Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amanda Knox is Free

JonathanVonErich

I am surprised they just freed her. Will she have another trial? I don't understand this.

Wow! I can't believe it. ....Well I mean I can with the lack of evidence, but I can't believe it was actually overturned. Wow!

I don't understand the Italian justice system either. Someone on HLN is saying she will walk free now, and will

probably go to US ASAP.

I didn't follow the original trial, so I don't really know the facts. For people who did, what do you think as to her guilt or innocence?

I am surprised they just freed her. Will she have another trial? I don't understand this.

The prosecution can appeal the case to the highest court in Italy, but are they going to do it ?? We don't know.

I didn't follow the original trial, so I don't really know the facts. For people who did, what do you think as to her guilt or innocence?

I believe she is guilty, but I guess we have to respect the jury's decision. :hmm:

I believe she is guilty, but I guess we have to respect the jury's decision. :hmm:

I think the police botched the investigation. Several stories were changed. She may or may not have done it, but either way there wasn't enough evidence to convict IMO. I've always felt she was innocent.

All I know is when she is freed, she better get back to the states quick! lol

I know the victim's family are completely convinced Knox is guilty. They had a press conference today and said they want justice for Meredith. I guess this comes as a terrible blow to them.

I think the police botched the investigation. Several stories were changed. She may or may not have done it, but either way there wasn't enough evidence to convict IMO. I've always felt she was innocent.

I agree about the lack of solid evidences. I just always had a hard time believing her story.

I agree about the lack of solid evidences. I just always had a hard time believing her story.

Which one? tongue.giftongue.gif

Amanda who? Seriously I've never heard, but then again I don't watch the news...ever. Oh well! Not about to start today.

Sorry but who did kill her? Sorry but i think she is guilty, she was smiling a few days ago and that Italian man.

Maybe Rudy Guede.

She just left the the prison. She's free.

Yes, wasn't there something about a homeless man entering the house? I really don't understand the case.

They found a homeless man who said he saw Knox and Sollecito near her flat, where the crime occurred, on the night it happened.

I didn't keep up with it but what I did see they certainly made her look guilty. But you never know. Interesting though. I wonder if it will go any further.

Italian jury overturns murder conviction of U.S. student Amanda Knox in killing of her roommate, and she will be freed.

Amanda Knox to be freed.

Well that's surprising, isn't it ?

The knife didnt fit the wound on the body + Blood evidence was below the legal limit to convict + Several witnesses said she was innocent

Regardless of what we think about her she shouldnt have been convicted. I've seen clips of her at the original trial with dark eyes. Plus when they got her to the Police Station originally she was behaving like a weirdo.

Give her some drugs and I'll bet she'll return to her depraved, murderous, lustfull self.

Edited by Chimpanzee

The knife didnt fit the wound on the body + Blood evidence was below the legal limit to convict + Several witnesses said she was innocent

Regardless of what we think about her she shouldnt have been convicted. I've seen clips of her at the original trial with dark eyes. I think shes guilty.

Dark eyes? Are you serious?

Rudy Guede's blood and fingerprints were found in the room that the murder happened in. He was the only person who pointed the finger at Knox and her bf at the time. He got a 30 year sentence reduced to 16 for pointing that finger. He fled the country and was caught in hiding 3 days later with a knife.

Edited by thatRobGuy

Wow, I feel like I came off rude sounding. That wasn't my intention at all. Thought maybe that was sarcasm and then made a point but eeeek. lol

I live in Seatte where Miss Knox is from. The sentiment here has been much different from other places this story has been reported. The sentiment here has been predominately, since the first trial's end, that she was innocent. She would never have been convicted in a US court. The Italian justice system is seriously screwed up. To read more about seriously flubbed Italian cases where the wrong people have been convicted, read about the Monster of Florence.

One of our local reporters here in Seattle sat through the first trial, her conclusion was that Miss Knox was innocent. Several judges here in Seattle who followed the case closely, actually wrote letters to the judges in Italy to condem them for their poor conduct and even poorer handling of the case.

Miss Knox will get on a plane ASAP and come back to Seattle and she will not stick around. I wouldn't be surprised if she was back here as soon as tomorrow. Her parents are there in Perugia, and they have tickets in hand.

Once back in the US, the Italians won't even think about extriditing her for another trial. It's over.

In Italy, you're not tried by a jury of your peers. Italian jurors are professionals. That is their job, to hear court cases. It's full of corruption, and the juries often side with what law enforcement and the press says. And the Italian press is seriously sensationalized, maybe even worse than it is here in the US. In the end, Miss Knox was tried by the police and the media. It very different here than it is there. I'm glad she was aquitted... EVEN if she was guilty, they still didn't have enough evidence to prove she did it.

I live in Seatte where Miss Knox is from. The sentiment here has been much different from other places this story has been reported. The sentiment here has been predominately, since the first trial's end, that she was innocent. She would never have been convicted in a US court. The Italian justice system is seriously screwed up. To read more about seriously flubbed Italian cases where the wrong people have been convicted, read about the Monster of Florence.

One of our local reporters here in Seattle sat through the first trial, her conclusion was that Miss Knox was innocent. Several judges here in Seattle who followed the case closely, actually wrote letters to the judges in Italy to condem them for their poor conduct and even poorer handling of the case.

Miss Knox will get on a plane ASAP and come back to Seattle and she will not stick around. I wouldn't be surprised if she was back here as soon as tomorrow. Her parents are there in Perugia, and they have tickets in hand.

Once back in the US, the Italians won't even think about extriditing her for another trial. It's over.

In Italy, you're not tried by a jury of your peers. Italian jurors are professionals. That is their job, to hear court cases. It's full of corruption, and the juries often side with what law enforcement and the press says. And the Italian press is seriously sensationalized, maybe even worse than it is here in the US. In the end, Miss Knox was tried by the police and the media. It very different here than it is there. I'm glad she was aquitted... EVEN if she was guilty, they still didn't have enough evidence to prove she did it.

Agreed, it's over.

Let us not forget that the judge is basically another prosecutor as well...

Agreed, it's over.

Let us not forget that the judge is basically another prosecutor as well...

For all that we like to rail against the US court systems.... they ARE the finest and fairest in the world when you compare them to other systems, like Italy.

I don't know if the article mentions is.. but they also released her boyfriend Sollecito who was sentenced to 26 years today as well. Basically, the jury could uphold her conviction or they could have chosen to aquit her in two different ways. They could aquit her on the ground that there was not enough evidence, OR they could aquit her of being entirely innocent of any crime at all. They aquitted her of hte latter, stating she nor her boyfriend did it. This trial is DONE. There's nothing to prevent her from coming back to Seattle, which she is doing here in a few hours. Once back in Seattle, Italy would have to extridite her back to Italy, and the US government won't send her back or agree to any such extradition.

For all that we like to rail against the US court systems.... they ARE the finest and fairest in the world when you compare them to other systems, like Italy.

I don't know if the article mentions is.. but they also released her boyfriend Sollecito who was sentenced to 26 years today as well. Basically, the jury could uphold her conviction or they could have chosen to aquit her in two different ways. They could aquit her on the ground that there was not enough evidence, OR they could aquit her of being entirely innocent of any crime at all. They aquitted her of hte latter, stating she nor her boyfriend did it. This trial is DONE. There's nothing to prevent her from coming back to Seattle, which she is doing here in a few hours. Once back in Seattle, Italy would have to extridite her back to Italy, and the US government won't send her back or agree to any such extradition.

That is a fact.

fairest in the world?

tell that to troy davis.

far more evidence that knox was guilty than davis.

but i try not to, as a matter of principle, criticise the US.....which i believe to be the most free nation on earth.

this case does trouble me though...the fact her very flimsy alibi and the way her story changed and changed again and then changed again indicates guilt in my opinion.

and the DNA evidence WAS / IS valid...knox's family just paid for the best lawyers who managed to fudge the issue and cast doubt into the minds of the jury.

complete miscarriage of justice imo...and i foresee her doin this again at some point.

the way i feel about this is very similar to how i felt about the louise woodward case a few years ago.

If the US courts are the fairest in the world that is pretty scarey. I think people hear these things over and over and just believe them without really knowing anything about our judicial system but what they hear on TV. It seems to me the courts are equally as corrupt all over the world. The US is just better at covering it up and making it look as if it's better and as usual our society just believes because it's more convenient for them and they think it works to their advantage. You think it's about crime and punishment and the law and all that other crap they keep telling you when it's just about money and numbers like everything else.