second and it had a dark grayish flat face - which to me had no brown patches.

ALSO NOTICED: Later that morning we heard crashes and breaking twigs in the forest behind our cabin and later we had a rail come from the swamp area screaming and petrified in a way I have never heard before.

This one tells of the we dog combined with garbage smell Morning daylight encounter with grouse hunter on Indian Island 45 km east of Fort Francis

What I saw when I was 14 years old is still hard to believe to this very day, it was around the first week of September I headed out to do some bird hunting like I had done years before with my grandfather. On this day he figured that I was old enough and wise enough to do this on my own now. So I went to the same old skidder trails that I have hunted since I can remember. I went out at approx: 7:00am with my 410 shot gun and my little mixed dog which was very aggressive and had run ins with bears, moose deer and everything else that lives through out the bush in northern Ontario {Red Gut Bay, Rainy Lake} since we were both young in the vast forest I had been hunting for about an hour or two with no results {Grouse} very odd for these trails which had always carried a large population of birds. I tried three or four different trails when my dog began to act very nervous and skittish on the fourth and most northerly trail, I knew something was near most likely a bear since I was starting to smell what I can only describe as a wet dog mixed with a garbage smell, it was more intense the farther up I walked the trail. With in seconds my mean little hunting dog which would and had chased or fought off anything we had come across before because she was so protective of me had suddenly took off like a greyhound in a race down back the trail when I had just started to call her name "Tina" when I heard the tall grass about three feet high in those grown over trails begin to shuffle when what I will say was a huge man-like creature which was at least twice as big and tall as any bear I had seen before or seen since. This, what I can now call a "Bigfoot" stood up, glanced at me for a second then calmly crossed into the other side of the trail in what I think was maybe two or three steps. I was 6 feet tall at that time it would have taken me half a dozen or so steps to cover that kind of ground with old logs and rocks hidden under that grass. It made almost no noise as it did so. The most outstanding features on this creature was the size of it's upper body but mostly the dark almost grayish black eyes, large ridges over its eyes were the eye brows would be, big brownish red lips, yes I was this close and scared to death even to scared to think about running or using the shotgun that was in my hands. I think I stood there for a minute or so I think maybe longer frozen with fear, the thing that may have snapped me out of this was where is my dog, my best friend that had took off so quickly. On my very fast way back down the trail I heard large branches being broke as if it was running from me as fast as I was from it. I asked myself a hundred times what the hell that could have been, now I am certain it was a Bigfoot, with it's reddish black hair or fur and walking upright with human features there was no way it could be anything else period! I have kept this secret for a long time not even telling my grandparents when I got back to the cabins. I was so stressed about this that I did not hunt for two years after that, and have never went back to those trails since.

This man-monkey with a wet dog smell is a good account Man describes childhood sighting at a cabin in Ufford County

Since I was a baby my family would spend 2 weeks out of the year in Ufford Ontario. The camp site was forest rock camp, and our cabin was placed about 50 feet in the bush, from other cabins.

One night at about 2am, I was awakened by a sneeze, a very deep sneeze, and a garbage, skunk, rotten meat, wet dog smell.

My bed was about 8 feet from my window, as it was a very hot night mother opened my window.

What I am about to tell you is the truth, I swear on my life. Something walked to my window, almost totally blocking the moonlight, and looked in. It had a head the size of a cow, but looked like a monkey, a man monkey. I remember wimpering, and my mother getting up. It must have heard her for it disappeared.

I told her what I saw, and she laughed, and said it was just a deer, or a cow. I never forgot that night.

Now, years later, when talking to my father, who`s parents owned the camp, told me something I`ll never forget. I asked him what scared him the most in life, you know being in the war on the opp.

What he told me, astonished me. It was about 1936, and him and his brother Roy were picking dew worms on the edge of a thick bush. Dad says he heard a grunt and some rustling, so he shone

his lantern into the bush.....and a giant hairy man walked away. Sorry but that`s all I could get out of him. He was trembling telling the story.

ALSO NOTICED: In the morning, looked like a small car had plowed through bush and trees. Footprints visible!

Southern Georgian Bay area

I was 11 years old, and staying at our old cottage on a Georgian Bay island. It was a hot night and we slept with all the windows open. The smaller children slept in another room and had gone to be earlier. It was about 10:00 PM when I went to bed alone in another room. My door was open, and I lay on one side facing the door. About 2 minutes after my light went off, while I was listening to the adults (6 of them) away down the hallway in the family room talking and telling jokes, I got the worst feeling of being watched, from behind me, where the windows were. I remember my heart began to pound, because I was frightened.

I wanted to run down the hall and get the grownups, so I threw back the covers, and whipped around to look at the windows as I got out of bed. There were three double casements, all standing wide open due to the heat. In the far left window, between the sill and the open window pane, was a large, roundish head. I saw no features, and there were no hands at the sill. However, I frightened it, because it ducked down and banged its head, hard, on the open window--I heard it clearly. I ran out to get the grownups, but they told me I had been dreaming and to go back to bed. I made my dad close and lock all the windows.

As an adult, I stand 5.5 feet tall, and these windows are well above my head when I stand outside the cottage. You would have to be over six feet tall to peek in, and stand on something or pull yourself up to fit your whole head into the open casement.

I still go to this cottage. Sometimes I stay there alone with my kids. I cannot bring myself to sleep with the windows open on even the hottest nights. Even if my husband is there.

[You have no idea how many times I have replayed this incident in my mind--I'm sorry I cannot produce more details about the head I saw; every year when I pack for the cottage I think of it and am made uneasy.]

No problem, it's a regular dog alright. See this Australian sheperd. I still think that this type might look similar and therefore be exploited by the bush-hiding tactitions though

australian_shepherd.jpg

Continent Hampered Native American Love

The Brown and Stanford researchers studied the distribution of genetic variation in 68 indigenous Eurasian and American populations. They looked at 678 genetic markers to find evidence of migration patterns.

They found that when populations in the Americas separated, they tended to stay separate and go their own genetic ways. On the other hand, in Eurasia, they found evidence of people returning to lands they once left, a process known as back migration.

When populations do not share migrants with each other very often their patterns of genetic variation diverge, said co-author Noah Rosenberg.

Our result that genetic differentiation increases more with latitudinal distance between Native American populations than with longitudinal distance between Eurasian populations supports the hypothesis of a primary influence for continental axes of orientation on the diffusion of technology in Eurasia and the Americas, the authors wrote in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology.

If a lack of gene flow between populations is an indication of little cultural interaction then a lower latitudinal rate of gene flow suggested for North American populations may partly explain the relatively slower diffusion of crops and technologies through the Americas when compared with the corresponding diffusion in Eurasia, the authors added.

It fits well with the slight differences reported for cryptids in each U.S. latitude imo. The cold north is more of an 8ft hairy man-bear type, whilst a more wolf-like physique for Michigan and then a smaller build with tiny forearms for the Jersey type. Fits well.