Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists think they have found Atlantis

SunDogDayze

I keep meaning to comment on this but have only recently joined this particular discussion. Its title is "Scientists think they have found Atlantis". Really? Scientists think this? I mean, what scientists are these? Or is someone once again confusing whimsical fringe writers with the legitimate scientific world?

Oh, goodness, I could've gone all day without saying that. How unkind of me. But I couldn't resist. It's been nagging at me.

I feel better now. :devil:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abramelin

• Taita

• questionmark

• cormac mac airt

Its true they name every sunken (antediluvian complex) 'Atlantis'

There are numerous submerged cities around the world. The more they follow Plato's directions, the sooner they may find more and more clues to its ACTUALLY location.

Its true they name every sunken (antediluvian complex) 'Atlantis'

There are numerous submerged cities around the world. The more they follow Plato's directions, the sooner they may find more and more clues to its ACTUALLY location.

If they follow Plato's directions about Atlantis to the letter, they will NEVER find its location.

And we are here not just talking about 'submerged cities', but about an entire continent the size of ancient Libya/Asia.

I keep meaning to comment on this but have only recently joined this particular discussion. Its title is "Scientists think they have found Atlantis". Really? Scientists think this? I mean, what scientists are these? Or is someone once again confusing whimsical fringe writers with the legitimate scientific world?

Oh, goodness, I could've gone all day without saying that. How unkind of me. But I couldn't resist. It's been nagging at me.

I feel better now. :devil:

Nah, your not unkind kmt_sesh... just a stickler for details.. :tu: SunDogDayze' post #1 gives this link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42072469/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/lost-city-atlantis-believed-found-spain/

to an MSNBC article that names the head of the project as Richard Freund "a professor at the University of Hartford who led an international team searching for the true site of Atlantis."

You've probably heard of him .. he's been involved in the Holy Land.

This Hartford University website News article (from 2004) about him might interest you ? ..

http://www.hartford.edu/newsevents/releases/details.asp?id=598

Richard Freund and his startling theory about the nature of his archeological discoveries at the Cave of Letters in Israel will be the focus of “Ancient Refuge in the Holy Land,” a NOVA documentary ............

People read Plato's story about Atlantis.

Many of them love to twist what's known and accepted about ancient history because they are bored with this accepted view.

They need tension, stress, a high blood pressure, something to worry about (aside from what the next episode of their favorite sitcom will bring).

They love to read about truelly amazing ancient civilizations because they once watched a SciFi/fantasy movie about it.

And when they watch that movie, they think, "Hmmm, there must be some truth in it, it can't be all a lie?".......

NO, there isn't anything 'in it', it was just created for your ENTERTAINMENT, you morons.

Same with the books written by Sitchin and Von Däniken, and by rectum talkers like a Jane Roberts, Edgar Cayce, Helena Blavatsky, Churchward....

+++++

People nowadays are afraid we will be killed by some rogue asteroid or some rogue planet ("Nibiru", heh).

Don't you worry about all that, we are perfectly able to kill ourselves, believing in this crap. We do not need help from 'outside'.

Religious institutions were capable of killing, wars were capable, politics were capable of it, virusses were....

A very late reply but anyways. I completely agree, people will read anything and start professing it as something "cool", I have many of these ludicrous people as my friends (unfortunate, sigh!) who think of Daniken as God and his Chariot of the Gods as the Bible.

A very late reply but anyways. I completely agree, people will read anything and start professing it as something "cool", I have many of these ludicrous people as my friends (unfortunate, sigh!) who think of Daniken as God and his Chariot of the Gods as the Bible.

Oh, your poor friends, worshiping a false prophet. Not just a false profit but a particularly dishonest and dim-witted false prophet. :devil:

Oh, your poor friends, worshiping a false prophet. Not just a false profit but a particularly dishonest and dim-witted false prophet. :devil:

The prophet is false, alright, but the profit is real.

Harte

Couldn't agree more :D

• 3 weeks later...

why didnt I find this site sooner..So many things to learn about. Brain overloading with curiousness!