Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emergency BroadCast Tomorrow USA

puridalan

Hello All,

I come to you with concern/inquisition. Tomorrow the US is having a national emergency broadcast (testing NOT real emergency), which will be on for 3 minutes at 11/9/11 at 1 pm. For numerology conspirists one knows that 1, 3, 7, 9, 11...all 'power numbers' to be used. And I find it heavily ironic that there is two 11's, 9, 1, and three...all in one. They will be broadcasting it on every TV channel and every radio station and who knows what else along with sirens. All I know is I am not **** listening to this testing broadcast tomorrow for 3 minutes while they beam you with an annoying as hell frequency.

Besides being annoyed by a telecast for a 3 minutes. A serious question arises, no one implements a national wide emergency test system unless they are expecting a national emergency threat or use of it. One example would be speaker phones in Czech Republic used in the 1950s during dictatorship still up today in some parts. These systems are often not your friend in large cases. NO one just goes yay emergency unified system for fun..it's called an emergency broadcast system for a reason. So what they preparing for WW3, isn't that far fetched, not like we haven't had enough wars in this world since WW2 to make up for a WW3 ha-ha. I am surprised no one has posted about this yet..and it happens tomorrow, remember

here is a video it talks/shows broadcasting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a5kK4le784

Also, at very end it says you need a disaster plan. One hand I agree.. everyone should have one because you never know when you might not have water ect the next day, other hand it screams OMGdahd we are all going to have major disaster tomorrow....-.-

Edited by puridalan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Michelle

• Little Fish

• puridalan

"A serious question arises, no one implements a national wide emergency test system unless they are expecting a national emergency threat or use of it"

Really? Back in the 80s and early 90s, radio stations and tv would conduct a test of the emergency broadcast syatem daily (often more than once a day).

Also, how do you think that they'll know if the syatem is working or not, unless it gets tested? Doing a self test or diagnostic isn't always practical, especially for complex systems (for a computer, sure, but for a broadcast system?).

National emergency broadcasting testing? Uh oh, what will they broadcast next time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8_q06SL98Q

Could be in reaction to recent growing threats of possibility of nuclear capabilities to attack, from certain countries. Alternatively, could be in response to the growing number of major natural disasters that have been hitting over the world recently. Or many other reasons. Any speculation you have done is pure conjecture, though, and is a pretty morbid look at an emergency broadcast test being held.

And in theory, if you are correct in the meaning of the use of those numbers for the test, and its relation to numerology, you have given the nefarious meaning more power by mentioning that here for all to see. That would seem a counter productive thing to imply.

Not WW3, just propaganda, a way for Obama to stick his face on every TV and radio whether you like it or not, just like his heroes Fidel Castro and Cesar Chavez, at least that's what he dreams of in his mind, it will never happen because after 2012 Obama will be in the 99 ... 99 weeks that is hahaha

Thanks guys for all the varying replies all I know is thank gahd I don't watch tv or listen to radio much at all..so that shall be good, and propganda very well could be.

As for the 80s and 90s mention you must understand, that those were not really national broadcasting as closed sects for certain states, not really at this scale. Also the cold war was over then but something to think about, we still had a recession in the 80s.

I will say a random side note past few days I am not sure if it is the energy or what but I have been having major major headaches, pains all over my body..and I know it's from an outside frequency usually those of big natural disasters about to occur. I hope it comes soon because the pain is really ircking me.

I wonder what will happen... You can feel the changes coming up...

I will say a random side note past few days I am not sure if it is the energy or what but I have been having major major headaches, pains all over my body..and I know it's from an outside frequency usually those of big natural disasters about to occur. I hope it comes soon because the pain is really ircking me.

I have been feeling this too.

As for the 80s and 90s mention you must understand, that those were not really national broadcasting as closed sects for certain states, not really at this scale. Also the cold war was over then but something to think about, we still had a recession in the 80s.

But they were still part of the National Emergency Broadcasting SYSTEM. That's why they call them 'tests'. There's no reason to make something more of it than what it is.

cormac

I think there might be another angle to this test. Its really just an expansion of the former system. I don't watch TV any more but I remember the annoying tests of the emergency broadcasting system. I don't think those tests were a red flag of a planned regional disaster any more than I think the propose of this national test is to somehow prep us for a national disaster. Lets face it, the government doesn't care about us.

My angle on this is that its a form of trigger (in the short term). Television is mind control, I know to some that seems extreme... so be it. I suspect its an expanded fear system similar to the color-coded terror-threat level they were using after 911. One you can't miss regardless of what programing you choose.

The worst part is that they admittedly (now) have the system in place to preempt and effectively shut down broadcast media on a national scale. The internet is certainly next...

Its also interesting that they said some people might not get the scrolling text stating that states its just a test. Again, maybe to actually test the response of their system on an unsuspecting segment of the public (faint hues of war of the worlds).

I have no doubts about what awaits us in the Americas. However, I think this system's end game is to solicit a triggered response at whim to government instruction.

Thanks guys for all the varying replies all I know is thank gahd I don't watch tv or listen to radio much at all..so that shall be good, and propganda very well could be.

Just a thought.... maybe it's a cold (maybe the flu?)

Anyways, I work overnights, so at 1pm-ish... I'll be Sleeping, having zombie nightmares... been having them for years, and only once did it freak me out.

Or of course it could just be "we've got to take into account new media, will we be able to pull off an emergency broadcast? Best to try now when we don't need it rather then find out it doesn't work when we do need it".

nice to read that some people do not watch tv anymore. I fall asleep after 20 minutes of watching, in such a daze it should be easy to influence someones thinking like hypnosis. TV is a form of mind control, people connect to it as if TVland is reality. I noticed a change in my perception after throwing away my tv 10 years ago.

will it take over the internet as well as tv and radio?

will FEMA be spamming everyone's email?

america, land of the free, home of the brave.

Edited by Little Fish

After the failures of FEMA during Hurricane Katrina, I'm pretty sure they have stepped up alot of their emergency response programs - just like we have fire drills and tests in our work places they will be expected to test their new systems for robustness. In Aust after the Black Friday fires Victoria implemented an early warning system via all listed cell phones - they tested it too, we all got messages -I feel good to go for the next disaster if time for a warning exists and the people manning the system aren't asleep at the wheel.;)

Hello All,

... Tomorrow the US is having a national emergency broadcast (testing NOT real emergency), which will be on for 3 minutes at 11/9/11 at 1 pm. ...

here is a video it talks/shows broadcasting: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8a5kK4le784

Also, at very end it says you need a disaster plan. One hand I agree.. everyone should have one because you never know when you might not have water ect the next day, other hand it screams OMGdahd we are all going to have major disaster tomorrow....-.-

Below is the official (government) information about this test. BTW, it's a 30 second test, not 3 minutes.

I can see no rational reasoning as to why this test is to cover the whole of the USA continent. Regional test areas -- as they exist now -- are more logical. The government's answer for "Why do we need a nationwide test?" (read below) sounds to me more like bureaucratic double-speak, rather than logical reasoning; but, that's just my personal view.

Emergency Alert System Nationwide Test (EAS)

Background

The first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, or EAS, will take place at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on November 9, 2011. The purpose of the test is to assess the reliability and effectiveness of the system in alerting the public.

What exactly is the EAS?

The Emergency Alert System is a media communications-based alerting system that is designed to transmit emergency alerts and warnings to the American public at the national, Tribal, state and local levels. EAS participants broadcast alerts and warnings regarding weather threats, child abductions and other types of emergencies. EAS alerts are transmitted over television and radio broadcast, satellite television and satellite radio, cable television and wireline video services.

When is the EAS used and when would a national EAS alert be sent?

The EAS is often used by state and local emergency managers to alert the public about emergencies and weather events. The system provides the ability to send messages regionally or nationally, though it has never been tested at these levels. A major disaster such as an earthquake or tsunami could require the use of the system to send life-saving information to the public.

Why do we need a nationwide test?

Although local and state components of the EAS are tested on a weekly and monthly basis, there has never been an end-to-end nationwide test of the system. We need to know that the system will work as intended should public safety officials ever need to send an alert or warning to a large region of the United States. Only a complete, top-down test of the EAS can provide an appropriate diagnosis of the system's performance.

How will the nationwide EAS test be conducted?

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), along with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), will conduct the nationwide test on November 9, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. eastern standard time. The alert will be transmitted throughout the country and will be monitored by the EAS participants. After the test has been completed, the EAS participants will report back to the FCC on the results of the test.

What will people see and hear during the test?

Although the nationwide EAS test may resemble the periodic monthly EAS tests that most consumers are familiar with, there will be some differences in what consumers may see or hear, which is one reason for conducting a nationwide EAS test. During the test, the public will hear a message indicating "this is a test". The audio message will be the same for everyone, however due to limitations of the EAS, the video test message may not be the same and may not indicate "this is a test". This is due to the use of a "live" national code – the same code that would be used in an actual emergency. Also, the background image that appears on video screens may indicate "this is a test" but in some cases there may be no image at all. FEMA and the FCC are working with organizations representing the deaf and hard of hearing, as well as EAS participants , to prepare that community for the nationwide test. In addition, FEMA and the FCC are working with EAS participants to explore whether there are solutions to address this limitation.

How long will the test last?

We anticipate that the test will last approximately 30 seconds.

Why is the nationwide test being conducted at this particular date and time?

In order to minimize disruption and confusion during the EAS test, it is being conducted on November 9 because this date is near the end of hurricane season and before the severe winter weather season begins. The 2 p.m. EST broadcast will minimize disruption during rush hours while ensuring that the test occurs during working hours across the country.

Will the test involve mobile communications devices?

No. The test will involve only those communications service providers – broadcast radio and television, cable television, satellite radio and television and wireline video services – that participate in the EAS.

For More Information

For more information about the Nationwide EAS Test, visit the FCC's Nationwide EAS Test webpage. For more information about AMBER Alerts, see our consumer guide. Finally, for information about other telecommunications issues, visit the FCC's Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau website.

Source

^ This post is to add further confusion to the test information. B)

According to this -- the OP is correct that the test will run for three minutes. That's Government and FEMA co-operation in communication.

Apart from that, chaos is a possible consequence. :hmm: Note the phrase I have bolded.

On November 9, 2011 at 1:00pm Central Time, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Communications Commission will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System, or EAS.

The test will run concurrently on all radio and TV band and the message will run for three minutes. Most messages in the past were anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute.

The test message on TV might not indicate that it is just a test.
Fear is that the lack of an explanation message might create panic.
During the test, listeners will hear a message indicating that "This is a test."

I also heard something about a comet that might hit about the same time. I really dont know much about it though.

Not WW3, just propaganda, a way for Obama to stick his face on every TV and radio whether you like it or not, just like his heroes Fidel Castro and Cesar Chavez, at least that's what he dreams of in his mind, it will never happen because after 2012 Obama will be in the 99 ... 99 weeks that is hahaha

this is what I thought as well. He gets to put his face out there and his campaign doesn't have to pay for it. Free advertising to try to boost his dismal ratings.

This thread is hilarious.

There's no conspiracy. The government doesn't KNOW that a disaster is coming, they're just trying to make sure they're prepared IF it does.

As for Obama getting "his face" on tv. L-O-****ing-L.

Talk about delusional. Obama is not going to be on your tv/radio. His voice won't be heard, they won't be subliminally broadcasting "VOTE FOR OBAMA" into your ears.

If you believe that, *snip*

Your point is perfectly clear without resorting to name calling.

Edited by AnVil
rude comment removed

will it take over the internet as well as tv and radio?

will FEMA be spamming everyone's email?

america, land of the free, home of the brave.

I understand this is the conspiracy section, but your empty conjecture is hard to not interpret as baseless paranoia.

I'm not sure why the big deal on the broadcast test... I catch tests on a fairly regular basis on radio and TV. Tornado sirens get tested fairly regularly too.

I think it's kind of nice if the agency keeps doing this so the test time is consistent across the nation. Right now tests seem to pop up whenever the station feels like it.

And the test isn't just for falling comets or impending war.. It's also used for dangerous weather too. Does not happen often, but I have heard a couple times the EAS come up with a real announcement for taking shelter for possible impending tornado action too.

I'm not sure why the big deal on the broadcast test... I catch tests on a fairly regular basis on radio and TV. Tornado sirens get tested fairly regularly too.

I think it's kind of nice if the agency keeps doing this so the test time is consistent across the nation. Right now tests seem to pop up whenever the station feels like it.

And the test isn't just for falling comets or impending war.. It's also used for dangerous weather too. Does not happen often, but I have heard a couple times the EAS come up with a real announcement for taking shelter for possible impending tornado action too.

Agreed. We have them quite often here in Colorado. Tornado, Amber-Alerts and tests. Heck, had a test this morning.

Nothing to worry about.

Nibs

It's a test...nothing more. When an office building tests its fire alarms it's so they know everything is working as it should be in case of a real emergency. Doesn't mean the fire department is out to get you.

It's a test...nothing more. When an office building tests its fire alarms it's so they know everything is working as it should be in case of a real emergency. Doesn't mean the fire department is out to get you.

I dunno...they always seem to be at the scene of something awful...coincidence???

Nibs

This thread is hilarious.

There's no conspiracy. The government doesn't KNOW that a disaster is coming, they're just trying to make sure they're prepared IF it does.

As for Obama getting "his face" on tv. L-O-****ing-L.

Talk about delusional. Obama is not going to be on your tv/radio. His voice won't be heard, they won't be subliminally broadcasting "VOTE FOR OBAMA" into your ears.

If you believe that, *snip*

Lol, this post made my day, thank you.

Edited by AnVil
quote updated