Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Natalie Wood death

Persia

Natalie Wood Mystery: Witness Says She Heard Woman Scream 'Help Me, I'm Drowning'

Then I heard a man’s voice, slurred, and in aggravated tone, say something to the effect of, “Oh, hold on, we’re coming to get you,” and not long after, the cries for help subsided, but we heard the cries for up to 15 minutes.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/11/21/natalie-wood-mystery-witness-says-heard-woman-scream-help-me-im-drowning/#ixzz1eNiqiyK3

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/11/21/natalie-wood-mystery-witness-says-heard-woman-scream-help-me-im-drowning/#ixzz1eNiH3Ej8

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• glorybebe

• docyabut2

• Lady_Mercury

Given the size of the boat, it would be surprising if no one heard her cry for help. I'm sure she wasn't that drunk that she wouldn't have yelled. Unless there was noise on the boat from a TV or radio, music system or loud talking that no one could hear over. If other people heard her, why didn't they look?

Edited by susieice

Given the size of the boat, it would be surprising if no one heard her cry for help. I'm sure she wasn't that drunk that she wouldn't have yelled. Unless there was noise on the boat from a TV or radio, music system or loud talking that no one could hear over. If other people heard her, why didn't they look?

The Caption Dennis Daven said he was blasting loud music to drown out Natalie and Wagor`s fighting on the deck. So the facts are adding up.

The other whitness

While listening to the cries, we called the harbor patrol but no one answered,” Wayne said in her statement. “Then we called the sheriff’s office in Avalon, 12 miles away, and whoever answered told us a helicopter would be sent, but it did not come. We heard loud music coming from somewhere, so thought there was a party on a nearby boat. Then I heard a man’s voice, slurred, and in aggravated tone, say something to the effect of, “Oh, hold on, we’re coming to get you,” and not long after, the cries for help subsided, but we heard the cries for up to 15 minutes. We returned to bed, terribly disturbed.”

When the couple woke up the next morning, Wayne said they saw police boats and learned that Wood had drowned.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/11/21/natalie-wood-mystery-witness-says-heard-woman-scream-help-me-im-drowning/#ixzz1eP5kAaQr

Edited by docyabut2

Here's an interview with Wayne from ABC. She claims the sound was coming from about 40ft. away. At night, on the ocean, sound travels. So does light. If they had used a searchlight themselves you would think it would have been in the original report that someone saw it. I wonder how many people were interviewed as there are a lot of boats in the marinas around Catalina Island.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/woman-claims-she-heard-natalie-wood-cries-help-095255169.html

what is the point of re-opening the case?

He is American and a celebrity, regardless of eye witnesses and evidence there will only be one verdict. Even if the Jury saw him do it he would still be found innocent.

I don't know why people find it so impossible to believe that a celebrity can commit crime, especially ones done in the heat of the moment. The fact that he delayed rescue efforts for hours is surely horrendous enough.

IMO delaying rescue efforts could be due to two motives: 1) Mr. Wagner didn't think his wife was in the water, he thought she'd simply taken the small boat out. 2) Mr. Wagner knew his wife was in the water and wanted to make certain she would drown. Two very different motives there. Therefore, I can understand why Ms. Wood's family wants to get to the bottom of all this.

It seems people are coming forward to question why there was no report from the yacht that she was missing for so long a time. Rescue ship captain says she was probably alive for much of that lost time.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/11/24/lifeguard-who-recovered-natalie-woods-body-says-she-could-have-been-saved/

Here's what the news recovered in her autopsy report.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/11/18/natalie-woods-autopsy-report-reveals-new-details-about-her-death/

Edited by susieice

IMO delaying rescue efforts could be due to two motives: 1) Mr. Wagner didn't think his wife was in the water, he thought she'd simply taken the small boat out. 2) Mr. Wagner knew his wife was in the water and wanted to make certain she would drown. Two very different motives there. Therefore, I can understand why Ms. Wood's family wants to get to the bottom of all this.

The Captain claims in their arguments that Wagnor said to Natalie get off my damm boat! Perhaps she tried and fell in the water and Wagnor did nothing to help her.

Why should we even care at this point?

Because her life was cut short and she deserves the truth to be known, just like any person does who has died under strange circumstances.

From what I read, both Wagner and Wood were, if not drunk, close to it. They fight. She staggers off. He shrugs off not being able to find her - it happens when people are in this state. He probably didn't do everything he should have done to look for her but if this captain was sober, then why didn't he take over and call for a search if Wagner was clearly unable to do so?

Bit late whining about it now. Wagner's in his 80's. Smell of money to boost old age pension perhaps?

There again she was on a crewed boat and apparently trying to secure a smaller boat that was banging against the deck and waking her up. Why didn't she just call a member of the crew?

The only crew on the boat was Davern, who was the captain and Wood's bodyguard.

So you have to wonder what exactly was he doing?

There are, IMO, pretty credible reports that Wood was heard screaming for help.

Now, if you accept that Wagner was drunk and Walken was as well, then why didn't Davern do something? Anything?

Although, Chris Walken's part in all of this has always been kept out of the spotlight.

Just exactly what did he know about all of this? Did he know that Wood had gone overboard?

He was younger than Wagner. Why didn't Walken do anything?

The only crew on the boat was Davern, who was the captain and Wood's bodyguard.

So you have to wonder what exactly was he doing?

There are, IMO, pretty credible reports that Wood was heard screaming for help.

Now, if you accept that Wagner was drunk and Walken was as well, then why didn't Davern do something? Anything?

Although, Chris Walken's part in all of this has always been kept out of the spotlight.

Just exactly what did he know about all of this? Did he know that Wood had gone overboard?

He was younger than Wagner. Why didn't Walken do anything?

Good question. Both he and Wagner have made a vow not to talk about it.

Good question. Both he and Wagner have made a vow not to talk about it.

Quite frankly, that doesn't make either of them (Wagner and Walken) look very *good* IMO.

There were the only four on the boat,Wagner Natilee, Walken,the Captain Darven. Darven said he was blasting loud music to cover up the noise of Natilee and Wagner fighting on the deck. Walken was in his room. The whitnesses in the other boat said they heard the women screams crying for help the music, and a man saying he would go get help ,go figure.

And Wagner kept Darven at his house with him for some time after Natalie's death. Wouldn't let him go anywhere and had bodyguards watching. That's some strange behavior that goes beyond grief.

• 1 month later...

Now, a month later, at least the case is still open and is supposedly being investigated. Police are seeking more help from the public.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/natalie-wood-death-investigation-cold-case-234314276.html

That's quite interesting. Do you think they're moving with the tide, up and down?

Seriously, I thought they'd interviewed everyone who was near Avalon? and awake at the time of her disappearance. I know there was a female lawyer. Who else is there, I wonder?

• 1 year later...

*SNIP* Removed advertising

I think the drowning would be a determined factor, so I'm a bit puzzled over your title.

Edited by Lilly
removed spam

Well, this is now, apparently, the latest load of hogwash. Wagner and Walken were consummating their relationship (to put it politely) when Natalie Wood walked in on them. This comes courtesy of the National Enquirer. So you know the facts have been checked, double checked and checked again. :alien: I'm not certain exactly whether the tabloid is speculating this charming detail as a reason for suicide or murder but mud sticks. If I was either of these gents I'd be phoning my attorney with the National Enquirer firmly in my sites, then Capt Davern, then anybody else who won't put up or shut up. JMO.

http://www.dailymail...ht-drowned.html