Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio

Pestarzt

Without tangible evidence, all we have is a great man expressing his personal beliefs and opinions about a subject which holds his interest.

Thankyou for your opinion.

You are of course side stepping all the things he says that indicate that he has inside knowledge.

Basically it looks like neither you or Lilly have any real interest in what EM has to say.

Because he has nothing to send to the Science Lab.

:innocent:

ps....you do believe that there is such a thing as 'classified information' don't you?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• quillius

• booNyzarC

• skyeagle409

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Add to this that Edgar Mitchell has expressed his opinion that governments have been "hiding" information from the general public, that he wants the "secrecy" to come to an end, and that he is "not hesitant to talk about it"... and your invented "legally binding oaths of secrecy" become quite difficult to swallow as plausible.

The devil is in the detail. That much is clear. Whistleblowers take risks but they are calculated

risks about what and how much to say. That's how I see it.

I don't think anyone of EM's background or stature would say this...bolded

Mitchell: There’s more nonsense out there about this than there is real knowledge,

but it is a real phenomenon and there are a few of us (who know). It’s been

covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so. But slowly it’s

leaked out and some of us are privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

without good reaason and unless he was sure....

and he's not a lone voice in the wilderness

Thankyou for your opinion.

Any time bee. I'm always happy to share my opinion. :tu:

You are of course side stepping all the things he says that indicate that he has inside knowledge.

I don't see it that way at all. I'm acknowledging that he has made the statements that he has made. I've acknowledged that he fully believes what he is saying.

I just think that many people over inflate his statements in an effort to make them appear to be more than they are. In essence, people are attributing meaning to what he has said by interpreting his statements in such a way to support what they themselves believe.

I'm doing my best to just take him at his word without adding to or detracting from his actual statements.

Basically it looks like neither you or Lilly have any real interest in what EM has to say.

Because he has nothing to send to the Science Lab.

:innocent:

On the contrary, I have a lot of interest in what he has to say. In fact, I wish that he would say more. I wish that he would give us more details about who exactly he is getting his information from, what research groups he's been a part of, the full context of his "briefings," etc...

ps....you do believe that there is such a thing as 'classified information' don't you?

What is this 'classified information' thing you speak of? I've never heard of such a thing. :P

Come on bee, of course there is classified information. This isn't a matter of belief, it is a well documented fact. I'm not sure why you would pose such a question.

Any time bee. I'm always happy to share my opinion. :tu:

:lol:

I don't see it that way at all. I'm acknowledging that he has made the statements that he has made. I've acknowledged that he fully believes what he is saying.

I just think that many people over inflate his statements in an effort to make them appear to be more than they are. In essence, people are attributing meaning to what he has said by interpreting his statements in such a way to support what they themselves believe.

you mean we are interpreting...there's been a government cover-up, Roswell was real and we are being visited...

to foolishly and inflatedly mean....errrmmmm...that there's been a government cover-up, Roswell was real and we are being visited :rofl:

I'm doing my best to just take him at his word without adding to or detracting from his actual statements.

so YOU ARE ok with.....there's been a government cover up etc etc see above?

On the contrary, I have a lot of interest in what he has to say. In fact, I wish that he would say more. I wish that he would give us more details about who exactly he is getting his information from, what research groups he's been a part of, the full context of his "briefings," etc...

sadly....those kind of details are classified... :hmm:

What is this 'classified information' thing you speak of? I've never heard of such a thing. :P

Come on bee, of course there is classified information. This isn't a matter of belief, it is a well documented fact. I'm not sure why you would pose such a question.

then you understand the dilema facing whistleblowers

:P

you mean we are interpreting...there's been a government cover-up, Roswell was real and we are being visited...

to foolishly and inflatedly mean....errrmmmm...that there's been a government cover-up, Roswell was real and we are being visited :rofl:

No. What I mean, and perhaps I wasn't clear enough before, is that Ed Mitchell believes that there has been a government cover-up, Roswell was real, and we are being visited. The over-inflation of this is that people have taken his statements of belief and touted them as fact.

Even if what he is saying is actually an accurate representation of the facts, until tangible evidence is delivered which supports his statements, they cannot be regarded as anything other than his personal expression of belief. That isn't to say that you can't use his stated beliefs to personally validate your own beliefs. You certainly can do that and it would be completely natural to do that. But it still doesn't change the reality of the situation; either in support of or against those beliefs.

Do you see the distinction that I'm trying to clarify?

so YOU ARE ok with.....there's been a government cover up etc etc see above?

I'm perfectly ok with Ed Mitchell's belief in such things, just like I'm perfectly ok with your belief in such things. But I'm clear that they are beliefs which yet remain unsubstantiated with any kind of tangible evidence.

No. What I mean, and perhaps I wasn't clear enough before, is that Ed Mitchell believes that there has been a government cover-up, Roswell was real, and we are being visited. The over-inflation of this is that people have taken his statements of belief and touted them as fact.

but EM is telling us that it is a FACT.....no-one is 'touting' anything.

we are just giving him respect and taking him at his word

http://mpfiles.com.ar/ovni/declaraciones-emitchell.pdf

I happen to be privileged enough to be in on the fact that we have been visited on

this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real, although it has been covered up by our

governments for quite a long time.

But the fact that we have been visited, that the (July 1947) Roswell crash is real

and a number of other contacts have been real and ongoing is pretty well known to

those of us who have been briefed and been close to the subject matter.

booN

Even if what he is saying is actually an accurate representation of the facts, until tangible evidence is delivered which supports his statements, they cannot be regarded as anything other than his personal expression of belief. That isn't to say that you can't use his stated beliefs to personally validate your own beliefs. You certainly can do that and it would be completely natural to do that. But it still doesn't change the reality of the situation; either in support of or against those beliefs.

Do you see the distinction that I'm trying to clarify?

I understand the arguement you are trying to make....but....you are putting 'spin' on the FACTS of what he said

and you are overdoing the repetition of the word 'belief'.........this is, of course a classic spin.

Ever done a course on linguistic programming???...... :geek:

booN

I'm perfectly ok with Ed Mitchell's belief in such things, just like I'm perfectly ok with your belief in such things. But I'm clear that they are beliefs which yet remain unsubstantiated with any kind of tangible evidence.

because the tangible evidence is c l a s s i f i e d and hidden away from the public.

God....how we would love to get to see it all...that would be the greatest day in history.

It is sooooooooooooo mean to keep it from us.

Tantamount to a crime against humanity.... <_<

IMO

Edited by bee

"Life is like a box of Chocolates " Ive yet to actually meet an Alien ,But Ive Seen a craft that was not one of ours. So inside of every box of Chocolates there always one thats left behind for some reason or the other.

E.T must be that other Right? :tu::alien:

but EM is telling us that it is a FACT.....no-one is 'touting' anything.

we are just giving him respect and taking him at his word

His usage of the word "fact" is a very common figure of speech. That doesn't necessarily mean that what he is conveying in the statements is representative of factual information.

He appears to believe that it is factual. You appear to believe that it is factual. That is all well and good. You can both believe whatever you wish. But I don't see any way to confirm that it is factual without tangible evidence. Do you?

I understand the arguement you are trying to make....but....you are putting 'spin' on the FACTS of what he said

and you are overdoing the repetition of the word 'belief'.........this is, of course a classic spin.

Ever done a course on linguistic programming???...... :geek:

It is belief. There is no better way to refer to it than that. No matter how many times you try to spin Ed Mitchell's statements as validating a "fact" it still will remain unsubstantiated without tangible evidence.

because the tangible evidence is c l a s s i f i e d and hidden away from the public.

How can you be so sure that it is? This claim just seems like an excuse to keep the fire of belief burning to me.

God....how we would love to get to see it all...that would be the greatest day in history.

It is sooooooooooooo mean to keep it from us.

Tantamount to a crime against humanity.... <_<

IMO

Thank you for your opinion. :P

His usage of the word "fact" is a very common figure of speech. That doesn't necessarily mean that what he is conveying in the statements is representative of factual information.

He is clearly telling us that what he is conveying is fact and uses it in conjunction with the

word real

http://mpfiles.com.ar/ovni/declaraciones-emitchell.pdf

I happen to be privileged enough to be in on the fact that we have been visited on

this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real, although it has been covered up by our

governments for quite a long time.

But the fact that we have been visited, that the (July 1947) Roswell crash is real

and a number of other contacts have been real and ongoing is pretty well known to

those of us who have been briefed and been close to the subject matter.

booN..

He appears to believe that it is factual. You appear to believe that it is factual. That is all well and good. You can both believe whatever you wish. But I don't see any way to confirm that it is factual without tangible evidence. Do you?

that should be...'he appears to know that it's factual'.....he has made it quite clear that he was in a position to know.

Margerrison: YOUVE HAD A LONG TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE

IMPACT WILL BE ON THE WORLD WHEN IT IS FINALLY MAINSTREAM NEWS THAT THERE ARE

ALIEN BEINGS FROM OUTSIDE THIS PLANET?

Mitchell: Well, I think at this point, its probably a whole bunch of Whats

new? I think that certainly in the United States that well over 70% of the people

now accept this as fact. While they do not know all the correct story, they do

know there has been or accept the fact that there has been visitation and see

UFOs in the skies all the time that are very likely alien craft. Now, not all of

them (aerial craft) are. I suspect that some of them are homegrown. I suspect that

in the past sixty years or so that there has been some back-engineering (of E. T.

technologies) and the creation of this type of equipment. But its not nearly as

sophisticated yet as what the visitors have.

I think it would be 'what's new?' as well. Just about everyone knows now. The majority at least.

It's a mystery why the denial, misdirection and disinformation is carrying on...

Perhaps a whole secret infrastructure of employment has built up around it and maybe it's a nice little earner... ^_^

Or old habits die hard?

It all seems a bit dinosaur-ish to carry on with the denial.

Thank you for your opinion. :P

you're welcome.... :geek:

Edited by bee

I'll give this one last shot. Facts can be confirmed/corroborated by anyone. Stating that something is a fact, but that the means for confirmation/corroboration is being hidden simply doesn't cut it. It doesn't matter how many people choose to believe something is a fact, without available irrefutable evidence all one really has is belief/faith, not a fact. It's like, facts are 'public', not 'private'...the evidence has to be there for all to see in order for something to be considered a fact.

My two cents for the Last time too Lilly ! Stating what ones see`s through very educated eyes and mind only is good enough for that person that wittnessed said event ! As for cutting it,I will say WHat I saw that sunny day many years ago,was not of this earth, And From what I saw and got to see come from a great distance fly around me ,leaves the area in less the three seconds was real ,IT was not ours , or a Black opp`s project. IT was Alien,Not of this world! As for Fact It was Factual to me . IT may never be seen again. But I know it was real ! There for Only I need to know that others may see things that are very similar, ANd I will believe in what others say .

Who cares anyway ? People that are skeptics,people that think that only proof of an actual event ,and physicial proof , Bodys ect. They may some day get there proof ! ANd on that day there will still be people that say its fake,ect !

You know the best thing about this entire topic ? ITs the Ones that open there eyes to the possibilities! THey potential`s in our world. the Ones that Say ,"Anything is Possible !"

Remember that a day will come that An Alien Craft will enter into your Life ! I just hope that people around you are understanding !

I just do not see a straight answer as yet.

Hey Psyche, I am having the time problem again so will address these points on monday, although not too sure where we can go from here as I see the majority of comments as plain English stating 'not just locals', if we ignore the within 50 mile radius you have chosen to impose in the definition of 'locals' then I cannot see him meaning anything other other than 'not just locals'.

Would it help if I told you a couple of the poeple he has received the information from? ;)

(oh and by the way all transcripts have been checked as I have either listened to or watched all the interviews from which the transcripts where written. So I am confident I wont be put out to dry, ;) )

The bottom line IMO: Dr. Mitchell is a very honest and sincere man who has chosen to believe what certain people have told him regarding Roswell and ET. He does not personally possess evidence that constitutes 'the smoking gun'. So, what Dr. Mitchell is doing is telling his personal opinion on all this. Telling ones personal opinion is absolutely fine. We just need to keep in mind that this is what is happening...it's not something factual or proven.

Yes he has chosen to believe what people have told him, but he is not chossing to believe peoples opinions or beliefs, he is actually chossing to believe these people who claimed to have 'seen' the evidence, so although he doesnt possess this evidence, or maybe hasnt seen it first hand, if the incident really happened then people would have seen evidence and threfore we are not talking belief/opinion. I am sure with Edgars scientific background he understands what constitutes evdidence and what is opinion, and in addition I have confidence he would not base all of this on peoples opinion.

this is also quite interesting:

Mr. E. MITCHELL: I have no firsthand experience, but I have had the opportunity to meet with people from three countries who in the course of their official duties claim to have had personal firsthand encounter experiences.

MURPHY: Do you think it's more likely than not that extraterrestrials have been to this planet?

Mr. E. MITCHELL: From what I now understand and have experienced and seen the evidence for, I think the evidence is very strong, and large portions of it are classified.

MURPHY: (Voiceover) Mitchell wouldn't name names. but he says some of his information comes from former highly classified US government employees. people who say our government picked up sonic engineering secrets from UFOs. The Department of Defense declined to comment on Mitchell's allegations, but gave us the US Air Forces standard handout on unidentified flying objects, stating: "there has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as 'unidentified' are extraterrestrial." Case closed

--------------

that doesnt sound like a belief based on peoples opinions....IMO

I also wanted to add an analogy as I agree with Bee. I think we need to accept either Mitchell is lying himself or has been lied to or its the truth (fact based).

My analogy is if BOB sees a light in the distance and says its ET....this is opinion (worthless)

If he sees the light land in a field and says ET landed....again opinion (worthless)

If he knows that the field belongs to SAM, so he speaks with SAM, and SAM says there was a craft that landed and an alien popped out and said hello, and here is the picture. Now it moves away from opinion doesnt it?

BOB either is lied to or is being told fact....it is not SAMS opinion or BOBS opinion. Its either a fact or a lie, its not opinion, misidentification etc etc.

I see the same here with Edgar. He has been told that visitation is a fact. He has been told that Roswell is a fact. Not by people who have reached this conclusion but by people who would KNOW if they were there and it happened.

Personally I fully agree with Bee and I cannot put this all down to just Ed's opinion, as I dont think he is stating his opinion. Does this make what he says fact? no but it certainly doesnt make it opinion, its either fact or lies.

I'll give this one last shot. Facts can be confirmed/corroborated by anyone. Stating that something is a fact, but that the means for confirmation/corroboration is being hidden simply doesn't cut it. It doesn't matter how many people choose to believe something is a fact, without available irrefutable evidence all one really has is belief/faith, not a fact. It's like, facts are 'public', not 'private'...the evidence has to be there for all to see in order for something to be considered a fact.

just to pick up on this part Lilly that I have bolded. If the word available is removed does this stop it being fact?

just to pick up on this part Lilly that I have bolded. If the word available is removed does this stop it being fact?

There lies the rub (ie, the problem), if one can't somehow view/check/corroborate the evidence then one simply can't tell if it's a fact or not. Without evidence science will not assume existence for something.

If Dr. Mitchell has directly seen evidence then he has what I call 'personal proof'. This kind of thing must be frustrating as all 'get out' to live with. I'm convinced that if this is the case the alledged cover up will unravel at some point and some type of irrefutable evidence will eventually surface. If the whole sha-bang was simply some kind of CIA 'smoke and mirrors' to lead folks to think ET verse US spy/hi-tech planes then we should find that out at some point as well.

It stinks not to know for sure...but it would stink even more to know for sure and not have any supporting evidence!

I also wanted to add an analogy as I agree with Bee. I think we need to accept either Mitchell is lying himself or has been lied to or its the truth (fact based).

My analogy is if BOB sees a light in the distance and says its ET....this is opinion (worthless)

If he sees the light land in a field and says ET landed....again opinion (worthless)

If he knows that the field belongs to SAM, so he speaks with SAM, and SAM says there was a craft that landed and an alien popped out and said hello, and here is the picture. Now it moves away from opinion doesnt it?

BOB either is lied to or is being told fact....it is not SAMS opinion or BOBS opinion. Its either a fact or a lie, its not opinion, misidentification etc etc.

I see the same here with Edgar. He has been told that visitation is a fact. He has been told that Roswell is a fact. Not by people who have reached this conclusion but by people who would KNOW if they were there and it happened.

Personally I fully agree with Bee and I cannot put this all down to just Ed's opinion, as I dont think he is stating his opinion. Does this make what he says fact? no but it certainly doesnt make it opinion, its either fact or lies.

I wouldn't classify the scenarios you describe as opinion. That is why I used the word belief before. Ed believes what he has been told. It is as simple as that.

I really don't understand why this appears to be so difficult a concept.

Coming from you that's a compliment.... :D

*cough* Phil Klass *cough*

:P

If you want to take that as a compliment, Godspeed to you ;)

Haha, you know what, I am en electrical engineer, know what Klass did? Nice compliment, but I doubt I will accomplish as much in life as Klass did, coining new terms, writing for specialist trades, having an asteroid named after yourself and pioneering the field of Plasma is more than one could hope to accomplish on on life time. And nobody had the guts to take him up on his bet. He died being right on that one. That is quite a life he lived. Gotta admire a man who gets things done.

I honestly do not think this is the case. Boon and Lilly keep trying to tell you what he is saying, you keep trying to tell them what you think the words mean. I think you are interested in what you can drawn from EM's statement, not what he is saying, which is that others told him something that he believes.

Hey Psyche, I am having the time problem again so will address these points on monday, although not too sure where we can go from here as I see the majority of comments as plain English stating 'not just locals', if we ignore the within 50 mile radius you have chosen to impose in the definition of 'locals' then I cannot see him meaning anything other other than 'not just locals'.

I cannot dismiss the "bull traders" comments that suggest to me his information could well be from a surrounding town, which to me would accurately describe someone who is "not necessarily local" and someone who would have a version of the Incident to share.

This is what I mean by a straight answer. Lord knows your efforts are very good, and have combed the interviews well, but still there is no definite proof that says "This information came from outside of Roswell". There are loose descriptions that could be taken two ways, I think on that basis we have to ask ourselves, "If Roswell was so top level, how could others know?" And he does say his information is limited to the Roswell incident.

Would it help if I told you a couple of the poeple he has received the information from? ;)

Why yes indeed! You can identify som Old Timers?

(oh and by the way all transcripts have been checked as I have either listened to or watched all the interviews from which the transcripts where written. So I am confident I wont be put out to dry, ;) )

Haha, you better have!!

I hope you realise that comment was very much TIC for the benefit of others who present dodgy sources :D Not known you to lead me to a bad source to date.

Cheers.

conjecture, perhaps?

I suppose it would depend if the evidence exists or/and has existed....it being available is a different ball game...so not quite conjecture as this would be opinion based would it not?

If Dr. Mitchell has directly seen evidence then he has what I call 'personal proof'. This kind of thing must be frustrating as all 'get out' to live with. I'm convinced that if this is the case the alledged cover up will unravel at some point and some type of irrefutable evidence will eventually surface. If the whole sha-bang was simply some kind of CIA 'smoke and mirrors' to lead folks to think ET verse US spy/hi-tech planes then we should find that out at some point as well.

It stinks not to know for sure...but it would stink even more to know for sure and not have any supporting evidence!

I agree and think that this may well happen.

As for knowing but not having the supporting evidence...yes that must be tough..especially if telling the truth renders you 'crazy' in the eyes of some.

I wouldn't classify the scenarios you describe as opinion. That is why I used the word belief before. Ed believes what he has been told. It is as simple as that.

I really don't understand why this appears to be so difficult a concept.

Hey Boony,

reading my post again it was not even an analogy as originally set out to put forward. All in all a very disjointed post but let me try again.

Anyhow, yes i agree its Ed's belief (if we ignore the 'seen evidence for' comment he made), what I think both Bee and I are trying to convey is that yes its belief on Ed's part but not on the people that have told him. He states clearly many times that these are people that were there and/or in the know. If Roswell did happen then these people would know which means they are either lying to Ed or telling the truth. This as opposed to him believing in their 'opinion' 'belief' 'conjecture' and so forth.